PDA

View Full Version : AotI wont take my options into effect...

RemiusTA
Feb 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah so i just got AotI on this new PC of mine. I did a testrun on the Orginal PSU Storymode on maximum settings (High 0 frameskip max resolution) and everything worked fine.

So when i installed AotI, i put everything on max again, but when AotI runs it doesnt even take it into effect. It runs everything on the default settings, and even when i click on "Windowed" it doesnt window my game...it just ignores it like i never clicked it.

Running on Vista, NiVidia Geforce 8600 GTX. What the hell.

Edit: By the way, PSUv1 loads my options fine. AotI is the one that keeps running default.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-23 12:47 ]</font>

Zer0_ConvoY
Feb 23, 2008, 04:00 PM
silly Q, but are you changing the AoI settings? or just the v1 settings

RemiusTA
Feb 23, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, im changing the AotI settings of course. I have to use the AotI launcher, afterall. the AotI settings just dont seem to want to work.

RemiusTA
Feb 23, 2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone? >.>;

rogue_robot
Feb 23, 2008, 08:41 PM
The options dialog works for me (though I'm on XP, so it could be a Vista problem). You can try tweaking the settings file in the AotI program folder, but making changes in the options dialog doesn't seem to modify either .ini file, so I can't really tell you how successful that method is likely to be.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 23, 2008, 09:09 PM
Dunno, running as Admin?

rogue_robot
Feb 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
Oh, yeah. Windows' architecture requires you to run as admin for just about everything. Vista is no exception - though now you've got to input your admin password every friggin' time...

Kietrinia
Feb 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
Or you can just login with a renamed administrator account. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif