PDA

View Full Version : PSU joy. Thanks ST!

Aries2384
Feb 28, 2008, 10:25 PM
Amid all the complaints, whines, gripes, flames and disgruntlments... I just thought I for one would like to say that I love PSU and I am happily spending my time waiting for the next event. This game rocks! Thanks ST! Now give me my Ramarl outfit plz!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Powder Keg
Feb 28, 2008, 10:27 PM
PSU loves you too.

Aries2384
Feb 28, 2008, 10:28 PM
Awww thanks Artea! I feelz special! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know! I can't wait for the MAG event and then Dengeki! It should be a barrel of fun to be had by all. ST is getting really creative with their events and its starting to show!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries2384 on 2008-02-28 19:30 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 10:28 PM
The AotI events have been very successful, if you ask me. The one thats going on in japan right now is looking amazing.

Kanore
Feb 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
I want my FOmar dress.

pokefiend
Feb 28, 2008, 10:54 PM
I think this thread was really needed.

Furthermore, I've been playing PSU since the day it was released in American, and I have to totally agree with the OP. I love this game, and I have a strong faith that ST and Sega will continue to make this game even more awesome in the coming months ahead.

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

Randomness
Feb 28, 2008, 11:01 PM
On 2008-02-28 19:54, pokefiend wrote:

Furthermore, I've been playing PSU since the day it was released in American, and I have to totally agree with the OP. I love this game, and I have a strong faith that ST and Sega will continue to make this game even more awesome in the coming months ahead.

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

PSU, yes, Sonic Team, no.

They probably need to hire someone in the bug testing department whose sole job is to try and find glitches and exploits... I think they only test that everything runs normally when used normally, not when being used by an actively malicious personality.

The game, however, is mostly excellent, with a few aggravations (Such as odd mission level requirements)

*NulBlaze*

Flame away.

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2008, 11:02 PM
They will. Just imagine when the PSU equilivent of PSOEp1&2 comes along. AotI was PSUv2 at most.

DEM_CIG
Feb 28, 2008, 11:17 PM
Lol this post... is to funny.

ThEoRy
Feb 28, 2008, 11:36 PM
On 2008-02-28 19:36, Kanore wrote:
I want my FOmar dress.

TheStoicOne
Feb 29, 2008, 12:31 AM
hahah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Fomar dress!

littleman2347
Feb 29, 2008, 06:17 AM
Who doesnt enjoy this game i mean seriously its just to much fun.(somtimes)

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
On 2008-02-28 20:01, Randomness wrote:

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

They probably need to hire someone in the bug testing department whose sole job is to try and find glitches and exploits... I think they only test that everything runs normally when used normally, not when being used by an actively malicious personality.

The game, however, is mostly excellent, with a few aggravations (Such as odd mission level requirements)

*NulBlaze*

Flame away.

Hire someone? Hell they could probably get some people from here to do it for free XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

littleman2347
Feb 29, 2008, 06:40 AM
PSO-World is a site of wondering slaves that would do anything for PSU/PSO.

Katrina
Feb 29, 2008, 06:46 AM
I also liek PSUz and ST. ;o

(PSU referring to Pseudo-Sexual-Unicorns, and ST Serendipitous Tendencies of course)

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:03 AM
On 2008-02-29 03:46, Pixiesugar wrote:
(PSU referring to Pseudo-Sexual-Unicorns, and ST Serendipitous Tendencies of course)

o_0

As for supporting Sega and ST, since I got falsely banned I'm just not going to be as supportive of them anymore. The whole time I wasn't even banned lol, they fixed the whole issue that took 2 months to solve simply by talking to a GM >_>

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 07:07 AM
On 2008-02-29 03:31, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

*NulBlaze*

Flame away.

Hire someone? Hell they could probably get some people from here to do it for free XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sadly, we are probably going to be the ones that will find the most bugs. No matter how many testers ST has on staff, it will never compare to the number of people playing the game.

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:09 AM
On 2008-02-29 04:07, amtalx wrote:

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

*NulBlaze*

Flame away.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sadly, we are probably going to be the ones that will find the most bugs. No matter how many testers ST has on staff, it will never compare to the number of people playing the game.

Sometimes I can't shake the feeling they only have like, 3 or 4 people running the servers.

-Ryuki-
Feb 29, 2008, 07:21 AM
On 2008-02-29 04:09, SylviaEspada wrote:

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

*NulBlaze*

Flame away.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sometimes I can't shake the feeling they only have like, 3 or 4 people running the servers.

For some reason, I picture that angry German kid who sent his keyboard into the afterlife three times in one go, but 3-4 of them.

AC9breaker
Feb 29, 2008, 07:27 AM
New story mission gives you Mirei poster! Woot!

littleman2347
Feb 29, 2008, 07:55 AM
I dont even think there are 3-4 people i think it is the night guard and he has the tv on and is a sleep like usual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2008-02-29 04:55 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Feb 29, 2008, 08:53 AM
PSU has certainly come a long way, and while ST does seem pretty lazy, there may be more extrenuating circumstances than we see. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying we almost certainly aren't seeing the full picture here.

If I would change anything right now, I would like to see a more active GM presence in-game at all times. Just cycle in a dedicated mod to make sure everything's working well, so we don't have issues like we've been having. A test server would be cool too, but not needed.

Snitch
Feb 29, 2008, 09:15 AM
I havent realy understood ppl who complain and curse the companies of the games they play... this is common in ever mmo game outthere. And yet they keep on playing.. Why play something you hate?? makes me wonder whats going on in their heads..

Be happy , enjoy the game.. thats what i do.

Xtian913
Feb 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
I agree! Despite all the things people bitch about, they continue to pay and play the game. I for one just play the game for one reason alone - ITS FUN! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kietrinia
Feb 29, 2008, 10:22 AM
On 2008-02-29 05:53, Typheros wrote:
A test server would be cool too, but not needed.
*nudges ST with combination*

City of Heroes has one, as does PlanetSide, and many other MMOs to rattle bugs out of updates... >.>

Dhylec
Feb 29, 2008, 10:29 AM
There are hiccups here & there, but I have yet to run into any problem that stops me from enjoying this game - from billing to gameplay. I have 3 chars & the content now more than enough to keep me occupy the few hours I have daily.

I play this game without looking for any S ranks or uber rarz. My time online is stress-free, just light-hearted fun, even when I feel like screaming at my clueless, newbie pal. I solo alot, but wouldn't mind party up with others for additional fun. Most of whom I met are decent enough to make me feel there is a community.

PSU isn't for the hardcore, all-day gamers. It's small compared to other online games, but it suits me just fine.

Powder Keg
Feb 29, 2008, 03:33 PM
On 2008-02-29 07:29, Dhylec wrote:
There are hiccups here & there, but I have yet to run into any problem that stops me from enjoying this game - from billing to gameplay. I have 3 chars & the content now more than enough to keep me occupy the few hours I have daily.

I play this game without looking for any S ranks or uber rarz. My time online is stress-free, just light-hearted fun, even when I feel like screaming at my clueless, newbie pal. I solo alot, but wouldn't mind party up with others for additional fun. Most of whom I met are decent enough to make me feel there is a community.

PSU isn't for the hardcore, all-day gamers. It's small compared to other online games, but it suits me just fine.

Have to agree with this. Especially if you want to compare it to how PSO was taken care of, this was a huge upgrade on communication, upgrades, content and many other things from the last game. 99% of the time the game is enjoyable.

---------------
PC/PS2
Artea - Level 120 Wartecher / Fortetecher
Dave - Level 98 Fortefighter
Powder Keg - Level 77 Fortegunner / Protranser

Akaimizu
Feb 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
I also do agree that we should definitely have more of a GM presence in the game. Even with people posting stuff into the Website's technical issues form, they do find out about some serious lasting bugs either way after the issues were reported, and seem like they start the investigation of the problem months after it's widely known.

A bit of a better GM presence would spot these things, be able to experience them right away, which would do wonders for proper in-house bug reporting. It would help them a lot. The 360 robot bug report was initially reported in November, and even as of end of last month, it was like, "There's a bug?" In one case, it might be a simple idea of communication not going through the lines from backend to PR, and they've really been on the mission but noone at PR was set to communicate it.

I'll also agree that their efforts are beyond what I've seen in PSO. There is tougher competition, these days, with some very strong dev and GM presence with other new online games; but back in PSO during the little competition days, they *might* give you an update. I think the US Dreamcast version (outside of a new game revision (PSO v2) just got "Letters from Lionel", and that was about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-29 12:44 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Feb 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
Good topic. PSU is like almost any other popular company like Nike, McDonalds and Starbucks:

"Love the game. Hate the game."

That's how it works. Everyone complians about the game because they are all playing it to death and finding this stuff out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif People play enough to find the Machine Gun glitch and stuff like that. Besides everyone on this forum page has to like PSU to some degree because they joined a forum dedicated to PSU. (I know that this was a orginally PSO site and still is, but the argument is still valid.)

People complaining is sometimes a good thing. It lets SEGA know that have fans that give a damn whether the game sucks or not. It's better than people just not buying the game and not telling SEGA what's wrong.

Aralia
Feb 29, 2008, 05:30 PM
On 2008-02-29 13:05, Ken_Silver wrote:
Good topic. PSU is like almost any other popular company like Nike, McDonalds and Starbucks:

"Love the game. Hate the game."

That's how it works. Everyone complians about the game because they are all playing it to death and finding this stuff out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif People play enough to find the Machine Gun glitch and stuff like that. Besides everyone on this forum page has to like PSU to some degree because they joined a forum dedicated to PSU. (I know that this was a orginally PSO site and still is, but the argument is still valid.)

People complaining is sometimes a good thing. It lets SEGA know that have fans that give a damn whether the game sucks or not. It's better than people just not buying the game and not telling SEGA what's wrong.

If it wasn't for PS and PSO, I would never have started playing PSU.. and I believe MANY of the other members that belong to this board feel the same way.

I recall seeing multiple people post that same message in posts long ago..

On the note of something nice to say... At least PSU is getting better. V1 was just a waste when you think of what we have now.

BigGoldRobot
Mar 1, 2008, 12:07 AM
its no PSO but I cant complain, PSU just keeps getting better with every event! A worthy successor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ScAReCrOw
Mar 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-02-29 14:30, Aralia wrote:
If it wasn't for PS and PSO, I would never have started playing PSU.. and I believe MANY of the other members that belong to this board feel the same way.

I recall seeing multiple people post that same message in posts long ago..

On the note of something nice to say... At least PSU is getting better. V1 was just a waste when you think of what we have now.

Too true! I wouldn't have even given the magazine I first saw with the PSU preview on the cover a second look if I hadn't played any of the previous PS's. And on another note...I still have "V1" and am enjoying it.....not online yet! Don't spoil my dream! lol.

Ken_Silver
Mar 1, 2008, 01:42 PM
I belive that is ST did some more advertising for this game, it would've done much better.

As of now, we do have a great game. And since we are missing a lot of content (that's what I've heard) it's only going to get better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aries2384
Mar 2, 2008, 01:16 AM
The game is certainly fun. I enjoy the storyline missions because they can be so awkwardly done but they DO make me laugh. I have a bunch of friends returning back to PSU so I have my hands FULL showing them all the new stuff to they game. They are excited, I am excited, and its gonna be alot of fun! It's just like old times, but with a better PSU! Go ST! Keep going!

Dragwind
Mar 2, 2008, 01:21 AM
This game is pretty fun, but I do agree that if they worked on a bit more advertising in the US/EU, it would have sold MUCH MUCH more. We would have a much larger community for sure.

Aries2384
Mar 2, 2008, 01:27 AM
On 2008-03-01 22:21, Dragwind wrote:
This game is pretty fun, but I do agree that if they worked on a bit more advertising in the US/EU, it would have sold MUCH MUCH more. We would have a much larger community for sure.

I definitely agree with you Dragwind but I don't think Sega has ever really been the advertising type. I can't recall alot of Sega commercials or ads. Not nearly as many as Nintendo's anyway.

Aralia
Mar 2, 2008, 05:29 PM
On 2008-03-01 22:27, Aries2384 wrote:

On 2008-03-01 22:21, Dragwind wrote:

I definitely agree with you Dragwind but I don't think Sega has ever really been the advertising type. I can't recall alot of Sega commercials or ads. Not nearly as many as Nintendo's anyway.

I recall quite a few... for the Sonic Adventure series. >.>

And like a few little ones for stuff like Dead or Alive (prior to beach vollyball =p) and some for skies of arcadia, but they weren't very impressive till it came out again on GCN.

But I can't recall any good ones for any game other than Sonic coming out of SEGA's ad department.

*edit: Oh, and I remember a few Crazy Taxi commercials..*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2008-03-02 14:30 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Mar 2, 2008, 05:43 PM

PSU and Sonic Team Rock!

You guys need a thread to appreciate a game? wow..

Kylie
Mar 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
Well, why don't you marry it? >:(

Kidding aside, I like PSU too, and that's why I play.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 2, 2008, 07:05 PM
Lack of advertising does hurt this game a fair bit. If I hadn't seen that magazine article way back when on PSU that EGM ran, I wouldn't have known it existed until someone pointed it out to me while I was playing PSO.

That said, PSU made me go back and play the old PS's (never really had time for them until recently), and now I'm catching all the little touches I missed last time. Kinda fun that way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Here's hoping the new content continues to be as good as the stuff we have now.