PDA

View Full Version : light master made me lol: EP3 spoilerz

Zorak000
Feb 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
When ritszu(sp) revealed thet his "ultiment weapon" was the alterazgoug all I could say was...

LOL EPIC PHAIL!!!

I mean come on, that thing doesn't even last 15 seconds on S2 with a goog party. I just had memories of its flashy apperence, then instant death, and I had to laugh at the thought of it being even considered an "avarage weapon"

Kanore
Feb 29, 2008, 05:13 PM
ALTERAZ.... GOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG

JAFO22000
Feb 29, 2008, 05:15 PM
I need to find me a goog party....

Para
Feb 29, 2008, 05:20 PM
BITCH DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT MY ALTERAZ GOHG!

and

IT'S POWER IS OVER 9000!

Btw was there any new partner card or anything?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2008-02-29 14:21 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
Rutsu's ultimate weapon was pretty pathetic, but I think we all saw it coming.

Anga Jabroga- making boss fights a mockery since, well, since it was released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-02-29 14:23 ]</font>

MelanyKoura
Feb 29, 2008, 05:24 PM
Well this saves me the trouble of making a topic... So here's my question:

Do we get a new card from this mission? I kinda thought this time it may be the Divine Maiden or Ethan... Any word?

Kanju
Feb 29, 2008, 05:25 PM
Man, when I got to the end, I thought that since Rutsu took out his robe he was gonna... fight me or something. I facepalmed pretty hard when I found out I had to really fight.

goaferboy
Feb 29, 2008, 05:52 PM
"Behold! I am greenish now!" Most pointless costume change ever.

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 05:57 PM
I killed alteraz with my twin harisen fans, this ammused me.

thebummers
Feb 29, 2008, 06:07 PM
Sounds like no NPC card then. Boo?

Sexy_Raine
Feb 29, 2008, 06:22 PM
My Nova should've used her lv11 Majarra instead of Boma Duranga on Alterzgoug. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Though it was long text, I enjoyed it. Sadly I was hoping to get Karen's Card, and didn't :|

NNEONateDogg
Feb 29, 2008, 06:24 PM
To all questions regarding whether or not you receive a partner card, no you do not receive a partner card.

superdood22
Feb 29, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-02-29 14:15, JAFO22000 wrote:
I need to find me a goog party....

bump goog, i need an ultiment party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superdood22 on 2008-02-29 15:30 ]</font>

Warren683
Feb 29, 2008, 07:16 PM
I wanted a card with Rutsu and his epic costume change. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BFGfreak
Feb 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
I think Rutso needs to visit this site (http://youfail.org/) after revealing his weapon.

Guildenstern
Mar 1, 2008, 12:03 AM
Oh god Rutsu is hot in his green ninja outfit.

We -need- his partner card. Or at least I do.

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2008, 12:49 AM
So, he goes from a one of a kind religious leader's outfit to a common street man's office, and... What, are we supposed to be intimidated or something?

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I fully expected a chance to beat him down with my slicer when he did his wardrobe swap, but then he summoned that Alterazgoug out of freaking nowhere.

Can't say I was too surprised when I saw the temple and the enemies in it.

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2008, 12:55 AM
Something else that confused me... The second mission said that we should kill as few people as possible, and just take out any robot in our way. Well, I ran into few humans along the mission that could be skipped, but many robots. So, whos lives am I not trying to take again?

Gunslinger-08
Mar 1, 2008, 01:02 AM
On 2008-02-29 21:55, Zorafim wrote:
Something else that confused me... The second mission said that we should kill as few people as possible, and just take out any robot in our way. Well, I ran into few humans along the mission that could be skipped, but many robots. So, whos lives am I not trying to take again?

Supposedly, you knock them out, but don't finish them off. Robots don't matter.

Anduril
Mar 1, 2008, 01:08 AM
See, Newman's do get summons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But I felt so bad for Rutsu when he called on the Alterazgoug, kinda like seeing one of my parents do something really embarrassing in front of people.

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 01:17 AM
I just killed everything I came across. >.>;

Masterflower
Mar 1, 2008, 01:22 AM
Everyone hating on Rutsu <_< He dont need a Dragon to whoop ass, its cuz everyone is a newman/neudaiz hater, thats why their transfer ticket isnt out yet - .-;

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
Rutsu called me a miscreant! He shan't be forgiven! D:<

Anduril
Mar 1, 2008, 01:50 AM
Rutsu just fell into the trap of power, like so many others have done so Historically. Totally forgivable, But what isn't forgivable is the fact that I can't make my male Newman's face look like his....

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2008, 02:39 AM
It's a shame he's the one who caries the name of Lutz. He'd better do something completely badass later on to make it up.

Hm, let me see... Tyrone is seen in Tylor, leader of Moatoob. Lutz is seen in Rutsu, leader of Neudaiz. Laia is probably a throwback to Alis, somehow, so...

Parum's being run by a cat?

Ken_Silver
Mar 1, 2008, 03:29 AM
LOL. Chapter 3 had me LOL at everything.

For one, Laia went to sleep while we went out to go and kick dragon/newman/communion arse.

Then, Hyuga was acting like he had ADD or something every ten seconds or something (No offense meant here.) That or he just watched that epileptic seizure episode of Pokemon.

This is followed by Lumia trying to boss "you" around even though you are her teacher (and almost all of her options seemed wrong. Even if she played Hyuga and hid "idea" of flirting with some girl.)

Next is Rutsu's re-inactment of what NOT to wear, coupled with him calling everyone who is against him a miscreant and topped off by the worst example of a WMD ever in a video game: The Alterazgoug.

So for me, Chapter 3 wins for me, because everyone else in it but the main character fails!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I had fun typing this too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 03:32 AM
Maybe Sonic Team will take pity on poor Alteraz and give him more HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 1, 2008, 09:56 AM
Doubt it. Alteraz seems to fit the Newman stereotype of crap HP, which doesn't really work in boss fights. I keep hoping S2 ends up being a challenge, but I kinda doubt that after DRL S2.

Randomness
Mar 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
On 2008-02-29 15:22, Sexy_Raine wrote:
My Nova should've used her lv11 Majarra instead of Boma Duranga on Alterzgoug. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Though it was long text, I enjoyed it. Sadly I was hoping to get Karen's Card, and didn't :|

Yeah. Right at the end you even get the animation of handing stuff to someone, I'm like "YES! Karen's card!"

And then nothing. SEGA needs to give us it now.

On a side note, does Hyuga have any drops?

Kylie
Mar 1, 2008, 03:16 PM
I imagined him going from >=D to D= before he finished the sentence.

Gemel
Mar 1, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hyuga gave me a neutral crimsonline for beating him xD

Sinue_v2
Mar 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
On 2008-02-29 23:39, Zorafim wrote:
It's a shame he's the one who caries the name of Lutz. He'd better do something completely badass later on to make it up.

Yeah, I should have known better than to get my hopes up. I held Tylor and Rutsu to higher standards, but when it came time for their characters to really develop they just ended up in a cliche 2-dimensional grab for power and "learn their lesson" by the end of the episode. Bah.

Hm, let me see... Tyrone is seen in Tylor, leader of Moatoob. Lutz is seen in Rutsu, leader of Neudaiz. Laia is probably a throwback to Alis, somehow, so...

Tylor is based on Tyler, the space pirate/resistance fighter from PSII - but originally I guess he was intended to be Tyrone's descendant... soo, yeah it still works. And I think Laya is more a throwback to Alys/Lyla. Cept not as smart, competent, or likable.

Parum's being run by a cat

Kind of Wizard of Oz "don't look behind the curtain" deal. The leader of Parum is really the "Old Man" who rules over the land with his impressive shuttlecock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-03-01 14:03 ]</font>

Dragwind
Mar 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
I found it so funny how you just fight the thing out of seemingly no where.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 1, 2008, 07:25 PM
Neudaiz apparently invested in Portal tech. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chuck_Norris
Mar 1, 2008, 07:40 PM
On 2008-02-29 21:52, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Yeah, I fully expected a chance to beat him down with my slicer when he did his wardrobe swap, but then he summoned that Alterazgoug out of freaking nowhere.

This PROVES that newmans will get summons! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Omega_Weltall
Mar 1, 2008, 10:42 PM
lol Newmans get an Alterazoug SUMMUNZ and Humans get Seed form http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Mar 2, 2008, 12:00 AM
I keep waiting for PSU to have a good guy named Reipard La Shiec or some bastardization thereof to show up.

Ken_Silver
Mar 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
On 2008-03-01 19:42, Omega_Weltall wrote:
lol Newmans get an Alterazoug SUMMUNZ and Humans get Seed form http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n5P1XBq6_tc

The proper response to the Human SEED nanoblast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-03-01 21:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-03-01 21:56 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Mar 2, 2008, 12:56 AM
Lol, so the story is getting even worse?

ilovetypemoon
Mar 2, 2008, 01:06 AM
On 2008-03-01 21:56, Reginaldo wrote:
Lol, so the story is getting even worse?

Well, compared to the last two chapters, chapter 3's ending was very lackluster and underwhelming. Seriously, wtf is "I learned my lesson." Although The script had me thinking Rutsu's intentions weren't that bad at all and that Ethan didn't know squat about anything.

Aries2384
Mar 2, 2008, 01:08 AM
I choose YOU ALTERAZ GOOOOOOUG!
That mission was funny. I really wanted to beat Rutsu.
And I could think with much of laughter of Laia recieving the message of Rutsu granting use of the LSS to the guardians with your character beating him in the back ground.

Sinue_v2
Mar 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
Seriously, wtf is "I learned my lesson." Although The script had me thinking Rutsu's intentions weren't that bad at all and that Ethan didn't know squat about anything.

Exactly. It would have been better if Karen and Ethan were rather in the dark, and Rutsu's selfish actions only appeared so on the surface, but served a far greater good. When the twist was revealed, it would be Ethan and Karen proving themselves capable to Rutsu - allowing him to ease off his morally questionable means of salvation in favor of helping the heroes.

Instead it's just:

"Gib LLS"

"NO I r teh Holy"

"U DIK"

"ALTERZOUG LOL"

*ALTERZOUG DIE*

"LOL"

"IM SRY! PLZ DUN HURT MEH!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-03-02 15:27 ]</font>

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 2, 2008, 07:16 PM
On 2008-03-02 15:24, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Seriously, wtf is "I learned my lesson." Although The script had me thinking Rutsu's intentions weren't that bad at all and that Ethan didn't know squat about anything.

Exactly. It would have been better if Karen and Ethan were rather in the dark, and Rutsu's selfish actions only appeared so on the surface, but served a far greater good. When the twist was revealed, it would be Ethan and Karen proving themselves capable to Rutsu - allowing him to ease off his morally questionable means of salvation in favor of helping the heroes.

Instead it's just:

"Gib LLS"

"NO I r teh Holy"

"U DIK"

"ALTERZOUG LOL"

*ALTERZOUG DIE*

"LOL"

"IM SRY! PLZ DUN HURT MEH!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-03-02 15:27 ]</font>

Lol'd MUCH more than I should have. Yeah, despite the slightly higher production values, this story doesn't seem to be getting any more interesting (damn Ep.2 chpt.10 getting my hopes up).

Ken_Silver
Mar 2, 2008, 07:56 PM
I beg to differ. While I expected Rutsu to be wrong, if he was right, that would be saying "being Sel-fiz is TEH fUTUrez!" and " i Savz tEH neWManZ! sO nOWZ i'M GoD!" There could've been more of a twist, but if all of the juicy stuff came to light in Chapter 3, we'd have nothing for the other chapters (slight exaggeration.) I see it this way, every story needs it's high points and low points and since Chapters 1 and 2 of Episode 3 were on the Epic side, this one was a bit less. This also explains why we got it so soon after Chapter 2.

The point of this chapter was to get the Communion to help out and find out why they were being pricks about helping the Guardians in the first place and to introduce the new HIVE planet, which I want to learn a lot more about and how it fits into the storyline.

If the rest of Episode 3 is like Chapter 3, then I'd be pissed. But I don't think that will happen.

SJW89
Mar 2, 2008, 08:24 PM
On 2008-02-29 14:09, Zorak000 wrote:
When ritszu(sp) revealed thet his "ultiment weapon" was the alterazgoug all I could say was...

LOL EPIC PHAIL!!!

I mean come on, that thing doesn't even last 15 seconds on S2 with a goog party. I just had memories of its flashy apperence, then instant death, and I had to laugh at the thought of it being even considered an "avarage weapon"

LOL EPIC PHONICS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Good thing "Epic Fail" is an adjective. Oh wait, it's not?

BFGfreak
Mar 3, 2008, 02:31 AM
On 2008-03-01 13:59, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Yeah, I should have known better than to get my hopes up. I held Tylor and Rutsu to higher standards, but when it came time for their characters to really develop they just ended up in a cliche 2-dimensional grab for power and "learn their lesson" by the end of the episode. Bah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-03-01 14:03 ]</font>
What were you expecting, Walker Texas Ranger? As for the story, I guess beating Rutsu was satisfying enough (although I still would have prefered if he was hiding something, and you had the choice to beat it out of him) Though after getting our hopes up, I hope that we will get Karen's card at a later date (Idealy, with lv 10 class, lv31+ skills, giresta instead of resta, and spams it more often, and a hidden B St, so the more you use her, the stronger she'll get)

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 3, 2008, 03:20 AM
This mission was the funniest part of story mode I can recall doing (but I've pretty much forgotten most of the epic fail that was Episode 1). With Laia sleeping on the job, the president's assistant guy being a wuss, Maia considering me diligent after Laia fell asleep (yeah, real diligent, I didn't bother to do that last story mission till like a week ago!), and of course Rutsu's continual disgrace of the blue-haired bastard the classic fans know and love, this mission idn't come short on the comedy at all.

Oh, but my favorite part, by far, was when Ethan asked if I knew what was going on. And I said yes, and he started going emo about how how I'd know. FOURTH WALL, MOTHERFUCKERRRR!

On 2008-02-29 23:39, Zorafim wrote:

Parum's being run by a cat?

Well, it's already being run by CAsTs...
*hears a green-skinned priest typing LOL in the distance*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-03-03 00:24 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 3, 2008, 09:34 AM
I loled at:

Ethan: Sorry Jag, it's a really long story. I'll have to fill you in later...
Jag: np, I alredy know everything
Ethan: (total confusion)

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 3, 2008, 09:43 AM
Lol, now I wanna suffer through it again to try it for some reason.

@Ken: I'd be supremely pissed if the rest of Ep.3 is this bad, myself.

Sinue_v2
Mar 3, 2008, 01:54 PM
What were you expecting, Walker Texas Ranger?

I dunno, Quality? Is that too much to ask these days? They had such a good opportunity to really build up the Rutzu character and his role in the storyline - but they completely wasted it on some trite children's anime style cliche where the young kid/teen going on nothing but "strength of spirit" overcomes everything with his never-say-die will and defies the impossible. Of course, this also means that everyone in the storyline - no matter how experienced, knowledgeable, older, wiser, influential, etc ends up bowing down and sucking them off because the only thing that can possibly save the day is this kid's schizophrenic belief that reality means absolutely jack all and anything can be overcome with the power of friendship - Belive it!. Any characters which might seem as though they might throw a wrench into the formula will immediately be brought down by the lowest common denominator and end up following this looney-toon teenager. In PSU's case, the grasp for power.

MayLee
Mar 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
I saw it comming, but was still hoping he'd pull out something awesome. Rumor is going around that he has a Rutsurod. olololololo

Rutsu: You will fall on the edges of my blades.. GO ALTREZGOUG!!

Jakosifer
Mar 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Woah story mission 3 is out? <_< *gets back on*

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 3, 2008, 08:42 PM
Heh..I would have liked to see a more "YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO THE GUARDIANS OR ELSE BE DESTROYED BY THE ILLUMINUS---AND US!!" sort of attitude or at least something like "Hey retards, if you work with us we can DESTROY the enemy instead of just hiding behind some Maiden-killing shield until we eventually die!"

By the way, whatever happened to Hyuga? Didn't all the good guys basically let him wander around and possibly go all Parasite Eve on the whole planet?

Gunslinger-08
Mar 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:54, Sinue_v2 wrote:
They had such a good opportunity to really build up the Rutzu character and his role in the storyline - but they completely wasted it on some trite children's anime style cliche where the young kid/teen going on nothing but "strength of spirit" overcomes everything with his never-say-die will and defies the impossible.

Sad, but true.

lol, I was just thinking, what if ST goes all Drakengard on us and [spoiler-box] just kills everyone they possibly can by the end of the story? While I doubt they'll do anything near that depressing, I think they could take some pointers in terms of story depth from some other games out there.[/spoiler-box]

I think they need to drop the idea that everyone can be turned and completely change their opinion with a single defeat. Hadn't Rutsu and the Maiden been fighting over what the CoG should have been doing? I found it strange that simply having his dragon lose suddenly changes his mind on what he should be doing, and what's best for the Communion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2008-03-03 17:59 ]</font>

Finalzone
Mar 4, 2008, 01:14 AM
Rutsu realized he was so close to be totally as corrupted as Mirei/Karen's father, Dohgi Mikuma. I think the point of the story is show how flawed the GoG was by only help Neudaiz. Let see how the next episode will turn out.

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2008, 01:59 AM
On 2008-03-03 10:54, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I dunno, Quality? Is that too much to ask these days? They had such a good opportunity to really build up the Rutzu character and his role in the storyline - but they completely wasted it on some trite children's anime style cliche where the young kid/teen going on nothing but "strength of spirit" overcomes everything with his never-say-die will and defies the impossible. Of course, this also means that everyone in the storyline - no matter how experienced, knowledgeable, older, wiser, influential, etc ends up bowing down and sucking them off because the only thing that can possibly save the day is this kid's schizophrenic belief that reality means absolutely jack all and anything can be overcome with the power of friendship - Belive it!. Any characters which might seem as though they might throw a wrench into the formula will immediately be brought down by the lowest common denominator and end up following this looney-toon teenager. In PSU's case, the grasp for power.

I think you just explained everything Japan spits out nowadays.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2008, 01:59 AM
I liked that this chapter means that CoG will stop acting like a bunch of pompous nuggets so we can fight something fun instead of arguing with armed servants all day.

Hyda
Mar 4, 2008, 02:05 AM
On 2008-03-03 22:59, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I liked that this chapter means that CoG will stop acting like a bunch of pompous nuggets so we can fight something fun instead of arguing with armed servants all day.

I agree, though you still have to whip those servants into shape. Show'em whos boss.