PDA

View Full Version : AotI questions

mrlion
Feb 24, 2008, 01:43 PM
Its been a while since I've played and I just want to get some answers straight if you can help me ya?

1. Did they improve synth ratios? Is it still hard to synth stuff?
2. Did they improve grinding? Does it still break if you grind a weapon?
3. How's the drop rates this time? Is it still hard and tedious to get something?
4. I heard its faster to level to 100 this time...how fast are we talking?
5. Do people still do the same mission over and over again to get better meseta/drops or did they imrpove rewards on normal missions (C-S2)

I think thats it...thanks.

mrlion
Feb 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
Oh yeah one other thing I forgot:

6. How's the population on the PC/PS2 servers? Did it improve since AotI came out?

Yuneiko
Feb 24, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'll asnwer to the best of my abilities.

1. Yes, synth ratios have been increased, but many I believe still have bad luck synthing. For the most part though, I feel I synth a lot more successfully now.
2. Grinding does not break your weapons, now weapons have two numbers when you grind. A new weapon has 0/10, and as you upgrade, it can to 1/10 or 0/9 if it breaks. Breaking a weapon while grinding reduces the max grinds available on the weapon, but you don't lose it.
3. Drop rates are said to be increased, and on AoTI or yellow missions, i'm pretty sure the drops are better. Many still have bad luck hunting the RARE rares, IE rattlesnake or whatever the rifle is from Magas Magghana.
4. Yes, exp has been increased from every mob, not to mention meseta drops as well.
5. People still do spam the same mission over and over, but since Guardian's Boost Road came out and the Forest as well, I think many people have been scouring Moatoob for the forest.
6. Population is around the same as it was pre AoTI. People who hated the system expected the game to be fixed, but the basic premises of the game is still exactly the same. Many still believe haxeta of the past to be a problem, but I feel the economy has struggled with the problem and is pretty much as good as it's been in the past, i'm finding usable things for almost NPC resell prices(9* A rank weapons for the most part, which is all I use. I care not for hopping to 10* as of yet). I even see several 10* weapons at prices even I can afford, and I only have around 4 mil meseta. At least Photons don't sell for 100K+, I see most photons selling for 1K or so.