PDA

View Full Version : Wow I hate grinding.....

jayster
Feb 29, 2008, 01:25 PM
Just coming here to whine and moan some about the grinding system. I got megaholy 3* luck today from the fortune teller so I decided to go grind some weapons.

Keep in mind that I had 3* luck and only used Grinder A+10's after the first free grind.

I broke 2 arb boa's going from 1 -> 2.
I broke 2 arb boa's going from 2 -> 3.
Broke my last arb boa going from 4 -> 5.
Then I broke my 50% ICE Shiratsuno-zashi 1 -> 2.
I got it to 8/9 and broke it going to 9. Broke it going from 6/7 to 7/7. It ended up at a 5/5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Idk why I suck at grinding. Last time I went on a grinding binge, I had 23 cubo mambas and got 1 of them to 10/10. 21 Deathmakers and broke every single one.

I'v tried grinding 2 Gur Asteds and ended up with a 4/4 and a 6/6. I'v grinded 5 blackbulls, left 2 of them at 4/9, left one at 3/6, the other 2 were 4/4 and 5/5. I broke 2 Song for Deaths going from 1 -> 2. I use only S+10's with 3* luck btw on S ranks. I just suck at grinding. I can't grind my own weapons so I have to spend ridiculous amounts of meseta on grinded weapons.

SStrikerR
Feb 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
I've done worse. broke a neiclaw from 2-3 using A+10 with 3 luck.

(lol 2 topics)

panzer_unit
Feb 29, 2008, 03:14 PM
Those are the odds... my experience is if you get an A-rank past +6 or an S-rank past +4 there's a real chance that you won't get it back to the same point if the thing breaks.

Seority
Mar 1, 2008, 03:09 PM
I hear you.
I don't have any specific examples but from what I try to what I end up getting.
10/50 S grinder boards come out +9 or +10. I mostly get +3s. I don't use A rank grinders. (I should just so I don't keep losing money so much XP)
If I try to grind something to as high as it can I get 3/3s - 5/5s. Never anything higher. (Note: I use +9s/+10s after grinded to 5. I just sell my +1s - +4s to npcs.)
If I try to just grind something to 3 or 5 I get 0/7 or 3/6. Depending on how 'lucky' I feel that day.

I wonder if there are any good grinders I could pay to grind my stuff... X _ X'

My way of things is to sell my synthed stuff and buy already grinded items. SO much nicer in my opinion =3

McLaughlin
Mar 1, 2008, 04:09 PM
I broke 4 Shatos in a row going from 2 to 3 with A+10s. For those at home, 2 to 3 is the first grind not guaranteed.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
grinding only bothers people who HAVE to have 10/10. Funny thing is, this only makes any real difference in a small number of weapons. (shato is one of them).

I BOUGHT my shato for 7 million (10/10) and it was worth every meseta. Other than that I'm mostly happy with 4-6 grinds on A ranks, and 2-4 grinds on S ranks.

sillyness

Chuck_Norris
Mar 1, 2008, 07:56 PM
Pfft, that's nothing. My friend had me grind his neutral Kan Yu as low as it could go. I used +1 grinders the whole time, with 0 luck. It only got to 2/2 ._.

Seority
Mar 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
On 2008-03-01 16:55, SolomonGrundy wrote:
grinding only bothers people who HAVE to have 10/10. Funny thing is, this only makes any real difference in a small number of weapons.

I don't wish for 10/10s. No, that's a lie, I do wish for them, but I aim at maybe 6/9's or even 8/8's. Hell, I'd be happy with a dang 5/10, but when I end up screwing them up so dang much were their max is only 7 or 6, then not only is it kinda junk, but I wont sell it for real high either. Kinda of a lose-lose situation. Every time. :I

NNEONateDogg
Mar 2, 2008, 11:04 PM
I used to be the type of person where I would never grind my weapons and keep them at 0/10, but I've finally realized a few weeks ago that it is better to try to grind them than to leave it at 0/10.

I always thought that if I tried to grind weapons and fail, it would be a waste of time, waste of money, and I would feel a personal sense of worthlessness. But now I feel that there should be no shame if you fail a grind. At least you tried to grind it instead of leaving it alone is the important part.

Now if you get some grinds on it, then you can feel a sense of accomplishment. The only thing that can disappoint you is if you fail a grind when you had it grinded at a pretty good amount. But hey, that's how the game works.

For grinding for the first time as a LV 120 I guess I didn't do too bad, yet I wish I could have done better. The only weapons I feel that got wasted was the Huge Cutter I tried grinding on a non 3* luck day (I've learned my lesson now after seeing it fail on the first grind, now I will ONLY grind on 3* luck days) and trying to get my Crea Doubles that was 4/9 increased. Here is what I have grinded so far:Huge Cutter 3/9
Kan Yu 3/7
Gudda Hon 4/7
Muktengek 5/10
Crea Doubles 4/4
Sweet Death 3/10
Ank Zagza 4/9
Grand Cross 3/10
Fuka-Misaki 4/10
Yamata-Misaki 4/8

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 12:02 AM
I don't like to grind because unless I can get it to 10/10 the little number will bug me. I actually hesitated to grind in PSO sometimes because I didn't like the +1 next to my weapon's name.

Sayara
Mar 3, 2008, 07:44 AM
I hate grinding. It always hurts my teeth afterward :<

drizzle
Mar 3, 2008, 09:03 AM
Twin Fluorescent Bulb 4/4, beat that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reipard
Mar 3, 2008, 09:57 AM
I can sympathize. Bad grinding luck just sucks.

One of these days though, just for the novelty, I want a 0/0 Harisen Battle Fan. It may even be impossible to achieve.

Seority
Mar 3, 2008, 03:04 PM
On 2008-03-03 06:03, drizzle wrote:
Twin Fluorescent Bulb 4/4, beat that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I so totally have one of those!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And I spose I could just use my +3 grinders on my C weaps and try to acheive a 0/0. That acctually seems possible with me! YAY! Hope! =D

Anduril
Mar 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of grining, though I do do it when I have 3* lcuk and remember. I usually just grind up to 2 or 3 and stop, since I just want my weapons to have a nice boost over the weapons they are replacing.

DoubleJG
Mar 3, 2008, 03:26 PM
Grinding pisses me off..

I broke THREE Shatos from 5/9 in a row when using A+10s.

UGH! Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
When my Cast was about level 3 or so, I took advantage of a Gold Star luck day for my main. Starting with the vast fortune I'd made off of photon sales, toward the end of their extreme over-value, I filled my inventory with Snipers and C-rank Grinders. I ground the hell out of those Snipers, and at any time that I might run out of them (this was Pre-AoI, after all-- a lot of good rifles died, that day), I just went and bought more. My eventual result was a single Sniper +9, that I still have. Accuracy issues aside, I couldn't find find a better gun for him, until he started meeting the requirements for A-rank.

Someday, I think I may do the same thing again, but with Phantoms (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1173/phantom/).

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
Or just get him a De Colte Line and keep using that sniper. ;3

Seority
Mar 4, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'm never going to grind AGAIN.
Just thought you should all know that.
<.<;

I had 3* and I attempted to grind something past 4. Ended up with a 4/4. Xo!
Oh yeah. 22 S grinders ended up as: (to make this wonderful 4/4)
+1 9
+2 1
+3 8
+4 2
+5 1
+6 1
I also had a few +3 A ones to waste too.
It was just a lowly 34% Muktrand.
Eventually I tried to get a 0/0 after it broke to 0/5. I can't even do that! :''< I have no hope.. .__.'