PDA

View Full Version : Troublsome Class leveling

bryanwillis7
Mar 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
Well I really want to get ArcoFighter badly! But the thing is that I have to go and play classes that I hate! I can't stand ranger and really do not want to level it much longer, but I have to get my class rank to level 5... I completed a few field missions and my rank went up very slowly... impossibly slowly... To make things worse I tried to level up my rank with a mission, and I got C rank with NO class experience awarded due to me not meeting the impossible time constraints given! I am really frustrated because I just wanna be an arcofighter already... but I have to jump through these impossibly hard hoops... I guess my general question is what should I do to get my rank up quickly? And exactly how can I go about doing this quickly so I can get over with leveling the much hated ranger to level 5 and Hunter to level 3... Thank you for your help on this. =P

mvffin
Mar 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
go play true darkness on C... if you're at level 30 or so, it shouldn't be too hard. there's probably parties there you can join too... you'll class level pretty fast there, its just very tedious running the same mission super fast every 5 minutes. i think it took 7 runs to get from lvl 1-5 of basic classes.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 1, 2008, 07:59 PM
If you're on PC, I'll help you by doing some of the AMF Subway mission. That earns some serious MP. Shoot me a PM.

Seority
Mar 1, 2008, 08:04 PM
The best thing to do is wait for events. Got to acrofighter 10 in like 5 of those runs XD, other then that, joining other C parties and doing them as fast as you can is the best.

Noblewine
Mar 1, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ligthtning Beast. It's a good area to power level and traps can also drop there from destroying mine. The AMF missions aren't a bad mission to run either.

nooblet
Mar 1, 2008, 09:12 PM
go do this mission

http://psupedia.info/Military_Subway

Gunslinger-08
Mar 1, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-03-01 18:00, Pillar wrote:
Desert Terror S2. That's all I'm going to say.

His siggy says he's new. You really think he can access that? :

Jakosifer
Mar 1, 2008, 10:39 PM
Military Subway C = At least one class level a run for the basic classes

AnimeBoy33
Mar 1, 2008, 10:44 PM
Try White Beasts,thats how i mangaged to get my characters to Advance classes

Seority
Mar 1, 2008, 10:49 PM
On 2008-03-01 18:13, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

On 2008-03-01 18:00, Pillar wrote:
Desert Terror S2. That's all I'm going to say.

His siggy says he's new. You really think he can access that? :

XD
Don't forget parties now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Stop soloing! Shouldn't do that till you cap foo. Lol.

Tigereye
Mar 2, 2008, 03:52 AM
Assuming you don't get Forest Of Illusion, True Darkness and Desert Terror give the best returns on investment for time as far as MP's concerned.

Solo: True Darkness C (44 MP per run and it can be done in 3-4 minutes and is also great for PM leveling)
Group: Desert Terror S2 (404 MP per run); True Darkness is a possibility as well.

Though I've personally soloed Desert Terror S2, you'll spend a good amount of time (5-10 minutes or more) defeating the Dimmagolous, depending on your class, PA levels are gear.

Cybuster
Mar 2, 2008, 04:15 AM
The best for begginers is without a doubt Military Subway C, you get ore than 80 MP per run

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cybuster on 2008-03-02 01:19 ]</font>

Turb0
Mar 2, 2008, 05:08 AM
Do white beast. 75 mp for an S rank on C and if you're on 360, there will definitely be parties there. (cant speak for pc/ps2)

ashley50
Mar 2, 2008, 05:45 AM
Levelling Classes shouldn't take you long anymore.

I mean c'mon, the rewards have been Increased (compared to v1 low level missions) and there's still whining that its "slow" to level classes?! WTF!

/Rant

Syl
Mar 2, 2008, 05:50 AM
Back in my day, us old folks had to spam Plains Overlord C for a measly 6 MP! You youngins don't know nothin' bout hard

Weeaboolits
Mar 2, 2008, 06:02 AM
If MP were still that bad, I bet people would just give up when they hit AF or AT 10.

Syl
Mar 2, 2008, 06:09 AM
I gave up AT at 10 spamming Awakened Serpent S lol

Weeaboolits
Mar 2, 2008, 06:12 AM
I just hit AF11 a bit ago, 10 feels kind of empty since you hit it in like 3 runs. ._.

Freshellent
Mar 2, 2008, 06:33 AM
On 2008-03-02 02:50, SylviaEspada wrote:
Back in my day, us old folks had to spam Plains Overlord C for a measly 6 MP! You youngins don't know nothin' bout hard

Ah,those were the days. Could spend an entire day at Raffon and still not get a class lvl.

Retniwreven
Mar 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
If you hate getting ranger to 5, you're going to LOATHE getting Acrofighter to 11. =D

bryanwillis7
Mar 2, 2008, 12:10 PM
o_o; Sorry for some of you who are frustrated with me for complaining about the slow Class leveling... but the fact is that I WAS doing plains overlord C for most of my points... Anyways... All these names for all of these missions that I have no idea of... >_<; So daunting for a new player... Ummm This Darkness one looks pretty good, where do I access it at? Is it a free mission or a story one? Oh, and gunslinger... your help would be appreciated... ^-^; How do I find you though? Am I supposed to Simple mail you? (Sorry... I am really new and still learning all of these mechanics)

Ramadonis
Mar 2, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry for the pretty nub question, but how do ya get to Military Subway?

Alizarin
Mar 2, 2008, 12:18 PM
There's a gate leading to AMF HQ next to the GRM Shop in Parum, take that and go through the mission there. The AMF Metro Platform should be the next lobby, and that's where the mission should be.

nooblet
Mar 2, 2008, 12:32 PM
this link tells you where and how to get to all the missions

http://psupedia.info/Missions

Turb0
Mar 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
True Darkness is in Dallgun plaza. Do Dark Satellite and then Seed Awakened (across from the parum gate on the 4th floor) and you'll be there. Military Subway starts from the 2nd area in the AMF place between the drink stand and the GRM shop in parum west. Just do AMF HQ Recovery first and then you're there. I'll just point out that I personally find the AMF missions really annoying and very long, not to mention there probably won't be many if any parties there. I'm not sure if the lower level missions have the casts with killer shot but even if they don't, I've only done that mission like 3 times. White Beast starts from the 2nd area of the Pavilion of Air on Neudaiz (between where you start in the district and the yohmei shop). Do Sacred Stream (good luck not getting massive slowdown if you're on 360) and you'll be there.

Like I said earlier, I'd go for White Beast because it gives good mission points, is still popular so there will be people to help you out, and isn't too long.

EDIT: The AMF missions and White Beast are AOI exclusive so if you don't have the expansion you won't be able to do them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turb0 on 2008-03-02 10:10 ]</font>

Ramadonis
Mar 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
XD Yeah, I wish I knew of the death shot before heading in. However one run got me a level, so I'm happy. Soloing it on C at level 24 was easy as pie, but kinda long. I'll try the White Beast later on, thanks!

gryphonvii
Mar 2, 2008, 03:58 PM
back in the day... anyways, I know one of my friend who got his class to 10 and then crimson best came out and he was depressed.

raster6050
Apr 2, 2008, 09:36 AM
white beast b look for parties around lvl 30-40 and its pretty quick,best mesata farm i found for easyness try find some techers with the heal condition one cos if u get stunned and frozen u die so try find a party if u cant do b do c and the darkness ones notr really that easy quick easy mision but im lvl 36 with 4 class a's and a class s twice upgraded crimson and when the planet falls it still kills me andf all of 930 hp unless i have a scape doll its a c rank u need 3 people to do it properly killing all monsters

AlMcFly
Apr 2, 2008, 10:00 AM
Yah, as others have said, it is not even difficult to get classes up to 10 now. Just get into full groups doing back to back runs in a big boss level. Boss levels usually tend to give more mp than a regular sub-boss level. Seriously, it's almost given to us on a silver platter right now. If getting Ranger to lvl 5 (which all you have to do is be in a full party, stay out of harm's way, and tag the shit out of monsters) is this difficult for you, I seriously hope you have a stong suit other than gaming. PSU is very easy. I was changing to Fighgunner form Fortefighter at level 90 but hadn't even started leveling Ranger. I just did one S ranked White Beast with a full party and earned 3 1/2 job levels just from one mission. I also leveled my character from 50-80 in a week and a half after coming back to PSU. This game is not hard...

Edit: What ever happened to asking someone in-game? Whenever anyone flags my attention with a question, even if I'm busy, I always answer them. A lot time can be spared by doing just that.

Edit 2: Shit, I've even been known to run low level characters through a mission super fast just for them to level their jobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-02 08:08 ]</font>

stukasa
Apr 2, 2008, 10:17 AM
On 2008-03-02 00:52, Tigereye wrote:
Group: Desert Terror S2 (404 MP per run)
Not true, they fixed this recently and it's back to what it was supposed to be, 202 MP. That's still pretty good considering it's a short run, but I doubt the OP can play S2 missions yet.

I'd say...Military Subway C. It's long but the MP is great!

desturel
Apr 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
On 2008-04-02 08:17, stukasa wrote:

On 2008-03-02 00:52, Tigereye wrote:
Group: Desert Terror S2 (404 MP per run)
Not true, they fixed this recently and it's back to what it was supposed to be, 202 MP. That's still pretty good considering it's a short run, but I doubt the OP can play S2 missions yet.

I just thought they doubled the MP during boost road. Was there really a fix for it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-04-02 09:13 ]</font>

TecherRamen
Apr 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
its too bad no one just plays the game any more. now all the game is spam spam spam, even worse than it was back in the old crimson beast days... just going through different levels was a good fun way to see everythign the game had to offer, and to get mp. go to the hives on the fourth flooy and go all the way to the last lobby then turn around and go back the other way. thats where TD is...

Reginaldo
Apr 2, 2008, 07:23 PM
Haha, the worst thing of all is that I've capped nearly every Advanced class at 15 on my main just to find out you only need level 10 of some classes for the Master ones. xD.