PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

Feazle
Feb 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
I know this may seem like abit of a stupid question, but I do wish to know if PSU is really worth it?
I recently purchased an Xbox 360 and after playing PSO on the GC a couple of years back, I fancied a go at playing PSU.

However the Demo didn't impress me too much espically with the Level 1 spammers everywhere.
So yeah, would anyone recommend the full version of the game?
Is it any different from the Demo?

DEM_CIG
Feb 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
The demo is nothing like the real game. its just a bunch of perverted children who have nothing better to do... i would recommend the game... it is very good. I've been playing it sence Firebreak and before that i played the demo, and they are completely different.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
This is a love it or hate it game. it requires too much time for casual play (gaining levels can be tedius, and Leveling skills takes vast amounts of time).

For those into that quirky stype that PSO offered, this game does have some of the same benefits. However there are some serious play differences, so it you expect exact mapping from PSO you will also hate this game.

In short, if you liked PSO, have lots of time, and an open mind, this game can be a lot of fun.

MayLee
Feb 28, 2008, 03:11 PM
I can't speak for others.

All I know is that the demo is nothing like the real thing. I personally like it, random players can be a pain in the side but not all of them are like that. I think its fun when you have a nice fun party to play with, soloing sucks in my opinion.

JarinKail
Feb 28, 2008, 03:16 PM
Agreed. The demo couldn't be further from the actual game in terms of gameplay and community. I would call it a very casual game until you decide to grind out some bullet PAs or hunt down that 10* you want.

Feazle
Feb 28, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-02-28 12:02, SolomonGrundy wrote:

In short, if you liked PSO, have lots of time, and an open mind, this game can be a lot of fun.

Sounds like my kind of game then.
Thanks for clearing up my doubts, thought Sega had got worse.

I'll be online in no time at all.

ThaPrez2k5
Feb 28, 2008, 03:30 PM
if you like repetiveness(hope thats really a word) between special things going on than yea the game is for you i been playing over a year now and ive spent alot of time on this game and in between the special events i just couldn't keep doing the same missions over and over again so i took like a 2 month break then came back keeping in touch i know this is a mmo game and ten dollars isn't that much but i still think some people that have paid there dues for a long time should be free to them or 50 percent off or somehting just a thought

Feazle
Feb 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
Well, living in the United Kingdom means it's only £6.99 for me.
Which is cheaper than WoW, or any other MMO, for they can certainly get repetitive too.

JAFO22000
Feb 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
On 2008-02-28 12:30, ThaPrez2k5 wrote:
if you like repetiveness(hope thats really a word)...

It is a word, though "monotony" would've been a better choice.

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 28, 2008, 06:10 PM
I really have no idea what SolGrunty's talking about. This is a very casual game. Basically, the MMO you want depends on this:

If you have (or are going to have) so much free time you don't know what to do with yourself, get WoW. Blizzard takes great care of the game and maintenance is great. Great for summers during college.
If you just have a standard amount of free time, get PSU. Absolutely great for casual players, and the devotion required increases the more you play the game. Which makes sense, since if you stick with the game long enough, you end upwanting it to require more effort.

Guild Wars is for everyone. Free to play after buying, and it's fun. Get it when you have the cash.

Also, another thing that PSU has is the fact that it's more personal and realistic. (as i'm *guessing* you know) you can dodge attacks in this and pso, whereas in games like WoW and GW you can't; this is more real-timey while those are more statistic based.

...went on a bit of a tangent there. Anyway, you sound right for PSU, get it.

blackeye08
Feb 28, 2008, 06:15 PM
ALL the demo has is spammers. I hated the demo but love the game. The drops are better. Money is easier to get. SOOOOOO many more weapons to chose from. I say try it for a month and if you don't like it them stop paying for the subscription.

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
On 2008-02-28 11:48, Feazle wrote:
I know this may seem like abit of a stupid question, but I do wish to know if PSU is really worth it?
I recently purchased an Xbox 360 and after playing PSO on the GC a couple of years back, I fancied a go at playing PSU.

However the Demo didn't impress me too much espically with the Level 1 spammers everywhere.

Demo PSU =/= Offical PSU

PS2/PC PSU community =/= Xbox360 community.

everyone ive seen that has migrated from 360 to PS2 have said the community is 10x better. However, the 360 community is like triple the population.

Lamak
Feb 28, 2008, 08:26 PM
It's a cool game. Give it a try.

Feazle
Feb 28, 2008, 08:35 PM
On 2008-02-28 17:26, Lamak wrote:
It's a cool game. Give it a try.

I shall certainly do so.

Anyone fancy sharing their gamertag with me?
So that we may share PSU adventures and what not.

GreenArcher
Feb 28, 2008, 09:21 PM
This game can be casual
but it can also be as time consuming as WoW

imfanboy
Feb 28, 2008, 10:49 PM
It's only time-consuming when you REALLY REALLY WANT SOMETHING, and aren't too patient about getting it - last week I spent almost every spare moment of my time hunting the Valentine's Rappies looking for a Madam's Brella, including pretty much an entire weekend. All of it wasted effort, especially when I found out that the event after next will be giving away Madam Brellas as freaking prizes.

I join one run of a special group of missions called Guardian's Boost Road and get a [b] Ank Zagza that comes out of the oven with a tasty 46% Earth.

This game can be FAR less repetitive than PSO ever was, especially now with AotI; there's such a wide variety of missions (even if there are really only 5 bosses; there are 10 but quite a few reskins) and the combat system is much faster-paced, with each class being unique and fun to play (techers aren't good only for buffs and resta, like they were in PSO!)

While some people claim that "there are too many reskins in PSU" they seem to forget that PSO was the KING of reskinning - there was virtually no difference between Booma/Shark/Domenian behavior, and the tougher versions of those guys WERE just reskins - even Tallows behaved the same, they were just faster! Ultimate Mode WAS just a reskin fest, with only one or two enemies who actually behaved VERY differently (Indi Belras, I'm looking at you!)

The only time it gets monotonous is when you run... the... same... mission... over... and... over... to... get... the... rare... you... want... which... never... drops... anyway....

Yeah, I'm not doing THAT again.

DEM_CIG
Feb 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
My GT is KorruptAura83 if u want to add me i wont be on for another week, hopefully less than that... put if u need someone to help u with runs then ill be happy to... plus anyway im making a new character...

Feazle
Feb 29, 2008, 02:21 PM
On 2008-02-28 20:28, DEM_CIG wrote:
My GT is KorruptAura83 if u want to add me i wont be on for another week, hopefully less than that... put if u need someone to help u with runs then ill be happy to... plus anyway im making a new character...

Thank you, i'll be sure to add.
Mine is Motorpigeon, if anyone is interesed in doing missions and such.

I don't want to be all lonely in the big world of PSU...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feazle on 2008-02-29 11:22 ]</font>

shotsfired
Feb 29, 2008, 05:22 PM
you come to a fan web site about a game you are asking if it is worth it? what do you think we are going to say? this question is one of the reasons why I think the human race is doomed....

its like going to a local sports bar and asking if Beer and Football are worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shotsfired on 2008-02-29 14:24 ]</font>

imfanboy
Feb 29, 2008, 06:22 PM
On 2008-02-29 14:22, shotsfired wrote:
you come to a fan web site about a game you are asking if it is worth it? what do you think we are going to say? this question is one of the reasons why I think the human race is doomed....

its like going to a local sports bar and asking if Beer and Football are worth it.
Except on this site all too many people are the sports equivalent of "The NFL has ruined football! They put in all these new offsides rules, allow passing beyond the line of scrimmage, and let you wear helmets! We should go back to rugby, that's the MAN'S sport! Oh, and don't get me started on this watered-down piss they're trying to pass off for beer; back in MY day we had Billy Beer and that was endorsed by the President's brother hisself!

ScAReCrOw
Mar 1, 2008, 12:49 PM
On 2008-02-29 15:22, imfanboy wrote:

Except on this site all too many people are the sports equivalent of "The NFL has ruined football! They put in all these new offsides rules, allow passing beyond the line of scrimmage, and let you wear helmets! We should go back to rugby, that's the MAN'S sport! Oh, and don't get me started on this watered-down piss they're trying to pass off for beer; back in MY day we had Billy Beer and that was endorsed by the President's brother hisself!

lol. If the NFL were run by MMOer's.

Feazle
Mar 1, 2008, 04:52 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shotsfired on 2008-02-29 14:24 ]</font>

Ha ha.
Well, I just wanted to know the opinion of the PSU players.
Seeing as I was a PSO player.
Is that too much to ask?

xRedd206x
Mar 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
Buy PSU NAOS!

Dragwind
Mar 1, 2008, 06:41 PM
Oh lawd, the demo on the 360 is NOTHING to judge the game off of. The demo is a barebones chunk of absolutely nothing.

You're also asking players of a FANSITE if the game is good. You're more than likely going to get a yes. Imo, it is.

Nirvash7
Mar 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
It's not to me. Sega is too fucking lazy to fix the serious bugs in this game, which tells me they couldn't really give a shit about its fans. I'm done.

NPCMook
Mar 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
On 2008-03-01 16:27, Nirvash7 wrote:
It's not to me. Sega is too fucking lazy to fix the serious bugs in this game, which tells me they couldn't really give a shit about its fans. I'm done.

Gib Rarz nao

Mystil
Mar 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
On 2008-02-28 17:23, RemiusTA wrote:

On 2008-02-28 11:48, Feazle wrote:

Demo PSU =/= Offical PSU

PS2/PC PSU community =/= Xbox360 community.

everyone ive seen that has migrated from 360 to PS2 have said the community is 10x better. However, the 360 community is like triple the population.

And everyone that has migrated from the PC/PS2 to the 360 server has <to be continued>

KamiSori
Mar 1, 2008, 07:46 PM
wait people, migrated from 360 servers to PC/PS2 servers??? thats news to me. :?

shotsfired
Mar 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
lol, I love it...

Reginaldo
Mar 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
It's a good game, I had a ton of fun on it, and met alot of cool people. Just be careful because there's alot of unneeded hostility on the servers for some reason, and the people who revolve their entire social lives on it. If you can put yourself above all that crap, then you'll have alot of fun hopefully.

Nirvash7
Mar 2, 2008, 12:40 PM
On 2008-03-01 16:36, NPCMook wrote:

On 2008-03-01 16:27, Nirvash7 wrote:

Gib Rarz nao

You're 2 weeks late. And even if you would've said something, I still wouldn't have given them to you. Some of the rarz I gave away included a Rattlesnake, but you don't deserve something like that.