PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: So what do you think about selling meseta on

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 25, 2008, 03:53 PM
My friend was telling me he did that a few times. He said he go about $800 in all... I see it as a good thing for the seller. I mean if you have all that money, and not really do anything with it, why not sell it? As for the buyer.....kinda crazy.... I saw someone buy 50 million for about $200.

Thats seems very obsessed to me......

The only thing i would do is do the $5 for a million.
Thats about it. $5 that about 1 1/2 gallons of gas...
But $200......thats like a car note....or a cell phone bill.... When i saw that i was like wtf????

What do you think about this???

NOTE: I have nothing against those who use money like that, i just believe its not worth it...

Marche
Feb 25, 2008, 03:54 PM
It sounds like its against the rules.

And might get you more than just a ban from a game, in my opinion, but I don't know.

Anduril
Feb 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
I think it's pretty ridiculous to do that. If you have that much money laying around why not donate it to a charity or something instead of wasting it on some data in a game? I just think it's really stupid.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 25, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-02-25 12:55, Anduril wrote:
I think it's pretty ridiculous to do that. If you have that much money laying around why not donate it to a charity or something instead of wasting it on some data in a game? I just think it's really stupid.

Yea i agree with this.
You have money like that just to waste on a game...
If i had $200 just laying around... I'd probably go get some shoes or cloth or somethin...

I will say this again... If i did do that, i would only do 1 million whihc varies from $5 maybe $10.
I doubt i would. But if i did, thats the highest i'd go

DEM_CIG
Feb 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
Umm its stupid, who ever buys it is pathetic...

Marche
Feb 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
I don't think doing that "just a little" makes it okay.

thats like saying "well, if I rob from this store only once, its legal"

darkante
Feb 25, 2008, 04:01 PM
I donīt think itīs allowed to gain RL profit from it.
Thatīs like piracy.

But anyway..who in there right mind gives out that much money for just game data? Jesus..thatīs sad.

jayster
Feb 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
I was playing with this kid - Box - yesterday and he was talking about how he's selling his meseta on ebay. Some guy bought 100 million off him in our party for 5$ a mil and another guy bought 20 mill off him. I took down his gt and ID bc i was going to report him but then I didn't. It's such a waste of $$ though, meseta is easy enough to obtain in this game. You don't even have to play much anymore to get a couple million.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Feb 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hi, this is what the rest of the MMO world calls "RMT" (Real Money Trading) and in virtually all the rules listings, this is a bannable offense. You're effectively profiting off of someone else's copyrighted material. If that doesn't reek "no" to you, well... -.-

RegulusHikari
Feb 25, 2008, 04:06 PM
OP, just FYI, 1m at $5 a pop is $250 for 50m. You'd be getting the worse deal. >_>

But it's a ridiculous idea regardless (for the buyer).

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:03, jayster wrote:
I was playing with this kid - Box - yesterday and he was talking about how he's selling his meseta on ebay. Some guy bought 100 million off him in our party for 5$ a mil and another guy bought 20 mill off him. I took down his gt and ID bc i was going to report him but then I didn't. It's such a waste of $$ though, meseta is easy enough to obtain in this game. You don't even have to play much anymore to get a couple million.

I sorta see what you mean.... but most people i see are able to get like 20 million each week... I dont know how they be doing it.... I assume selling stuff is involved...

Can someone tell me some advice on how to make meseta like in the millions...quickly

Marche
Feb 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:07, Charger89 wrote:

On 2008-02-25 13:03, jayster wrote:

I sorta see what you mean.... but most people i see are able to get like 20 million each week... I dont know how they be doing it.... I assume selling stuff is involved...

Can someone tell me some advice on how to make meseta like in the millions...quickly

hunt for rares in S rank missions

JarinKail
Feb 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
I couldn't care less if I tried. If someone wants to spend their cash on virtual money, more power to them.

amtalx
Feb 25, 2008, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter to me how you spend your money, but its so easy to make money in this game buying it just doesn't seem worth it.

SJW89
Feb 25, 2008, 04:30 PM
On 2008-02-25 12:53, Charger89 wrote:
My friend was telling me he did that a few times. He said he go about $800 in all... I see it as a good thing for the seller. I mean if you have all that money, and not really do anything with it, why not sell it? As for the buyer.....kinda crazy.... I saw someone buy 50 million for about $200.

Thats seems very obsessed to me......

The only thing i would do is do the $5 for a million.
Thats about it. $5 that about 1 1/2 gallons of gas...
But $200......thats like a car note....or a cell phone bill.... When i saw that i was like wtf????

What do you think about this???

NOTE: I have nothing against those who use money like that, i just believe its not worth it...

This is another poll with NO OPTIONS that apply to me.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:25, amtalx wrote:
Doesn't matter to me how you spend your money, but its so easy to make money in this game buying it just doesn't seem worth it.

I try to learn how to get alot of money on this game per day... I also know for those who be on all day be having alot of money but thats out of obsession....

Xaeris
Feb 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
I approve. It's the essence of capitalism to profit off the stupidity of others.

MzHitman
Feb 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
People who get caught doing this can get banned. It is quite possible that the people selling the meseta have not obtained it "legally". There are websites where people can buy meseta, made weapons, rares... it's all just dumb really. If you're going to pay to not have to really work for your money or your weapons... what's the point? Go play something else.

JarinKail
Feb 25, 2008, 04:49 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:48, MzHitman wrote:
People who get caught doing this can get banned. It is quite possible that the people selling the meseta have not obtained it "legally". There are websites where people can buy meseta, made weapons, rares... it's all just dumb really. If you're going to pay to not have to really work for your money or your weapons... what's the point? Go play something else.

You have no right to pass that judgment.

SJW89
Feb 25, 2008, 04:49 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:44, Xaeris wrote:
I approve. It's the essence of capitalism to profit off the stupidity of others.

So paying $10 a month for the game isn't stupid, but paying $10 for a million meseta is?

chibiLegolas
Feb 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:20, JarinKail wrote:
I couldn't care less if I tried. If someone wants to spend their cash on virtual money, more power to them.

I agree. It's their $. And as for the meseta seller, it's YOUR time you're basically selling. So why not?
In a game like PSU were meseta and rare items are not permanently set at a certain distributed # within the game as a WHOLE, who cares?!
Items and $ are being exchanged for ppl's time spent on each end.

Sure, you'll see a noob with lots of $ and S ranks, but that's their decision to obtain them. And doesn't stop you from leaving their rooms and playing with such folks.

Hight amount of meseta & S ranks are just trophies. Don't let your egos get the best of you and move along, no?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-25 14:02 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 05:03 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:59, chibiLegolas wrote:

On 2008-02-25 13:20, JarinKail wrote:

I agree. It's their $. And for the meseta seller, it's YOUR time you're basically selling. So why not?
In a game like PSU were meseta and rare items are not permanently set at a certain distributed # within the game as a WHOLE, who cares?!
Items and $ are being exchanged for ppl's time spent on each end.

Sure, you'll see a noob with lots of $ and S ranks, but that's their decision to obtain them. And doesn't stop you from leaving their rooms and playing with such folks.

Hight amount of meseta & S ranks are just trophies. Don't let your egos get the best of you and move along, no?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-25 14:02 ]</font>

well at any case its illegal... Whats a thrill without half the risk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-25 14:08 ]</font>

Snitch
Feb 25, 2008, 05:28 PM
this is illegal.. many ppl get banned from mmo's doing this kinda st00pid things.. buying and selling in rl.. RMT made many games go under. .. like FFXI economy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif gilsellers (meseta sellers) usualy chinese ppl playing 24/7 camping monster that drops good items....

I would hate it if they start using this game for RMT.. then we all will be screwed! so please don't support any ppl doing this, if you see or hear anything.. Report them to ST .. please it's for our own best.. trust me..

Dragwind
Feb 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
Extremely foolish.

Akaimizu
Feb 25, 2008, 05:31 PM
In response to just the topic itself, I usually laugh at the prospect. However, I found it funnier when this was about PSO, not PSU. In PSO, ST handed out meseta hand over fist, so paying for it really could seem like a true lack of saving time.

In this game, it's still not quite like PSO, where you landed tons of money by just playing it for a fairly short duration.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-25 14:32 ]</font>

Snitch
Feb 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
look up the TOS ( Terms of Service )

(7) conduct business or profit-related activities including, for example, marketing, promotion, advertisement and recruitment.

SEGA may take action against you and/or Your Account if you fail to abide by the foregoing or any other rules and standards of conduct set forth in this Subscriber Agreement, the EULA, or the Rules of Conduct. Such action may include without limitation the issuance of a warning about a violation, the suspension or termination of Your Account and/or legal action against you. You understand that SEGA is not required to provide you with notice prior to suspending or terminating Your Account for violating any of these rules and standards.

so its not legal at all..

Grimhart
Feb 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
For the buyer... it's a silly way to spend real money, buying virtual money. Seriously.

For the seller... it's definitely illegal, as noted above by the excerpt of the ToS.

Plus, real money trading has been proven to be damaging to a game's economy. So basically, there's plenty of reasons as to why it's bad for everyone involved.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 25, 2008, 05:42 PM
This reminds me of the site selling a Har/Quick for 500 bucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

GaNksTa
Feb 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:42, Chuck_Norris wrote:
This reminds me of the site selling a Har/Quick for 500 bucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I've seen worse ><. I used to play some hardcore Korean game and the highest level character on the international servers bought a sword for $975.00 USD.. Though I quit; 2 weeks for level 42-43 was a little much..

Billy960
Feb 25, 2008, 06:20 PM
Other people have already been banned for buying/selling meseta so yeah its against the rules. I think its rather pointless to buy meseta/items instead of earning them yourself.

Inazuma
Feb 25, 2008, 07:06 PM
buying/selling meseta w/ real world money is totally fine. but if the meseta was acquired by illegitimate means (such as duping), then i have a problem w/ it b/c it affects the game negatively.
if the meseta was obtained thru normal play, and it changes hands, it shouldnt have any negative impact on the game at all. itd be the same as one player giving money to another for free.

SJW89
Feb 25, 2008, 07:07 PM
On 2008-02-25 14:34, Snitch wrote:

(7) conduct business or profit-related activities including, for example, marketing, promotion, advertisement and recruitment.

SEGA may take action against you and/or Your Account if you fail to abide by the foregoing or any other rules and standards of conduct set forth in this Subscriber Agreement, the EULA, or the Rules of Conduct. Such action may include without limitation the issuance of a warning about a violation, the suspension or termination of Your Account and/or legal action against you. You understand that SEGA is not required to provide you with notice prior to suspending or terminating Your Account for violating any of these rules and standards.

So? Why would anyone sell their meseta unless they're quitting anyway?

P.S. - It's legal, you'll just get banned for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-02-25 16:07 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Feb 25, 2008, 07:09 PM
a waste of money

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 07:11 PM
On 2008-02-25 16:06, Inazuma wrote:
buying/selling meseta w/ real world money is totally fine. but if the meseta was acquired by illegitimate means (such as duping), then i have a problem w/ it b/c it affects the game negatively.
if the meseta was obtained thru normal play, and it changes hands, it shouldnt have any negative impact on the game at all. itd be the same as one player giving money to another for free.

Breaking a ToS would be limited to one of these (1) being banned or termanated from a service. If circumstances serious enough (2)You could jailed and pay a fine..

Retehi
Feb 25, 2008, 07:13 PM
So where is this list of people being jailed for selling virtual money?

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
On 2008-02-25 16:07, SJW89 wrote:

On 2008-02-25 14:34, Snitch wrote:

So? Why would anyone sell their meseta unless they're quitting anyway?

P.S. - It's illegal, you'll just get banned for it.

fixed it is not legal selling others tangible or electronic copyrighted material without the owner recieving a profit

Aries2384
Feb 25, 2008, 07:15 PM
The Seller's can protect themselves by just saying, "I'm not selling Meseta, I'm selling my time that was involved in collecting said Meseta. " OR my favorite, you aren't buying meseta, you're buying a personalized Sheet of paper, I will also include 50 million meseta as a free gift to thank you for your purchase!"
All in all. People will do what they want to. I don't think ST is intrested in busting RMT's. They saw the work that SquareEnix went through with FFXI RMT's and said.. hmm yeah, fuck that. They barely get enough work into their game, let alone something that is player driven. Personally, if someone spends a year building up an amazing account, I believe they should have the rights to sell THEIR ACCOUNT. We pay money for our accounts, its with our rights to terminate or such other business. What do VG companies care? Instead of a account shutting down, its drawing a new player into an old account so the cash flow for ST continues. I'm sure they don't mind. But they do mind the glitches, that stuff ruins the game. S+10 glitch being the foremost in my mind.

SJW89
Feb 25, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-02-25 16:13, Retehi wrote:

Quoted for truth

On 2008-02-25 16:14, GuardianElite wrote:

fixed it is not legal selling others tangible or electronic copyrighted material without the owner recieving a profit[/quote]

Meseta is copyrighted? Technically it's not their property because it's just an in-game parameter. (One which can be changed by typing in a number. LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-02-25 16:17 ]</font>

Honey_Bot
Feb 25, 2008, 07:16 PM
i may be wrong but isn't the character, meseta and "our" weapons property of sega? so hmm people are selling things that do not belong to them. all for the sake of looking cool in a virtual world, do these people drink sprite?

Randomness
Feb 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
As a side note, didn't eBay ban the sale of this kind of thing?

GuardianElite
Feb 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
On 2008-02-25 16:13, Retehi wrote:

As I said smartass breaking ToS not necessarly meaning selling of virtual money but cases serious enough you could be jailed like hacking, enfrigement, and embezzlement

superdood22
Feb 25, 2008, 07:48 PM
Imma give you my honest opinion, if 99mill was being sold for 2 dollars and some cents best believe my ass would be first on the list for 5 orders. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-02-25 16:50 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Feb 25, 2008, 08:37 PM
just dont tell anyone you bought meseta on ebay. you'd be a laughing stock ala hulk proportions.

JarinKail
Feb 25, 2008, 11:32 PM
I don't get why people are trying to convince everyone it's against the ToS. We all KNOW it's against the ToS. It still doesn't matter one iota to me or most people if someone buys/sells meseta. There is an infinte amount to go around. What someone else does with their time and money is none of your, my, or anyone's concern other than the people upholding the ToS, ergo, it should not matter to you at all.

JarinKail
Feb 25, 2008, 11:33 PM
On 2008-02-25 16:48, superdood22 wrote:
Imma give you my honest opinion, if 99mill was being sold for 2 dollars and some cents best believe my ass would be first on the list for 5 orders. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-02-25 16:50 ]</font>

And I will second that. $2 isn't shit and max meseta would last longer and grant far more enjoyment than half a latte from Starbucks or one Diet Rockstar.

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 25, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell meseta....

Will Sega take legal actions?
No.

Will they ban you?
Probably not.

Do I care if you buy it?
Hell naw. You're money, your life, whatever.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 26, 2008, 01:55 AM
200 bucks is nothing. I seen WOW accounts being sold on ebay for a $1000 for capped characters with certain armor or weapons. I would never buy it. But some people take ORPG's waaaay to seriously.

SJW89
Feb 26, 2008, 04:26 PM
On 2008-02-25 22:55, D1ABOLIK wrote:
200 bucks is nothing. I seen WOW accounts being sold on ebay for a $1000 for capped characters with certain armor or weapons. I would never buy it. But some people take ORPG's waaaay to seriously.

Think about ZtNoLuck, he only spent $3000 on PSU back in the day.