PDA

View Full Version : Returning player - some questions

KiteWolfwood
Mar 2, 2008, 08:57 PM
Finally found a place that had a copy of AoI and decided to start playing again. To start off AoI I made a New Character (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu20080302172109003ak3.png) and just did Unsafe Passage and Fight for food which got me to level 5.

Still trying to get the hang of Just Attack. My Saber is pretty easy, can do it perfectly bout 8/10 times. Now my Sword is another story. I can get my second just attack to go off about 7/10 tries but my first one is around 3/10.

I am wondering what the area level progression is nowadays. Last time I played was the month of Firebreak so I don't know any of the new stuff.

Telina
Mar 2, 2008, 09:01 PM
On 2008-03-02 17:57, KiteWolfwood wrote:

I am wondering what the area level progression is nowadays.

the who in the what now? o.O

useless thought aside, it'd help if you clarified your question a bit

KiteWolfwood
Mar 2, 2008, 09:06 PM
Well didn't think it was that tricky of a question. I guess I was wrong.

At what levels do you go where. Where are the popular gathering spots at different levels. At level X go to location Y.

Not sure how else to ask it. Hope that helps.

Telina
Mar 2, 2008, 09:24 PM
yea, it probably wasn't, but i just woke up fro a loooong nap and i'm not functioning quite right atm.

But since the introduction of just attack, it doesn't matter where for melee....but probably still parum till 20's or so

Reginaldo
Mar 2, 2008, 11:03 PM
Doesn't take too long at all to cap, as long as you have the time to.

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 2, 2008, 11:09 PM
White Beast isn't too shabby and quite nice mission points as well. If you want pure mission points I guess I suggest AMF Metro gives quite the amount of mission points.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
Just tried out Scarred Planet I think its called. Pretty sweet mission, really fast and 14 mp. The one after it, lightning beasts, really sucks though since every single mob can shock you.

Anyway I suck at using Just Attack with swords. Can't get it down for the life of me. Sabers though I got down to being able to JA my normal combo an then add a JA gravity strike to it for massive damage.

Not sure what it is but the game seems a lot more fun now. Just one more hunter level now an I can start leveling ranger for Acrofighter.

Lamak
Mar 2, 2008, 11:20 PM
I say head to Sakura Blast for easy MP and PA leveling.

Yuneiko
Mar 2, 2008, 11:24 PM
Might help to tell him where the mission is. Sakura Blast is located at the Kego Hot Springs, just walk back into the doors to access the mission.

Lamak
Mar 2, 2008, 11:26 PM
Oh, thought he would just figure it out.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 2, 2008, 11:30 PM
Cool I might go try it out. Yeah had no clue where any of the new missions are. Have to use psupedia to figure out where stuff is located.

Lamak
Mar 2, 2008, 11:32 PM
Well, Sakura Blast is mostly Boomas and they are really slow. Nice MP and a good amount of exp. Only the last room is trouble, but it's not that hard. Just make sure you have Buten.

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
On 2008-03-02 20:30, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Cool I might go try it out. Yeah had no clue where any of the new missions are. Have to use psupedia to figure out where stuff is located.

Use this visual map to see where to go.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165453&forum=22&36

KiteWolfwood
Mar 3, 2008, 12:26 AM
Oh wow thanks a lot for that link. That really helps a lot.

Yuneiko
Mar 3, 2008, 01:14 AM
Well, I guess i'll do a shameless self plug. Since you're on PC/PS2, feel free to ask me for any help with the game, and i'll try my best to help ya out. Leave a bulletin at Yuneiko, or find me ingame somehow.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 3, 2008, 12:23 PM
Holy crap I just tried that Military Subway mission. I was doing fine until I got to block 5. Those cheating bastard rifle dudes are lame as hell. Get hit once which would make me stagger then the rest of them would just chain stagger me and bam I am dead. Died 5 or so times before I just decided to give up since no point in wasting money on mates if I am not gonna get any mp for it.

Edit: Also if anyone wants to party with my noobness self lemme know here and we can meet up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2008-03-03 09:24 ]</font>

Yuneiko
Mar 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
I've read the rifle doods also fire out Killer Shots. Say hello to insta gibs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

KiteWolfwood
Mar 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
Gah they have Killer shot too? Argh that is evil. I was really hoping I could solo it for the massive mp so I could hurry an get ranger to 5.

Edit: Oh also would you mind if I got your partner card?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2008-03-03 09:58 ]</font>

Yuneiko
Mar 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
It's only rumored, but my friends say they do have killer shot. I used to solo it for MP as well. And I still need to find you for the partner card!