PDA

View Full Version : What are the intervals of percents that actually matter for

Psycho_Sonic
Mar 3, 2008, 04:03 PM
Basically, topic. IE:
I have a Rapier that's 28% Ice, and a Buccaneer that's 24% Ice. I basically have 2 questions in one.
1. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the Bucc, or is the % trade-off too high?
2. When does the difference in Element % acutally matter?

Syl
Mar 3, 2008, 04:07 PM
On 2008-03-03 13:03, Psycho_Sonic wrote:
Basically, topic. IE:
I have a Rapier that's 28% Ice, and a Buccaneer that's 24% Ice. I basically have 2 questions in one.
1. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the Bucc, or is the % trade-off too high?
2. When does the difference in Element % acutally matter?

1. It really does depend on how much total ATP you have. You can always just test it out yourself on some fire mobs.

2. It does, but if it's minimal, you're not going to see any kind of difference. Between something like 10% and 50% though, you will see it.

DEM_CIG
Mar 3, 2008, 04:07 PM
1. It would be worth to upgrade the Buccaneer...
2. Im not sure... but thats a very interesting question. Hmmm ?

GreenArcher
Mar 3, 2008, 04:09 PM
Element percent on melee weapons only effects the weapon's ATP. So check the difference between the two yourself:

Rapier's ATP x 1.28 = ATP vs. fire enemies
Buccaneer's ATP x 1.24 = ATP vs. fire enemies

also don't forget the buccaneer's higher ATP means higher damage to non-fire enemies

Elemental percents are more important on high ATP weapons such as Swords, Axes, and Spears. On this like twin daggers I just get a couple of neutral ones and go for a high grind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2008-03-03 13:10 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 3, 2008, 04:09 PM
1. Put both sabers in your inventory.
2. Put both sabers in your pallette.
3. Map the same PA to both sabers.
4. Start a mission with fire enemies (Mad Creatures, Demons Above, et al).
5. Attack a fire creature with your Rapier. Record damage.
6. Attack the same type of fire creature with your Buccaneer. Record damage.
7. Repeat as necessary until you get a good average damage per saber.
8. Keep the one that does the higher damage.
9. Sell, give or otherwise feed your PM the other saber.
10. Rejoice in the fact that you figured something out all by yourself!

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2008, 12:40 PM
On 2008-03-03 13:09, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Element percent on melee weapons only effects the weapon's ATP. So check the difference between the two yourself:

Rapier's ATP x 1.28 = ATP vs. fire enemies
Buccaneer's ATP x 1.24 = ATP vs. fire enemies

also don't forget the buccaneer's higher ATP means higher damage to non-fire enemies

Elemental percents are more important on high ATP weapons such as Swords, Axes, and Spears. On this like twin daggers I just get a couple of neutral ones and go for a high grind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2008-03-03 13:10 ]</font>

"% only affects weapon ATP" is unproven and probably wrong. Otherwise, mechguns, shotguns, crossbows, etc, would hardly do any more damage against their opposing elements, which isn't the case...

ThEoRy
Mar 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
Grind em both up and see what happens if you haven't already.

Elnendil
Mar 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
%s matter, it's just that what you're reading is 75% of what it actually says. Proven by Zael.

in b4 armors, the %s on those decrease enemy ATP and since DFP is totally worthless, yeah.