PDA

View Full Version : Online: Which do you prefer? Wartecher or Acrotecher

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 27, 2008, 01:46 AM
My main character is a lvl 90 beast fortefighterlvl 15.

I made a female beast and im in the process of making her a wartecher lvl 3 hunter and level 3 force as of right now...

My friend reccomended i should make her a acrotecher.....kinda confused now....

the reason why i liked wartechers was becuase all the striking weapons a WT can use, i use on my FF mostly S ranks of course..... plus i like how u can use the bow which was the second reason why i choose it. Then there is the whip... Now she cant use whips yet but i still like how you use it.

Acrotechers dont use bows.....nor 2 handed striking.....atleast to me knowledge. all i saw was saber,dagger, and whips. How ever i like that they can use twin hand guns...

From what i said i liked, what do you think i should do???

What are pros and cons of the two classes????
Also which is better if you wanna solo missions like True Darkness

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-27 05:52 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Feb 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
Biggest factor for deciding, do you like to play support? If you do, go acrotecher.

Kion
Feb 27, 2008, 01:54 AM
Acrotecher is primarily a support class. It's mostly party support/healing with long range techs. It also has single handed short range weapons for the occasional meleeing.

Wartecher is a balance between melee and teching. if you prefer two handed weapons; then pick this. it's for short ranged attacks combined with tech support. It may be the better choice for a beast character with higher atp then tp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-02-27 10:02 ]</font>

Danger_Girl
Feb 27, 2008, 02:07 AM
You can always try both. But based on what you said, sounds to me like you would be happier as a wartecher. My personal preference is Wartecher, but I do occasionally play Acrotecher as well. I wouldn't really compare the two, since I play them entirely differently.

Tita
Feb 27, 2008, 02:19 AM
if you want to solo, go WT.
having a bow for long range combat is a definite solo-plus.

i don't recommend going AT right off, as their main source of power comes from speed and having super tough buffs, which take quite a while to level. I say go WT, level up your choice of techs as WT, and later on, if you want to try AT, the transition will be a lot easier.

Zorafim
Feb 27, 2008, 02:25 AM
If you want to focus on teching, go acrotecher. If you want to focus on meleeing, go wartecher. Your decision is as simple as that.
what does this have to do with 360?

blackeye08
Feb 27, 2008, 02:26 AM
IF you're comparing by attack weapons go wartecher because there are too many acrotechers who suck at support or just don't try.

dc534
Feb 27, 2008, 02:37 AM
1st wartecher, well your defense is so crazy and you can heal yourself so you wont be dying very much as wartecher. Plus they get very quick very accurate weapons to make up for their crappy accuracy. They could use a boost in power but they do alright. SIngle weapons used to be our speciality since they only have two parts and wartecher used to only have lvl 20 skills. Know they are 30 and we get all parts to all the two handed weopons, making them efficient killers. Just because you only have 20 support reverser, g resta and maybe an accuracy debuff will be helpful since you will be frontlines anyways, you are more a fighter. Now I am not saying dont lvl the basic techs such as diga but really ra-techs and gi-techs will be your damage dealers, again you will be in mobs so go ahead and spam them gi-techs because not many fortetechers can without dying, your defense allows you to take alot of damage.

One last note lvl gi-techs. One your evasion is so high you end up blocking and getting stopped in the middle of photon arts, which gets very annoying wasting pp on weps and not doing any damage. NOT with techs, they cannot be stopped therefore it makes it act almost like a me quick or har quick when you block. YOu will cast as you block so the more you block the faster you actually will cast as a wartecher. Gi-techs hit alot of enemies, I would start with, well any of them might as well do them all because dam-techs belong more on a rod but get dambarta if any.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 27, 2008, 02:39 AM
Wartecher: Weaker fF with buff items that take up weapon palette spots and Resta.
Acrotecher: Decent backup melee, decent ranged ability, and best support in the game.

Unless you can't live without your heavy melee weapons, AT is the obvious choice.

Zorafim
Feb 27, 2008, 02:42 AM
On 2008-02-26 23:39, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Wartecher: Weaker fF with buff items that take up weapon palette spots and Resta.
Acrotecher: Decent backup melee, decent ranged ability, and best support in the game.

Unless you can't live without your heavy melee weapons, AT is the obvious choice.

I'm sorry, this is just a terrible argument... I don't mind what you're saying, it's just... Can't you clarify a bit? Add reasoning? If you're going to claim to have a strong conclusion, you really need a stronger basis than that.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 27, 2008, 02:45 AM
This is all interesting.
I dont think i want to be the "Backbone" of the party. Like if everyone dies...it would be my fault... yea im gonna go wit WT since i can still do my FF fighting styles but wit a twist ^_^

Sasamichan
Feb 27, 2008, 02:49 AM
On 2008-02-26 23:45, Charger89 wrote:
This is all interesting.
I dont think i want to be the "Backbone" of the party. Like if everyone dies...it would be my fault... yea im gonna go wit WT since i can still do my FF fighting styles but wit a twist ^_^

Its never the techer's fault if everone is dead. They should of used mates and carried some scapes.

Anyways, have fun with WT.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 27, 2008, 02:50 AM
I was gonna answer but this thread is only for XBox306 version http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 27, 2008, 02:52 AM
On 2008-02-26 23:42, Zorafim wrote:
I'm sorry, this is just a terrible argument... I don't mind what you're saying, it's just... Can't you clarify a bit? Add reasoning? If you're going to claim to have a strong conclusion, you really need a stronger basis than that.

K, I'll put it this way:

The only advantage WT has over AT is melee strength, and only because WT has access to heavier weaponry (and a higher ATP modifier, but duh). This is not to say that AT melee isn't good, because it is.

I'd explain more, but dead horse, etc.

dc534
Feb 27, 2008, 02:52 AM
People have not played these classes to know enough about them. Wartecher, yes gets fighter weapons however you will be using techs on mobs of enemies since you can hit entire mobs with gi-techs. The emphasis for this class is very strong defense. I break techer classes down like this fortetecher master of techs, is more of a range techer so basic techs and dam-techs because they are better on rods work well for them. Acrotecher should stick with ra-techs and should fight in that intermediate range. Wartecher is in the midst of battle surrounded by enemies and therefore gi-techs fit them perfectly. Your melee will outdamage techs in some circumstances, however lvl 30 techs is no joke especially with a me or har quick unit maybe a orpa-force now that they are so cheap. I am just saying there is more to wartecher than their melee weapons although they do have a pretty nice choice avaliable to them.

mvffin
Feb 27, 2008, 02:54 AM
WT - Kill stuff, and if somebody needs healing, maybe you heal them.
AT - Once everyone is healed and buffed, then try to kill things.

this is it basically. WT better for solo, AT better for parties(if you have buffs and heals leveled)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 27, 2008, 02:55 AM
On 2008-02-26 23:52, dc534 wrote:
THE TEX LOL

Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm not lol), but AT has higher TP than WT (and the innate speed boost), making them better at tech damage than WT.

Also, a WT's techs will never outdamage its melee (except maybe robots, but Majarra probably still wins).

Zorafim
Feb 27, 2008, 03:02 AM
On 2008-02-26 23:52, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
]K, I'll put it this way:

The only advantage WT has over AT is melee strength, and only because WT has access to heavier weaponry (and a higher ATP modifier, but duh). This is not to say that AT melee isn't good, because it is.

I'd explain more, but dead horse, etc.

Better. Sorry, it just irks me to see poor arguments after that one semester of Philosophy. I'd come up with a counter argument to say that WT can hold its own, but it's really not needed now.

Apathetic internet arguing FTW!

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 27, 2008, 03:19 AM
dc534 has god points with this. (everyone too) ^_^

however there was some techs in the Nos series that i liked. like Nosmegid,noszonde or something like that.
Who would be good for the Nos series.

Danger_Girl
Feb 27, 2008, 04:03 AM
Look at wartecher's teching ability this way: Take a level 120 newman female wartecher, and compare her TP with a newman female fortetecher 40 character levels below her (both job levels 15). You'll find that the fortetecher's TP is about the same as the wartecher's, even at 40 character levels lower. Add in the fact that this alt your talking about is a beast, and it's not hard to see your tech damage isn't going to be your strong suit. Frankly, all things being equal, a level 60 newman female fortetecher would be out-nuking you even if you were level 120.

icewyrm
Feb 27, 2008, 07:42 AM
From a "have fun" point of view I prefer wartecher. From a utility (IE, class not sucking) point of view, I feel acrotecher is superior in most respects.

Kylie
Feb 27, 2008, 12:17 PM
WT for a female beast (imo), but it all depends.

Do you like support (AT) or combat (WT)?

Based on that part you said about AT not having a wide selection of weapons, WT is definitely the better choice. AT only has LV20 skills and a less than appetizing selection for melee s ranks (other than whips, which I love).

FreeLancer
Feb 27, 2008, 12:42 PM
I play acrotecher with my human, mostly to have some power behind S-rank cards.

I don't play it like a techer though, i play it ranger-ish. barta and zonde on a dori are slower than a laser cannon, but have better stat chances. Machine gun(ice or maylee) across from ra- spells on a wand can hold a mob still for either jabroga or fT spells to finish them. And as for twin-pistols, nothing beats their flexibility.

Giresta and megistar are good for solo-ing.

DEM_CIG
Feb 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
GT FTW... i never used either acro or wartecher.

Sha Sha
Feb 27, 2008, 01:13 PM
I love Wartecher It mirrors and style of play i used in PSO with my fomar

JarinKail
Feb 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
Acrotecher. The 2 handed selection for a WT isn't enough to get me to give up the incredible versatility in the AT.

mvffin
Feb 27, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-02-27 09:42, FreeLancer wrote:
barta and zonde on a dori are slower than a laser cannon, but have better stat chances.

Um, I think you've got that backwards. Lasers get SE3, zonde and barta only get SE1. Lasers are also much slower than zonde/barta on a wand or t-mag.

Sekani
Feb 27, 2008, 01:41 PM
My wartecher can beat up your acrotecher.

31+ support is so ridiculously overrated.

DoubleJG
Feb 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
I love this thread... Simply because I love BOTH classes.

However, WT is still my favorite class hands down. (I know AT, your buffs make me blush, but they just don't get the job done for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

unicorn
Feb 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
On 2008-02-27 10:29, mvffin wrote:

On 2008-02-27 09:42, FreeLancer wrote:
barta and zonde on a dori are slower than a laser cannon, but have better stat chances.

Um, I think you've got that backwards. Lasers get SE3, zonde and barta only get SE1. Lasers are also much slower than zonde/barta on a wand or t-mag.

Barta and Zonde get SE 2 at 31.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 27, 2008, 03:38 PM
I don't use either one.

Teching..? Eww! Stay away!!

PALRAPPYS
Feb 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
Reasons I choose Acro over War:

-Faster Attacking Speed
-Faster End-Teching Speed
-S rank Madoogs (MUST HAVE!)
-S rank Cards (Cards=Fav wep. in game)
-S rank Saber (I <3 3000 DMG http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )
-S rank Dagger (Yeah, WT has it too, but I can't use daggers with a slower speed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif )
-S rank Whip (Vish Adac Stun FTW)

I could care less about not having S rank twin dagger, knuckles, twin claws, and an A rank spear for Spamajarra.

Yes, most people here have good arguments for WT too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I just prefer AT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

desturel
Feb 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
On 2008-02-27 12:34, super_luu wrote:
Barta and Zonde get SE 2 at 31.

Acrotecher and Wartecher don't have a level 31 tech option.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2008, 03:49 PM
On my main when ever I'm not fT, GT, fG or AF I pick AT over WT since it has better TP than WT, and I"m not too much of a Melee buff, so I pick AT because it still allows me to be a decent TECHer with some side Melee, as opposed to WT being Melee with side TECHing.

Dragwind
Feb 27, 2008, 04:39 PM
Try both and see how you like them. You can probably get a feel for aT a bit quicker since its a ton easier to get to 10 (which by then will have most of its decent stats)

At that point you could fool around with stuff, see if you like it.

If you don't, raise up WT and see how you like that. Both classes can be played multiple ways, and use different weaponry. Its all a matter of how you want to play imo. I personally play and enjoy both, but i'm more WT oriented.