PDA

View Full Version : Constructive Q about PA experience boost

ratisiri
Feb 29, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hi,
Can any one that plays JP server inform me how much boost the PA experience really is? I am in for the boost. However, I want to know whether or not I should put off lvling gi-magic. If the boost is significant, then I will wait for it, and level something that is currently fast to level.

Thank you so much in advance.

Mikura
Feb 29, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm not from the JP servers but by all indications from what others have mentioned in other threads, the boost seems to be pretty dramatic. I think it's safe to put off your Gi-spells if you want to wait.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with lvling them now just to have a little bit of a head start but that decision is entirely up to you.

Dragwind
Feb 29, 2008, 11:46 PM
From what I'm being told its quite significant. I'd hold off lvling your current PA's for a while if you wish.

ratisiri
Mar 1, 2008, 04:14 PM
Awww, I thought it wont be significant. Anyways, I guess I will wait to level the ones that are hard to level. Can anyone give me the order list of spells that from easiest to level to the hardest? I am not really sure; newbie to force spells.

Like gi- line spells are the hardest? I would really appreciate anyone posting it or direct me to the previous posts. I want the order for offensive spells please

Thanks!!

Mystic_Nessly
Mar 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hmm. From experience, I can tell you from descending difficulty:
The basic spells take the longest. Regardless of if you hit multiple enemies when using these spells to level them, they WILL take a long time to level. You should keep in mind though, that their PP consumpion is a fraction compared to the other attack techs(save for Megid), so you don't have to worry about spamming and losing PP as quickly.

The Gi-spells a little bit easier. I find them harder to level than RA spells simply because you have to put yourself at risk going in the middle of the battle to get some targets. It's also pretty tough leveling these spells because of the really small range of the spells at lower levels (and even at higher levels, still. The range of Gi spells was decreased sometime before AoI was released). However, The small range gains that you get at 11 and 21 definitely help to tag targets.

The RA spells, I've found relatively easy to level. It may just be because I use these the most anyway. They're easy to target enemies, most of the time (flyers, badiras, and other fast moving baddies call for the help of DAM spells and GI spells). Also, they hit enemies instantly unlike the simple spells which have to travel to the target. The range improvement gained from 11,21 and 31 is significant. From 1-30, tagging 3 targets is easy(at lv31 they can target 4).

The DAM spells are by far the easiest attack spells to level. They're range is really good, even at low levels. You can just cast a Dam spell in front of a charging group of baddies and, often, you will stop them in their tracks because of the flinching, making for easy spell leveling.

Powder Keg
Mar 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
I can't wait until US gets this update. Some PA's take just a liiiiiiitle bit too long. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ratisiri
Mar 1, 2008, 05:34 PM
So, let me get this straight. It is Dam > Ra > Gi > Basic spells, correct? Anyone cares to chime in on this?

Thank you for your feedbacks!!

ratisiri
Mar 1, 2008, 05:37 PM
Also, more specific question. I purchased Nosdiga. So, I need feedback on how fast it levels please. If considering that Nosdiga is kind of dam spells, then it should level fast, correct?

ilovetypemoon
Mar 1, 2008, 07:13 PM
On 2008-03-01 14:37, ratisiri wrote:
Also, more specific question. I purchased Nosdiga. So, I need feedback on how fast it levels please. If considering that Nosdiga is kind of dam spells, then it should level fast, correct?

It levels fairly slow until 11 where it gets 2 snakes shooting out. Needless to say, it gets faster when there are 3 snakes at level 21.

Mystil
Mar 1, 2008, 07:45 PM
*knows how fast they will be with the update but since nobody on JP has posted "the differences" yet, I guess it's supposed to be some kind of big surprise*

ratisiri
Mar 1, 2008, 07:54 PM
Ok, hopefully it will level faster. Mine is at lv 9 atm. Anyways, so no one in JP server notices no noticeable improvement in PA experience??

shotsfired
Mar 1, 2008, 07:56 PM
On 2008-03-01 16:45, Mystil wrote:
*knows how fast they will be with the update but since nobody on JP has posted "the differences" yet, I guess it's supposed to be some kind of big surprise*

what??!

I cant wait for this either, I have some spells in the mid 20's that I really want to get to 31, animations are f-ing sick after 30...

Itsuki
Mar 2, 2008, 03:45 AM
Since none of the percents on my PAs changed, my guess is they didn't mess with the actual EXP required, but instead modified the EXP gained per hit.

Now, with that said, it used to be 1 EXP per hit gained. Unless they changed it from being an int variable, then you can conclude they would have to multiply that by a set amount. Meaning, its probably either 2x exp or 3x exp.

But from experience, it feels like its 2x exp. Perhaps I should run some tests and see.

Anyways, if anyone wants to check some numbers against the US server, I can't currently since my account isn't active. But if someone wants to, heres some quick info from me:

Handgun (might not be perfect, but will be close)
Level 1 -> 2 = 86 hits
Level 2 -> 3 = 112 hits

Dagger (Butenshunrenzan) (less accurate because its harder to count perfectly with skills)
Level 1 -> 2 = 55-ish hits
Level 2 -> 3 = 65-ish hits

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2008-03-02 01:16 ]</font>

Jarek
Mar 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
(US server)
All right, I checked out handgun.
By my count it took:
Level 1 -> 2 = 255 hits
Level 2 -> 3 = 337 hits

Buten was:
Level 1 -> 2 = ~93 hits
Level 2 -> 3 = ~113 hits

TheFonz
Mar 2, 2008, 02:41 PM
Any word of when this PA boost will come to the US servers? (Also what's the boost like for Technics?)

Urtri
Mar 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
So it appears that Bullet PA growth has been increased 3 fold based on the info ive seen so far. (some figures ive seen here and else where...)

Handgun - Lvl 1 -> 3 - 198 hits needed (after Boost) / 592 hits needed (before)
Rifle - Starting with a lvl 1 elemental Bullet - 400 PP used - 110% gain (After) / 33% (before)

Skill PA growth has been Doubled (only based on data in this thread but hopefully...)

Now all we need is for someone to try this manner with Techs (i.e. get a new tech and count hits to lvl 2 and then 3) and we can know the Growth boost they Got.

Xtian913
Mar 2, 2008, 06:00 PM
Wow, only 86 bullets, down from 250+...?? That PA EXP growth sounds almost like its on par with Offline...

Mystil
Mar 2, 2008, 06:06 PM
On 2008-03-02 11:41, TheFonz wrote:
Any word of when this PA boost will come to the US servers? (Also what's the boost like for Technics?)

System updates usually come to us the following week.

But lets assume ST wants to be mean and we wont get this until our version of that cup(long ways away).

LeMan_Bayon
Mar 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-03-02 12:17, Urtri wrote:

Now all we need is for someone to try this manner with Techs (i.e. get a new tech and count hits to lvl 2 and then 3) and we can know the Growth boost they Got.

Old foie 1->2 = ~72 hits
new foie 1->2 = ~34 hits

Old rafoie 1->2 = ~140
new rafoie 1->2 = ~72

Old gizonde 1->2 = ~124
new gizonde 1->2 = ~68

Old shifta 1->2 = ~129
new shifta 1->2 = ~66

So I guess techs are about 2x faster as well. I was also thinking, since this is a system update, will it require the 360 to download a patch? If so, there may be the usual "microsoft" delay/issue. -.-

Itsuki
Mar 2, 2008, 08:44 PM
3x for bullets, 2x for everything else really is kinda nice. I magine there may be more changes to it and its probably too early to do a blanket statement, but it still looks good.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 2, 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh man that will make it so much nicer to lvl my bullets up....and it's probably old already but aren't rifles getting one hell of a boost past 31 soon?

norrisj15
Mar 2, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm tired of them making this too easy. Stuff isn't too hard to lvl as it is. geez. I mean its cool n all eveyone and their grandmother will have nice PA lvls not woohoo. All the melee PA's are already extremely easy to lvl up. They shouldn't have changed that IMO, but I'm not listened to so whatever. They should work on improving the ranger classes not making the bullet lvling process easier, because once you get'm to 31+ ur still behind melee classes.

PALRAPPYS
Mar 2, 2008, 09:51 PM
On 2008-03-02 18:47, norrisj15 wrote:
I'm tired of them making this too easy. Stuff isn't too hard to lvl as it is. geez. I mean its cool n all eveyone and their grandmother will have nice PA lvls not woohoo. All the melee PA's are already extremely easy to lvl up. They shouldn't have changed that IMO, but I'm not listened to so whatever. They should work on improving the ranger classes not making the bullet lvling process easier, because once you get'm to 31+ ur still behind melee classes.

I sadly have to agree... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PSU is getting easier and easier... it's not that hard to level your PA's now... only a few needed improvement... *eyes Absolute Dance*

DarkEliteRico
Mar 2, 2008, 10:15 PM
On 2008-03-02 18:51, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2008-03-02 18:47, norrisj15 wrote:

I sadly have to agree... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PSU is getting easier and easier... it's not that hard to level your PA's now... only a few needed improvement... *eyes Absolute Dance*

Still eyes any and all rifle bullets, took me less time with double saber PA's then my rifles....goodness i want to choke someone when i think of lvl'ing them

Dhylec
Mar 2, 2008, 10:24 PM
Heh, no matter how hard ST might try, the will never satisfy everyone. I'd hate to be in their shoes when it comes to re-balancing/re-adjusting things in this game. ;]

Itsuki
Mar 2, 2008, 10:30 PM
personally, I think it was a much needed change with the EXP changes that came with AoI. I mean, unless you're a hunter, you can get to max level and barely have anything over 21, unless you took time out to level PAs.

This isn't FFXI where it requires a life commitment to get anything done. And I think ST is trying to make it as appealing and forgiving to newcomers as possible.

Reipard
Mar 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
So I guess techs are about 2x faster as well. I was also thinking, since this is a system update, will it require the 360 to download a patch? If so, there may be the usual "microsoft" delay/issue. -.-

Doubtful. All it really requires is a change in the database- that can happen on Sega's end.

Shou
Mar 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
If PAs would have lvled this fast from the begining you would'nt have thought they were lvling fast. This only show how much this game was messed up from the begining. Remember when Protransers had 0 s-ranks, WT had 2 and so on? And remember the class PA caps? LOL

This also shows how, even to the game creators themselves, PSU ver.1 was nothing like they had planned! All you can do is go with the flow. Slowly, PSU is becoming a better, more fun, game that ST wanted in the first place.

end/rant

I bet $100 that ST will nerf JA for melee attacks. In time, next expansion maybe? Hopefully...

Yuneiko
Mar 2, 2008, 10:50 PM
On 2008-03-02 19:24, Dhylec wrote:
Heh, no matter how hard ST might try, the will never satisfy everyone. I'd hate to be in their shoes when it comes to re-balancing/re-adjusting things in this game. ;]

I must say, a fellow player of mine already made a comic expressing that exact feeling.

http://www.adultimum.net/rw/comics/321-FacedeskCountdown.jpg (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/321.htm)

Lamak
Mar 2, 2008, 11:19 PM
That comic made me smile. Honestly, maybe I can finish leveling Megid when we get this update.

danny_o
Apr 2, 2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry to revive a semi-dated thread, but I couldn't find any newer ones discussing this PA experience boost.

So... NA/EU servers and Xbox servers tend to be 7~8 weeks behind the JP servers... that means in another month we get this update? Maybe?

That would be cool, I guess I can just a whole mess of White Beast or whatever until then. I need to get some regular experience.

Boy am I glad I only worked on 3 x-bow bullets instead of all 6...

Astarin
Apr 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
Recent news has indicated that NA/EU servers are getting the PA experience update on April 25, along with the MAG update and bullet/GT boost.

Golto
Apr 2, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm glad bullets are getting a better exp boost. Its not fun playing for almost 3 hours straight getting a rifle bullet rom lvl 30 to 31.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2008-04-02 18:43 ]</font>