PDA

View Full Version : Best Ult PA/Weapon for a Beast Protranser?

TheFonz
Feb 24, 2008, 09:50 AM
What should be the primary Weapon a Beast Protranser should use and the first ULT PA that frags should be spent on?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 26, 2008, 09:36 AM
Move granted per request.

(Free dhybump up the list of topics ;o)

biggabertha
Feb 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
Melee:

For damage: Dus Majillion, Anga Jabroga

Ranged:

For damage: Boma Duranga, Phantasm Prism

For utility: Barada Maga, Barada Chamga, Mayalee Prism, Masei-Sou

For solo: Mayalee Hit

I wouldn't really bother with getting anything else other than Barada Maga if I were you, Beast Protransers aren't exactly awesome in the accuracy department but it depends on how well you like the Shotgun. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul if you want to take a Protranser seriously because you need the bullets to be around Lv. 30 to appreciate them and Lv. 40 to fully appreciate their effects (except maybe Masei-Sou... It has it's uses but around 1% of the time you play, if that).

desturel
Feb 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
Masei-sou is complete failure for a beast protranser. Slow firing rate, short range, and horrible acc mod (32% at level 1) means more frustration than it's worth. Get Chousei-sou if you are only going to have one bow bullet.

panzer_unit
Feb 26, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'd suggest element lasers for a Beast PT... level those along with frag skills on Shotgun (Barada Maga) and Grenade (Boma Duranga) which have significant accuracy boosts on weapon types that need it.
Regular laser skills have decent ATA mods (70%) and the weapons themselves have the best ATA out of the multi-hit gunner weapons as well.

Anga Jabroga is a must-have frag PA for anyone that can use axes.

That should keep you busy for a while... quite a while....

CelestialBlade
Feb 26, 2008, 10:28 AM
Don't forget Lasers are soon getting an increase to their elemental mod, making them even more awesome than before. Don't rule out those elemental Prisms.

You've probably figured this out already but as a Beast PT, I'd think you would want a Cati / Hit as soon as possible. Normally I don't value ATA very much but I can see it making a difference as a Beast PT. It's probably the only way you're going to utilize all the elemental bullets (read: better than almost all Ult. ones), so keep it in mind if you haven't already.

TheFonz
Feb 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
Thank you! You guys are much better than the peeps over at 'Fresh Kills Landfill' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

At the moment, my Protranser friend has: S-rank GL (SfD), S-rank Sword (HC), S-rank Spear (G), S-Rank LC (MC) and S-rank Shotgun (SD), pretty standard stuff but I think he likes the knuckles a lot so he should be getting them soonish (is the ult PA for the knuckles any good?)

I think I'll tell him to get an S-Rank Axe and a Cati/Hit asap!

DEM_CIG
Feb 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
On 2008-02-26 07:09, desturel wrote:
Masei-sou is complete failure for a beast protranser. Slow firing rate, short range, and horrible acc mod (32% at level 1) means more frustration than it's worth. Get Chousei-sou if you are only going to have one bow bullet.

Masei-sou is a complete failure period.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 26, 2008, 12:28 PM
I would get Dus Majarra. It costs few PA frags and it really hits hard. Even if you miss a few hits, it's a very good Spear PA, much better than Daggas. You'll thank us later.

panzer_unit
Feb 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
On 2008-02-26 08:02, DEM_CIG wrote:

Untrue. It's an awesome skill for bow-using Partner Machines... they don't bother to use range or mash out attacks anyway, so the major downsides on the skill aren't a big deal. Who knows, "the knockdown bullet" might get HUEG BUFFED in the same update where all Rifle skills gain knockdown at lv31. Right now it's got uniqueness as an excuse for unplayable penalties. Soon, no.

Chousei-sou is probably pretty awesome if you pick it up along with all the regular element shots for Twin Handgun, Rifle, or Bow... so you only need to fire Chousei when the super long range is actually a bonus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-26 09:55 ]</font>

soolayah
Feb 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
On my pt I have the knuckles (bogga robado), spear (dus majarra) and axe (anga jabroga) ones (I'd probably have the sword one if I ever used swords), as well as barada maga (shotgun) for high eva enemies, and I like all of them and use them fairly often.
I might get boma duranga (nade launcher) sometime, but in most cases where I'd see myself using it i might as well use jabroga and not get any hp drain (but this is mostly since none of my friends have a techer for their main).

jayster
Feb 26, 2008, 12:58 PM
Get Boma Duranga. Mines only level 11 and I'm hitting 1000+ damage each zone on the re regan S2. Not to mention I'm only level 94.

desturel
Feb 26, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-02-26 08:02, DEM_CIG wrote:

Masei-sou level 6 so far. One day when I get it to level 40 I will laugh at all of the people who said rifles are the hardest thing in the game to level.

That is unless there are some crazy modifications done to it when they change how PAs level.

panzer_unit
Feb 26, 2008, 01:36 PM
Watch it get a Penetrating shot or something and go completely over 9000.

Penetrating knockdown would own all.

Xefi
Feb 26, 2008, 02:12 PM
if you like using sword, i suggest trying out Gravity Break; it's pretty old school fighting, but it's fun to use and good damage at the same time.

pikachief
Feb 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-02-26 06:57, biggabertha wrote:
Melee:

For damage: Dus Majillion, Anga Jabroga

Ranged:

For damage: Boma Duranga, Phantasm Prism

For utility: Barada Maga, Barada Chamga, Mayalee Prism, Masei-Sou

For solo: Mayalee Hit

I wouldn't really bother with getting anything else other than Barada Maga if I were you, Beast Protransers aren't exactly awesome in the accuracy department but it depends on how well you like the Shotgun. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul if you want to take a Protranser seriously because you need the bullets to be around Lv. 30 to appreciate them and Lv. 40 to fully appreciate their effects (except maybe Masei-Sou... It has it's uses but around 1% of the time you play, if that).

I think half of the things u listed are HORRIBLE PAs buit because of your name and sig i feel like i must get them for my PT now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif lol

Hercules
Feb 26, 2008, 02:59 PM
Agito repca 5+grinds with a gravity break

biggabertha
Feb 27, 2008, 02:18 AM
On 2008-02-26 11:22, pikachief wrote:

I think half of the things u listed are HORRIBLE PAs buit because of your name and sig i feel like i must get them for my PT now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif lol

Awwww... no fair! The original poster asked for Fragment PAs to choose from and Protranser only has access to sixteen of them.

To be fair... Only Barada Maga and Boma Duranga are the only real useful ones of all the obtainable Fragment PAs and even then, proper equipment (from monotonous runs) and a full compliment of elemental bullets have better capabilities than any of the neutral element bullet Fragment PAs.

Anga Jabroga's fun but it's not strictly the first PA you should get because if you start out as a Protranser... you can't use an Axe for quite some time... The original poster asked for the FIRST thing to choose from (okay.... Grenade Launcher and Laser Cannon are waaaaay out of the league).

To everyone hating on Masei-Sou.... I completely agree that it's slow, difficult to use, impractical and virtually useless but I love seemingly useless things. There's always a use for them at some point (like how Aksucs are THE best axes to level Anga Jabroga but are virtually useless everywhere and anywhere else).

dc534
Feb 27, 2008, 02:25 AM
well you are a beast but accuracy does not really matter all tha much in this game so I would still get majarra and ikk Hikk you really only need the first part of ick hikk for it to be good anyway I mean you will start out hitting in the thousands with knuckles. Speed is another problem with PT we use heavy weapons and therefore are very slow so dus majarra and any spear pa should be advised.

Alos spinning strike for the saber. with a crimson and crimson line on and the second part where you do a dropkick, me being a human male PT I can hit for 3400 and it is only lvl 12 so the saber one past 11 is really decent to get but that one can wait unless you love sabers a ton, which I do.