PDA

View Full Version : Online: Is there going to be PvP?

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'v seen people talking about it but is it true? if so when?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-03 08:37 ]</font>

Marche
Mar 3, 2008, 11:24 AM
maybe around when MAG comes out

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 11:28 AM
I can never understand why people are so overly obsessed about PVP in games, but yeah, the Dengeki cup is supposed to have a PVP-ish event.

I think I'll be avoiding that part of it.

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 11:32 AM
Yea but thats on the Japan Servers right or is it coming the America to?

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
Considering we've had pretty much every event they have, albeit after a few months of patching/translating, I'd imagine so.

Though you're going to see Max Attack G before any kind of Dengeki Cup related event.

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 11:35 AM
kk cool ty

ashley50
Mar 3, 2008, 11:37 AM
On 2008-03-03 08:28, Retniwreven wrote:
I can never understand why people are so overly obsessed about PVP in games, but yeah, the Dengeki cup is supposed to have a PVP-ish event.

US players like...no, LOVE them.
Competition...To be the Very best. On the internet...

Hungry for fame or Power maybe? Elitism?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-03 08:39 ]</font>

Andy1423
Mar 3, 2008, 11:44 AM
It could be another way to earn badges of elite items and such....Like a special visor headpeice or somthing cool and exclusive.

amtalx
Mar 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
On 2008-03-03 08:37, ashley50 wrote:

We don't all suck. No PVP in my PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 11:51 AM

"My net-wang is bigger than your net-wang"

I just like collecting shiny things. I have no desire to prove that I can beat someone else into the floor with them.

They'd get all bloody and thus less shiny. D=

Danger_Girl
Mar 3, 2008, 11:55 AM
I think PVP games are fun. But in PSU, eh...not so much.

A game has to be developed with PVP in mind. Obviously PSU isn't one of those. But regardless, having this pvp event isn't going to turn this into a pvp game, so I'm fine with it.

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 11:56 AM
On 2008-03-03 08:44, Andy1423 wrote:
It could be another way to earn badges of elite items and such....Like a special visor headpeice or somthing cool and exclusive.
PVP that is a complete player decision to join or not is acceptable, because I can ignore it, and others can have their fun.

Turning it into some WoW Rank-based Point-collecting 'Lulz my rank items r better than u' smashfest makes me gag.

Jakosifer
Mar 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
PVP is alright, in the correct dosage. If theres too much of it going on thats when you start to see the asshat in people (And in this community theres more than enough of that asshat mentality anyway).

Eligaz
Mar 3, 2008, 12:31 PM

I just want to beat that Cast Supremacy stuff outta you. >:D

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 12:32 PM
but, as me and my friend use to fight saying that I could kill him in PvP in 1 hit, well this will solve some problems, but it might start more...

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'm looking forward to it, a change of pace would be nice, and it could be fun. At any rate it's definitely worth a try.

Although, I will say that I generally prefer cooperative play over competitive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-03 09:38 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
That kind of PVP is just fine. I'm just cranky about the kind that results in elitism via fancy, rare, people-who-can-pvp-24-7 items/ranks/titles.

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah like PSU adds a Boxing like ring some where so it stays private and does'nt bother any1 else

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
Actually a boxing ring where we could place bets on the winner might be amusing. Bonus points if the match is influenced by the onlookers via cheers/etc.

All you get are trunks and gloves, so it's primarily about skill. =X

Well, that's kind of a weird idea, but it would make me chuckle at least.

Atomic646
Mar 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
if it would be bye skill beasts would win LOL

Infiniteque
Mar 3, 2008, 01:08 PM
People, always remember the hunter/gatherer instincts that we humans have.

Collecting, raising young, and competition are, for the most part, embedded in all of us in some shape way or form. So while some players love to collect items and rares, others may like to raise and evolve their PMs. It's only natural that people want to test their skill against other human players in PvP.

These are the very reasons why Pokemon was and still is such a huge thing for people.

pikachief
Mar 3, 2008, 01:09 PM

I want PvP for some challenge. some awesome AI. and to beat my annoying stupid friend's head into the ground >:{

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
Not necessarily. Say it's based on number of hits taken, not damage done. After all, you're using boxing gloves, not real weaponry.

SATatami
Mar 3, 2008, 01:11 PM

ur juz mad ur ksil iznet az gr8 az mien. I culd kel u plyin usin onli mai geentalls

pikachief
Mar 3, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:09, Retniwreven wrote:
Not necessarily. Say it's based on number of hits taken, not damage done. After all, you're using boxing gloves, not real weaponry.

if its number of hits thats still fine, then its like PSU-laser tag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:11, SATatami wrote:
ur juz mad ur ksil iznet az gr8 az mien. I culd kel u plyin usin onli mai geentalls

*Puts you in a headlock and rubs a polty against your hair*

SATatami
Mar 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:13, Retniwreven wrote:

On 2008-03-03 10:11, SATatami wrote:

*Puts you in a headlock and rubs a polty against your hair*

ur juz mad dat I no moar den u bout dis gaem.

SATatami
Mar 3, 2008, 01:16 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:13, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-03-03 10:09, Retniwreven wrote:

if its number of hits thats still fine, then its like PSU-laser tag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

doesn't that give a racial advantage to newmen, then? >_>

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 01:16 PM
It'd be a better system of balance than anything else readily available, to be honest.

Boxing, Laser tag, and... I dunno, something force-related. =X

Edit@Sat - I don't see how. Newmans don't swing any faster than anyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retniwreven on 2008-03-03 10:18 ]</font>

SATatami
Mar 3, 2008, 01:19 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:16, Retniwreven wrote:

It'd be a better system of balance than anything else readily available, to be honest.

Boxing, Laser tag, and... I dunno, something force-related. =X

Edit@Sat - I don't see how. Newmans don't swing any faster than anyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retniwreven on 2008-03-03 10:18 ]</font>
I'm referring to their higher EVP... >.>

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:19, SATatami wrote:
Make the trunks -5000 EVP or something. XD

SATatami
Mar 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:20, Retniwreven wrote:

On 2008-03-03 10:19, SATatami wrote:
Make the trunks -5000 EVP or something. XD

I think the only way'd that work would be to make the PA button "guard" >_>

EDIT: And speaking of guard, where is my GODDAMN PHOTON SHIELD?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-03-03 10:22 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-03-03 10:21, SATatami wrote:
I think the only way'd that work would be to make the PA button "guard" >_>

I do have to agree about that one.

pikachief
Mar 3, 2008, 01:30 PM
im just saying idc how PvP is gonna go down, im gonna paly it no matter what cuz its something different, and i can play against my friends. thats it.

I've always wanted to fight a beast FF, the rouges jsut dont cut it lol.

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see them just leave the game mechanics alone for it, have a bunch of fighters run in and get blown up bey a fortetecher who subsequently gets sniped and grenaded by gunners who get launched across the room with rising strike then jabroga bombed, it'd be amusing as hell.

I also demand a spectator mode, I could see it being quite fun to watch.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2008, 02:40 PM
A spectator mode would be great. As it is I love seeing people start arguing in Lobbies, to actually see them duke it out would be 100x's better. I just hope they end up giving us preselected gear and PAs for each class that balance one another out.

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 02:44 PM
They should put in random enemies and traps and such like they did in PSO's battle mode, go through a warp and a bil de vear lands on your head and one-shots you, then a swarm of go vahras rush you at triple their normal movement speed.

Retniwreven
Mar 3, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'd like to see more enemies along the lines of Delsabers and Ill Gills from PSO. The kind that a direct frontal assault on ends up causing you extreme pain.

MayLee
Mar 3, 2008, 02:52 PM

PVP is for E-peen stroking purposes only.

Reipard
Mar 3, 2008, 02:58 PM

Right, because it's totally impossible for people to have fun in PVP.

Mag_Launcher
Mar 3, 2008, 03:32 PM
On 2008-03-03 11:58, Reipard wrote:

Right, because it's totally impossible for people to have fun in PVP.

But of course you forget the e-peen strokers DO derive fun from "pwning" the "noobs" as they say.

ST can keep that Counter-Strike/WoW alpha male mentality bullshit outta my PSU, kthx.

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 03:41 PM
I'd laugh after all this arguing and bickering over it, if we get it and it becomes hugely unpopular because there's no rewards. wtf no rarz dis sux

RemiusTA
Mar 3, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-03-03 11:36, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I'd like to see them just leave the game mechanics alone for it, have a bunch of fighters run in and get blown up bey a fortetecher who subsequently gets sniped and grenaded by gunners who get launched across the room with rising strike then jabroga bombed, it'd be amusing as hell.

A M E N.

God, we dont need a Guilty Gear style superbalanced PVP mode, we just want something FUN.

I dont see what all the fuss is about.

PVP is not for E-peen, its for FUN. If you think it is, then you most likely just need to grow at least a LITTLE one to stop being so lame.

PC/PS2 will do fine with PVP. Its the 360 community full of asshats that has the problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-03-03 12:57 ]</font>

pikachief
Mar 3, 2008, 04:23 PM
pvp isnt a problem. its the cummunity that messes up certain parts of the game. saying no PvP cuz of people is like saying not to release more S ranks cuz of the elitists, who will hog them and stuff and brag and so on lol.

yes people ruin the fun of PvP, so play with your friends lol.

ashley50
Mar 3, 2008, 04:36 PM
On 2008-03-03 12:55, RemiusTA wrote:
PVP is not for E-peen, its for FUN. If you think it is, then you most likely just need to grow at least a LITTLE one to stop being so lame.

I bet some people don't think that way...
And when PvP DOES arrive here on US, we'll see topics about "him" (could be anyone but i have some candidates for it now) winning or pwning noobs with no losses.

pikachief
Mar 3, 2008, 04:42 PM
when PvP arrives im staying away from the forums for a while so i dont start yelling at people for it jsut being a game and how they dont know how to have fun properly lol.

im just gonna PvP with my friends all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

especially one who thinks hes better than everyone in everygame >:{

panzer_unit
Mar 3, 2008, 05:19 PM
On 2008-03-03 11:36, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I'd like to see them just leave the game mechanics alone for it

Hell yes! As-is, offense is so out of scale with HP that it's really hard not to be capable of wiping an opponent out in one PA move or a couple hits from range. That's a lot like game balance.

The only want I'd have on top of that is using the Endrum and Rozenom maps, maybe some areas of Grove... stuff with strategic areas like stairs and balconies.

Weeaboolits
Mar 3, 2008, 05:19 PM
I just look forward to blowing up my friends with Rafoie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Freshellent
Mar 3, 2008, 06:47 PM
Not sure why people are so afraid of a mode that they'll be avoiding. Seems like their more worried about if they did try,that they'd lose. I'd be willing to bet a great deal of the ones avoiding it are actually afraid of enjoying it.

I'm sure if I don't like PvP I'll avoid it. But,since I'm kinda curious I want to try. I want to see how they plan on doing this. Although,I'd like to see it more team based. 3v3s sound fine too me. One for every class type I suppose. ( HU,RA,FO )

BUT,it's pretty likely PvP will be NOTHING like some of us expect it to be. In all truth,it'll prolly we broken as hell,and there will be tons of topics complaining about it,and just as many people praising it because they are winning. It's like that in just about every game with a PvP feature in it.

Story wise,we are GUARDIANs. ( Most of us anyway.) So it'd be unlikely for us to fight one another. Think of it as advanced training sessions. A lot of good things could come from this. If anything,the players that bitch about the game being too easy can place their wits against a human opponet. It doesn't get much more difficult than that.

Ibuka
Mar 4, 2008, 12:15 AM
I can't wait for it!

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna come cross Assholes, And im pretty sure i'm gonna come a cross Friendly Rivals or Just to have fun.

I can't wait for it! And i say bring it on! ^o^/ It will remind my of the PSO Battle days XD

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2008, 01:09 AM
if anything i bet endurance armor prices will go up, LVL 40 MEGID balls <________<