PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Idea - Salvage system

CelestialBlade
Feb 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
So you're hunting that elusive Psycho Wand or Agito Repca or whatever, and all the while you're amassing all these A-rank weapons with low percents, pretty much worthless to you. You figure you'll just toss them in the offertory box, but oh wait, you don't really need anything from there. So just sell it to an NPC, right? Eh, don't get much out of it.

Well, what if you could Salvage the weapon like you can in other ORPGs? You buy a Salvage Kit for your PM, then use it on your weapon, and your PM will attempt to break it down into useful components. For instance, let's say you wake up one day and you're just so sick and tired of having the best rod in the game, so you attempt to Salvage your Psycho Wand. Based on a random chance, you could produce x amount of El-photons, Neptuline, Diad, and/or Relic Edges. You wouldn't get back what it takes to make the weapon, but I'd think you could get more use out of synth materials than the minimal amount of Meseta an NPC is willing to give you.

Think of what this would mean for the synth materials market, too. You could find weapons and Salvage them for mats, instead of having to farm or buy them. While not a full solution to material farming (you can't just get rid of that, it'd be too easy), it may just drive down those *ridiculous* synth material prices in Player Shops. A lot of ORPGs use this system, why not PSU?

Thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2008-02-29 06:05 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Feb 29, 2008, 09:09 AM
I don't think materials will be too tough to find once higher difficulties are released, but that is a good idea, since a lot of weapons some people use even now will become useless to people eventually.

---------------
PC/PS2
Artea - Level 120 Wartecher / Fortetecher
Dave - Level 98 Fortefighter
Powder Keg - Level 77 Fortegunner / Protranser

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 09:23 AM
The problem is that the synth items you would get from disposable items (A ranks) are going to be in abundance anyway. If the item you are breaking down has valuble materials (S rank), you probably won't end up salvaging it. A system like this could work, but it would require a rebalance of the drop tables. Interesting though.

TecherRamen
Feb 29, 2008, 09:31 AM
its a cool idea but personally i don't get many A rank weapons randomly at all =X

what if instead of components of the item you got one synth item that was of a higher rank. so you throw in like an ank pikor and you get a morbinia or catilium... no, people would abuse that =/

CelestialBlade
Feb 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
It's certainly not going to revolutionize the synth material market, no, but my intention was that it gives you something to do with weapons you find, but don't need and probably won't trade well.

And let's face it, some people are at a point where they would probably do this with S-ranks like Crimsons and Halarods, and that would net you some good materials. In the future, when we get higher difficulties, we may be seeing more made S-ranks dropping, and imagine if you could just pop one in your PM if you needed something rare, like Catilium.

TheFonz
Feb 29, 2008, 09:47 AM
It's actually a really interesting idea, nice one! But as amtaix has already mentioned, it will only be the S-ranks weapons that would salvage into valuable materials for it to make sense, and there may be little to no point to do so.

You mention someone salvaging a Psychowand, but if the system does help reduce the price of materials in player shops then it would make more sense for the player to sell their Psychowand (for a crap load amount of meseta) and they'd easily be able to purchase way more materials than what the Psychowand would have produced if salvaged.

What you could do is add a random factor of luck when salvaging, for example there's a chance to gain some uber rare materials from just an A-rank if you're lucky. Or there can be items in the game (Room items or certain mats etc.) that can only be obtained exclusively from Salvaging. Maybe the Psychowand has an xx% chance of yielding an exclusive material when salvaged - you could have a 15* Wand board that requires that very material to synth. These random factors may encourage players to salvage their weapons as opposed to selling them for a bucket load of cash and buying synths manually.

Powder Keg
Feb 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
Two-Headed Ragnus came out at a crummy %? Salvage the Catiliums (with a chance, of course)

Need Ydral and don't need another Uransara or Halarod? There's another solution.

I think it's a neat idea.

Dragwind
Feb 29, 2008, 03:44 PM
I actually have always liked this idea. I wouldn't mind at all if it was implemented.

MSAksion
Feb 29, 2008, 03:48 PM
Me too.

There are 10* and 11* weapons that drop for free fully made and some people dont need them. BUT they are made up of nice valuable CATILIUM so... take that non-elemental 10* Gekisnata for free from sakura blast S and convert it back into some CATILUM to make a GOOD weapon right?

Proto07
Feb 29, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-02-29 12:36, Artea wrote:
Two-Headed Ragnus came out at a crummy %? Salvage the Catiliums (with a chance, of course)

Need Ydral and don't need another Uransara or Halarod? There's another solution.

I think it's a neat idea.

Could also work with broken weapons. 1/1, 0/2, etc

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
That could be pretty neat, actually.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 29, 2008, 04:50 PM
I think we need the A--->S conversion boards first.

THE JACKEL

CelestialBlade
Mar 1, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-02-29 13:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Yeah, we've been waiting far too long for those. Now THOSE would drive those mat costs down.

Sasamichan
Mar 1, 2008, 12:53 AM
On 2008-02-29 21:38, Typheros wrote:

On 2008-02-29 13:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Yeah, we've been waiting far too long for those. Now THOSE would drive those mat costs down.

Also, get people to pick up all the A rank metals and Ebons.

Kanore
Mar 1, 2008, 07:04 AM
Oh, maybe we could get random gems from them too! You know what, let's add crafting jobs. Jewelcrafting! Maybe people can make clothes too. Tailoring! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay