PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a BOOT PLAYER VOTE system

MSAksion
Feb 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
I read a lot of topics about "I was booted for no reason"

And i know that is so true. I joined a group once and since my character has a very long name they made fun of it and booted me. Another time i remember i got booted because i did not say much while they were talking football or something i forget. But since i had nothing to add they booted me. OR you get booted when Rappies or Jaos appear in say 1cup or Firebreak.

The leader has TOO much power. As soon as the Forrest of Illusion appears START mission here comes the BOOT and everything in there is the leaders while you are left outside waiting to blacklist. I mean come on.

My suggestion is why is there no PLAYER BOOT VOTE YES/NO system?

If the leader wants to boot a moron from the team - like he's harrassing the team or being dead weight. The leader puts up a vote to the other 4 players - BOOT Player Name YES or NO.

I'd make it so that more than half the team has to agree to boot. And if the leader does not get the team to agree he looses the leadership automatically and is passed to another in the team.

And majority vote would win. if the leader truly is annoyed then so is the others in the group that the moron is wasting the teams time.

ABDUR101
Feb 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
A game is only as fun as the people who play it. Unfortunately PSO/PSU is full of children and internet tough guys. A vote system won't change it, it just means you'll wait another 5-10 seconds before you're booted as everyone votes.

"lol wut an idiot, i hate yer name its dum"
*intiiates vote to boot you*
"lolol yeah wutta newb." *votes yes*
"hahahh" *votes yes*
"lam8r" *votes yes*

The internet isn't the best place to have fun most of the time unless you're going to have fun by yourself or with people you know. Thats why I don't really bother getting to know people or interact anymore than I have to; its wasted effort.

People online are single-servings of fun overall, so it only stands to reason that when the kids are online with people they want to impress, if you're the ass-end of the joke, you're shit out of luck.

Seority
Feb 23, 2008, 03:11 PM
I guess the lesson learned is that when you are partying with people you don't know well, and who don't know you well, don't expect to be treated as one of their friends. No, it doesn't make the fact of them being jerks justifing. In parties, yes the leader has all the power technically, but that means to be trusted in a party you must also trust the leader, other-wise you are going to have to deal with the d**kheads time to time.

I try to find people who I come to trust and ask them for parties before I join in with unknowing randoms. If that's too much to handle, then try to get used to soloing, or starting a party with you as the leader. I know that I boot people because I accidently forgot to lock my party and such, and I'm not always in the greatest of moods to appologize and explain why, but I can take responsiblity for my actions. If the other person has a problem with me, I would stress for them to come to me and make me appologize for what I did.
I'm not perfect, but nor am I jerk.
Another good thing to remember is joining parties that state "Booting Party" or something of that sort, don't expect to stay long. (It's a pastime Drex and his friend Bones do when they're bored, then again I can see the fun of booting people who don't ready the comments in the party before and just join.)

Lastly, I would vote for your poll, but it's unfair and favores only your opinion making an useless poll. Just so you understand that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-02-23 12:15 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Feb 23, 2008, 04:39 PM
By experience, votekicks never work. The only way to actually get an asshole taken out is to have a server admin take care of him.

Kylie
Feb 23, 2008, 05:24 PM
We need countless features before this one. In my opinion, the party is in total control of the party leader. If he or she wants to ask the party if someone should be booted, ask them; there's no need for a feature.

Powder Keg
Feb 24, 2008, 12:31 AM
This poll is filled with fail.

Considering that a group of people can waltz in and take control of a room (See: SOCOM II) It's perfectly fine the way it is and should remain unchanged.

thunder-ray
Feb 24, 2008, 01:53 AM
As ive stated before in the other rant i have no problem with the booting system the way it is. I normally dont party with random people only with people that I know.

Mystil
Feb 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
No there does not. You'll have conflict of interest in parties with this system. It wont work.

thunder-ray
Feb 25, 2008, 01:41 AM
The best thing to do if your partying with randoms is keep a clear mind and hope they dont boot you for no reason at all. Or be the party leader and recruit other players in the lobby that way you wont have any problems with getting booted for no reason.

drizzle
Feb 25, 2008, 04:24 AM
Almost everyone I've seen being booted over the past year has earned it in some way... for teaming up with idiots if nothing else ;P

amtalx
Feb 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
My parties are NOT a democracy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I think its more effective to have one person making all the decisions.

Larusu
Feb 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
I think there's no need for a vote system.

Ashkahn
Feb 26, 2008, 06:41 PM
Really, I'm indifferent to being booted. I'm at the point in PSU where I don't really need to rely on parties for my goals.

I guess I'll choose the comedic poll option, then.