PDA

View Full Version : Them 13*+ Rares there

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 04:41 AM
How do you think we'll get the majority of them? Other than the ones that are already available (The 14* Mags on the JP server and the Amure Tip on ours).

- Do you think they'll simply ad S3 missions (that would reek of lame).
- The S2 missions yet to be released will drop some.
- Events mostly

I was hoping for something like... elite missions, missions that are hard. Meant for high leveled/skilled players with rewards that backed up the difficulty of them.

Meh, knowing Sega we'll probably get the S3 missions or something gay like that =/ How do you guys think we'll get the 13*+ S ranks?

darkante
Feb 28, 2008, 04:45 AM
I have no idea, they have to make the 12 * weapon a little more common first you know.

I would guess the boss drop would yield 12 * weapons on S3 when it comes out.

13 * will take a while to speculate.

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 04:50 AM
(was a rant, now its empty =D )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-28 01:56 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Feb 28, 2008, 06:24 AM
I personally think at the rate were going, we'll never see them.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 28, 2008, 06:32 AM

I was hoping for something like... elite missions, missions that are hard. Meant for high leveled/skilled players with rewards that backed up the difficulty of them.

By that do you mean harder versions with higher lvl requirements? That sounds exactly like S3! O_O

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Mysterious-G
Feb 28, 2008, 08:00 AM
On 2008-02-28 03:24, Rayokarna wrote:
I personally think at the rate were going, we'll never see them.

So true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

amtalx
Feb 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
I don't know about you, but the lack of S3s reeks of lame. Every aspect of this game is a cakewalk now.

Dragon_Knight
Feb 28, 2008, 08:32 AM
Heck we STILL havn't gotten all the stuff from the orginal PSU disk....getting 15* stuff? Forget it. They MIGHT give it to us on the last day before PSU servers shutdown for good. but other then that....no..

Sir
Feb 28, 2008, 08:55 AM
Maybe add tricky puzzles to S2, that would be neat. or harder Guardian Branch missions that drop them.

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 28, 2008, 10:02 AM
We don't even have the a lot of the 12* stuff yet, and what's been released JP-side is all Kubara brand knockoffs or originals. I'm not even sure we're gonna get to see 13*'s at all.

That said, PSU needs an Ultimate mode about now. Badly. Even the S2's at this point are pretty easy.

The2dCour
Feb 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
On 2008-02-28 05:55, Sir wrote:
Maybe add tricky puzzles to S2, that would be neat. or harder Guardian Branch missions that drop them.

Puzzles? Puzzles? Adding puzzles to a mindless button mashing game? I can't wait!

pikachief
Feb 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
On 2008-02-28 01:41, Leahcim wrote:
How do you think we'll get the majority of them? Other than the ones that are already available (The 14* Mags on the JP server and the Amure Tip on ours).

Meh, knowing Sega we'll probably get the S3 missions or something gay like that =/ How do you guys think we'll get the 13*+ S ranks?

I can't see any other way of getting! De rol le S2 only has lvll 135+ the most we'll probably see is mother brain MAYBE 150-155+ enemies. and that'll drop 12*'s

So yes if u want them to be dropping in missions, u better hope for an S2 mission.

Andy1423
Feb 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
They should bring back Ultimate mode. Rooms packed with Dark Brigners and Jarbas- which all have a chance to drop 13* + items

easy
Feb 28, 2008, 12:04 PM
lets hack the game and get them all all talk no do come on

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-02-28 09:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-02-28 09:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-02-28 09:06 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hate to burst your proverbial bubble, but only 13* weapons seem to have data in the offline game and then not every weapon type has the 13* at that.

...I think.

It really points to another expansion in the future. However, keep in mind that Amure Tip is currently out.

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 02:28 PM
On 2008-02-28 03:32, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

By that do you mean harder versions with higher lvl requirements? That sounds exactly like S3! O_O

Love,
Fox Makenshi

No, not at all. Increasing enemy HP while keeping their tactics is nothing harder. You jut have to be lvl 130 or something to deal with their extra HP, and then its still the same fight again and again.

What I mean by harder missions are missions that actually require teamwork, or thinking. Not just "Purify native creatures!" or "Suppress Yatta Yatta Boss".

Unless S3 missions are SIGNIFICANTLY harder than S2 in terms of Enemy AI, I don't want to ever see them

Oh and Fuzzy, there's a difference between the data used as skins for online and offline weapons now? >_>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-28 11:30 ]</font>

DAMASCUS
Feb 28, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm a little suspicious that Caves of Ice and Serpent' S2s did NOT have any new drops, so what I'm imagining is that at some point they will start dropping more 12* enemy drops and some 13* boss drops at some point when all of the S2s for the new missions are out; but hopefully a little bit before then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RegulusHikari
Feb 28, 2008, 02:36 PM
On 2008-02-28 11:28, Leahcim wrote:
No, not at all. Increasing enemy HP while keeping their tactics is nothing harder. You jut have to be lvl 130 or something to deal with their extra HP, and then its still the same fight again and again.

What I mean by harder missions are missions that actually require teamwork, or thinking. Not just "Purify native creatures!" or "Suppress Yatta Yatta Boss".

Unless S3 missions are SIGNIFICANTLY harder than S2 in terms of Enemy AI, I don't want to ever see them

Oh and Fuzzy, there's a difference between the data used as skins for online and offline weapons now? >_>;

True. Why don't things like Vahras currently strafe backwards to avoid my melee attacks? Or stop and jump to the side occasionally to avoid bullets?

It isn't hard to make the game tougher, ST just doesn't want to do it.

Andy1423
Feb 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
I'm a little suspicious that Caves of Ice and Serpent' S2s did NOT have any new drops, so what I'm imagining is that at some point they will start dropping more 12* enemy drops and some 13* boss drops at some point when all of the S2s for the new missions are out; but hopefully a little bit before then

Good point. If they gave us an S2 rank with the same drops as the S rank, then is that not dooming the entire drop system. There eventually going to run out of missions. Unless they keep adding missions and or create an S3/Ultimate mode. Although Ultimate sounds way cooler http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

physic
Feb 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
the next tier of drops need level 150+ so mobs that are 150 will drop 11 stars, and boss boxes and possible rare mobs or area drops with chances of 12s or 13s but that will likely be as rare as a 11 star drops used to be. offline data has up to 15 stars and people havent found it allyet. So the likelyhood is, you wont be seeing many 13 stars till your fighting the tier past 150, which could be 200+ since im guessing we will cap at 200, that means at the very least, we wont be fighting mobs weaker than us for the highest level stuff, aaand likely the best stuff will be in zones fairly higher with the most difficult mobs.

but ehhh efff 13 stars, id rather see chalenge and endless nightmare and stuff like that.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
Not really. The graphics for the weapons simply do not exist, and since the PS2's lack of downloadable content is still the limiting factor, they likely cannot show up anywhere until we get another expansion or something.

TQS
Feb 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
At this rate will probably start to see 12*s by the end of this year but then again who knows. *sigh* is it noon yet? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
On 2008-02-28 11:44, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Not really. The graphics for the weapons simply do not exist, and since the PS2's lack of downloadable content is still the limiting factor, they likely cannot show up anywhere until we get another expansion or something.

Dammit, I'm REALLY not sure I wanna shell out another $40 for another expansion after how this one is turning out. >_<

RegulusHikari
Feb 28, 2008, 02:56 PM

Which is why I've been saying since day 1 (or close to) that putting this game on the PS2 was a bad move.

The population is small
The space limiting holds back the other platforms
The hardware simply cannot keep up with PSU. Fact.

Prepare yourselves...

A GAME SHOULD NOT PERFORM 50% BETTER WHEN THE MUSIC IS TURNED OFF.

That POS is what's holding back a lot of potential in this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2008-02-28 13:19 ]</font>

physic
Feb 28, 2008, 02:57 PM

uhhhh there are already level 14+ level items announced and shown in the data like 15 star elysion, 15 star rutsurod and 14 star dallgun rod. Annnnd since teh technique for finding weapons in psu data is data mining, and they hide all the data in wierd naming systems, data for weapins and whatnot are found semi randomly. Im fairly ccertain if there is 1 15 star sword and rod, then there are other 15 star items.

GuardianElite
Feb 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
He said some not all..

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 04:18 PM
You guys do know this game has data for missions up to rank S5, right?

But unless Sega starts to realize that choking their players for cash loses them cash, then they'll start to release them faster.

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
No lol that was only a set of C to S5 icons that were never used. I've seen the screen, the icons from C to S2 were never used, why should I assuming those Icons up to S5 mean anything then?

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
because it makes no sense that we will be playing S3 rank from lvl 140 to 200.

Like i always say, everything in this game engine is variable based. They can change pretty much anything serverside, including monster stats. (Nobody noticed that the PP regeneration is completely serverside? It was added to PSUv1 as soon as AotI came out and it didnt even have the animations for it.

The only excuse they have is that they havent yet tought up a way of balancing the items yet. As far as we know it Agito Replica is the strongest sword/weapon in the game, but they could release a sword later on with double the strength.

I DO wonder when we're getting them though.

Kira-TFF
Feb 28, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think that the missions they releace later will be generally harder... like Linear line S2 is nothing compared to the Dark Falz mission on S2 (the name escaped my mind for the time being). My guess is that by the time our characters reach lv200, S2 on the missions releaced at that time will have lv200 creatures (plus or minus some levels). Missions that are already at S2 are as hard as they will ever get. This is just my guess.

mvffin
Feb 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
well, the drop charts change to 11* for level 150 monsters, so it'll probably change to 12* at 200... so at level 250 monsters should drop 13* weps. 0.o

Darsh
Feb 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
I agree with fuzzy on this one. We are probably going to see another expansion of some sort. If not i think that the elite missions is a farely good hypothesis and that the stipulation may be a .... capped out level? O.o or mabey you just have to be lucky like runing into FOI. I hope not for the latter.