Feb 29, 2008, 04:17 AM
What LV's Up Faster?

Rifle PA's
or
Longbow PA's

beatrixkiddo
Feb 29, 2008, 04:18 AM
Bows

But the only PA for either that matters is Killer Shot, and there's no bow version of that ;D

landman
Feb 29, 2008, 04:20 AM
Bows lvl a lot faster than Rifles

Soda
Feb 29, 2008, 04:55 AM
On 2008-02-29 01:18, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Bows

But the only PA for either that matters is Killer Shot, and there's no bow version of that ;D

I still need to get Killer shot ><

I first need to lv up my other ones to 40,almost there too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Ryuki-
Feb 29, 2008, 05:07 AM
If we're speaking in terms of GT..

Killer Shot, or Megid?

That, is the question. =x

mvffin
Feb 29, 2008, 05:24 AM
I've gotten a bow PA from 1-21 in 7 runs.

Rifles.... still give me nightmares.

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 05:35 AM
On 2008-02-29 02:07, RyukiZero wrote:
If we're speaking in terms of GT..

Killer Shot, or Megid?

That, is the question. =x

KS. It's faster and has a waaaay better range. Don't forget its SE level is 4 and rifles will eventually have knockdown at +31.

-Ryuki-
Feb 29, 2008, 06:02 AM
Well, when you put it that way, then yeah Rifles win~ I only mentioned Megid because of the TP boost, and the fact it pierces multiple enemies.

ashley50
Feb 29, 2008, 06:09 AM
TP doesn't matter on Megid...its the SE that matters.
Like Killer Shot...

but Yeah...Long bows levels waaay faster than Rifles.
This is coming form a Gunner/GT that uses both said weapons.

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 06:34 AM
Don't forget about the pending changes to Rifles. We are basically being handed almost 30% more damage and knockdown with every shot. Longbows seem pretty lame now...

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 29, 2008, 08:38 AM
On 2008-02-29 03:34, amtalx wrote:
Don't forget about the pending changes to Rifles. We are basically being handed almost 30% more damage and knockdown with every shot. Longbows seem pretty lame now...

And that they will be faster to level as well.

DEM_CIG
Feb 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
Bows FTW...

Kairi_Li
Feb 29, 2008, 10:13 AM
Not to mention Killer Shot will use up much less PP. And the Long Bow, as good as it is on its own, doesn't have a PA like that yet. Seems like the Rifle will be a better weapon in a long run, with the upcoming Gameplay Adjustements...

Poncho_Jr
Feb 29, 2008, 10:15 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if Longbows hit multiple targets, like in online mode? D:

jayster
Feb 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
I leveled up a bow to level 27 in less than a day. A rifle takes me like a week almost.

desturel
Feb 29, 2008, 11:36 AM
Longbow with the exception of Masei-sou. If you wanted to you could level longbow to 30 in a day. Rifle might take four days of 20 hour sessions. Masei-sou would probably be a month or so. Mainly because you will give up on leveling the PA several times due to frustration. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Apone
Feb 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
Well dont forget that bows ignore defense on most monsters. I like em both for different reasons.

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-02-29 08:46, Apone wrote:
Well dont forget that bows ignore defense on most monsters. I like em both for different reasons.

True, but Rifles have a vastly superior firing rate and are about to get wtfpwn damage that far outclasses Bows in just about every way. Basically, you shouldn't use a Bow unless you have to.

Akaimizu
Feb 29, 2008, 02:24 PM
It might be class dependant. On a Guntecher, Twin Handguns generally outperform the rifles for the damage factor, on any non-bullet resistant enemy, at a loss of a little range. But they use Bows mainly for penetration. Bow rocks nearly everything when it comes to stuff like the De Ragnus (two headed dragon). With every other gun, you have to chase the vulnerable heads which it keeps moving around. With the bow, you can constantly shoot for full damage, on just about any place on him. There are other cases of this, but that's a very good Boss to demonstrate on.

Another Bow application is that they provide great SE4 application while allowing one to still constantly apply full damage on big bullet resistant mobs. Druas in Moatoob, for example.

I'll give rifles one definitive thing on a Guntecher, they do indeed provide a small amount of better SE4 application than Bows, thanks to a slightly better firing rate than using the *fast firing* timed attack method on Bows. It's not a heavy application chance increase, but every bit counts.

Of course, this is all going to change with the Rifle boost we're getting. Once we get that, I'd be a fool if I didn't give rifles another chance than just Killer Shot delivery, after that. Yay rifles. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It can happen. I turned from a small Laser Cannon advocate to a big Laser Cannon advocate, recently. I think I can be flexible with rifles, too. Especially since I still have stored bullet PAs in them before I abandoned levelling them more for other more important things, at the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-29 11:30 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 04:42 PM
Bows ignore defense? I never noticed that before. >.>;

Randomness
Feb 29, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-02-29 13:42, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Bows ignore defense? I never noticed that before. >.>;

Yes. About the only thing that takes reduced damage is a leader enemy, which takes half from everything.

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Oh, cool.

And as far as frag bullets, 90 is way too much for me to have touched any of the bow or rifle bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

panzer_unit
Feb 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
On 2008-02-29 03:34, amtalx wrote:

My handguns have been outdamaging my bow by rate of fire for a long time now. They're really only good for range and DFP penetration.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
Bows are easier. but rifles are more worth it. It's pretty worthless to have same Rifle/Bow element on the same PA list, I almost feel bad for those who wanna convert to Rifle bullets now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rifles take longer, but they aren't even the hardest bullet like some people claim them to be. My Nova has 5 Rifle bullets at tier 4, Dark Shot being at lv40. Only scrubs think they're the hardest. Lasers are twice as hard to level.

If you already have bow elements at tier 4, don't bother with lv1 rifle bullets of the same element,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-29 16:11 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Feb 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
On 2008-02-29 07:15, Poncho_Jr wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if Longbows hit multiple targets, like in online mode? D:

errrlolwut>?

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 09:56 PM
On 2008-02-29 18:49, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-02-29 07:15, Poncho_Jr wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if Longbows hit multiple targets, like in online mode? D:errrlolwut>?He typo'd, in offline mode bows could hit two targets.