PDA

View Full Version : 10* or up or boot!!!

El_Lapucha
Feb 24, 2008, 08:15 PM
Just got booted from another party again because I pick up resins, ebons, and scape dolls. There is absolutely no reason to pick up only 10* and up items, rare set to random fixes this problem. It won't take up your turn if it lands on you, and if you don't want it for whatever reason just drop it.
It just pisses me off because everyone in this party sucked hard. Gunners were awful, and the fighters all had less then 20% weapons, I even saw one using a 9% al tip lightning non-stop. They need the meseta so I don't know why they don't want these items.
So... I come to you to ask.. is there a reason why people should not pick up rares? I understand aldaga cresa, ryo-crezashi, and the like. But vulcaline, vestalines, ebons, maybe even kerseline, why not? They are stackable. they won't take up much space.
I carry 20 weapons on me at a time, a few armors and all resists except poison and I still have no inventory problems. Just deliver if you get full.
Maybe I'm missing something totally obvious, please enlighten me before I explode. These GBR parties suck, people are retarded.

Retehi
Feb 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
On 2008-02-24 17:15, El_Lapucha wrote:
people are retarded.

There is your answer.

DEM_CIG
Feb 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
lol that suxs

Sasamichan
Feb 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
What platform do you play? Sounds like a xblock problem.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
On 2008-02-24 17:15, El_Lapucha wrote:
people are retarded.

That's exactly it.

Feign
Feb 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
Idiots and those who believe themselves skilled when not tend to jump to conclusions and then set them in stone, never allowing a word of wisdom from anyone, whether their elder or not. You could pin it all on a child's lack of knowledge, teen angst, or adult forgetfulness. It's just the way people are.

I try to only team with my friends. They have specific hours they play at, which makes it tougher for a shut-in like me, but at least I've never been kicked from a party for picking up scapes for people...

El_Lapucha
Feb 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-02-24 17:17, Sasamichan wrote:

Of course its xbox.

It's just amazing that they would boot someone with a couple % off of 50 and restart their whole party, return to city, look for 2 more members since my girlfriend was with me, just because I picked up rares.

Idiots and those who believe themselves skilled when not tend to jump to conclusions and then set them in stone, never allowing a word of wisdom from anyone, whether their elder or not. You could pin it all on a child's lack of knowledge, teen angst, or adult forgetfulness. It's just the way people are.

I try to only team with my friends. They have specific hours they play at, which makes it tougher for a shut-in like me, but at least I've never been kicked from a party for picking up scapes for people...

I totally agree with you friends are the way to go, but most of mine are sick of GBR already. :[

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: El_Lapucha on 2008-02-24 17:22 ]</font>

Mystil
Feb 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hate to brag but it feels good knowing I'll never experience this ever again. Solo FTW.

xJakkalx
Feb 24, 2008, 08:29 PM
Agreed.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2008, 08:30 PM
On 2008-02-24 17:17, Sasamichan wrote:

THAT'S SUCH A LAMEASS STEREREREOTYPE that's so effing true.....

DoubleJG
Feb 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
Playing within close-knit groups of friends is the way to go :3

Not having your gear judged is a great feeling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Randomness
Feb 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
I find it ironic that these same people would probably kick you if you picked up something like a Madam Brella.

Feign
Feb 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
On 2008-02-24 17:31, Randomness wrote:
I find it ironic that these same people would probably kick you if you picked up something like a Madam Brella.

Depressing. You just can't win.

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2008, 08:43 PM
That's quite some serious business there. It's no longer just regular B rank items, now A ranks are junk as well? I pick up pretty much everything, even some photons in FoI. ;D

Irony at its best.

DonRoyale
Feb 24, 2008, 10:45 PM
I pick up Vestalines and Vulcalines only if other people are picking them up. They're like idiots, they never shut up&never go away. I sell them to the NPC.

I also sell boards, but I don't see why resins and ebons are kickworthy items.

Silly 360 players. They'll find any excuse to stop you from "taking their rarz".

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2008, 11:42 PM
I just get annoyed when people in an all 120 group pick up monomates... I'm running around with 3k hp, a monomate is useless. I understand other people want some of the other items, I just drop it if I don't want it. Like people have started picking up truffles again for something or other. I asked why, they told me, I said, well, I'm gonna drop mine and whoever wants em can have em. Kicking someone for it is stupid.

THE JACKEL

Mystil
Feb 24, 2008, 11:49 PM
It used to make me mad when people would pick up junaline, which always ends up going to me.

Til I realized it only takes 9 stackes to make 1mil by selling to the NPC heh.

Mewnie
Feb 25, 2008, 02:49 AM
I still gather ebons and vulcalines :3 There's still some nice A ranks to cook up (Soda Riban, My Card Regas+10 obsession ;3 )

amtalx
Feb 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
Y'know what I do? I just pickup meseta and leave the rest to everyone else. They can decide what gets picked up. I'll be busy giving some SEED bishes a rectal exam, thanks.

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 08:24 AM
Man, thatīs some stupid people.

Any material = more cash.
Sell it to the NPC if it sucks = Win!

How can they not pick up that basic rule?

Alizarin
Feb 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Why do those people refuse free money?

amtalx
Feb 25, 2008, 09:51 AM
On 2008-02-25 06:25, Alizarin wrote:

I think their point of view is that they don't want their inventory clogged with items that are usless to them. They want that space reserved for items that will bring a decent profit.

I can understand this because I generally carry a "ready for anything" inventory load and have relatively few open spaces; however, booting people for picking up items you don't want is a bit harsh. The party leader should have asked first.

Ingenue
Feb 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
On 2008-02-25 05:13, amtalx wrote:
Y'know what I do? I just pickup meseta and leave the rest to everyone else. They can decide what gets picked up. I'll be busy giving some SEED bishes a rectal exam, thanks.

ahem...you do not pick up meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

El_Lapucha
Feb 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-02-24 20:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I just get annoyed when people in an all 120 group pick up monomates... I'm running around with 3k hp, a monomate is useless. I understand other people want some of the other items, I just drop it if I don't want it. Like people have started picking up truffles again for something or other. I asked why, they told me, I said, well, I'm gonna drop mine and whoever wants em can have em. Kicking someone for it is stupid.

THE JACKEL

Well setting normal items to finder fixes this problem, the only thing is you might miss out on some trimates and dimates, but I understand monomate problem.

I sell the vulcaline, vestaline, and kerseline to the NPC, and when I'm solo i'll pick up the crea boards and sell them too for 1500.

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-02-25 10:13, El_Lapucha wrote:

On 2008-02-24 20:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Well setting normal items to finder fixes this problem, the only thing is you might miss out on some trimates and dimates, but I understand monomate problem.

I sell the vulcaline, vestaline, and kerseline to the NPC, and when I'm solo i'll pick up the crea boards and sell them too for 1500.

The problem with making normal items Give Finder is that the money will be Give Finder too. With enemy drops in the ~15k range for large enemies, that may upset the ranged characters that aren't near the enemy when it dies.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-02-25 06:51, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-02-25 06:25, Alizarin wrote:

I think their point of view is that they don't want their inventory clogged with items that are usless to them. They want that space reserved for items that will bring a decent profit.

I can understand this because I generally carry a "ready for anything" inventory load and have relatively few open spaces; however, booting people for picking up items you don't want is a bit harsh. The party leader should have asked first.

I don't think that's the whole of it. People also mistakenly believe that if they pick up that Kerseline, then they just wasted their turn on it, and they may miss out on a "good" rare. This is, however, a fundamental misunderstanding of how it all works. They think that the item is assigned to a player on pick-up, when it is, in fact, assigned on drop.

Seriously people, rare drops are easy enough to deal with. You'll see those big red letters scrolling up the side of your screen. If you don't want the item it says you just found, then take a moment to drop it. The fact that it just got picked up should be a good indication that someone does want it.

Back in the old PSO days, when we didn't have item distribution, one common practice was to commune together after the run, and exchange the drops you found. This way, everyone gets something they wanted.

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
[b]On 2008-02-26 09:39, HUnewearl_Meira wrote

Back in the old PSO days, when we didn't have item distribution, one common practice was to commune together after the run, and exchange the drops you found. This way, everyone gets something they wanted hunters take all teh rarz.

fix'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SabZero
Feb 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
You know, if the person who picked it up, doesn't get it, just drop it for them. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. Just don't ninja drop it please. Do tell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif