PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online: Tactics

FreeLancer
Feb 28, 2008, 07:05 PM
yeah yeah, i know pso/psu are real time but i need to know. If a tactics style game came out based on pso/psu(and it didnt involve silly cards, im talking straight up tactics). What would you want to see it do?

why?

cause im dicking around with (insert development language here) and i think i could have something fairly playable. And i know those on psu have gripes about all kinds of balence issues and things they'd like to see changed. Tell me about it. Come up with crazy left(or right, if you will) field ideas.

AlexCraig
Feb 28, 2008, 07:38 PM
Okay. I'll post to it.

Umm.... hmm... lessee... it would be an interesting thought, but idaknow...

Zabrio
Feb 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
that sounds interesting

raikomaru40
Feb 28, 2008, 07:49 PM
something like final fantasy tactics w/ PSO char. types as jobs, and all the weapons etc.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 28, 2008, 07:52 PM
I don't think that would go over well, honestly.

Look at Cardz, it was turn based, and a card game.

Getting rid of the cards doesn't nessicarily mean it's gonna be good.

FreeLancer
Feb 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
thing is cards means you might end up screwed cause you deck decided to fail. removing the cards means less chance of being fubar'd

elainesangel9
Feb 29, 2008, 11:31 AM
cards was SLOW!

a disgaea kind of system would be cool, have a really nice main game, but extend it to hard,ultimate etc like pso. use PTs from psu as special attacks, use the weps from both games as equipment, and you must make olga flow a secret final level 10 million level boss who is almost unbeatable, i think we have a game

Shadowpawn
Feb 29, 2008, 07:02 PM
On 2008-02-29 08:17, FreeLancer wrote:
thing is cards means you might end up screwed cause you deck decided to fail. removing the cards means less chance of being fubar'd

Not necessary, balanced decks are designed to work around the roll. Learning how to balance a deck was part of the fun and keep MOST set ups from being overpowered (save of the low cost Arkz spam decks, pain in the ass those things are.)