PDA

View Full Version : photon:in all weapons or some?

The_Gio
Feb 26, 2008, 11:46 PM
alright so my friend and I have noticed that all of PSU's weapons include some sort of photon included and we know the game's story to why,but what I want is to know how many of you like this or want some real weapons in the game , by real I mean steel blade swords

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-02-26 20:47 ]</font>

chaostroop3
Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 PM
yaa real wepons!....... btw sange is real.... besides the hilt

Chuck_Norris
Feb 26, 2008, 11:56 PM
As much as they'd be cool looking. The whole photon thing makes more sense. I mean, a real steal blade would not be effective in battle when you have spellcasting monsters, meteor throwing sepiroth rip offs, and some other 3rd thing coming at you.

NPCMook
Feb 26, 2008, 11:57 PM
What no option for just "No?"

The_Gio
Feb 27, 2008, 12:00 AM
thats what "no photon?" is for. Meaning I can't imagine weapons without photon.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 27, 2008, 12:11 AM
The photon makes sense (kinda...they ruined it by having resistance to melee, bullets an techs even though that's all the same photon shit), but I am getting really sick of the neon lights. There's already sophisticated enough technology to have photon weapons resembling archaic physical ones, and I would certainly like to see more of them.

And, I wonder what would happen if they tried to introduce certain physical weapons like armor-piercing cannons and actual bladed swords...(besides needing to reload and/or repair)...

Chuck_Norris
Feb 27, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-02-26 21:11, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
The photon makes sense (kinda...they ruined it by having resistance to melee, bullets an techs even though that's all the same photon shit), but I am getting really sick of the neon lights. There's already sophisticated enough technology to have photon weapons resembling archaic physical ones, and I would certainly like to see more of them.

And, I wonder what would happen if they tried to introduce certain physical weapons like armor-piercing cannons and actual bladed swords...(besides needing to reload and/or repair)...

Well, there's at least one weapon that does that.
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2887/sange/

Even though it's just a port from PSO :/

Atropos
Feb 27, 2008, 02:37 AM
i dont think it would fit with the back story of PSU very much. plus part of being a guardian is your ability to manipulate photons, like a Jedi with the Force. so there isnt a point to haveing a Guardian's wepon not being Photon based imo.

seph_monkey
Feb 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
like i always say gio i miss my yasinmakov's (i hope its spelled right) heh heh yea-ha right on

DEM_CIG
Feb 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
Does it really matter... if there real or not, if there where no photons would u be able to use photon arts ?

RemiusTA
Feb 27, 2008, 06:06 PM
Tiga De Ragan has one photon blade and one metal one.

You know what would be nice? If most S ranks had their own photon effx (like colors OTHER than the usual fuzz) and a set element, and the Kubara knockoffs allow you to make them with the norm photon effects.

Kind of like Crimson and Crimsic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-27 15:07 ]</font>

NPCMook
Feb 27, 2008, 06:58 PM
On 2008-02-26 21:00, The_Gio wrote:
thats what "no photon?" is for. Meaning I can't imagine weapons without photon.

I meant just an option for "No"

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 27, 2008, 08:24 PM
I am also sick of neon lights. If I wanna roleplay a russian teen with a glowstick, I'll play Jedi Academy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SStrikerR
Feb 27, 2008, 08:36 PM
On 2008-02-27 14:54, seph_monkey wrote:
like i always say gio i miss my yasinmakov's (i hope its spelled right) heh heh yea-ha right on

yasminkov.
And uh...I'd like a few non-photon weapons, such as the J-Sword.
(As long as it was as rare as the agito repca and people didnt figure out how to hack it >_>)

Garanz-Baranz
Feb 27, 2008, 10:40 PM
Delving to non-photonic weaponry is kinda outside the relm of Psu posibility.

Considering that ALL weapons have Photon Power/Points[PP], having a NON-photonic Weapon would include a 0 on the PP stat, thus eliminating the Photon Art applications all togeather.

Guns currently have 7 real-ish parts already, The 3 Tenora A-grade Handguns, as with Twins, and then the Mizurakihoh, all of these weapons fire a solid bullet, though it's photon charged. those are our closest Real Weapons as of now.

The Agito Repca is a Real-ish one, but not entirely, due to the photon blade.

<.< due to the PP stat, "Real" weapons are either imposible, or more usless then 1*s. The only way non-photonic weapons will be useful is if they had a MASSIVE ATP and ATA stat to compensate for the lack of PP.