PDA

View Full Version : Hunting [B] Agito Repca- Any Advice?

Neith
Feb 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
I've recently been spending most of my online time in HIVE, hunting the board for Agito Repca, for my Beast fF. I'm now upto 162 True Darkness S2 runs, and around 15 Dark Satellite S2 runs, with no board (8 Edges though.)

I've heard a lot of people with conflicting opinions on which is the best mission to hunt this board in.

Dark Satellite S2
+ Lots of Monsters (125 or so?)
+ Soloable for S-Rank
- Takes a long time to solo
- Last room is a pain for a Fortefighter (Buffed Carriguine and Gaozoran spawns)
- Dark Satellite tends to have a lot of Gaozorans, which are my biggest problem in Hive, especially in spawns of 3. I have a Freeze / Resist, but they just take ages to kill, and deplete my mates pretty quick if they're in a group.

SEED Awakened S2
+ Again, lots of monsters
+ Again, soloable for S-Rank
+ Nice boss rares
- Takes as long, or even longer than Dark Satellite
- Again, loads of Gaozorans
- Entire Block 4 is buffed enemies
- Both phases of Dulk Fakis

True Darkness S2
+ Very fast (15 mins or less a run). This makes it spammable.
+ Nice boss rares
+ Only fight one phase of Dulk Fakis
+ Only a handful of Gaozorans
- Only 42~ enemies a run
- Not S-Rankable solo

True Darkness seems to have more advantages but I can't help thinking it's a waste of time for 40-odd enemies a run in 15 mins, when I can get 125 in 30-35. The problem is that with Dark Satellite, I find myself abandoning a lot of maps because of large numbers of Jusnagun or Gaozoran.

Does anyone have any idea of:
- which mission is the best to hunt it in?
- Any ways I can get past Gaozoran spawns faster as a Beast fF? At the moment, I've been using either Dus Majarra on multiples, or Renzan Seidan-ga with a Fuka-Misaki (for the Freeze SE- they move around too much otherwise).

Thanks for any help.

DEM_CIG
Feb 26, 2008, 07:09 PM
Here is some advice... GL, hope u find it...

pikachief
Feb 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
I've been told by a handful of people with multiple agito repcas that true darkness is the worst of the 3 and that they've never found one there, only in dark satellite and Seed awakened.

Crazy_Hunter
Feb 26, 2008, 07:25 PM
On 2008-02-26 16:11, pikachief wrote:
I've been told by a handful of people with multiple agito repcas that true darkness is the worst of the 3 and that they've never found one there, only in dark satellite and Seed awakened.

I found 1 in True Darkness.. after that I've never found another one... not even a friggin edge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiryuu
Feb 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
Why are you fighting the boss to begin with? That just wastes time. :/

Also, don't fight minibosses (carriguine, etc), there is practically no chance of area drops dropping from them.

Neith
Feb 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
On 2008-02-26 17:05, Shiryuu wrote:
Why are you fighting the boss to begin with? That just wastes time. :/

Well, for True Darkness, the boss dies very quickly, and has decent drops that sell for a moderate amount.

So, Dark Satellite without the final block would be a good idea?

Eleina
Feb 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
Spam true darkness by doing the following :
-Cancel on sight of jusnaguns
-Cancel after killing the 3 mobs in front of the gao in the last room
By doing this you'll be killing the maximum amount of enemys per hour which is your goal

CelestialBlade
Feb 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
Statistically, True Darkness should be the best. The lower amount of Gaozorans is nice too.

I'm not really buying that any of the HIVE missions have a better or worse drop rate on the board than any of the others, so I'd keep up the TD S2 runs. Good luck.

Shiryuu
Feb 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
On 2008-02-26 17:11, UrikoBB3 wrote:

So, Dark Satellite without the final block would be a good idea?

If you can kill the big monsters fast enough, then yes.

Otherwise TD like Eleina said is the best way.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2008, 08:49 PM
I got my board at True Darkness while helping a friend look for a Tesbra. First run of the day.

Now I need those damn Agito Edges. ;_;

Novemb3rRain
Feb 26, 2008, 08:53 PM
Well, with the increase in boss box drops for the normal PSU missions, I'd have to say my personal opinion goes to True Darkness. Hey, good rares from Fakis plus the chance at a repca board along the way.

ne1first
Feb 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
I have found a board in True Darkness. Ironically, it was off a Gaozoran. Board was deleted by rollback so my advice is dont hunt it on Fridays.

Phantomface
Feb 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
I found 4 repcas with a friend running dark satellite over the course of 2 days, so I'd check there. run with a few people you know who will fork you the repca if it drops

DarthLasek
Feb 26, 2008, 11:58 PM
im up over 1300 S2 runs for dakr satellite S2 buddy..only saw 1 drop...and some a-hole that joined in B3 got it 1 minute after he joined....I WAS SOLOING >_<...that ahole WAS a friend...he sold it when he said he wanted it

DarthLasek
Feb 26, 2008, 11:58 PM
im up over 1300 S2 runs for dakr satellite S2 buddy..only saw 1 drop...and some a-hole that joined in B3 got it 1 minute after he joined....I WAS SOLOING >_<...that ahole WAS a friend...he sold it when he said he wanted it

dc534
Feb 27, 2008, 02:02 AM
I personally do this and yes I have found one at true dark none the less but this was after finding all the agito edeges, took a long time to get all of them and even longer for the board. But I personally only look for the map with gaos on it since for 1 the gao board goes for more than skela and gizah-zashi board 2 a protranser with virus g and then freeze ex gets me through that mission in no time at all and I only use 1 healing item but like 12000 in traps, thats the only downside is the money I spend on traps but I really dont care because the boss boxes seem to always repay me and more after 10 missions or so.

El_Lapucha
Feb 27, 2008, 10:30 AM
I found my Agito Repca by:
Dark Satellite S2
I restart once I get to a large monster because time-wise it's not worth it to kill them to get the agito. So yes I play for about 3 minutes in the mission then restart when I see dilnazen, seed, or jusnagun. And it worked. I got my Agito off like the 4th monster in one of my runs.

Katy
Feb 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
I found 2 boards in 11 runs at Dark Satellite S2. Its easy to solo if you use the right PA's. I usually get around 20-25 min runs on a Heavy Gao map and my Majarra is at lvl 18 so no I don't really use that PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katy on 2008-02-27 07:55 ]</font>