PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Knuckle skills

Marche
Feb 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm looking for the knuckle users out there.

what, in your opinion, is the best PA for knuckles?

pikachief
Feb 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
IKK HIKK is really hard to hit things with, idk i love the first ultimate fist PA but everyone i know says it sucks D:

Marche
Feb 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
On 2008-02-28 07:48, pikachief wrote:
IKK HIKK is really hard to hit things with, idk i love the first ultimate fist PA but everyone i know says it sucks D:

is that the FIST OF THE NORTH STAR one? ;o

whats it called?

I have 99 frags, so getting ones NBD

ashley50
Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
Bogga Danga
Bogga Robado
Bogga Zubba
Ikk Hikk

pikachief
Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
the second ult. the one tahts really strong but hard to hit, is the one that looks like your drunk.

thats only 30 frags i think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif or maybe 40....

RadiantLegend
Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
They are all good.

A good advice on ikk hikk, dont use the full combo unless you are a drunkard.

Marche
Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
On 2008-02-28 07:50, ashley50 wrote:
Bogga Danga
Bogga Robado
Bogga Zubba
Ikk Hikk

so, bogga danga's the best?

ashley50
Feb 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
They're all Good...

I never said anything that the top one is the best.
They're all good if you know how to use them effectively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-02-28 07:53 ]</font>

pikachief
Feb 28, 2008, 10:58 AM
On 2008-02-28 07:52, Marche wrote:

On 2008-02-28 07:50, ashley50 wrote:
Bogga Danga
Bogga Robado
Bogga Zubba
Ikk Hikk

so, bogga danga's the best?

Bogga Danga moves around alot but is very fun and quite strong.

Bogga Robado is easier to controll but the 2nd combo knocks them back and it sometimes hard to hit wiht the 3rd.

Bogga Zubba is also strong but its jsut one charged up hit so it takes a bit to get used to.

And IKK HIKK like said earlier is slow and hard to controll but it does the most attack out of the bunch.

stukasa
Feb 28, 2008, 11:20 AM
Zubba is great for crowd control because it knocks enemies up (or down, depending on the enemy), but it's only one combo.

Robado is great for fast single-target damage if you just spam the first combo over and over. Only use the second combo when you want to knock the enemies away.

I can't comment on Danga or Ikk Hikk but people say all the Knuckle PAs are good so you really can't go wrong. If you're looking to spend PA frags I'd recommend Robado first but that's just me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Fanin
Feb 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
Bogga Robado is probably what you can call the fist of northern star one.

If you want to see what they look like, youtube "psu knuckle" or use this link http://www.geocities.jp/pusu_jam/

MSAksion
Feb 28, 2008, 01:33 PM
Bogga Donga - a Boxing style Left right combination into an uppercut > into a backhand & roundhouse kick > a weird gymnastics smackdown.

Bogga Zubba - a forward rushing Straight Knuckle punch. Every enemy in a line is knocked up in the air. Only one hit and knockup is not guaranteed and takes long time to charge the booster rush.

bogga Robado - Turbo jab jab jab jab jab > uppercut > ROCKET FISTS that circle around you hitting all in a circle for huge damage. This is the best.

Ikk Hikk - the weird Drunken Fist. Powerful but so slow. If youre interrupted you deal zero damage to enemy.

daniel_drago
Feb 28, 2008, 01:41 PM
I don't understand how people dislike Ikk Hikk, YES IT'S SLOW, but my lord can anyone show me another PA thats got 125% ACC at lvl 21?

I love this move I very rarely use the entire combination, as the skill is quite difficult to JA with.

But still Ikk Hikk is very good. If you complain about this move well tough it's godly.

Ken_Silver
Feb 28, 2008, 01:41 PM
Heh, I'll mention this about Bogga Donga: It has great PP recovery if every move up to the roundhouse kick is JA. I never come close to running out PP with my knuckles with that move. I also haven't gotten out the last hit, so I don't know how that factors in. (Being a WT, I'm not sure if I can get the last hit.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But from what I can tell, Bogga Robado sounds good too. So I'd go with Donga first (if you like me don't like the boring process of PA frag farming) and then Robado (if you have the frags already.)

josher_09
Feb 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
ikk hik is slow but only gods know how to use the ikk hikk's true power!!!!!!! it does awesome damge

Kylie
Feb 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
Danga
Ikk hik
Robado
Zubba

In that order, but they're all good.

SolRiver
Feb 28, 2008, 02:27 PM
Nothing can rip apart numerous victims under the influence of freeze trap EX faster than bogga rabado. It is unbelievable.

To put it in perspective, think of it as a walking SUV that is harder to get all the hits in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-02-28 11:29 ]</font>

Starrz
Feb 28, 2008, 02:31 PM
Bogga Zubba
Ikk Hikk
Bogga Robado
Bogga Danga

In that order for regular knuckle users. For AF, Ikk Hikk is the best.

chibiLegolas
Feb 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
I only have Bogga Zubba to comment on.
Yes, it's a slow charge up, but nice for crowds where you wanna knock-up rather than knock-away. I thought this was pretty strong and also great for slow moving large targets.
This PA is also stuck on Tier 1 animation, so it's pretty straight forward and as you level it up, it'll only get stronger. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But beware, cause of the slow charge up, it'll give enemies apportunities to knock you out of it (if they send you knock-up/back/down). That's why I'd only recommend this for AF. Or just get use of timing this down with experience.

CelestialBlade
Feb 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
I haven't used Ikk Hikk, so I can't speak for it, but my favorites are Robado and Danga. Danga is solid all around and is easy to control, I consider Robado a bit better but it's 75 frags, depends on how dedicated you want to be with Knuckles.

But as everyone's said, hard to go wrong with Knuckle PAs.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 28, 2008, 03:14 PM
I prefer going Vahra bowling with Bogga Zubba, personally. I can't comment on the ultimate PAs though. Too busy getting ultimate bullets to bother with them.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
Bogga Danga = Fun, but pretty weak in comparison to other PAs of its type (multiple, fast hitting PAs)
Bogga Robado = Strong, good all around.
Bogga Zubba = Very strong, useful in almost any situation.
Ikk Hikk = Powerful but hard to use, leaves you open to attacks, and is really long.

I prefer Zubba and Robado.

hewitt
Feb 28, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ikk hik <3 lol I have it at about lvl 22 and its attack multiplier is 386%!!!!!!!!!! Im a NEWMAN WT and I still get 1k a hit on the first and last combo, the first combo has 4 hits on two targets each. the last combo has I think 4 hits and hits about 4 targets. when a newman wt can do that much damage u cant go wrong....XD

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 03:51 PM
I currently have both Store Bought ones to level 18. Ick hick doesn't interest me, but should I invest in the first Ult?

I have a good 80 PAfrags now.

Zorafim
Feb 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O2vC0ZEuFyA

I don't really like fists. I got them up to PA lv30, but I feel most other weapons had more to offer. It has unimpresive PP management, fairly akward animations, and fairly low damage. I will give to it the fact that it's great at managing enemies by knocking them around, so they can be use as supportive weapons. Anyway, here are my oppinions of each skill.

Danga is a pretty good defensive skill, though its damage is lacking. It's good at keeping a small group of enemies at bay. Its first couple of hits stuns the enemies in place (not like it matters anymore, since all PAs can do this now), while the next ones knock them down and blow them away. If there are still enemies around you, the final part moves you towards them to knock them away as well.
This is better for soloing, since you probably want to limit knockbacks in parties as much as possible. The damage also isn't impressive either, so you probably have better options.

I dislike Zubba. It was one of my most annoying skills to get to 30, up there with Bukuu for twin claws. Though its damage is probably higher than when I last used it, its windup leaves you vulnerable. Frankly, if you want a PA that stuns enemies, you probably have better options. The only time I see this being useful is against Kog Nadds, since they don't get knocked back for some reason. Even then, I don't see how you'll hit without being evade locked on their spikes.

Robado is my favorite fist skills, though I feel it's outdone in every way by Rensan. The first part is devisating in terms of damage against one enemy, while the second is good for keeping enemies stunned. The third can really tear enemies apart if all hits connect (which they probably won't). If I use fists, I use this PA.

I can't see any reason to use Hik Ikk. Twin weapons simply should not leave you that vulnerable. Its high damage modifier is also unimpresive, seeing how it's on a twin weapon anyway. I don't really see any reason to use this PA outside of pure damage, and even with that you have better options. It also doesn't seem to have the knuckle's strength of stunning enemies.

If you're going to use knuckles, I suggest Robado. Really, though, I feel that there's a reason they're so unpopular.

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
I dunno, Danga's second combo is like 100% stronger than the first, and its third is like 150%. JAing with those produces some huge numbers. Mines at like lv27, and its one of my most damage dealing PAs until i get Majarra today.

Leahcim
Feb 28, 2008, 04:07 PM
Danga Is underposered? O_o

Well... The I only started using KNux after a few good Synths:

50% Fire Kuabara Copy 8*, which I grinded to 8/10 so it is a very decent A rank Weapon
46% Ice Gudda Skela
50% Light Gudda Hon.

So, using those high Percent Knux, maybe I've been seeing them in a unnatural light compared to everyone else?

panzer_unit
Feb 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-02-28 12:53, Zorafim wrote:
I don't really like fists. I got them up to PA lv30, but I feel most other weapons had more to offer. It has unimpresive PP management, fairly akward animations, and fairly low damage.
Danga is a pretty good defensive skill, though its damage is lacking.
I dislike Zubba. It was one of my most annoying skills to get to 30, up there with Bukuu for twin claws. Though its damage is probably higher than when I last used it, its windup leaves you vulnerable.
Robado is my favorite fist skills, though I feel it's outdone in every way by Rensan. The first part is devisating in terms of damage against one enemy, while the second is good for keeping enemies stunned. The third can really tear enemies apart if all hits connect (which they probably won't)
I can't see any reason to use Hik Ikk. Twin weapons simply should not leave you that vulnerable.

Poor PP management? Seriously? Of the melee weapons I've used, Knuckle is pretty high on the list of weapons that can manage their PP... mostly PA's with hard hits to start, and the weapon regains 30+ points on a JA attack combo. You can spam Zubba or any 2-move PA combo infinitely if you're throwing normal attack chains around.

Bogga Danga gets stronger and stronger on the second and third moves. The first is typical stuff, the second is stronger and faster, the last hits almost as hard as Ikk Hikk... 3x2 @ 2800 for the last move of Danga vs 2x4 @ 2800 damage for the first move of Hikk.

Bogga Zubba's a great launch-only PA. It's got a bit of reach for striking monsters from just outside their attack range, more importantly you can fire off a normal combo and then JA Zubba just in time to flip them again before they get a chance to do anything. Not the fastest way to kill stuff, but decent... not to mention very safe and team-friendly.

Ikk Hikk does completely insane damage. If it wasn't completely situational, non-fighters would be crying very hard all over the board.

Robado is IMO the weakest knuckle skill overall... it's slow enough to be easily interrupted by anything the second and third moves won't knock out of range. On the other hand the first move is incredibly good for pounding on single targets and makes it totally worthwhile to learn despite problems later on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-28 13:49 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Feb 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'd say.

1)Bogga Robado
2)Ikk Hikk
3)Bogga Danga
4)Bogga Zubba.

Ken_Silver
Feb 28, 2008, 04:57 PM
You can fairly argue about which knuckle PA is good or not, but I have to admit: as a WT who also uses swords, spears and sabers, Knuckles have the best PP management. I constantly run out of PP with my spear and Majarra, but never with my knuckles and Danga.

Also, I never knew that Knuckles were not as "popular," then again, from what I can tell... if a weapon can't dish out a great deal of power/ big numbers, then it is not "popular." No matter, I just hope that the TC enjoys the benefits that Knuckles have to offer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragwind
Feb 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
There is no "best." They all serve different uses in battle. I'm a fan of Zubba though for the knockup.

Zorafim
Feb 28, 2008, 05:03 PM
On 2008-02-28 13:46, panzer_unit wrote:
[spoiler-box]Poor PP management? Seriously? Of the melee weapons I've used, Knuckle is pretty high on the list of weapons that can manage their PP... mostly PA's with hard hits to start, and the weapon regains 30+ points on a JA attack combo. You can spam Zubba or any 2-move PA combo infinitely if you're throwing normal attack chains around.

Bogga Danga gets stronger and stronger on the second and third moves. The first is typical stuff, the second is stronger and faster, the last hits almost as hard as Ikk Hikk... 3x2 @ 2800 for the last move of Danga vs 2x4 @ 2800 damage for the first move of Hikk.

Bogga Zubba's a great launch-only PA. It's got a bit of reach for striking monsters from just outside their attack range, more importantly you can fire off a normal combo and then JA Zubba just in time to flip them again before they get a chance to do anything. Not the fastest way to kill stuff, but decent... not to mention very safe and team-friendly.

Ikk Hikk does completely insane damage. If it wasn't completely situational, non-fighters would be crying very hard all over the board.

Robado is IMO the weakest knuckle skill overall... it's slow enough to be easily interrupted by anything the second and third moves won't knock out of range. On the other hand the first move is incredibly good for pounding on single targets and makes it totally worthwhile to learn despite problems later on.[/spoiler-box]

You basically repeated what I said, replacing good with bad and vice versa. If you're going to critique what I said, please point out what you don't agree with.

That being said, my post was based on pre-AoI experience. Fists are nice to recover, because both of how quick the combo is to JA and how much is recovered. Not the best, but it's easy to keep going with them.
How much they use PP, however, is a concern. I can only think of twin and single saber that burn up more PP, maybe sword as well. While you could say that it recovers PP easily, you must also take into consideration that every second spent recovering PP is a second you aren't using a PA. Because of this, I find an unload and drop method more useful than a use and recover method in terms of managing PP.

Also, don't confuse large numbers with high damage. Take into consideration how likely it is to hit with it, and how many times it hits. You aren't very likely to hit with both hits of the last part of danga, for example. It's often more efficiant most of the time to just stop and switch to another target. The situationalism of Hik Ikk also takes away a large number of points from it. What would you use it against? Easy to kill small enemies? Dangerous large enemies? I can only imagine using it against bosses, where large weapons shine anyway.

desturel
Feb 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-02-28 13:46, panzer_unit wrote:

I'd like to back up the Zubba is extremely safe. I ran White Beast S solo as an acrofighter using only Zubba with a pair of 30% Dark Gudda Gant (just one). Made it through the entire mission on 2 trimates (well, my 450 had a lot to do with that, but that's beside the point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ).

Zubba puts them on their backs and keeps them on their backs. Just attack recovers enough PP to keep doing the move over and over before anything can get back up.

panzer_unit
Feb 28, 2008, 05:38 PM
On 2008-02-28 14:03, Zorafim wrote:
You basically repeated what I said, replacing good with bad and vice versa. If you're going to critique what I said, please point out what you don't agree with.

... I quoted the entire thing because you were literally wrong on every point. I edited the quote to shorten it overall and make a more consistent read.

While you could say that it recovers PP easily, you must also take into consideration that every second spent recovering PP is a second you aren't using a PA.

Sure, but you're already using a normal attack to JA the first move of every photon art, the addition the second normal hit... sometimes both... of the regular attack combo really doesn't affect time much. On a larger scale you can factor all the jogging around your character does going from room to room, breaking boxes, etc... I can't imagine how it would actually have some visible impact on mission time.

Also, don't confuse large numbers with high damage. Take into consideration how likely it is to hit with it, and how many times it hits.

I mentioned it for Bogga Robado, not 'cause I don't like Bogga Robado but because it's actually a problem... much less so for Danga. In any crowd of aggressive monsters it seems pretty easy to land full hits. Same against multi-target enemies. It helps that the opening moves of the PA are fairly short and cause some stagger.

Ikk Hikk ... I thought I named a bunch of situations where it works fine. It's at least as many as Chikki or Jabroga. It's not like you have to use it 24/7, and it's not like melee skills are so time-consuming or boring to level that you have to make super high-value choices for each and every one.

Crazy_Hunter
Feb 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
From my experiences, they all have their purpose.

Zubba=Knockdown(Great for Jusnaguns, Gaozorans, and Drua Gohras)
Robado=Crowd Control(2nd combo knocks enemies down/up, third blows them all away)
Danga=Small Group Killer 2-4 enemies(very powerful, but only 2x2 for all 3 combo's)
Ikk Hikk=Large Group Killer; 4+ enemies (Probably much more affective vs enemies with 3+ targets like Drua Gohras)

But they're all awesome PA's, very powerful too. But that's how I would use them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crazy_Hunter on 2008-02-28 15:02 ]</font>

ilovetypemoon
Feb 28, 2008, 06:54 PM
What's up with all these seizure inducing signatures?

Anyways, I believe Danga is the most useful one. It's quick, strong, and you move around enough to dodge a lot of attacks.

Robado's only redeeming quality is its first combo. Sure, the third combo can do nice damage... if if hits at all. I also find that the second combo would knock things back just outside of the rocket punches radius, which will frustrate the hell out of you. It's ok for Gaozorans, but don't expect to get anything more than 4 hits in since they teleport as soon as they are hit. Maybe for stationary mobs like polavohras and drua goras, but they knock you out of your combo before you can get the third combo in. Basically, the game's physics ruin this PA.

Zubba used to be good... until I got Jabroga 31+. It's still great for Polavohras, the mantis things in LB, maybe Carringuines, and especially Drua Goras. But like I said, Jabroga is better for those Drua Goras.

Zekester
Feb 28, 2008, 10:18 PM
Whoa now, when did I miss this topic?
Anyway, as a fellow lover of Knuckles I'd have to say that for first starting out, deff get Bogga Robado.

Personally I love Zubba. It hits like wha? 2-3 targets x 3-4 times and JA-ing it deals a great load of damage + the knockdown effect.

Danga in my opinion, is really fun (Oh come on, like you don't wanna act all superman when flying in the 3rd combo)

Ikk Hikk, now if you really enjoy knuckles then you'll take the time to level this bad boy, I mean hell, your character is drunk, enough said.

So above all my order of picking these out are:
1. Bogga Robado - Great starter and fast to level
2. Bogga Zubba - Very effective and strong, easy to raise.
3. Bogga Danga - Its fun, kinda strong and useful in most ways.
4. Ikk Hikk - Super strong, hard to control, but your drunk, what did you expect?

Neflite
Feb 29, 2008, 02:44 AM
hiya
the only weapon I use is fists on my main here IMO on the skills
Danga: comes out fast and dmg later on 2nd 3rd parts as said above is great
I use this alot on most small and med size mobs
Zubba: great dmg pop a just off and plow into any size mobs and flip some large ones
Robado: good for Large and some med size mobs can be annoying on smaller enemies.
mostly I just use the 1st part over and over for dmg. I feel part 2 and 3 are semi-meh unless your surrounded or have enemies agianst wall. due to 2nd part may acctually knock mobs out of part 3's range!
Ikk Hikk: to my knowledge highest att% PA in game? once you lvl this 21+ you dont need to use 2nd and 3rd part that much at all. pop a just off and attack with 1st attacks, then survey enemies and turn you focus towards or just don't continue it. For one looking to have some fun with numberz and PA where you may miss,get knocked out of it, or clobber mobs with entertaining flair ikk hikk is sikk.
so as a exclusive knuckle user imo id
danga all around
ikk hikk best dmg fun
robado easy dmg ok 2nd 3rd parts
zubba situational super punch

Zael
Feb 29, 2008, 03:42 AM
Zubba's the best one IMO

TecherRamen
Feb 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
I have a bralwer with only knuckles and a handgun for the appropriate situations.

knuckles are devastating.

by now im sure you know what they all do so.

Zubba is good as an opener since it takes a second to charge. you get your enemies and while theyre closing in on you you let one off just as they arive. They fly up in the air and get distracted. so then you can pull out boga danga and move around pushign them away a little bit. then if you get one you know you want to kill you smack it away with the second part of bogga danga then whip out your robado and punch the @#$% out of him. then you can repeat.

ikk hikk i love since its good on enemies that are clueless or distracted or just slow.

hope that helped

TecherRamen
Feb 29, 2008, 09:40 AM
Oh i forgot. if youve got a kog nad or a boss i like zubba since youll start on side of it and end on the other if you strike them obliquely. it knocks big guys over too which is a plus.. its your all purpose rocket punch