PDA

View Full Version : I posit a new law

Logical2u
Mar 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
Surely you have heard of Godwin's law (That the probability of a comparison to a fascist regime tends towards 1 as the duration of argument increases)

After surveying this site and others for five years I have come to a conclusion that I call...

Logic's Laws

1. Meme/Poster Law: An infinite number of forumgoers typing will create an infinite number of memes.
[list:8130a64e58]
1a. A relatively small number of forumgoers will create a large number of memes given a period of time.

1b. As the number of forumgoers increases, the number of memes created increase.

1c. As the number of memes increase, an increasing number of members leave (See 3).

1d. As memes increase, more members join to learn about the origins of said memes.

2. Meme law: As the number of memes increases to infinity, the obscurity of the memes increases to infinity.

2a. The more obscure the meme, the more members will join.

2b. As the number of memes increases, the more insular and unoriginal the forum becomes (See 1c, 3).

Omega: Conclusion: Any forum with posters creates memes, which creates a self-aggrandizing cycle that ends with a huge number of memes.
[/list:u:8130a64e58]

I have not found any forum that does not apply these rules unless the population and regularity of posting approaches towards zero over time [Which may be some corollary to the law]. Even Wikipedia is not immune, especially in the "Wikispeak".

I would put it there but I'm a bum and have no sources except opinionated BS.

I invite FKL to discuss this and make suggestions.

Also hello. What's up FKL.

What/How many old-timers have left/been banned since I last posted?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2008-03-03 14:45 ]</font>

Sord
Mar 2, 2008, 05:32 PM
Van is a nazi

Airalean
Mar 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thank God you posted Sord, I thought all of PSOW was dead. ._.

Logical2u
Mar 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
Alright so Sord is still around, I've seen a few others from 03 around too.

No news?

Sord
Mar 2, 2008, 05:40 PM
eh, not much, I just got back from a staying the weekends at a friends. weather is so nice today, we went to the park and grilled, threw around football, frisbee, etc

TalHex
Mar 2, 2008, 05:43 PM
not dead just doin homework...

Retniwreven
Mar 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
It's -17 degrees here right now =D

TalHex
Mar 2, 2008, 07:06 PM
i hope you don't mean K or C degrees

Logical2u
Mar 2, 2008, 08:14 PM
*smacks Talon in the face with a Reading-Comprehension Stick*

She/He/It lives in Canada. It says it right over there on the left. Right above "Online" and below "Posts".

Of course it's Celsius.

And there are no negative values in Kelvin. That's why it's the absolute temperature scale.

Back on topic:

I've yet to hear any news.
I've been out of the loop for like six months to a year. Who got Admin, who got B&, what Group-Fics got written, what new memes were formed.

Etc.

Gib moar info plz.

Retniwreven
Mar 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
Diadu. Unless it filters it. >_>

Nitro Vordex
Mar 2, 2008, 08:18 PM
FACT

Sord
Mar 2, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-03-02 17:14, Logical2u wrote:
*smacks Talon in the face with a Reading-Comprehension Stick*

She/He/It lives in Canada. It says it right over there on the left. Right above "Online" and below "Posts".

Of course it's Celsius.

And there are no negative values in Kelvin. That's why it's the absolute temperature scale.

Back on topic:

I've yet to hear any news.
I've been out of the loop for like six months to a year. Who got Admin, who got B&, what Group-Fics got written, what new memes were formed.

Etc.

Gib moar info plz.

haya got admined, no idea what B& is, Moo2u is the new president but disappeared shortly after winning election, various FKL written works were attempted and all failed to be completed, everything from choose-your-own-adventure to the FKL tournaments. New memes? FKL no longer has the originality to create it's own memes really. The FKL Pub/B4R is the frequent hang-out, and having a sort of role-play FKL persona has become the norm.

Retniwreven
Mar 2, 2008, 08:21 PM
B& = Banned.

Randomness
Mar 2, 2008, 08:24 PM
On 2008-03-02 17:14, Logical2u wrote:

*Smacks with fundamental science stick*

You need to amend that with "to the best of present human knowledge, which has been shown historically, time and time again, to have a strong tendency towards being wrong".