PDA

View Full Version : Online: De colte line???

Ajeter23
Feb 29, 2008, 07:04 PM
does anyone know if its any good....i hear it raise your evp by alot and has no dfp but does it have any special effects or watever >_> just wanna know if its worth gettin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-02 11:22 ]</font>

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
It depends. Don't forget you sacrifice that DFP for +20 STA too.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-02-29 16:06, SylviaEspada wrote:
It depends. Don't forget you sacrifice that DFP for +20 STA too.

Which with a female, or any ranger class, will give you over 31 STA, which will make you imune to any SE the enemies are packing right now.

NNEONateDogg
Feb 29, 2008, 07:31 PM
If you combine the De Colte Line with the 2* GRM rifle "Sniper", it adds +275 ATP, +80 ATA, and +50 EVP.

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Depends on your class, pretty useless for fighters, but great for gunners and techers

Telina
Feb 29, 2008, 09:40 PM
since we're on the subject, anyone know what percent on the armor you get from the trade mission?

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 09:41 PM
Neutral.

pikachief
Feb 29, 2008, 09:41 PM
On 2008-02-29 18:40, Telina wrote:
since we're on the subject, anyone know what percent on the armor you get from the trade mission?

a whopping 0

Telina
Feb 29, 2008, 09:46 PM
blarg, i was hoping it would be random...but i should have known....oh well

Syl
Feb 29, 2008, 09:47 PM
Not like it matters lol, 1 DFP is just lol for %'s

Weeaboolits
Feb 29, 2008, 09:47 PM
I don't mind it, I wanted green anyway. That's really the most appropriate color for Monofluid.

Masterflower
Mar 1, 2008, 01:25 AM
From what i seen, I seem to block more often then before. Surprising the damage i take when getting hit doesnt seem to be any different from my other armors <.<

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 01:27 AM
The best part of De Colte Line is the STA, I haven't had it that long, but I've yet to suffer a single megid related death or be tagged with any SE since equipping it.

Masterflower
Mar 1, 2008, 01:30 AM
<.< I noticed that as well, When i ran that Black Nest mission, i had yet to die once in that place <.<

Weeaboolits
Mar 1, 2008, 01:41 AM
It really is a nice techer armor, if I ever get a decent card I can take better advantage of the slots, bullet pp save doesn't do much if you never use them. >.>;

magicman34
Mar 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmm, OK, So who exactly is this armour of use too??

Only rangers, guntechers and fortegunners can use rifles in order to get the bonus as it only works when the rifle is in use and not just in you pallette.

If you're a CAST, you loose the ability to use an SUV cos there's no extra slot.

I appreciate it's useless for hunter types, as i tried out getting hit and the damage between a crimson line and the de colte was double.

As for it been a nice techer armour, it's a huge drop in DEF compared to say an orpa-senba and has no elemental %, so haven't tried it yet, but does it mean we go from 2 hit death down to instant death or 1HP?

+20 may mean your almost never gonna get an SE, but the drop in ment will mean magical attacks do more damage too yes/no??

Sorry for being thick, but it's Sunday and my mind is in sleep mode and not making sense of all this.

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2008, 01:39 PM
To be fair, with that amount of STA, there's no need for a Body slot (for a /Rainbow unit or /Resist unit), and there's no real need for an Extra slot if you aren't a Cast.

If I can scrounge up the materials for one, I'll get it.

Aries2384
Mar 2, 2008, 02:09 PM
I got one and I frickin love it! Only problem is it's on my cast so I can't use my Suv. Oh well. But I like it.
Im using a 5 grinded Sniper and it does 40 dmg less than my 4 grind Blackbull with the De Colte Line on. Its not bad at all. Accuracy seems to suffer alittle bit but it wasnt too bad. You just gotta deal with using a C rank rifle. Haha

XenithFlare
Mar 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
I would hate not having an Extra slot... not because of the lack of SUV, but because I wouldn't be able to use my PP/Generate ><

And how much sense does it make to have a Head slot as opposed to an Extra? O.o; If it goes together with the Sniper, why would a ranger need a Head unit in the first place?

Jarek
Mar 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
On 2008-03-02 11:36, XenithFlare wrote:

And how much sense does it make to have a Head slot as opposed to an Extra? O.o; If it goes together with the Sniper, why would a ranger need a Head unit in the first place?

Well, guntecher can make use of it. (har/quick, sori/tech charge, etc.)

I've been using it on my fT, and it seems all right. A Svaltus did stun me once though, so it's not total immunity. But it certainly helps.

Kietrinia
Mar 2, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't like it due to the lack of Extra and Body slots..

I've a PP generate unit that I like, and my Orpad/Legs gives me a bigger EVP boost than switching to a De Colte Line will give me.

Serafi-senba also gives an extra 20 acc and 20 TP. I'll live with the status effects thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Poncho_Jr
Mar 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
The name made me think it'd be a Dark tye. =/

Magus_84
Mar 2, 2008, 07:58 PM
I've got one on a Human Male Guntecher. It's not total status immunity on a male Gunner-type, but it's pretty close. I've been hit with SEs maybe 4 times so far, and I've yet to die from Megid.

The increased damage from techs is the only problem, but it's still survivable, especially if you've got buffs up and a Giresta Heal Over Time buffer built up.

I don't see what other classes would really want to use it, but it's working well on my GT so far.

panzer_unit
Mar 3, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm loving DeColte as a GT as well. Tech Charge + Bullet Save and I'm good to go.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 3, 2008, 10:02 AM
Har / Quick and a Bullet / Save perfect for most Guntechers....best on humans, but honestly not too bad on my CAST, still miss my SUV

MayLee
Mar 3, 2008, 10:11 AM
De Colte Line is best for Ranger class, I cannot equp the Line sheild just yet but I let a friend use mine and it works well for an Acrofighter.

I'm using it for my Fortegunner.

You get like +1 DFP
300 EVA
And like 31 or something STA

So basically you are immune to Statis effects over level one?

So basically, You can stand infront of a Deljaban's Megis and wont get incompasitated by it.

I also heard the board drops later on, I hope so, Neutral to me isn't the best of choice for an armor.

MayLee
Mar 3, 2008, 10:18 AM
Also, I may be wrong about this but I don't know if the De Colte Line is made for a CAST Then again when I was wearing it I was A Female CAST Fortefighter. But I am sure the armor makes up for not haing a SUV. You could always charge your your SUV on another armor and then use it and switch the Colte Line, then again it could be pointless.

Neith
Mar 3, 2008, 11:37 AM
I tried a De Colte Line out on a Beast fF, in Dark Satellite S2. Worked great against Deljabans, haven't been killed by them once yet. I tested the melee damage I took too.

With a 24% Dark Delette Line, and Defbaride, I was taking roughly 120-160 damage from a Lv110 Deljaban's melee attacks. With the De Colte Line, this damage was around 220-240. Admittedly I didn't test for long, but if anyone wants me to to a longer test, I can.

However, for a fF at least, it is NOT suitable as your only armour in Hive. I noticed that SEED-Vitace tentacles were stunlocking me (whereas they very rarely hurt me with the Delette Line). Obviously, things like Gaozoran Foie hurt more, and enemies which don't use Megid (like Sendillans) I took a little more damage from (not too noticable though).

I'd say it's very useful if you get a Deljaban map though, at least until Vijeri / Resist is released.

RedCoKid
Mar 3, 2008, 02:21 PM
I didn't notice much difference between De Colte Line and 24% dark Shinowa Line (+ Hard / Stamina) in Rykros this weekend. 300 damage on DCL vs. 100-200 on Shinowa maybe? How often do I get hit for damage anyway? With >1200 EVA including either of those two armors on a Lv120 AT 15, it ain't much. And with giresta running nonstop... lol I'd stand in front of those turrets for fun if I knew it wouldn't annoy my party.

Until Vijeri / Resist comes out, DCL is your megid resistance.

Sasamichan
Mar 4, 2008, 03:01 AM
I don't really get why its set with a Sniper.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2008, 08:14 AM
On 2008-03-04 00:01, Sasamichan wrote:
I don't really get why its set with a Sniper.I'm certainly not complaining, Snipers are cheap to batch grind, and were it paired with a stronger rifle the bonus would likely be smaller.

panzer_unit
Mar 4, 2008, 09:45 AM
On 2008-03-04 00:01, Sasamichan wrote:
I don't really get why its set with a Sniper.

It's because using a different weapon from everyone else is cool. Sniper stands out from the usual A's and Blackbulls.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
Also it allows you to humiliate enemies by killing them with a 2* rifle.