PDA

View Full Version : New weapon idea... that requires nothing new.

Randomness
Feb 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
I was thinking along the rant line of there being no new gunner toys in AoI... and remniscing of dual mechs in PSO.

Why not add them as a new weapon in PSU? The models for mechguns already exist in-game, you could use the dual handgun stance, and PAs are just numbers anyway, right?

superdood22
Feb 29, 2008, 04:29 PM
Lol this has been said before and of course many claim that it would be broken (they dont know that they just do it for no reason at all lol).

ST could simply decrease the stats of the weapon significantly, im sure its came up before at the ST headquarters but come on... its ST, they dont know what people want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-02-29 13:35 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 29, 2008, 04:30 PM
On 2008-02-29 13:29, superdood22 wrote:
lol this has been said before and of course many claim that it would be broken (they dont know that they just do it for no reason at all lol).

ST could simply decrease the stats of the weapon significantly, im sure its came up before at the ST headquarters but come on... its ST, they dont know what people want.

Well, that issue came to mind. Dual hanguns have a lot less ATP than singles, but mechs already have like no ATP. Maybe have them reduce your ATP.

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
Dualies are close enough, I'd much rather have an automatic rifle.

Randomness
Feb 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yes, an assualt rifle would work as well. I just like the thought of twin tenora mechs, things are awesome looking.

Kion
Feb 29, 2008, 05:52 PM
twin handguns with a three round burst, i hope there will be such item obtainable.

i'd like to see dual wands that you could smack enemies with. twin saber animation, but it would cast a tech with each swing.

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
Twin mechs would be hella broken, even if the ATP mod was really low.

chaostroop3
Feb 29, 2008, 07:22 PM
they would not be broken at all, think about it.....

dont get it?, they pp whould go down extremly fast so if anything it would be under powerd becouse of the short use time.....

buuuttttt rangers need a boss taker downer any way so i says we need it now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chaostroop3 on 2008-02-29 16:29 ]</font>

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:28 PM
As for a boss killer, Boma Duranga does the job veeeeeery nicely.

Considering I've seen fG's doing 600 or more with a mech... >_> Besides, charges would easily outweigh the PP drain, unless you went through the dual mechs in like 5 seconds.

chaostroop3
Feb 29, 2008, 07:31 PM
mabey >.>

but the pp isent the only thing , you couldnt straf or move as you use in , you cant aim up , you cant do anything besides standing and shooting

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:56 PM
Not being able to move would probably do the job lol

chaostroop3
Feb 29, 2008, 10:50 PM
yup , whould be hard in real life to move while holdinhg two guns that countinuasly fire >.>

then again this isent real life

Aralia
Feb 29, 2008, 11:22 PM
OR, just have the PA have a lower modifier.. or have it calculate the damage differently...

Not being able to move, aim up, etc. is more work than ST would like to put into it, I'm sure.

If they combined the twin handguns with mechguns and modify the damage calculations, they wouldn't be broken and we would be able to have them.

Zorafim
Feb 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
Having something that worked relatively similarly to single mechs, but had much better PP usage, would be what I would imagine. Just something you could flare off all the time, or at least significantly longer than single mechs.

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 11:39 PM
Just reduce the firing rate for each gun.

XenithFlare
Feb 29, 2008, 11:53 PM
Someone say flare? <_<;

I have one thing to add to this discussion, and one thing only:

Stinger missile launcher.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 29, 2008, 11:55 PM
I prefer some GunKata PAs. That'll put some spice into gunning.

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2008, 12:51 AM
But, the only class that can equip katanas are samurai, and their code of honor makes it impossible to equip guns! A mixture of both guns and katanas would make the universe die from the sheer unsense making!
And if a ninja were to take a hold of it... nobody shall be safe.

Kion
Mar 1, 2008, 03:13 AM
Who said anythign about katanas? (and ninja's with guns is a scary and prvokative thought) kata, it's actually defined in the dictionary:

ka·ta [kah-tuh]
noun an exercise consisting of several of the specific movements of a martial art, esp. a pattern prescribed for defending oneself against several attackers, used in judo and karate training.

the reference is from Equilibrium. Good movie, you should watch it. here's a breif summary of the fight scenes (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENh3sQuOmf8&feature=related) for those who haven't scene it. (sorry about the song; there are a couple hundred MV's for the movie, i gave up on finding one with a decent track. )

hell yes to the gunkata idea. that would freaking rock.

Ken_Silver
Mar 1, 2008, 03:40 AM
If Fightgunners can use A ranked rares and we get an A ranked katana saber, you'll get your samurai/ninja with guns. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for the twin Mechgun idea: It'd be so easy to do, but I think we wouldn't see it until another expansion. (If we get one, that is.)

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 03:49 AM
I don't think it could be implemented quite so easily, at least not by the current programmers, also, I sure wouldn't like to see it make the size of my system file jump, I can't just go deleting my brother's save data to make space. >.>;