PDA

View Full Version : Leveling TECHNICs

lFiLTHl
Feb 29, 2008, 05:57 AM
I was just wondering, Is it even worth leveling the Basic TECHs? Foie, Barta i.e.
Or do I wanna concentrate on just Ra, Gi, Dam, and Nos?
Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

ashley50
Feb 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
You'll find your answer once you level them...

lFiLTHl
Feb 29, 2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks for your not needed comment. I'm asking this question so I don't waste my time leveling a TECH that I might not use endgame.

Serephim
Feb 29, 2008, 06:44 AM
Except what he said is pretty much true.

I see no point in neglecting the "basic" spells since they are no longer referred to as "basic" on PSU. Any technic you level will be useful endgame.

thunder-ray
Feb 29, 2008, 06:48 AM
Yes it is once u get barta, foie, diga and zonde lvled to 21 it really pays off. Two of the basic techs however do less dmg then the ra's (i mean zonde and barta since those 2 both do less dmg but pass threw one enemy to hit other mobs lined up in a straight line)but there still worth getting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2008-02-29 03:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2008-02-29 03:50 ]</font>

Katrina
Feb 29, 2008, 07:06 AM
Diga has up to a 290 tech %, Foie up to 280 tech %, imho all of the basic techs are worth leveling.

Endgame wise, your particular class might play a factor in choosing your personal palette preferences, but most if not all the techs are useful, just in different ways.

Possibly play each version of a tech, decide which method of distributing tech damage suits your playstyle best, then go with what suits you.

Lykos
Feb 29, 2008, 07:08 AM
In my opinion all techs are worth leveling, it's just the certain situations where they're optimal might not come up as often as other techs.

TecherRamen
Feb 29, 2008, 03:52 PM
if youve got one enemy in your face and one far away. BAM BARTA. problem solved... got a de ragan that rabarta only hits once(as opposed to 3 or 4) BAM DIGA. problem solved.

Randomness
Feb 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
Foie and Diga are must-haves. Both do massive damage to a single target, so they're basically your boss/miniboss killers. Foie also gets Burn 4 at 21+, which is another huge plus.

Barta and Zonde both do respectable damage in a linear path, they're essentially laser cannons for forces. They also inflict crippling SEs.

If all you care about in a linear tech is power, though, Megid beats both Barta and Zonde hands down.

AmyPsycho
Feb 29, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm an avid and experienced Techer. Lets see... In all honesty, they aren't quite as important as say Ras/Dams, but theyre VERY nice. Diga is awesome, albeit Nosdiga basically takes its place, so its not that necessary. Barta is dandy, I enjoy that one quite a bit. I hate Zonde with a passion. Foie really packs a nice punch as well, that one is worth some effort. However, I overall just recommend RA spells for you on that. THeyre both pretty AND functional. Not to mention once they hit 31, they hit 4 enemies.

If you're a Rod techer, immediately start on Dambarta/Damfoie! Amazing techs. Damdiga/Dammegid really don't need effort... focus for those elements on Nosdiga and Megiverse. (Megiverse is a PAIN to level but its literally a hellraising lifesaver when leveled and used properly.) You can go for Regrant... Its not very damaging and hazardous to your health, but its amazing knockback reeeally is invaluable if you're swarmed. Oh, instead of Zonde... LEVEL NOSZONDE. Also invest in Nosmegid. As weak as they might seem right off, their range is practically for miles and they're invaluable in boss fights like Dimmagolus or De Rol Le. They also level much faster and are much prettier in my opinion... albeit I have to admit Zonde is nifty at 31.

To end this rant, RAS and DAMS are your first priority. The basic ones are more eye candy, but do pack a great punch for single enemies like bosses. Noszonde/megid are invaluable sniping techs. It all depends on what you want, but I'd say priorities (especially for rod techers) could be... Dam techs / Ra techs / Gi techs / Base techs.

There are always suggestions and alternate ways of doing things, but I leveled up my base techs waaaay after i focused on dams and ras.

Hope that helps! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
Barta can go up hills and freeze all in its path, it's pretty decent, thout it can easily be stopped by small obstacles since it move across the ground.

Zonde I don't like as much, but I hear it becomes good at higher levels and shock can be quite useful since it's pretty easy to apply.

Foie's my standby damage tech, I'd say it's definitely worth using, diga may be a tad stronger, but foie is faster.

Diga is strong, but moves a tad slow, it travels in an arc which can work both ways, you can have it fly over the head of some small enemies, but by the same token it lets you hit some airborne enemies, not to mention it looks cool after 31.

Diga and Foie level reasonably fast, as do all gi level techs, so I'd recommend them. Ra techs are quite good too.

Though most of mine are still below 21 so I can't speak too much for how much they improve in the endgame.

ThEoRy
Mar 1, 2008, 12:26 AM
yes