PDA

View Full Version : Is Lumilass Sort Of Broken Now? Is it safe to use?

AzureBlaze
Feb 28, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well, it's been 2 days in a row that I've tried.

I am SO hoping it's not just me. I can't think of any other conclusion except that Lumilass has got something wrong with it now, at least if you're a CAST.

1st (and oddest)
If you're not a cast, a small explanation first:
CASTs have 3 body colors. First, their 'fake skin' second the protective rubber fake skin stuff, and third the 'plate color' which is the color of the parts you can buy.

Well Lumilass has a slider for the "Sub Color" which controls the body color under the plate. As you slide it you get a limited amount of hues as well as black and white. For me, this doesn't work any more. Moving the slider around only leaves black. Nothing I do can get this to change for me.

What's up with that?
I've been afraid to do any changes (just hitting cancel) for fear that it's somehow invisibly changing the char and I'll turn out pink and green or something terrible.

2nd (and annoying)
Early reports from AOI said that if we change face from plastic (humanoid) to metal, we can change back again and the selector screen will have "Remembered" our original plastic face detail (shape/hair/eye/etc) settings. I've had friends do it a while back, and everything was fine.
Now, when I go, it's got some of it right but screwed up the hair, eye color, ear type and switched the eyebrows. But it KEPT the skin tone and facial shape! (so no, it didn't just go to default CAST setting, some of the customization is left over)

In short: What is up with Lumilass? It can't just be me...but I know this is a bit obscure. Is Sega going to do anything? I'm just hoping it's not dangerous to anyone stumbling in for an innocent makeover.

Zorafim
Feb 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
I've been using it without a problem. Maybe you should check on the official forums.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
You're playing on PC? You might have driver that went bad or a messy variable in one of PSU's files.

DoubleJG
Feb 28, 2008, 01:51 PM
He's on PS2.

ashley50
Feb 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
Been changing from Helmet to fleshie head...

I've never encountered any problems at all...

Jarek
Feb 28, 2008, 01:58 PM
I've been having no troubles either.
This is where white should on the slider..
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/New%20PSU%20Pics/SubColorWhite.jpg

I'm not sure about the second question though. I have no desire to use a human type head, and I don't really want to fork out 100k x2 just to check. >.>

Kion
Feb 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
I haven't had any problem using it. With changing the character color, i've noticed that now it shows your character with their parts on, before it would strip my character and i'd have to guess at what the outcome would look like. I've never had the problem of all black (the colors inbetween are ugly and i generally stick to black anyways). i wis they'd give you the same color select for that as what you get with choising hair color.

As for switching the cast head to machine style and back. it could be that if you change it back while still in the store; it saves it. i exited to try some parts on with the head and not liking it i went back to the old style. when i did so, my character had short red hair (not what i had before). i don't view that as a problem though; it's really not hard or expensive to change it back.