PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Voices

Illuminate
Feb 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's a way to switch to Japanese voices.

Without it being considered a hack, or effective towards one's account being banned.

The english sounds kinda suck. :/

P.S. Thanks in advance. xD

pikachief
Feb 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
well no. u cant. it would have to be a hack.

And when i played on the JP ver. i had to turn my volume off cuz every time Kitty got hit it sounded like someone kicking a puppy >.<

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 24, 2008, 01:33 PM
It would have been nice to have those AS AN OPTION, especially considering how much fail the English male voices are now (for PS2 users). I'd at least like to know if the Japanese voices suck as bad as the ENglish ones. And I don't feel like using YouTube right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ThEoRy
Feb 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
other than playing the import version I'm afraid not.

Shiryuu
Feb 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think I remember a guide for changing PSU bgms somewhere in either the official or this forum. You can probably do the same thing with voices, probably much harder though.

Sasamichan
Feb 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-02-24 10:33, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I'd at least like to know if the Japanese voices suck as bad as the ENglish ones. And I don't feel like using YouTube right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes they do suck. I don't really like anything in Japanese audio anyways.

RemiusTA
Feb 24, 2008, 03:00 PM
It would have been nice to have those AS AN OPTION, especially considering how much fail the English male voices are now (for PS2 users). I'd at least like to know if the Japanese voices suck as bad as the ENglish ones. And I don't feel like using YouTube right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

the japanese voices are just as bad.

Personally, i would have VERY much enjoyed an option in AoI that when making voices you could choose between the simple Grunt voice sets and the Voice ones.

Because i seriously miss the grunts. Voices get so annoying sometimes.

pikachief
Feb 24, 2008, 03:42 PM
Kitty's voice reminded me a bit of Hal's.... except Kitty's was 10000000 times worse.

ashley50
Feb 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
If i can play this game with JP voices like when i did play on the JP servers, i would stick to it.

reason? Much better than grunts...and the like. makes the game more playable and less boring.

(This is just MY Own Opinion...you can stick to yours and i'll stick to mine)

Illuminate
Feb 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
Can you play the Japanese EXE version on the PC servers? o.o I don't think you can. D:

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 24, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-02-24 12:00, RemiusTA wrote:

the japanese voices are just as bad.

Personally, i would have VERY much enjoyed an option in AoI that when making voices you could choose between the simple Grunt voice sets and the Voice ones.

Because i seriously miss the grunts. Voices get so annoying sometimes.

Aye, the grunts at least didn't take away from the feeling of personalization like being forced to thank your scape dolls every time you die---or get giresta'd out of death, for that matter. I'm not so lazy I have to have some lousy voice do all the thanking for me!

Really, it's the new English voices that make me wanna try the Japanese voices. I'd much rather yell out some gibberish (nevermind that I took Japanese classes, most of it is still gibberish to me XD) and take my chances wiht the voices I haven't heard than say incredibly lame lines with horrendous, douchey voices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-02-24 15:11 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'd love to have Japanese voices. My male human is supposed to be Japanese, or whatever is Gurhal's version of Japanese. I played the AoI JP beta, and I have to say that I like the Japanese voices much better than the English ones, although they still talk in the Japanese voices, and I can understand it.

Novenia
Feb 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
Honestly I don't like the JP Version voices because they all say mostly the same thing but in different pitches..... Most of the voices say the same thing. Kurae, yaaaa~, gomen etc

Some of the Japanese voices scare me. Lol. Like the one that is very quiet but when she transforms to her beast form she sounds creepy as hell....

Reminds me of hentai game where each character have a stereotypical personality. The voice sin the JP PSU are like those different persoanlity, you want high pitch cute loli? Conceited Japanese chick who goes AAAAHAHAHAHAH? Sexy voice that sounds like rape? The quiet one....the loud one....The robotic one.

Blegh, the english voices I prefer better. Lol. But I guess if you don't understand the language it sounds alot better. But when you actually understand what they say it's annoying.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI

This is what playing on the JP servers sounds like.

Oh and

On 2008-02-24 15:42, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'd love to have Japanese voices. My male human is supposed to be Japanese, or whatever is Gurhal's version of Japanese. I played the AoI JP beta, and I have to say that I like the Japanese voices much better than the English ones, although they still talk in the Japanese voices, and I can understand it.

Newman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2008-02-24 18:43 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Feb 24, 2008, 11:28 PM
When did the PC/PS2 English voices come out? Is it in a patch that came out recently? All I ever hear is grunts.

Then again, I haven't played since last week or two weeks ago...

Any ideas people?

BahnKnakyu
Feb 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
You can move the JP AotI voice files over to the PC side to get JP cutscenes when you play US PSU AoTI Offline, but thats the best you can do. Based off of some research Tycho and I were doing, it looks like the ingame grunts were tied directly into certain data files - they're not contained within a file by itself.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 25, 2008, 12:44 AM
On 2008-02-24 20:28, Ken_Silver wrote:
When did the PC/PS2 English voices come out? Is it in a patch that came out recently? All I ever hear is grunts.

Then again, I haven't played since last week or two weeks ago...

Any ideas people?

Only PS2 can hear them. They've had them since AOI came out.

Illuminate
Feb 25, 2008, 10:30 AM
Meh, offline is a disappointment...

If they had made it a little better, like unlocking all the missions for all characters. It'd be really nice.