PDA

View Full Version : AOI(PS2) - What is offline like?

Frog
Mar 4, 2008, 06:32 PM
Ambition of Illuminus (PS2)

What is offline like?
Can you use your offline characters from Universe?
Does it have everything from Universe?
Same missions, items, monsters and more(new levels and items)?
How many new missions/worlds are there?

Why are there basically no reviews on the net for this game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frog on 2008-03-04 15:33 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2008, 06:38 PM
It's like Network Mode, but easier.
Yes, you can import your Extra Mode save from Universe.
It's missing a few minor items from Universe (Me/Quick, most of the glowy aura things, a few units), but otherwise yes.
Different missions. The missions in AotI offline are based off the Network Mode, unlike Extra Mode in Universe (which had a lot of different and unique missions), there's lots of new items (including many new version of old items, made by the other manufacturers), lots of new enemies, etc
Can't count off-hand how many new missions... there's no new planet though.

Why? Who knows. SEGA doesn't really hype PSU:AOTI very much in the US.

Frog
Mar 4, 2008, 06:43 PM
Is Extra Mode immediately available on AOI? Or do you have to complete Storymode first?

How long is story-mode compared to Universe?

Do you roll a new character for story-mode, or do you import your old Universe character? (I hated how you played story-mode for 30 hours and then had to create a new character for Extra-mode in Universe).

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2008, 07:15 PM
There is no Extra Mode in AotI. You start with your own character, either a newly created one, or an imported one from original PSU.

No clue to be honest, I sidetracked a lot. I think I took around 30-40 hours to "complete" the main storyline.

I sort of just answered this, but, you can either import your PSU character (from Extra) or just start up with a whole new one.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2008, 07:25 PM
Story mode on offline AoI is online ep2, so it's as long as that.