PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 2, 2008, 06:33 PM
So i just picked up Lost Odyssey for the 360 and my first thought is "And I thought Blue Dragon was long..."

The game is 4 DVDs. A shame MS doesn't want to allow games to load from an external Blu-Ray. (Ok, yes I understand HD-DVD only just got killed off this week...maybe this'll be fixed in the future.)

Even worse is the way it's packaged. 3 disks on one side stacked on top of each other ala Blue Dragon style while last disk is included in a plain paper envelope. I haven't even gotten into the game but as far as I can tell, this may be the first time something like this has happened. Even for Arc the Lad on PSone, Working Designs did a 6 Disk plastic case for the collection set. How can a paper be considered an acceptable place to put a game disk. Isn't plastic what we're partly paying for?

(And for PC gamers, this is at least acceptable since you pop the game in once and then you put the disk back in the box until you need to install again.)

Ceresa
Mar 2, 2008, 06:55 PM
Fortunately the game is mediocre at best so when your discs inevitably get fucked to hell from the cheap ass packaging, no sweat.

Disc 1 was roughly 7 hours of cutscenes and 3 hours of you know, playing. Can't say the rest of the game gets much better!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ceresa on 2008-03-02 15:56 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Mar 3, 2008, 12:43 AM
What the *hell* is that song in the commercial? Is the singer saying "FEED YOUR HAAAAAAAIR" in the end?

Boo for excessive cutscenes. If I wanted that I'd buy a freaking movie.

Umberger
Mar 3, 2008, 03:44 AM
On 2008-03-02 21:43, Typheros wrote:
What the *hell* is that song in the commercial? Is the singer saying "FEED YOUR HAAAAAAAIR" in the end?

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit, it's a song that mentions various themes/characters/stuff in general from Alice in Wonderland...the lyric in question is "Remember what the Dormouse said. Feed your head. Feed your head.".

CelestialBlade
Mar 3, 2008, 07:16 AM
On 2008-03-03 00:44, Umberger wrote:

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit, it's a song that mentions various themes/characters/stuff in general from Alice in Wonderland...the lyric in question is "Remember what the Dormouse said. Feed your head. Feed your head.".

No wonder it seemed like it was about some crazed drug trip, heh.

Powder Keg
Mar 3, 2008, 08:03 AM
So you're saying most of the game is just cutscenes? That's a disappointment. Like when I played Xenosaga...I felt like I was watching an episode of Star Trek or something....it was quite painful and I had to stop.

Skuda
Mar 3, 2008, 10:57 AM
Honestly, I enjoy watching eons of cut scenes. Especially when I'm not the one playing the game!

FFXII handled their excessive number of cut scenes very well. Lost Odyssey isn't bad, but it still doesn't feel as polished as FFXII.

Sinue_v2
Mar 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
On 2008-03-03 00:44, Umberger wrote:

I have a hard time getting excited about the game, because everytime I see that damned commercial, this is the only thing that it brings to mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=speVk2h8FUU&feature=related)