PDA

View Full Version : The rarest weapon

Arada
Feb 25, 2008, 08:07 AM
Hi !

I'd just like to know what the rarest (S rank) weapon is today, outside of Agito Repca.

Thanks.

Arika
Feb 25, 2008, 08:08 AM
Agito Repca is not the rarest. The rarest is Amure tippy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2008-02-25 05:09 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Feb 25, 2008, 08:11 AM
No its the crimson... that's the rarest weapon... jk, the Kazarod is rare... i really cant say wut the rarest is...

Leahcim
Feb 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
Amure Tippy

New_One
Feb 25, 2008, 08:43 AM
Why is it so rare? Is it a seasonal thing?

RedMussel
Feb 25, 2008, 08:43 AM
Amure Tippy and Cubo Murusananaanana 10*

MSAksion
Feb 25, 2008, 08:44 AM
the rarest weapon is the one thats been out the longest that no one has because its in a mission no one likes or that there is a superior weapon on the market.

The Kazarod - its the only FT weapon that can be used by a non-Newman ForteTecher. But there are not that many non-Newman ForteTechers...

...and the superior in ever stat - psycho wand 12* Kubara seems to drop so often now - 2 friends got it within minutes of each other's solo run =/

So you could do a horrific Barta filled "Demons Above S2" over and over and have that stupid flying Onmagoug not drop a Kazarod or you could just Megid Train in sleeping warriors S2 and have a Psycho Wand drop off any monster >__>

Rare because theres no point to it =/ that is the Kazarod - my signature weapon that eludes me.

Arada
Feb 25, 2008, 09:07 AM
I'm asking cause I now own a full FT palette (Gaozoran Rod, Kazarod, Psycho Wand, Hoshi-Kikami, Tesbra, Rikauteri, Halarod) so I was wondering...

Kinda to make money and wait patiently for the next FT weapon to be released and simply buy it when someone shows it in his shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

And by the way, there's no way I'd rerun Demons Above in months, I've done it far too much the past two weeks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the answers.

Genoa
Feb 25, 2008, 09:40 AM
Me and my buddies did about 20 or so Demons Above S2 runs for Kazarod and we got it, and it actually synthed ;o
It's pretty nifty =D
I've been spamming Sleeping Warriors S2 for ages now leveling up my PA's when my friends aren't on... one relic edge to show for it? Definitely no Psycho Wand ....

And I'm going with Amure Tippy being the rarest

Powder Keg
Feb 25, 2008, 10:37 AM
I was lucky...I got Kazarod on my second run. I said to myself "Uh oh, I hope it isn't THIS easy to get 11*'s) but I was wrong, and just got lucky.

Jainsea
Feb 25, 2008, 01:03 PM
The rarest, hmmm hard to say .I got to say the Kazarod ranks up there. Simply due to the fact that the run has been out for ages,its Barta hell, its only a boss drop and not many ppl go there so you can never find a party ever lol. I've been searching on and off every since it came out and I just BARELY found one like 2 days ago D:! Luckly I had my friends helping me and it was giving to me^_^ I synthed and pulled it out next day. I was so happy to fianlly have one now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I'm sure there's other S ranks that are just as hard to get, but this is just in my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Feb 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
Cubo Musrana because nobody does Train Rescue S2.

My vote may or may not have to do with how much I've been hunting it and how much it won't drop.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 25, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'd say Amore Tip, Musrana, and maybe Carriguine Rucar.

KamiSori
Feb 25, 2008, 02:39 PM
- amure tip
- kazarod
- im not sure if i should even count Kubara knockoffs, maybe Gur Astec
- Double Agitos used to be extremely rare, but i think there was a slight influx recently...
- halp serafis are pretty rare, of course this is gonna change drastically very soon...

Miyuki
Feb 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-02-25 05:44, MSAksion wrote:

The Kazarod - its the only FT weapon that can be used by a non-Newman ForteTecher. But there are not that many non-Newman ForteTechers...

I think Halarod is only newman exclusive FT weapon... Gaozoran rod and psycho wand definately are not.

DEM_CIG
Feb 25, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-02-25 11:44, Miyuki wrote:

I think Halarod is only newman exclusive FT weapon... Gaozoran rod and psycho wand definately are not.

Yup the halarod is the only newman special rod...

superdood22
Feb 25, 2008, 03:01 PM
Deghana Cannon if not that then Agito if not that then Kaza if not that then the 10* cross bow and if not that then the Amure Tippies.

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 03:25 PM
I have done so many runs for needle Cannon on GoF a while ago, i just straight up gave up on it.
Bought it instead a week or 2 ago.
Man how i got disspointed when i finally got to try it out.
A little arrow like thing comes out?
WTF! Meteor Cannon is more interesting..>.>

So i was thinking about hunting Degahna Cannon instead..when relising it drops on the same mission as NE.
Gave a big doh..and just plain bought it with my last money.
Tried it..and wow what a good feel it gives to the Laser Cannon weapon now..actually makes it fun to use. IMO

So yeah..Needle Cannon and Degahna Cannon i would say.
Blackbull third.

jayster
Feb 25, 2008, 03:34 PM
On 2008-02-25 06:07, Arada wrote:
I'm asking cause I now own a full FT palette (Gaozoran Rod, Kazarod, Psycho Wand, Hoshi-Kikami, Tesbra, Rikauteri, Halarod) so I was wondering...

Kinda to make money and wait patiently for the next FT weapon to be released and simply buy it when someone shows it in his shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

And by the way, there's no way I'd rerun Demons Above in months, I've done it far too much the past two weeks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the answers.

how did i know this was going to be a brag topic before even reading it... ::sigh::

Randomness
Feb 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
On 2008-02-25 12:25, darkante wrote:
I have done so many runs for needle Cannon on GoF a while ago, i just straight up gave up on it.

So i was thinking about hunting Degahna Cannon instead..when relising it drops on the same mission as NE.
Tried it..and wow what a good feel it gives to the Laser Cannon weapon now..actually makes it fun to use. IMO

Blackbull third.

Not so sure about needle... I've soloed up two of em, but never seen either Rikauteri or Degahna boards drop.

Star-wise, Amure Tip is the rarest out, at 13*.

As for getting, its dependent on the player's luck...

For its star level, Blackbull is probably the rarest 10* weapon in the game.

jayster
Feb 25, 2008, 03:47 PM
On 2008-02-25 12:42, Randomness wrote:

Blackbull third.

Not so sure about needle... I've soloed up two of em, but never seen either Rikauteri or Degahna boards drop.

10* crossbow is more rare than the blackbull. I got a Degahna cannon board on my first run and a Rikauteri board on my 6th run. It's mostly luck. Amure Tip is probably the hardest to obtain.

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-02-25 12:47, jayster wrote:

On 2008-02-25 12:42, Randomness wrote:

Blackbull third.

10* crossbow is more rare than the blackbull. I got a Degahna cannon board on my first run and a Rikauteri board on my 6th run. It's mostly luck. Amure Tip is probably the hardest to obtain.

YES luck is all that matter really.

Actually i have tried hunting for Cati-power for these last days and have yet to find one.
I feel that strange seeing how semi-cheap they seem in the player shops..and yet i canīt afford one sigh..

Got 2 Kan Yu to show for the runs so it feels a little strange.
I thought Kan yu were more rare..>.>

RegulusHikari
Feb 25, 2008, 04:16 PM
Kazarod does not touch Amure Tippy or Agito Repca in rarity. Not even close. Just because no one has/wants it doesn't mean it's rare.

150+ TD S2 runs with only 1 Agito find
vs.
A boss drop (usually found after 20 runs)

Drop rate > personal rarity. I hear Amure Tip is a bitch to find, but I've never hunted it. So that might just be because nobody's looking for it. And even if it is common, I'd say the mats are harder to obtain than the Repca's. Both weapons are pretty rare.

As for the Musrana, even that's probably rarer than any 11* since it drops of a miniboss of one mission (which usually have lower drop rates than bosses). I actually have one (5/10) /advertisement and they are much more expensive than a Tuma.

Agito Repca
Amure Tippy
Cubo Musrana

In that order.

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 25, 2008, 04:26 PM
Amure Tippy
Musrana
Kazarod

Top 3.

Garanz-Baranz
Feb 25, 2008, 04:34 PM
Guess people forgot Grand Cross? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

It's deadly rare too...

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:34, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Guess people forgot Grand Cross? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

It's deadly rare too...

Nah people are biased when they chose their weapons...
They think Kazarod is far rarer than any other 11* star in honest. Fact, they have same drop rate but you must factor that it people luck..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-25 13:42 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:34, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

It's deadly rare too...

Grand Cross is only rare (and overpriced) because Electronic Brain isn't a popular mission anymore. To be honest, naming the 'rarest' item is simply a case of finding a mission no-one likes, and seeing if it has any unique drops.

I'd say the top 3 rarest are (in my opinion):
- Amure Tip: 13* drop, from a rare enemy. The rare map variation is a pain to get, and the droprate also appears to be very low. As if that wasn't bad enough, the materials needed to synth it are insane (15 Lithnia? 2 Serafi Feathers?) All that, for a fricking pink Al Tip.

- Kazarod: Should be an easy enough droprate (11* boss drops are fairly easy to get now- I average one every 15 runs or so.) However, it only drops in Demons Above S2 (Eastern Peril S2's Onmagoug is too low level), and Demons Above is a very unpopular mission. It's also pretty dull to solo, so not many people run it. Finally, most of Onma's drops can be found easily elsewhere (Har / Quick in Dancing Birds, Togeha-zashi in White Beast, Orpa-senba also drops in Moonlight Beast). Oh, and it's inferior to a Psycho Wand, so nobody bothers hunting it except a few hardcore players.

- 3rd place is a tie-up between a few items:
- Rattlesnake: How many people seriously run Desert Goliath?
- Shigga Baret: See above
- Agito Repca: Area drop, but droprate seems to be very, very low. Also, materials to synth the sword are insane (10 Agito Edges and 15 Titania)
- Psycho Wand: If only for the materials needed to synth it.. (10 Relic Edges, 30 Diads)
- Gaozoran Rod: Unless you plan on spamming SEED Awakened (possibly one of the least popular missions on the game), there aren't too many Gaozorans. Droprate seems fairly bad. Even in the 1Up Cup, with 500% droprates, I saw TWO boards drop, compared to say 5-6 Rucars. Then there's the matter of 15 Citrads and 7 Gaozoran Rod materials..
- Zanshu-Misaki: Suffers from Kazarod's problem. Everyone hates Moonlight Beast. However, it doesn't have a superior counterpart, so it's not as high up the list.
- Hoshi-kikami: See Zanshu.

desturel
Feb 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:16, RegulusHikari wrote:
Agito Repca
Amure Tippy
Cubo Musrana

Agito Repca and Psycho Wand have the same drop rate. If you put Agito Repca at the top, then you would also have to put Psycho Wand up there.

That would still make your list BS. Sure the Kazarod may drop more often than Repca and Psycho Wand, but considering that 100x the people do True Darkness/Sleeping Warriors as compared to the people who do Demons Above, that still makes both of those items more readily available.

Also to spout that Kazarod isn't rare and then list Cubo Musrana as third is laughable. Train Rescue S2 has 5 Dilla Griena (at least, I haven't done the run in at least a month on 360 thanks to the horrid slowdown). Rainbow Beast S2 has one Kagajibari. That would give you more chances to get the Musrana per run than the Shi-kikami (even including rare bug hunting in Endrum or Goliath). By your logic, the only thing that is making the Musrana rare is that no one does the run.

Mugungruk also suffers the same fate as Shi-kikami and Musrana with it's fate in Cost of Research S2, but receives a small reprieve in the form of Forest of Illusion (although you can't choose your element). This is also the fate of the once rare Huge Cutter when it got dropped into Lightning Beast.

So your list SHOULD be:

Amure Tippy
Agito Repca
Psycho Wand

For you to have the argument against Kazarod that you have and to list anything else would be completely silly.

SYDNEE
Feb 25, 2008, 05:17 PM
Don't see many Snowy Claws around these days either.

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 05:22 PM
youll gonna see them soon enough

mvffin
Feb 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
here's what i think top 5.

1. Amure Tip
2. Kazarod
3. Halp Serafi
4. Snowy Claws
5. Cubo Musrana

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 05:52 PM
#3 will be common in easter

Leahcim
Feb 25, 2008, 07:07 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:52, GuardianElite wrote:

yup =/ (gawdamn it lol)

RemiusTA
Feb 25, 2008, 07:13 PM
the rarest weapon is the one thats been out the longest that no one has because its in a mission no one likes or that there is a superior weapon on the market.

...and the superior in ever stat - psycho wand 12* Kubara seems to drop so often now - 2 friends got it within minutes of each other's solo run =/

So you could do a horrific Barta filled "Demons Above S2" over and over and have that stupid flying Onmagoug not drop a Kazarod or you could just Megid Train in sleeping warriors S2 and have a Psycho Wand drop off any monster >__>

Rare because theres no point to it =/ that is the Kazarod - my signature weapon that eludes me.

*sniff*.....that was beautiful....

mvffin
Feb 25, 2008, 09:57 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:52, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2008-02-25 05:07, Arada wrote:
Hi !

I'd just like to know what the rarest (S rank) weapon is today, outside of Agito Repca.

Thanks.

dogg1000
Feb 25, 2008, 10:07 PM
#1 amure tippy (Think there's only 1 on ps2/pc server)
#2 agito repca
#3 cubo munsrana

beatrixkiddo
Feb 25, 2008, 10:08 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:17, SYDNEE wrote:
Don't see many Snowy Claws around these days either.

Were those S-Rank? I never had a pair.

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 25, 2008, 11:30 PM
A rank.

Bear claws were the S rank and were laughable glitched to 50%. Damn near all of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

DarthLasek
Feb 26, 2008, 12:05 AM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/SuRams2010/50Rucar.jpg

Pretty rare when the items ARE NOT from 1up

unicorn
Feb 26, 2008, 12:08 AM
1. Amure Tip
2. Snowy Claws
3. Cubo Musrana
4. Agito Repca
5. Kazarod (Kego Clearing? whats that?)
6. Gaozoran Rod (7 Gao mats rival 30 diads and some relic edges + no one does Gao runs)
7. Psycho Wand
8. Rattlesnake
9. Shigga Baret
10. Hoshi-kikami

DarthLasek
Feb 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
rucar more rare then baret nowadays

dc534
Feb 26, 2008, 12:13 AM
As rarity goes I would say that some materials are harder to get than their weapon boards

Cariguine blades should top that list. Even though you can get them to drop on any rank mission I would advise against s2 missions. I have seen the board twice yet no blades. Them blades are going for 15 mil on 360 servers.

As far as weapons are concerned. amur tippy since nobody hunts it for 1, I yet have to find out all the variations to get that rappy igg to apear to improve my chances, does anyone have the rare map variations yet?

Agito I would say is in the same boat as hunting a p-wand, I have found both of those items by the way and it was a pain but nevertheless I still have that agito 5-10 34% dark, to bad everyone else is making it dark as well because I want another one,not a dark one.

As far as kazarod, i guess if you like fighting lots of tengohgs and barta, which is not that hard when you 40% or better armor, than yes that mission can be a pain. I personly have not found any board there but I have only done that mission maybe 25 times this last week. ON the other hand I have looked for the zanshu-misaki and hoshi-kikami more than 70 times and have yet to find anything but armor boards, mira kikami boards, and I think a howrod board

carriguine blades are at the top of my list however if you are on the 360 server and find one please let me know I have one blade and two boards I need one more of its blades.

Phantomface
Feb 26, 2008, 12:29 AM
@dc534: YES YES YES AND MORE FREAKIN YES! Blades are nearly physically impossible to find through my experience (found 4 repcas while looking for them...one week and NO BLADES)

@DarthLasek: That picture...made me cry just a bit

-Tidus_415-
Feb 26, 2008, 01:12 AM
1. Amure Tippy
2. Carriguine-Rucar (Tho it'll be common again when Max Attack G comes to our servers.)
3. Snowy Claws

...Sadly thats it...lol

tailz
Feb 26, 2008, 02:37 AM
On 2008-02-25 12:34, jayster wrote:

On 2008-02-25 06:07, Arada wrote:

Thanks for the answers.

how did i know this was going to be a brag topic before even reading it... ::sigh::

exactly what i was thinkin jayster lol......

DarthLasek
Feb 26, 2008, 07:34 AM
On 2008-02-25 21:29, Phantomface wrote:
@DarthLasek: That picture...made me cry just a bit

I cried too...after i almost crapped myself XD

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
I still don't see many ppl with Kan Yus, despite the Festa event's generousness with some drops.

As for overall rarity, Amure Tippy. Rare drop from a rare miniboss, and the mats to get it are a pain (I have never personally seen Lithnia drop).

Eleina
Feb 26, 2008, 10:34 AM
10/10 Agito repca...have yet to see one on pc/ps2 server
As for kazarod it isn't rare.

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 10:40 AM
On 2008-02-26 07:34, Eleina wrote:
10/10 Agito repca...have yet to see one on pc/ps2 server
As for kazarod it isn't rare.

How come that like no one sells them then?

They gotta have good value in them for keeping people for selling it for money.

Eleina
Feb 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
It's annoying as hell to hunt(demons above is like 50% run around) so once you get one i doubt you'd want to try getting another.
Just because no one sells them doesn't mean they are rare. How many made psycho wands do you see for sale? Not alot but that doesn't make it rare..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2008-02-26 07:48 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Feb 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
It may not be as rare as some other weapons, but it's in such high demand that it's availability is lower, making it somewhat rare to come across.

Eleina
Feb 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
A rare weapon =/= A weapon rare to come across

Rare weapons are ones that have either no one has like 50% 10/10 repca / 95% of 11*s grinded to 10 etc etc, or ones that have limited copys of like armure Tip /Uransara +10/ Shigga Desta +10 and so on

Rare weapons are rare to come across (by defination) but weapons rare to come across are,'t necessarily rare.

Lol whatever this topic was answered by the first post at any rate .

Neith
Feb 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
On 2008-02-26 08:20, Eleina wrote:
A rare weapon =/= A weapon rare to come across

Rare weapons are ones that have either no one has like 50% 10/10 repca / 95% of 11*s grinded to 10 etc etc, or ones that have limited copys of like armure Tip /Uransara +10/ Shigga Desta +10 and so on

If that's the case, most C-Rank 10/10 weapons are 'rare' because no-one can be bothered grinding them.

Grinding shouldn't even be a factor in whether something is rare. A 10% 0/10 Repca comes from the same board as a 50% 10/10, its just personal luck that gets a better weapon. It has no influence on the weapon's rarity, in terms of obtainability.

That's my thoughts anyway, but eh. Everyone's definition of 'rare' is different.

Weeaboolits
Feb 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
On 2008-02-26 08:30, UrikoBB3 wrote:
If that's the case, most C-Rank 10/10 weapons are 'rare' because no-one can be bothered grinding them.I will have my Sniper 10/10! D:<

Poncho_Jr
Feb 26, 2008, 08:17 PM
At one point didn't the [B] Kazarod drop the same area as Tesbra, or am I just confused? D:

Sexy_Raine
Feb 26, 2008, 10:25 PM
No, Kazarod has always been from Demon's Above S2. True Darkness/Seed Awakened S2 is the only place Tesbra drops, until we get the new AOI mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-26 19:25 ]</font>