PDA

View Full Version : pso/psu: Tactics

FreeLancer
Feb 28, 2008, 07:08 PM
yeah yeah, i know pso/psu are real time but i need to know. If a tactics style game came out based on pso/psu(and it didnt involve silly cards, im talking straight up tactics). What would you want to see it do?

why?

cause im dicking around with (insert development language here) and i think i could have something fairly playable. And i know those on psu have gripes about all kinds of balence issues and things they'd like to see changed. Tell me about it. Come up with crazy left(or right, if you will) field ideas.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 28, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah I think it'd be cool. By tactics you mean something like Disgaea or FFTA right? If it's done right I'd definitely want to play it.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

JarinKail
Feb 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
I've been yearning for this since PSII on the Genesis. An SRPG set in that game's era with it's characters would be enough to get me to fellate every member of the creative team involved in that.

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 08:22 PM
Sonic Team would fuck it the junk up.

Lamak
Feb 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
It'd be funny but the fighter class would kill everything.

Reipard
Feb 28, 2008, 08:39 PM

PSO Episode III would like a word with you on that.

Kanore
Feb 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
Episode 3.

Are you defending Episode 3? Please don't tell me you're defending Episode 3.

I mean I know everyone got a boner over Sil'fer and Pollux, but seriously now.

Alizarin
Feb 28, 2008, 10:15 PM
They could set it up like Shining Force, Sega's other tactics-based series. Not sure how that'll work now though.

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 11:04 PM
On 2008-02-28 17:39, Reipard wrote:

R O F L

Yeah, and the Sonic Team that developed EpIII would LOVE a word with the PSU Dev team.

No offense, but your a DAMN fool if you think PSU and PSOEp.III came from the same people. Same NAME, yes, people, hell no.

Its like comparing the development team of Sonic Adventure 2 to the developement team of Shadow the Hedgehog. Two COMPLETELY different Sonic Team's, buddy. Luckly, it seems as though Sega as pumped all their best into this game though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-28 20:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-28 20:07 ]</font>

Reipard
Feb 29, 2008, 01:02 AM
Are you defending Episode 3? Please don't tell me you're defending Episode 3.

What? You didn't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike it? Please. It's a solid strategy game.

Yeah, and the Sonic Team that developed EpIII would LOVE a word with the PSU Dev team.

No offense, but your a DAMN fool if you think PSU and PSOEp.III came from the same people. Same NAME, yes, people, hell no.

Its like comparing the development team of Sonic Adventure 2 to the developement team of Shadow the Hedgehog. Two COMPLETELY different Sonic Team's, buddy. Luckly, it seems as though Sega as pumped all their best into this game though.

You can't address Sonic Team as one entity, then split it into different parts when it suits your argument conveniently. You either narrow it down from the start or take the whole entity into account.

Sonic Team had to do with PSU. Some of the same staff are on here (One of PSOIII's composers, Kenichi Tokoi, for example, most certainly did work on PSU) and whether you nor the team likes it or not, work by members of the team reflects on the team as a whole.

And by the way, I liked both Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow XP. Just because the latter has a ridiculously stupid dark plot doesn't make it a bad game. Or did you conveniently forget that Adventure and Adventure 2 were pretty retarded plot-wise too?

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 01:07 AM
On 2008-02-28 19:15, Alizarin wrote:
They could set it up like Shining Force, Sega's other tactics-based series. Not sure how that'll work now though.

I do miss my Shining Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

beatrixkiddo
Feb 29, 2008, 01:12 AM
inb4 Cease and Desist order

Oh wait, this is ST not Square, nevermind!

TecherRamen
Feb 29, 2008, 09:26 AM
I think they should make it based on formations and displacements. that is to say I see in psu alot of people toss enemies around for one reason or another, and a lot of potential damage gets wasted. so they should make it so that you can fluidly control where your units go, and then have their attacks be set up similar to phantom brave(the targeting i mean). Then because there is so much tossing in psu, it would be cool if you could have combos flinging an enemy from one character to another with various attacks(kinda like hoshigami did only not futile and complicated).

So that way you would have to balance all the specialties that are in psu. putting your techer in the middle of a large group or keeping it far away for a big raspell, while coralling the enemies with your fighters.

then if that werent enough there would probably need to be some kind of turn gage or charge system like in FFT.

FreeLancer
Feb 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
thanks guys for the input. im working on putting a concept together. ill try to post it up when im done.

chibiLegolas
Feb 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry, but I love PSO/PSU because it's an online action rpg. There's not many out there, let alone be on a console. So that's why I've stuck around this long. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tho I wouldn't mind to see a well done tactics type game of the series. (I did enjoy Sakura Taisen back in the day). As long as it doesn't take away from updates and attention PSU needs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-29 09:43 ]</font>

FreeLancer
Mar 1, 2008, 12:04 AM
well i dont think it would bother updates since i'm the one working on it.

well the concept atleast.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;