PDA

View Full Version : attention new gunners:your giving us a bad name

The_Gio
Feb 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
ok so,i've noticed a lot of posts saying what gunners need or that they need to be rebalanced(and I as a fortegunner since it came out)want to say gunners are perfectly fine. You can solo if you know how to use the class.As for dmg, I see we do the fastest constant damage and a lot of it so we technically do the most IMO. Only thing we don't have are moves to show off cept with SEs or somethin

tailz
Feb 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
hear me out and don't ever forget this.

never. i repeat. NEVER. claim your class does the most damage.

lol you'll see....... *sigh* here we go again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DRO
Feb 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
o-k...i have a gunner too...and i Pwn all

The_Gio
Feb 23, 2008, 06:43 PM
I never said we do the most. I said most constant and i posted this because too many are saying gunners need changes and IMO we don't
edit:nvm I see it,I meant to say we hit fast so we might hit less in a single hit but lets say I hit 200 and you hit 400 but I hit the enemy twice before your done so we do the same but yeah that sounds egotistical...sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-02-23 15:50 ]</font>

WhiteKnight01
Feb 23, 2008, 06:46 PM
ya but if every1 is a gunner then every1 will be bitching thers no techers or fighters and the buffs of wt sucks

MSAksion
Feb 23, 2008, 06:49 PM
Melee PA - at 11, 21 and 31 the color of PA Changes as well as allowing for an extra combo section to be performed.

TECH PA - at 11, 21 and 31 the size of the attack changes and area of effect becomes wider.

GUN PA - can you even tell the different between a lvl 40 bullet and a lvl 1? Why not at least change the size of the bullet or the effect to show how leveled up it is. Or at 21+ make the rifle bullet spiral and sparkle the way melee and TECH visual do =/

Otherwise its the same pew pew same colored lights you always shoot. Nothing wrong with the damage and the status effects i'm just talking visuals. Something to spice it up a bit - thats not too much to ask. From far away theres no way to visually tell how leveled up your friend's guns are.

But it would be cool to have that roll dodge right? Or the kneeling Triple Rifle shot? Or the Charge Laser Cannon? or the Kneeling sideways Bow shot?

The_Gio
Feb 23, 2008, 06:56 PM
well isnt the power and SE of the bullet enough?i`m satisfied with burning things or freezing more constantly,then again I am a simple man...

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 23, 2008, 07:29 PM
I just made my male newman a PT and I'm starting to love it (PTs count, do they? Trap masters, lv 40 bullets, etc). Shotguns with point blanking is totally awesome, although I have to level those bullets up to really get the most of them. x.x

Randomness
Feb 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
On 2008-02-23 16:29, Shiroryuu wrote:
I just made my male newman a PT and I'm starting to love it (PTs count, do they? Trap masters, lv 40 bullets, etc). Shotguns with point blanking is totally awesome, although I have to level those bullets up to really get the most of them. x.x

As long as you're connecting with all 3 hits (4 or 5 if you line the enemies up right), it levels pretty fast to 11. And then you have 4 shiny bullets of doom.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
I personally never made the argument about gunners not doing enough damage. I simply wanted us to have a little more flash in our PA's and whatnot. As it stands we mash X all day, making no use whatsoever of the Y button (360).

Hunters get crazy moves that send enemies flying while doing ridiculous jumping backflips of doom.

Forces get awesome spell animations that change as they level.

Gunners get the EXACT same bullet animation (except for Shotgun, Crossbow and Card which get additional shots).

Seem fair?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

CelestialBlade
Feb 24, 2008, 02:10 AM
Rangers have always been about being passively racking up the damage. We don't need big flashy animations that kill everyone's FPS just to prove we're "cool," we've never been about that. We also don't need BIG NUMBARZ to jerk off to. We silently stand back and rack up the damage, never in it for the glory. The Fortetecher is over there blinding the shit out of everyone, the Fortefighter's over there goin "lol l00k @ me jabroga," but we know that we can solo better than any of them, and we're the most versatile.

Silent heroes, I like to think of us as. But that's how I've always liked it.

ashley50
Feb 24, 2008, 02:18 AM
On 2008-02-23 23:10, Typheros wrote:
Rangers have always been about being passively racking up the damage. We don't need big flashy animations that kill everyone's FPS just to prove we're "cool," we've never been about that. We also don't need BIG NUMBARZ to jerk off to. We silently stand back and rack up the damage, never in it for the glory. The Fortetecher is over there blinding the shit out of everyone, the Fortefighter's over there goin "lol l00k @ me jabroga," but we know that we can solo better than any of them, and we're the most versatile.

Now thats a real gunner!

Yes we CAN solo quite better even though it takes time to take down some mobs and bosses, but dodging while firing and range is our strengths which makes us gunners already good as we are.

Xaeris
Feb 24, 2008, 02:23 AM

Silent my arse, I heard less whining from shamans right after BC hit.

McLaughlin
Feb 24, 2008, 02:25 AM
On 2008-02-23 23:23, Xaeris wrote:

Silent my arse, I heard less whining from shamans right after BC hit.

Burned.

Good Game everyone. You can all uninstall now.

Magus_84
Feb 24, 2008, 02:54 AM
On the point about gunners "not blinding everyone"... there's a very "simple" solution to that:

1. Go GT.

2. Hunt a Cubo Tuma

3. Synth the thing

4. Blind EVERYONE WITH BOLTS OF FLAMING LOVE

5. ?????

6. Profit (By selling it to me for 100 meseta)

See, it's a win-win situation.

dc534
Feb 24, 2008, 04:03 AM
I will keep this simple, SHOTGUNS!!!!
You can pump out nearly 3000 damage pur blast once you get them leveled up. Sure a fighter will be able to put the same amount on you have S.E. wish up the damage even more, plus the nice thing about shotguns is they last more than one mob spawn, I can do almost an entire block soloing with the shotgun with out having to recharge.

The numbers I am baseing my finding on are human male 120 protranser with lvl 30 bullets, not over thirty but right at thirty and with megistride while weariing a solid/knight. I pump 5 shots duing well best dark against light creatures, 515 a shot, so 5 times 515 is 2550 with one blast of the shotgun and the shotgun S.E. things real quick if you pump all 5 rounds into a single enemy.

I am not here to debate which has better S.E. because the crosbow is definetly better at spreading S.E. but the shotgun has a higher damage output, unless you are using the ultimate for the crossbow and your health is below half, but I wont go into that.

Go get a shotgun and start lvling up them shots and then you wont suck as a gunner.

dc534
Feb 24, 2008, 04:08 AM
yeah sure fighters send enemies sprawling but then they have to go chace them down, by that time I am on to my 2nd or 3rd enemy with shotgun blasts to the face. Oh and I am not going to disagree they do look flashy while doing it, but I like to feel as though I am being an asset to the party not a nuesence.

RemiusTA
Feb 24, 2008, 04:12 AM
On 2008-02-23 15:35, The_Gio wrote:
As for dmg, I see we do the fastest constant damage and a lot of it so we technically do the most IMO.

ROFL

COUGHCOUGHmajarrabitchesCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGHdamspellsalsoCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGHltsntforgetchikkiplzCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGH http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3566144737928468178&q=Ramegid&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
COUGHCOUGHlaunchersfailCOUGHCOUGH

have i destroyed you enough yet to make people stop saying "OMG MY CLASS R TEH DMG DELRZ"

You have decent defensive status and you rarely get hit. You dont need a Dodge Roll unless you suck.

I dont get a dodgeroll and i have to deal with getting Megidraped 24/7, so no complaining.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-24 01:25 ]</font>

dc534
Feb 24, 2008, 06:14 AM
yup that works unless you are in a group then all the sudden we are all laging and it takes us all even longer to finish the mission but as far as damage that is hard to compete with.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 24, 2008, 08:06 AM

It's not about glory or damage or people thinking we're cool. It's about gameplay monotony. Hunters get combos and JA, Forces can see their progress in their tech levels and we get the same old mash x animations.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

seph_monkey
Feb 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
On 2008-02-24 01:12, RemiusTA wrote:

As for dmg, I see we do the fastest constant damage and a lot of it so we technically do the most IMO.

ROFL

COUGHCOUGHmajarrabitchesCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGHdamspellsalsoCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGHltsntforgetchikkiplzCOUGHCOUGH

COUGHCOUGH http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3566144737928468178&q=Ramegid&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
COUGHCOUGHlaunchersfailCOUGHCOUGH

have i destroyed you enough yet to make people stop saying "OMG MY CLASS R TEH DMG DELRZ"

You have decent defensive status and you rarely get hit. You dont need a Dodge Roll unless you suck.

I dont get a dodgeroll and i have to deal with getting Megidraped 24/7, so no complaining.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-24 01:25 ]</font>

he was not saying his class are "teh dmg w.e" he saying they can do damage more constantly which is true gunners do the most constant damage and if you lvl your bullets you do pretty impresive damage.

majarra is for newbies

dam- spells do decent damage they just work well as a shield, ra- spells are the best at that so far as you saw in your own video.

chikki is gonna get nurfed and also is for newbies, which is the only thing keeping me from using a slicer.

launchers are for large enemies the bigger the better, not just any enemy you encounter. boma duranga.

you dont rarely get hit unless all you use is a rifle because you have great distance. not only that but monsters can walk towards you, you know thats possible.

a dodge roll is the least they can give gunners for no real gun animations movements.

you should really stop rolling around in the floor and laughing you catch diseases that way.

CelestialBlade
Feb 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
Cubo Tuma is as blinding as a level 31+ Dambarta or Rafoie? Whatever.

Zarode
Feb 24, 2008, 01:21 PM
There's only one good Fortegunner, and I quit quite recently. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The_Gio
Feb 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
lol look all I want is the complaining to end."OMG its so boring being a gunner"well if your in it to show off then go to another flashier class so you can say wow"look at me lay down on my spear"or"look how big it is".But in the end,your just mashing the PA button instead of the attack button.I'm happy to see some of us know what FoG is about,but at the rate were going,the bitching from the ppl trying to level FoG are going to make us look whiny.Like a rich kid not getting what they want

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
Being a gunner is all about being a badass without any need for fancy crap. But, monotonous badassery is still monotonous, and even the badass Belmonts ended up getting new moves (eventually) to help combat monotony.

And yea, I'm all up for a dodge roll or quick sidestep or something as long as there's limitations to it. A well-timed "HAH! Missed me!" dodge is so much more fun than "Oh look another attack I'll just go run that way now..."

DarkEliteRico
Feb 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-02-23 23:54, Magus_84 wrote:
On the point about gunners "not blinding everyone"... there's a very "simple" solution to that:

1. Go GT.

2. Hunt a Cubo Tuma

3. Synth the thing

4. Blind EVERYONE WITH BOLTS OF FLAMING LOVE

5. ?????

6. Profit (By selling it to me for 100 meseta)

See, it's a win-win situation.

I don't think i'm ever going to sell my tuma, took me an extremely long 4 month period to hunt my own down. Might as well hunt there again though since i'm now looking for a fucking agito repca for my fighter/transer

El_Lapucha
Feb 24, 2008, 04:19 PM
Gunners do crazy damage with opposing elements with shotguns and twin handguns. Yak Zagenga as gunner does a lot too. Guntechers are so weak it's sad, fortegunners on the other hand can keep up with fighters and sometimes exceed them. Chikki, Jabroga, and Majarra (which we can use) are the only exceptions to this statement in my opinion.

LanVanDam13
Feb 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
ok so,i've noticed a lot of posts saying what gunners need or that they need to be rebalanced(and I as a fortegunner since it came out)want to say gunners are perfectly fine. You can solo if you know how to use the class.As for dmg, I see we do the fastest constant damage and a lot of it so we technically do the most IMO. Only thing we don't have are moves to show off cept with SEs or somethin

I agree with you i love FoG and u can solo if u kno what your doing i can hit for about 3k with saber Pa and mechgun owns does about 480 constantly and on hard hits does about 730 thats good enough, shotgun does about 600 600x5=3000 a hit close range I love FoG only thing is we cant srank twin handguns everything else is cool

Dragwind
Feb 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
There is nothing wrong with gunners imo, they are perfectly fine.

Except...I feel bullets take a long time to level up to be effective, but thats supposedly going to be fixed. For the record, a well lvled bullet greatly outshines a non lvled one damage and SE wise.

Now to the OP, gunners are most definitely NOT the most damaging class, no. They are not the least though either. I've only seen about 4 minute difference on average soloing as a fortefighter to fortegunner in most missions. However that greatly varies depending on what mission exactly.

It depends how well your bullets are lvled, and how well you use your guns in the right situation. With the upcoming PA exp increase in PA lvling, I sure hope gunners will quit their whining when they are able to lvl up all their bullets with much more ease in turn causing them to see the true damage potential.

The_Gio
Feb 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
on the contrair,were going to have noobs who couldn't stand the struggles of gunners running around with high level PAs making us look worse since they dont know what theyre doing. Gunners are fine to me like I've said BUT thats a whole other subject

Evan-shoots
Feb 24, 2008, 06:01 PM
I totally concur. <-- ha

Yea all you suckas can say that GT and FG are week and need adjustments.
Personally i'm all down for improvements http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

but to be honest we already kick ass
the numbers may appear low, but out DPS and consistant output of bullets (meaning you can do this because you're a good gunner and... yes know how to play) clearly out damages most classes out there...

GT FTW!

but it's no competition we're all here to have fun.
but i agree new gunners learn how to stick with your class and play it correctly

Then YOU WILL SEE THE TRUE POWER in being a GUNNER!!

Dragwind
Feb 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
Crappy gunner is crappy. This is obvious. Even if they're able to lvl up their bullets quite high, they will still suck if they can't use their weaponry effectively.

You obviously have to use some kind of decent judgement and use the right guns in the right situations. It's obviously not smart to use grenades on 2 badiras or something of likes, etc.

BurningRanger
Feb 24, 2008, 09:58 PM
This is cute, acrofighters in all honesty, are my favorite, this game is decentley balanced, stop bitching and game on little warriors.

The_Gio
Feb 24, 2008, 11:09 PM
On 2008-02-24 18:58, BurningRanger wrote:
This is cute, acrofighters in all honesty, are my favorite, this game is decentley balanced, stop bitching and game on little warriors.

hey everyone,look how cool he is!but seriously,this post is to stop people from bitching

jayster
Feb 24, 2008, 11:22 PM
I'm a forteGunner and I'll admit we're not the best DPS class. True we can deal out damage quick, but any fighter class can deal out higher damage pretty quick as well. We're a good class, but we're not the best. I think most forteGunners are stuck in the Pre-AOI mindset that they're the best class and need to step down from their thrones to accept the fact that we aren't the best class anymore. We're still good, but not the best. We fit into a more traditional support role now.

I won't lie, I'd love a higher elemental boost for our weapons and it'd probably make us more appreciated for our damage but I'm happy as is.

tailz
Feb 25, 2008, 02:35 AM
On 2008-02-24 20:09, The_Gio wrote:

On 2008-02-24 18:58, BurningRanger wrote:

hey everyone,look how cool he is!but seriously,this post is to stop people from bitching

lol hmmm didnt see this coming http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

all my characters are fairly equally leveled as far as PA's go, and each one solo's runs in just about the same time as the others... to me, that means the game is balanced

gunners obviously are safer in soloing, and smaller numbers are compensated by quicker firing rate
fighters deal huge numbers, but weapons run out fairly quickly (compared to other classes) even if you have JA mastered
techers are somewhere between the other two, hit harder/slower than gunners and less/faster than fighters, but are situational (when it comes to soloing)

solution: make all three... its really not that hard and ends up being VERY beneficial later
also, no one can have an honest opinion about damage dealing if they havent played all 3 types evenly

i generally find that if i wanna solo, i use my human AT/ newman FT as long as theres no boss involved
if theres a boss, i get my cast FG for launcher on ground, rifle in air
i dont usually use my beast for soloing, mainly cuz the other classes are easier to manage a charged pallet, but runs like valley of carnage are a lot easier on my beast

the games equal. period. lol stop complaining and have fun

Sexy_Raine
Feb 25, 2008, 03:53 AM
On 2008-02-24 10:24, The_Gio wrote:
lol look all I want is the complaining to end."OMG its so boring being a gunner"well if your in it to show off then go to another flashier class so you can say wow"look at me lay down on my spear"or"look how big it is".But in the end,your just mashing the PA button instead of the attack button.I'm happy to see some of us know what FoG is about,but at the rate were going,the bitching from the ppl trying to level FoG are going to make us look whiny.Like a rich kid not getting what they want

Meh, flashy hunter combos are ones that are boring http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Being a gunner is not. Look at it this way, being less FoG/GT means there are less scrubs to represent the class. Must scrubby people don't do gunner because they don't want to level bullet. But, I have no problems with anyone trying to put effort into a gunner from the start. The best Gunners are the ones to started it as one of their first classes, only they can truly appreciate it. I enjoy playing the underused types, and try to make the best of them.

dc534
Feb 25, 2008, 04:39 AM
The real reason why I luck gunner, and I guess it works for techer, is I dont have to go to my room everytime I wanna do a different mission. ALl my buddies are like alright lets do a new run but wait I gotta go get my badass weapon to defeat that creature, I dont have the right elements. I am like hurry back and guess what I end up having to track them down and what are they doing, looking for that badass weapon in player shops. I mean sometimes it takes them nearly 20 minutes just to transition to a new run. Versitility and consitency is what gives gunner classes their benifit. And I consider myself a gunner as a protronaser even though we cant equip gunner armors, which is bullcrap,lol.

Skye-Fox713
Feb 25, 2008, 04:51 AM
Well as for being a gunner myself there are a couple of things i wish we had and they are...(some of which have already been said)

- a little bit of spice for the bullet animations. Per say lets use Burning Shot as an example, at lv. 1 it would look like a regular old red colored bullet, at lv. 11 the bullet would have a slight touch of 'Ember" like particles flowing off of it when fired, at lv. 21 a slight flame effect would be added to the muzzle flash of the gun, so now you would have a nice little flame bullet going on, then at lv. 31 both of the effects are only doubled, and then at lv. 41 the effects are streamlined to give that feel of extrem speed of the bullet.(i might decide to illistrate my point is some colorings later)

- slight adjustment to the bullet lving speed. just making the lving speed a tad faster would be nice.

- And as far as the class stats, they are fine as is . the bonus that GT is getting is nice, that means i can get my dambarta to lv 21

I play as a fortegunner thoe [i only have guntech and fighgun lvl'ed is so to have all the 'gunner' classes lvl'ed up], and i can solo missions just fine, but if ST just spiced up the bullet pa's just a little, that would make it all the sweeter to play and lv up my bullet pa's.

amtalx
Feb 25, 2008, 07:51 AM
On 2008-02-24 01:12, RemiusTA wrote:
Big steaming pile

I can do that with MAH LAZER CANNON and a Burn trap.

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 08:01 AM
Gunner and Force class is the only ones i can stand to play.
Hunter class bores me out to fast.

I love to put the hurt in the distance and plan stragegies.
Shame i see so little people using Laser Cannon´s.
It is very good if used right and using Degahna Cannon makes it even more sweeter to use..vision wise.

Actually, i wonder why we don´t get anymore animation to the bullets when we achieve higher lvs.
The bullets could have bigger blasts.

Degahna Cannon i would love to have even bigger blasts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 08:27 AM
On 2008-02-25 05:23, Pillar wrote:
If you're so sick of being a gunner that you need something... its called class switch, then switch back later.

Are you talking to moi?

I love gunner and force class REGARDLESS of what items i have. :S

The2dCour
Feb 25, 2008, 09:54 AM
Let me Just Counter with a shotgun and I'll stop griping. >:O

panzer_unit
Feb 25, 2008, 09:56 AM
Guys, we get fancy looking bullets. Buy some S-ranks?

I say this in EVERY THREAD about gunners being dull: use your goddamn shotguns, lasers, and grenades. Weapon selection, footwork, fine aiming... you can like DOUBLE your damage sometimes by getting it right instead of just standing there buttonmashing.

Andy1423
Feb 25, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yes, weapon selection is key. But, im sorry, if ST decides to re-balance anything then that's the way it goes----END OF STORY. I believe Japan just got a boost in elemental % on rifles and lasers, so apprently someone thought that they needed a bit of tweaking. I personally think the Y button (photon button http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) could be utilized, but I think the stat base for rangers is pretty fair.

Then agian, like I said...we're not game designers, so as much as we wish and hope for new stuff the ultimate decision is out of our hands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-25 07:08 ]</font>

Doh42
Feb 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
Does Fighgunner count as a gunner too? 4 out of 6 of my weapon palette is centered on Ranged weapons, the remaining two are my melee weapons (twin and double sabers)

Personally, after buying some of the "worthless" Ultimate Bullet Arts in the game, I find that they are the most entertaining, and I really never got the whole "shooting is boring" thing. Mayalee Fury, Twin Mayalee, Twin Penetration, Yak Maga are all very fun PAs and add a lot of options to my character. Having access to SE3 with crossbow on a melee character is almost cheating, and twin handguns at level 21+ of each element really helps against bosses...

Akaimizu
Feb 25, 2008, 12:14 PM
Fi gunner is really a fighter, not to mention, has PA Skill levels to combo stuff. So you get the nice advantage of also being able to do all the fun hunter stuff. As a Guntecher, I also cheat because I have access to techs. I have stuff to see improve and all, especially since the expansion. So I tend to step back a bit from any words against the "Gunners need some pizaaz" type of stuff, because I never relagated to a pure gunner to be sure of what I'm talking about. Not in the same case of all the hunter and force-only players who get up in arms anytime somebody even suggest anything that might even be just a simple 'visual' or 'control effort' nicety to gun use.

Of course, Hunters and Forces didn't complain for a whole friggin year. No indeed. All the power struggles and such, and of course, that majority gets what they want and thus all the code changes and improvements that happened. So in a way, a lot of people complain about this whole idea and say stuff like "This is what happens when a few people whine" when all I can say, the stuff goes both ways buddy.

Anyway, all I really see is people in glass houses throwing stones.

The_Gio
Feb 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
I thought about that after I posted,that it would be hypocritical but I noticed, im not complaining,im explaining that we dont need changes and explaining why, like a public service announcement

CelestialBlade
Feb 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
On 2008-02-25 06:56, panzer_unit wrote:
Guys, we get fancy looking bullets. Buy some S-ranks?

I say this in EVERY THREAD about gunners being dull: use your goddamn shotguns, lasers, and grenades. Weapon selection, footwork, fine aiming... you can like DOUBLE your damage sometimes by getting it right instead of just standing there buttonmashing.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
Weapon selection: Fine, I think they did a good job with the amount of different guns they have.
PA's:Elemental differences and SE's are nice. Having different animations for high level bullets would get overridden by S-rank gun bullet animations unfortunately.
Gameplay: Press X. JA and use of PA button non-existant.

Only reason dodge roll and kneeling shot are suggested is because they are already in the game (IIRC). Don't stop at gunners with the dodge roll, give it to everyone. (While locked on/strafing press any direction+A). It would add a new layer of strategy to fighting enemies.

All I personally want is less monotonous gameplay. I'm perfectly alright with the damage I do as a Fortegunner or Guntecher. Flashy cool things would be nice but I suppose they're not necessary. I just want to do something other than mash X while using guns. JA for guns would be a nice touch.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Skye-Fox713
Feb 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-02-25 11:26, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Weapon selection: Fine, I think they did a good job with the amount of different guns they have.
PA's:Elemental differences and SE's are nice. Having different animations for high level bullets would get overridden by S-rank gun bullet animations unfortunately.

Indeed, the weapon selection is fine and what you said for the S rank guns with the bullet animations for those would override the effects, altho you do have to consider the A ranks that gunners have, like for Fortegun you have A rank Twins, mechgun, x-bow. there are also the Kubara versions of the S rank weapons and such which would look really cool with a special effect of a hight lvl bullet if ST added an effect for the bullets.

Akaimizu
Feb 25, 2008, 05:12 PM
If, just a hypothetical if, there was a JA for guns. And lets say we avoid the whole idea of JAs doing critical damage like it does for Hunters, would it be doable if the JA simply increases SE percentage by a certain amount? That way, there's no sudden broken aspect or worry about too much damage coming from a gunner, but the SEs would work help.

The only case, where I think this logic wouldn't work out so well is Killer Shot. Just because it's an insta kill and technically, I think leaving that all to STs hands, in how often it's likely to land should probably be controlled away from the player. Most SEs are simply debilitating things that make everybody else's job easier.

As for DoT bullet SEs, I'm wondering if they're getting downplayed. I always liked the way that they weren't used to kill the monster, but to apply good damage aid to hunters and forces as long as the monster lived long enough to take the ticks of damage (but it left them alive for those hacking them to get the kills and plenty of time for people to tag). But for Debilitating SEs, I still believe if you don't have a trap holder with good carrying capacity, like the PT, around; that the debilitating Bullet SEs do have some good worth as long as you have a good weapon to spread them.

Who knows, maybe in this current climate ST is more into strengthening the bullet users direct damage and less on SEs. I've noticed some small tweaks, here and there, that suggest so. Kind of a shame, if only because we're losing our mobs that take a while to take down. We need the existance of enemy goliaths again, so things don't drop within 1 or 2 ticks, if the application even got on them early enough. That way, the DoTs still help the Hunter and Force kill the bullet resistant mobs faster, but still take longer if the gunner tried to take the mob on, themselves.

That way, you have mobs to SE and then the Hunter and Force doesn't turn around and say, "So what did you do? You might have saved me 1 single hit on the mob. Whoop de doo".

So I would agree, for the sake of functionality, Gunners are fine. On the other hand, I think the monsters are definitely gimped. Improve the monsters and everybody's happy. I haven't played a pure gunner, so I can't say what the issues of variety is. Technically, I'd probably be inclined to carry an assortment of guns and utilize traps a lot so that instead of X,Y variety; I'd be utilizing the Left/right side pallette aspect a lot. Then again, when I'm not with PT players that use a lot of traps in their game; I tend to utilize the trap portion as well. Traps are probably the number 1 variation for a gunner. If you have less techs, you get more traps.

Sylpheed
Feb 25, 2008, 05:21 PM

Chikki-Kyoren Zan, kthxbi.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:21, Sylpheed wrote:

Not for long.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sylpheed
Feb 25, 2008, 05:46 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:37, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

Not for long.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

You really think the nerf will change it THAT much? I for one will use them as much as i do now which as just as much as the other weapons i use, single claw dagger saber etc.

Just because its going to be losing power dosent mean it wont still hit for an almost infinite range and still have a bigger width of damage radius as the laser cannon does.

CelestialBlade
Feb 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:46, Sylpheed wrote:

Not for long.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

You really think the nerf will change it THAT much? I for one will use them as much as i do now which as just as much as the other weapons i use, single claw dagger saber etc.

Just because its going to be losing power dosent mean it wont still hit for an almost infinite range and still have a bigger width of damage radius as the laser cannon does.

Damage radius nothing, don't underestimate how strong Lasers are, and they're getting stronger whenever that gunner update hits. Slicers can't blast enemies with SEs either.

jayster
Feb 25, 2008, 06:40 PM

Not for long.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

lmao, chikki's getting a pretty big nerf. It'll be decent, but nothing to 'kthxbi.' over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-02-25 15:41 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Feb 25, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-02-24 08:42, seph_monkey wrote:

majarra is for newbies

looololol looks like i won the arguement

Sylpheed
Feb 25, 2008, 09:14 PM
On 2008-02-25 15:09, Typheros wrote:

Gunners aren't the only class that can SE, infact as an Acrofighter I can SE just as much as a gunner can with USEFUL SE's using my ground element Frauduke's.

Not for long.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Damage radius nothing, don't underestimate how strong Lasers are, and they're getting stronger whenever that gunner update hits. Slicers can't blast enemies with SEs either.

Laser cannons are useless now, and they will be useless after the update. Who gives a shit about a slow firing piece of crap when shadoogs are highly mobile SE'ing machines. Using ground Frauduke's i stun every mofo that comes near me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2008-02-26 06:53 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 25, 2008, 09:39 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna wander off into the fantasy zone (get ready!) for a bit.....

Know what woulg REEEEAALLY help the monotony of being a gunner? Making each weapon SIGNIFICANTLY different from one another! Some weapons, like grenades, are already quite different from the rest due to their unique firing method, though even that could stand for some improvement, like allowing you to change the arc (and perhaps add some FRIENDLY FIRE!...or just HURT YOURSELF and not allies if need be) to add more depth to the aiming. Not to mention having grenades explode upon impact with anything (especially the monsters!).

But most weapons are just simple forward-moving projectiles. Handguns can just be combined with a melee weapon and there ya go. Not much more ya can do with a handgun's variety here, is there? But TWIN handguns are another story! Here, it's just two handguns. But they don't even feel like a pair of guns, they feel more like a single two-shot burst-fire gun! How BORING. I say make each of them fire independently of one another. And, though this may sound a bit far-fetched, how about being able to shoot in two directions at once? Dual gunning is meant to be flashy, and multi-direction aiming could actually make it fun.

Rifles, just a two-handed handgun. Coulda used something like an ability to fire in bursts or a stronger single shot with a much lower firing rate. Maybe the firing rate adjustment would actually make them less boring. Maybe.

Lasers, basically rifles that need to be able to multi-hit single enemies so they'd actually be viable against bosses. Perhaps they coulda been weapons that'd charge up before firing, or perhaps fire a continuous stream that leaves you unable to move or turn until you let go of the trigger.

Machineguns, I guess they're fine as they are but they really could use a two-handed counterpart that would disable movement while firing and allow turning instead.

Shotguns and crossbows, I can't think of how they could be improved, except shotgun could use some BOOMSTICK!! weapon effect like the handgun has B'Duki Boa.

Plibble
Feb 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
Lol, you cam certainly tell which people Only ever play one class...
The whole "omg my class is so good and i'm a genius for using this class" malarky that people are spewing...
People talking about how they do the most damage to an enemy cosistantly or otherwise, totally ignoring the situation at hand and how each wave of enemies generally puts forward a different result, having played all classes, i do prefer some more than others, but that just personal preference...
People should stop thinking in extremes,using this logic i could post a screenshot of my fortefighter doing Jabroga on a Drug Groh For over 50000 Damage and say topic ended, or make a graph comparing the damage over a space of 20 seconds against a Rifle against a single target enemy, but it aint that simple, people jsut don't seem to wanna admit their class isn't the bees knees at everything or admit another class is better suited to something else...

Diversify people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And you shouldn't judge a class by the nabbins you see around using it, i mean christ if you did that in PSO you would have thought every HUmar didn't know his arse from his elbow and in PSU the same with Fighgunners, but in both counts, now and then there were good ones lol

I mean, i have no qualms about a specific class, rather i have a general sense of impending doom whenever i see people in an open game fight, wondering how did you get 120 levels into the game without knowing how to fight a bil de vear??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Plibble on 2008-02-25 19:32 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Feb 26, 2008, 01:45 AM
On 2008-02-25 19:30, Plibble wrote:
i could post a screenshot of my fortefighter doing Jabroga on a Drug Groh For over 50000 Damage and say topic ended

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6338/psu20080117171145002lt6.jpg

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 07:09 AM
Ugh...not this again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Soda
Feb 26, 2008, 07:33 AM
Oh No! NERD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 26, 2008, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't Lasers multi-hitting big dudes be a bit broken? There's already nades that can do that, and most linear, projectile piercing attacks usually only hit one target of a big dude, like barta, zonde, and chikki, so I don't see why lasers should be different.

SStrikerR
Feb 26, 2008, 07:41 AM
The new gunner's are only giving themselves a bad name if they arent good yet, but everyone has to start somewhere. Back when people started this game there we probably lv 2 elitists braggin about having rising strike level 3 when others only had it at lv 1. The only difference now is that it's a bigger gap, but who cares? I have 4 chars, and even my main doesnt have a level 30 or higher PA yet. And when I decide to make a gunner alt, does that make me give you a bad name? No, it means I just started, so now I'm gonna level my bullets and whatnot. My god I hate how the OP thinks they know EVERYTHING. (Hey OP, from down here at lv 86, it seems like you're one of those people with 4 lv 120's. Not everyone has 24 hours a day to play PSU. Dont get mad when others dont play as much as you, it just means they actually have stuff to do.)

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 08:00 AM
I'd say the thing that is really giving gunners a bad name is all the MG glitch jockeys that STILL only have MG bullets. No Shotguns...No Xbows...No Laser Cannons...No Grenade Launchers... I've seriously had to bring down Dimma by myself because everyone else in the party was waiting for him to land so they could MG him.

CelestialBlade
Feb 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
On 2008-02-26 04:36, Shiroryuu wrote:
Wouldn't Lasers multi-hitting big dudes be a bit broken? There's already nades that can do that, and most linear, projectile piercing attacks usually only hit one target of a big dude, like barta, zonde, and chikki, so I don't see why lasers should be different.

Yeah, I would say Lasers hitting multiple hitboxes on a single enemy would be a little extreme, plus it really isn't needed. Fortegunners have Grenades, and soon Guntechers will have much better Attack Technics so they can let Foie or Diga do the talking against large enemies, which tend to be Ranged-resistant anyway.

A lack of multiple-hitbox-hitting weapons is part of the reason we're so good at landing SEs, too.

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 09:47 AM
On 2008-02-26 06:37, Typheros wrote:

Yeah, I would say Lasers hitting multiple hitboxes on a single enemy would be a little extreme, plus it really isn't needed. Fortegunners have Grenades, and soon Guntechers will have much better Attack Technics so they can let Foie or Diga do the talking against large enemies, which tend to be Ranged-resistant anyway.

A lack of multiple-hitbox-hitting weapons is part of the reason we're so good at landing SEs, too.

Yes i agree, Laser cannon is a little extremt for multiple hitboxes...but i do gotta admit..forces should be able to use ra-spells to hit multiple hitboxes...one of the things that should be implented IMO..>.>

Reipard
Feb 26, 2008, 09:51 AM
A: The ability to move when in First Person
B: An alt fire option ala Unreal Tournament.

Bam! Variety.

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 09:52 AM
If Laser Cannons were to start hitting multiple hitboxes, you woul have to nerf them so much it wouldnt be fun anymore. Hitting unlimited creatures and hitboxes? There is NOTHING fair about that. Dragons have about eleventy-billion hitboxes if you count all the bodyparts and the tail. As much fun as it would be to nail the dragon for 10k every second, its not really a gunners place (particularly since there are zero drawbacks to using a Laser Cannon, unlike Duranga...)

Grenades are balanced becasue they can only hit 4 targets. If you do the same to my Laser Cannons...IMMA HULK OUT ON ST.

Rashiid
Feb 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
And people say PvP would be perfectly fine....

Sylpheed
Feb 26, 2008, 10:15 AM
On 2008-02-25 22:45, -Tidus_415- wrote:

i could post a screenshot of my fortefighter doing Jabroga on a Drug Groh For over 50000 Damage and say topic ended

That dosen't add upto 50,000 damage, LIAR!!

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 10:18 AM
Math FTW.

CelestialBlade
Feb 26, 2008, 10:22 AM
On 2008-02-26 06:47, darkante wrote:

Yes i agree, Laser cannon is a little extremt for multiple hitboxes...but i do gotta admit..forces should be able to use ra-spells to hit multiple hitboxes...one of the things that should be implented IMO..>.>

You'd have to really nerf Ra-technics then, that could equal a Jabroga in 2-3 casts. Forces are fine, large monsters are what they have Foie and Diga for.

The_Gio
Feb 26, 2008, 01:09 PM
I really don't want to argue...but did I ever once in my right mind say I know everything?and if you have things to do then i'm sorry mr.life,then why should this concern you. Im not saying being a new gunner is what makes us look bad.What does is people who complain they're bored because they missed the point of the gunner classes,and if you weren't too busy trying to be righteous,you wouldve noticed. So plz,look before you leap because to be a good gunner is to stand the difficulty of PA lvling

jayster
Feb 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm not a new gunner and I want some improvements for our class. I think increasing the elemental mods on each gun would make us miles better than we are now. I know our purpose and what we can do. I like being a gunner, that's why I stayed gunner. But I still think we could do with some upgrades. They just gave techers a 20% rod boost. Image what we'd be doing with a 20% increase on our weps.

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 26, 2008, 01:50 PM
^ Complaining that gunners still need a boost.

I'm relatively new to gunning (FoG alt I've worked on-off to 73 since 1up), and I like gunners as they are: the guys that stand back and snipe dudes. SE's are icing on the cake with me, and S-ranks kinda solve the "flashiness" issue. Being able to use most traps are nice for the really annoying-to-hit mobs (the crab people in the ruins come to mind).

Though 'nades that explode on hitting a monster would be a wonderful improvement for gunners.

panzer_unit
Feb 26, 2008, 01:52 PM
On 2008-02-25 18:14, Sylpheed wrote:

Laser cannons are useless now, and they will be useless after the update. Who gives a shit about a slow firing piece of crap when shadoogs are highly mobile SE'ing machines. Using ground Frauduke's i stun every mofo that comes near me.

Yeah... slow, badly-aimed, TP power bullets with SE2 are completely made of win now that SUCKING is the new KICKING ASS.

Actually I wondered about lasers being useful vs S-rank shadoogs the first time my F Newman AT friend whipped one out. I've put 20 more levels on my laser PA since and no there's nothing to be worried about... even if they could get their act together and aim shots to tag the maximum number of mobs, the bullets are too slow for hitting a target at any kind of range.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-26 11:09 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Feb 26, 2008, 02:08 PM
On 2008-02-26 10:52, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2008-02-25 18:14, Sylpheed wrote:

Yeah... slow, badly-aimed, TP power bullets with SE2 are completely made of win now that SUCKING is the new KICKING ASS.

XD What kind of shadoog is he using? And what gunner in his right mind would bother with a shadoog?

Andy1423
Feb 26, 2008, 02:23 PM
So plz,look before you leap because to be a good gunner is to stand the difficulty of PA lvling

Here’s the thing. Yeah Bullets take some time to level. And yeah, if you want to be a ranger, currently, then you’ll have to invest some time in them. The truth however, is that Sega realizes that it is unfair to spend so much time on a skill and not have it maxed out, compared to other class PA’s.

Once the update comes to the US servers it won’t take as long to level bullet PA’s, and then fellow rangers (noob and pro alike) will realize the true power of high level bullets.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 26, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm not a new gunner either btw, I've used it since launch and I want improvements (again not damage but gameplay). How does dealing with PA's that take a long time to level make you a good gunner? jw. Alt shots (use of the PA button) would be a great idea actually.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 02:36 PM

I'm talking from a variety and FUN standpoint here. For the sake of balance, nerfs could be done to the damge or firing rate or whatever to compensate for the increased hits on multi-targeted enemies (come to think of it, I still don't know what that firing rate adjustment is gonna do). As lasers are now, they're only really useful for large groups of enemies. SMALL enemies at that. By allowing multiple hitboxes, there'd be more viable tactics to use on bosses. Yes, dragons would be even more a cakewalk than they already are, but who really gives a fuck about those?

Take a look at Adahna and Magas. Imagine being able to get on its flank and attack both shoulders and the body in a single hit for some pretty good damage. Takes considerably more effort than simply aiming a rifle there, doesn't it?

Now, Onma/Dimma. Its weak point is the wings. Why not be able to hit both wings with well-aimed shots? The risk involved here is that the shot velocity is low and the boss could just fly away from it.

Now, Fakis. Imagine being able to shove lasers down that thing's neck! Considering how much time Fakis spend withoout its neck out, it would encourage more weapon switching than just "I spam the duranga and eat the mates". And if Fakis dies faster as a result of this? Good! That is a way to prevent that cheap ass meteor bullshit that does not belong in an action-based game to begin with (unless they added a way to stop it)!

panzer_unit
Feb 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
On 2008-02-26 11:36, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Take a look at Adahna and Magas. Imagine being able to get on its flank and attack both shoulders and the body in a single hit for some pretty good damage. Takes considerably more effort than simply aiming a rifle there, doesn't it?

Yeah... nothing says hard like standing beside a boss and shooting exactly like you do with a rifle for three times the damage. Oh except people would FREAK about moving bosses and their slow-ass bolts missing because the moment you give anybody some extra damage they think they're entitled to it 24/7.

Heavily armored and resistant bosses with weakpoints for aimed weapons are already one of the things PSU does right. Now if they could only make 'em chase you around like in Monster Hunter, instead of the random wandering and occasionally dropping some easy attack like they currently do... everyone would be happy, not just gunners.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-26 11:50 ]</font>

The_Gio
Feb 26, 2008, 02:50 PM
they show persistance,patience,they show you really wanted to be a gunner because you stuck thru the worst but honestly, I don't care about noob gunners,I can understand experimenting but if your experimenting to critcize,that'll turn off people who want to experiment with FoG and might end up liking it.All I want is,"I want to look cooler shooting" to stop. I'm not saying anything else but that. And i'm for more gunners,but if all they're gonna do is complain how boring the class is then its not worth it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-02-26 11:54 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2008, 02:58 PM
On 2008-02-26 11:48, panzer_unit wrote:
Now if they could only make 'em chase you around like in Monster Hunter, instead of the random wandering and occasionally dropping some easy attack like they currently do... everyone would be happy, not just gunners.

Now if I'm playing, and all of a sudden I see this big Yellow Eye indicator on my screen, and the music gets dangerous, all of a sudden; I have you to thank for the idea. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-26 11:58 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 02:59 PM

On 2008-02-26 11:36, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Yeah... nothing says hard like standing beside a boss and shooting exactly like you do with a rifle for three times the damage. Oh except people would FREAK about moving bosses and their slow-ass bolts missing because the moment you give anybody some extra damage they think they're entitled to it 24/7.

That's the risk you take for using such a slow-ass weapon, and being able to hit with it DESERVES to do more damage than the easy-to-use rifle that has the longest range AND is generally easier to use. (but we'll see what happens when that firing rate adjustment hits...)

Heavily armored and resistant bosses with weakpoints for aimed weapons are already one of the things PSU does right. Now if they could only make 'em chase you around like in Monster Hunter, instead of the random wandering and occasionally dropping some easy attack like they currently do... everyone would be happy, not just gunners.

Agreed...

Andy1423
Feb 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
Lets be honest here. Rangers have the most bare bones attacking system. There really is no debate here, even if you include using different types of ranged weapons as options.

All I'm saying is, that it's inevitable that ST is going to add something to the ranged weapons/system. It's not like being able to use 2 bullet options for one rifle (for example) is going to break the frickin game. I'm mean, come on!!! Can any ranger say that it wouldn't be nice? Or that if they did change it, you would want it the way it was instead. Lets be real. Force's have the closest related weapon type and they can apply 4 spells to one 2handed weapon!

For the people that say its perfect the way it is...I GOT NEWS FOR YOU!!! IT'S NOT! That's exactly why ST is already implementing changes.

Anyways, I love being a ranger, but it would be nice to have some of the gaps of the original system fixed by now.....that's all I’m saying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-26 13:05 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
On 2008-02-26 11:58, Akaimizu wrote:

Now if they could only make 'em chase you around like in Monster Hunter, instead of the random wandering and occasionally dropping some easy attack like they currently do... everyone would be happy, not just gunners.

Now if I'm playing, and all of a sudden I see this big Yellow Eye indicator on my screen, and the music gets dangerous, all of a sudden; I have you to thank for the idea. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-26 11:58 ]</font>

Only problem with this is that you have dodge roll in MH to get the fuck out of the way of the wyvern's open mouth and an active block option if you can't XD

Think of how slow we are in PSU and how fast monsters are in MH. Now that you mention it PSU's gunner gameplay and MH's gunner gameplay aren't that different. We've got first person mode and elemental bullets and all we do is shoot with one button. The only difference is that PSU doesn't have dodge roll and the necessity to reload. Reloading in the heat of battle actually spices things up quite a bit.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-02-26 14:03, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

On 2008-02-26 11:58, Akaimizu wrote:

Only problem with this is that you have dodge roll in MH to get the fuck out of the way of the wyvern's open mouth and an active block option if you can't XD
Don't forget that epic dive if you're running *AWAY* from the monster!

Think of how slow we are in PSU and how fast monsters are in MH. Now that you mention it PSU's gunner gameplay and MH's gunner gameplay aren't that different. We've got first person mode and elemental bullets and all we do is shoot with one button. The only difference is that PSU doesn't have dodge roll and the necessity to reload. Reloading in the heat of battle actually spices things up quite a bit.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Normal Shot = Handgun, Rifle
Pierce Shot = Laser Cannon
Scatter Shot = Shotgun
Crag Shot, Clust Shot = vastly superior Grenade Launcher
Ammo switching = weapon palette

Bowguns get a rather useless melee attack that does very litle damage but is fun to use every so often.
Also, I think the heavy bowguns in MH2 get the ability to block to compensate for their reduced mobility compared to light bowguns. Oh yeah, and if you were making ammo in the middle of, say, a Fatalis battle in MH1 online (did you bring your wyvern claws?), you had to be careful or else get chomped or fireballed. In addition to this, you had to use separate ammunition to inflict status effects upon enemies. There were also buff and heal shots. And a far less ugly reticle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-02-26 14:40 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 26, 2008, 05:53 PM
I know a lot of people would bitch and moan if reloading was implemented in PSU but I think it'd be a nice added twist. Imagine being in the middle of a De Ragan fight and you have to reload. Just as you start to reload you see him start his fire breath attack. Right as you finish reloading you dodge roll out of the way, narrowly avoiding death. Now that's exciting!

And yes Heavy Bowguns did get a shield attachment in MHF2.

Normal Shot = Handgun, Rifle
Pierce Shot = Laser Cannon
Scatter Shot = Shotgun (Except shotguns don't flinch your team members)
Crag Shot, Clust Shot = vastly superior Grenade Launcher (I lol'd)
Ammo switching = weapon palette

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-26 14:54 ]</font>

seph_monkey
Feb 26, 2008, 06:06 PM

its really funny to me when people post topic over and its like 3 to 4 pages back to the most recent comment lol

also there is a reason why jabroga cost 99 frags because after it starts to hit a high lvl it will start to become usefull it you land the hit and JA and the monster has many parts to hit. same like killer shot costing 90, why worry about damage when you will kill it in a few shots, and all its requirement is atleast lvl 21 and a low sta/end on the monster.

things are different in situation so even if jabroga does 50,000 damage it still have to meet requirements for it, it is not like your hitting 50,000 on a single monster with one hit box, which is its horrible disadvantage.

tailz
Feb 26, 2008, 10:48 PM

ok lets see...
first off, its drua gohra, not drug groh
second off, its not over 50,000, its under 43
third, if ur gonna brag about this in such a "im better than you so stop trying and bow down to me" way, at least use a better weapon than an ank pikor + 1, even if its 50%

and most importantly, just because you can kill a few things faster doesnt make your class the strongest. PERIOD.

The_Gio
Feb 26, 2008, 11:23 PM
lol didnt see that coming.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 26, 2008, 11:51 PM
For those complaining about bullet looks from Tier 1-4. get yourself some damn S ranks, and certain A ranks!

Here's my opinion of the Fortegunner's palette:

Handgun- Basic weapon any class can use, but really does nothing for this class. Mayalee Shot is probably the only decent bullet for it.

Crossbow- leave them how they are.

Machineguns- Good for shooting enemies one at a time. higher element %'s would help with its low ATP

Shadoog- Pointless for the most part.

Rifles- Already getting improvements, but give it a damn multi-hit like Shotgun bullets when shooting in between two enemies. They aren't very strong DPS weapon as it is right now. Don't give me any bullshit that is too overpowered, it's not. Twins would still be stronger on a single enemy. My Nova probably does over 1000 damage with no shifta with her Dark Shot 40 on a critical hit to a light enemy.

Shotguns- Awesome weapons for a Fortegunner. They already got a damage boost in AOI. They're fine the way they are. Just wish they gave Shigga Baret a sound similar to B'duki Boa. Also I can comfirm Madam Brella has a longer bullet range than a normal A rank shotgun. Barada Inga is awesome bullet to have for the Shotgun

Twin handgun- I'm not sure how they could be changed for the better.

Laser Cannon- Hopefully a faster firing rate would improve this weapon. It's also too much of a pain to lv multiple elements right now. Damage is decent, but give it a higher element % anyway since it doesn't multi-hit big targets. Mayalee Prism is also a good bullet to have regardless of what level it is. The knockback feature is useful for those who know how to use it. My Nova can pin 2 or 3 Vanda to a wall while others can finish them off.

Grenade launcher- Another awesome weapon for a Fortegunner. I only thing I'd like to see for this is for grenades to damage on impact, and not go through enemies at a close distance. Also, a way to control the range the Grenade shoots.

That's all I have for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-26 20:56 ]</font>