PDA

View Full Version : Strange idea maybe but..

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 01:22 AM
well, how about the some of the current bosses could interfere doing their mission?

Like when letīs say you are doing Plains Overlord.

From time to time, it could just fly over the sky and it passes through where you are..it could use itīs fire breath as it flies to try to hit you and then it just travels off somewhere else..maybe back or maybe it just feels like landing on the open place you are and try to ram you or something.
Making you try to fend it off by doing enough dmg.

After that, it will either reapper later or it wonīt.

Sometimes on those missions..it might not appear at all at the stage.

Now i donīt know if this idea has been thought of before but i feel like it could be a fun thing.

Chaobo99
Feb 26, 2008, 01:25 AM
Ive thought of this before. Its interesting but that's sorta to a sense what happens when the boss fight scenematic happens.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 26, 2008, 02:02 AM
anything that could add a little spice without breaking the game is ok by me.

Phantomface
Feb 26, 2008, 02:21 AM
please tell me you know someone at sega

Chuck_Norris
Feb 26, 2008, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. But we all know Sonic Team is too lazy to change the game so much. >_>

Jainsea
Feb 26, 2008, 02:58 AM
I think that be a good idea, and also be funny too. I think we all know
people that make AFK Partys. When they come back they be like wtfhappenedI'mdead?! Good idea, I agree with Gunslinger-08
as well.

Ithildin
Feb 26, 2008, 05:55 AM
Very interesting idea indeed. I think it would help take away the monotony of de ragan runs (or any other boss run for that matter).

blackeye08
Feb 26, 2008, 06:07 AM
This sounds cool but for me it would be more of a hassle to just run through missions. I'm the kind of person who doesn't enjoy playing a mission for hours.

Kanore
Feb 26, 2008, 06:13 AM
On 2008-02-26 03:07, blackeye08 wrote:
This sounds cool but for me it would be more of a hassle to just run through missions. I'm the kind of person who doesn't enjoy playing a mission for hours.

If a random, intermittent flyby delays your run for about 50 minutes or more I think you deserve it.

SStrikerR
Feb 26, 2008, 07:22 AM
Ahhh, you made me think of Krauser in RE4 lol.

Yeah, just think about the Ice mission where de rol le could come out of one of those ice pits and use his frozen beam when you arent expecting it XD.
If SEGA wasnt so lazy this would be a great update that would get me to run different missions..just for seeing the bosses come at some point or other, and fooling around.

(Wouldnt it be funny to hide in a safe spot in plains overlord with de ragan trying to ram you and whatnot, but not ever touching you? You'd have time to ready a JA jabroga.)

amtalx
Feb 26, 2008, 07:24 AM
Seems interesting, as long as I can shoot at it or something. I'm not real fond of some dragon coming in from nowhere and setting me on fire without the option for retaliation.

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 09:10 AM
On 2008-02-26 04:22, Ryan113 wrote:
Ahhh, you made me think of Krauser in RE4 lol.

Yeah, just think about the Ice mission where de rol le could come out of one of those ice pits and use his frozen beam when you arent expecting it XD.
If SEGA wasnt so lazy this would be a great update that would get me to run different missions..just for seeing the bosses come at some point or other, and fooling around.

(Wouldnt it be funny to hide in a safe spot in plains overlord with de ragan trying to ram you and whatnot, but not ever touching you? You'd have time to ready a JA jabroga.)

Hah, he would probably figure out a way to hurt you somehow ;P.

And if you are in those small caves..be prepared for his charged flamebreath that comes through the entire cave if you hide there too long..unless he decided to just ignore you and fly away again...haha.

Mysterious-G
Feb 26, 2008, 09:18 AM
Well, if this would be all over at the same position, though... No ty.
And if it was random... People would propably moan that there is no reward. *shrugs*
Nice gag, but not more.

Sylpheed
Feb 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
I can see it now, Maggas Maghana smashing through one of the many walls in DG then raping the entire party with a barrage of unavoidable missiles....fun.

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 09:49 AM
On 2008-02-26 06:46, Sylpheed wrote:
I can see it now, Maggas Maghana smashing through one of the many walls in DG then raping the entire party with a barrage of unavoidable missiles....fun.

Lol, i just thought of that.
That would be a hilarious thing.

Then he could just run away. XD

Reipard
Feb 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
I think some more passive elements to the missions would be great. Even if it's just something like De Ragan passing overhead and roaring when the final gate unlocks, I think it could add a lot to the game.

That and randomized weather/time (IE- one run the mission is at night, the next it's raining, so on).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-02-26 06:56 ]</font>

darkante
Feb 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
On 2008-02-26 06:56, Reipard wrote:
I think some more passive elements to the missions would be great. Even if it's just something like De Ragan passing overhead and roaring when the final gate unlocks, I think it could add a lot to the game.

That and randomized weather/time (IE- one run the mission is at night, the next it's raining, so on).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-02-26 06:56 ]</font>

OMG RANDOMIZED WEATHER?

Thatīs is a brilliant idea! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
That would alot of variety also.

ST GIB THAT IF YA AINT GONNA GIB BOSS INTEREFERENCE!
YOU LAZY SCHMUCKS!

DEM_CIG
Feb 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
Interesting but i dont think it would work...

Apone
Feb 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
I also think random weather would be freakin' awesome!

Gunslinger-08
Feb 26, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-02-26 08:56, Apone wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I am in total agreement!

Kylie
Feb 26, 2008, 01:03 PM
Isn't that what Monster Hunter is? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But, seriously, it's not a terrible idea. I think having the bosses behave so interactively was what made MH an enjoyable game, and anything to make PSU less straight-forward would be great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-26 11:07 ]</font>

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 26, 2008, 02:05 PM
Extra randomness: if the boss's attack hurt mobs, too. Imagine if Alterazgoug tried to ambush you and some clever dodging on your part caused him to kill the mob you were busy slaying for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 02:53 PM
Heh, that was one of the cooler parts of Monster Hunter. The difference there though, is that if a rathian or whatever is interfering with your quest, you could choose to run and continue the quest or just go ahead and slay it so it won't bother you again (and you get to carve it!).

In PSU though, I can just imagine a de ragan whooping down with some firebreath to hit any (non-dodging) players and fodder monster, with a ranger shooting at it during the flyby. The damage done to the dragon during these flybys would count against it during the actual boss fight too.

And since somebody brought up the entrance cinematic, they really should ditch the cutscene bullshit already and have the dragon fly down in real time. And have it DIE in real time too. Remember in PSO how the dragon could crush you when it died? Put the same shit here. It'd be more interesting, and a LOT more professional than just having the screen turn black and then showing the death in the same exact spot every time. Death animation cutsccenes are SOOOOOO Playstation 1.

Xefi
Feb 26, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-02-26 09:12, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

On 2008-02-26 08:56, Apone wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I am in total agreement!

count me in for this one as well. If they have random weather effects, my experience in this game would be more satisfying.

Heavy rain with lightning and thunder. *drool* XD

Anduril
Feb 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
I would also be cool if the randomized weather would ahve some effect on the enemies, like a miserably hot weather sequence would up buff Fire enemies, or rain would debuff them.

Noblewine
Feb 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
It sounds interesting. I kinda wish Sega would add those kinda ideas regardless of a couple of surprises on a couple of missions.

ThEoRy
Feb 26, 2008, 07:05 PM
If it involves doing more than doing a simple Re-skin you can 4get it. It's out of the question.

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
On 2008-02-26 16:05, ThEoRy wrote:
If it involves doing more than doing a simple Re-skin you can 4get it. It's out of the question.

If AoI's current track record with bosses are any indication, yeah. >_< We can dream, though!

Randomness
Feb 26, 2008, 07:17 PM
Simple flybys would only require an animated layer in the sky, and sound effect triggers. The issue would be PS2, of course.

RemiusTA
Feb 26, 2008, 07:40 PM
On 2008-02-25 23:35, Chuck_Norris wrote:
Sounds like a good idea to me. But we all know Sonic Team is too lazy to change the game so much. >_>

Or we all know that they cant. That wouldnt work with the way that boss is setup. Not only would it NOT work on PS2 (it would completely rape the memory supply to have the dragon loaded alongside the stage and everything else that already causes it to suffer), but it would require something along the lines of a complete AI revamp for the dragon.

Something like this is a great idea, but seriously, its a bit unrealistic for the way this game functions. This idea would cause Sync issues out the ass.

Automated weather is something else, though, and could definately work. If not having it change through real-time, at least having the stage go from Sunny to Cloudy to Raining at the final block would be the tiny boost of suspense and difference in the stage to give it what the Orginal Sonic Team tried so hard to do in PSO. (and damn near perfected by Episode 4.)

Seriously, the only thing this game is lacking is presentation in my case. The reason PSO music rarely got annoying isnt really because of the Transitions, its just that it was high quality music. (along the lines of what Yoko Shimomoura did for the KH series.) PSU has medium quality music, and almost no tracks worth even remembering. (Aside from the final boss track and the ending themesong, which was the ONLY track on this game that used PSO style music composition.

I sware, all Sonic Team needs to do is put this awesome Variable System they have going on in PSU to work and allow the leaders to change the music tracks on most of the missions. (they can already alter the attributes of any item in the game serverside, and im positive that includes the BGM) Throw that in with environmental changes in the stages, and BOOM you've just increased the presentation and hooking ability of this game by at least 60%.

Another presentation change should DEFINATELY be Camera Changes. The thing that makes the Falkis fight fun the most for me is the fact that it has awesome camera angles. Hell, it even pans out when he does his ultimate attack. The Camera is such a huge improvement over that shit PSO had, and they should use it much more than they should. On missions like Gallons Trechery where the missions had set programmed camera angles were so awesome.

I think a neat Event idea would be missions that allow you to fight 2 bosses at the SAME time. I mean, imagine the difficulty of fighting De Ragnus and Onma at the same time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-26 16:51 ]</font>

JuliaJunku
Feb 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sounds a bit like something from Monster Hunter. Now all we need to do is just do away with the boss' little zone, and make you chase him around all over the place to kill him.

Randomness
Feb 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
As I said, you don't NEED a 3-D model for a simple flyby. You just add an animated layer to the sky, to make it LOOK like theres a model there.

Mikura
Feb 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
It would never happen but the boss interruptions during a mission is a great idea. It would definitely make things MUCH more interesting. Hell, make it a rare map variant to have the boss during the mission and to give the players an extra treat, you could fight the boss away and when it leaves, there would be a chance it'd drop a rare in its wake. That way there would actually be a tangible reward from getting the boss rather than just having it for fun.

The weather effects on the other hand, ST could certainly add those to the game and that alone would be a huge improvement in PSU's presentation and at least make it feel a bit more realistic. Most MMORPG's have real time day/night and weather effects and I obviously wouldn't expect PSU to go that far but having different effects each time you started a mission or from block to block as you progress would add some much needed atmosphere to PSU.

Again, these are just pipe dreams and probably won't become reality, but they are good ideas.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 09:11 PM
Another presentation change should DEFINATELY be Camera Changes. The thing that makes the Falkis fight fun the most for me is the fact that it has awesome camera angles. Hell, it even pans out when he does his ultimate attack. The Camera is such a huge improvement over that shit PSO had, and they should use it much more than they should. On missions like Gallons Trechery where the missions had set programmed camera angles were so awesome.

I think a neat Event idea would be missions that allow you to fight 2 bosses at the SAME time. I mean, imagine the difficulty of fighting De Ragnus and Onma at the same time?

I really hate cinematic-style camera changes. When Fakis has that meteor goin', there is no way to dodge it so while Sonic Team may want me to just gawk at my impending doom like a slack-jawed moron, I just wanna keep my offense up or use a sol atomizer on some poor bastard that got paralyzed by a small meteor! But that camera change makes it next to impossible to run to anyone's aid. THANKFULLY, it's still not THAT hard to keep up a grenade assault and still do damage.

chaostroop3
Feb 26, 2008, 11:45 PM
randomized.... bosses omg......ALSOME!... hope the de ragon dosent like water XD

Sexy_Raine
Feb 27, 2008, 12:11 AM
This would be pretty interesting. I would also like a day/night effect in our missions too.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 27, 2008, 12:15 AM
On 2008-02-26 21:11, Sexy_Raine wrote:
This would be pretty interesting. I would also like a day/night effect in our missions too.

So if the sun goes down when we go from block 1 to the boss, different parties doing the same mission in different amounts of time could really confuse the hell out of the sun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sexy_Raine
Feb 27, 2008, 12:17 AM
The PSU enviroment could use the 24hrs system as a whole for day/night changes then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 27, 2008, 12:19 AM
On 2008-02-26 21:17, Sexy_Raine wrote:
The PSU enviroment could use the 24hrs system as a whole for day/night changes then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That works! I'd just hope the planets had different cycles...

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 27, 2008, 10:24 AM
Actually, that'd be a cool idea if they used that 24 hours thing. I'm doing Moonlight Beast in search for a Zanshu, and I'm getting a bit bored with the whole.... moonlight. >.>
Doing it in the day might add a new change of pace. Or doing Ragan in the night.

danny_o
Feb 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
Dem junks sounds like Monster Hunter! Oh, how I miss that game...

SStrikerR
Feb 27, 2008, 08:45 PM
On 2008-02-27 07:24, Shiroryuu wrote:
Actually, that'd be a cool idea if they used that 24 hours thing. I'm doing Moonlight Beast in search for a Zanshu, and I'm getting a bit bored with the whole.... moonlight. >.>
Doing it in the day might add a new change of pace. Or doing Ragan in the night.

Sunlight Beast eh?

ZeroNova
Feb 27, 2008, 09:48 PM
Sounds like Monster Hunter
*Rathalos flying around*

JuliaJunku
Feb 27, 2008, 10:32 PM
Speaking of Monster Hunter... ST needs to take a lesson on Monster/Boss design from Monster Hunter.

I wanna fight an Aka in PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yuufa-san
Feb 28, 2008, 03:59 PM
Interesting idea! It's sounds funny but as we know the SEGA team, it will be probably too decayed to turn up the play once again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif' Also it would be difficult to program it, I think (sorry for my bad english... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif').