PDA

View Full Version : GOD DAMNIT FUCKING SCHOOL

Sord
Mar 5, 2008, 08:01 AM
I realize this is an incredibly puny and pointless rant but my god this is so fucking annoying. I wake up at 5:30am to get my usual shower. We had a huge snow storm yesterday (for our area,) over a foot of snow. I check the local school closing lists before I head to the shower, neither one of my two schools are off (I'm dual-enrolled.) I go take my shower, 20 minutes later I'm out, and my sister is telling me we're off. I check, and sure enough both districts have been added to the list. I'm already to awake to go back to sleep without some difficulty, and I probably won't be. BUT GOD FUCKING DAMNIT, IF 50 OTHER DISTRICTS CAN ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES CLOSED BEFORE I GET UP, WHY THE FUCK CAN'T MINE (and saying 50 is not exaggerating, it was a long list when I looked.) Having things be bittersweet is so incredibly annoying.

(my morning school also did this last week)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-03-05 05:13 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Mar 5, 2008, 10:31 AM
Well, um...hey now you can er. Well that sucks. There's always next time Sord.

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
My school never canceled, every other school in the state would be, but I'd still have to go.

UnderscoreX
Mar 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
20 minutes ? Were you writing poetry in there or something. Morning showers are like 10 minutes max. Sucks though, it's little things like this that are usually much more annoying than when something bad actually happens. Least you got the day off.

AlexCraig
Mar 5, 2008, 01:16 PM
At least you got the day off. Better late than never.

Really, Sord, I expected more from you. Getting this upset over a late announcement.

ABDUR101
Mar 5, 2008, 01:27 PM
I realize this is an incredibly puny and pointless rant

Yeah, it is.

Hell, there were days I'd wake up, get ready for school and almost be out the door to go wait for my bus(a 40 minute ride to the school) and just then get the announcement. I never really saw it as a big deal, because I still got the day off and since I was up that just left me more time to do what I wanted.

Infact, waking up and seeing snow everywhere, and waiting for the announcement that my school was canceled or delayed was fun. And worst come to worst, if my dead-end road wasn't plowed, I would'nt go because I could'nt make it to the bus stop anyway. =]

Kylie
Mar 5, 2008, 01:33 PM
I know how you feel. I HATE getting up early, so I'd be pissed if the opportunity to sleep in was taken away from me. But 5:30 Sord? Geez, my memories of high school mornings are uniformly: "KYLIE GET YOUR ASS UP. SCHOOL STARTS IN LIKE FIFTEEN MINUTES, AND YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE." And so the race would start. Threw my clothes on, brushed my teeth, peed, grabbed my make up (I was a pro at putting it on in the car after a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), and got in the car. I always bathed the night before... Well, until 11th grade, when I discovered how much better my hair looked if I took a morning shower / bath.

Jehosaphaty
Mar 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
the apocalypse has to be in the forecast or in the process of happening for college to get canceled. which sucks.

Sayara
Mar 5, 2008, 02:58 PM
^ This is the truth.

the East had that huge snow storm right? I got up at 6:45 assuming i'd be on time for class til my father was like go back to bed stupid.

Sharkyland
Mar 5, 2008, 03:26 PM
My school was in the city while I live in the county. And the county always closes while city doesn't. It's sometimes rare but there are time when the weather gets too bad especially the blizzard/ice storms of '90 '93 & '96.

Jehosphaty - College, well for us when 9/11 occurred (I was at CUA) classes were canceled for the entire day but the next day everything seemed back to normal.

KodiaX987
Mar 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
Let's put this way, guys.

I live in a suburb of Montreal, right?

Well, the city guys ran out of places to dump the snow in.

stukasa
Mar 5, 2008, 04:15 PM
I live in Southern California. I have never in my life had school canceled due to bad weather. Stop complaining. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wish it would snow here though. Seriously, just once. :/

Nitro Vordex
Mar 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-03-05 08:00, UnderscoreX wrote:
20 minutes ?

I take half an hour showers, sometimes an hour if I can get away with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My old schedule before I grew up, being in 7th grade. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bus arrives at 6:41 (Give or take)
6:00>Zzz
6:10>Zzz
6:20>Zzz
6:30>*rolls over*
6:33>Alarm goes off
6:35>Bathroom (No, not to shave)
6:37>Gets in clothes
6:38>gets pencils and other stuffs
6:39>Grabs backpack
6:40> Realizes the bus is on it's way a minute ago
6:41>Runs out right when bus gets there.

I'm out of that now, I wake up at 6:00, even though I ride my bike and it only takes 10-20 mins. to get to school, which starts at 7:45. (Give or take http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Anduril
Mar 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
Sadly I have never had a day of school canceled in my life do to the ungodly warm weather in in California. Since the 7th grade (Like for the past 6 or 7 years) my morning schedule has basically been this:
6:00AM(Now 6:30AM since I don't have class until 10 and MW, and 930 on TTh, subsequently everything gets pushed forward by 30 minutes): Wake up.
6:01AM: Turn on Shower, and relieve yourself of bodily waste while the water warms.
6:02AM: Enter Shower
6:15AM: Exit shower and towel dry body, put Towel beanie on to keep hair from fluffing.
6:16AM: Put on Underwear, then deodorant, then shirt, then pants.
6:20AM: Turn on Computer to check E-mail
6:25AM: Turn off computer. Turn on TV.
6:35AM: Grab a bowl of cereal.
6:40AM: Brush teeth.
6:50AM: Put on socks and sweater.
7:00AM: Check Backpack.
7:10AM: Zone out in front of TV/ Finish any Homework you failed to complete the night before.
7:45: Put on shoes, grab backpack, and run out door.(Luckily I just lived down the street from school, so I could make it before the 8:00 bell)

McLaughlin
Mar 5, 2008, 06:57 PM
We got 20 cm of snow last night/this morning. My school was the only one open in my district. So, I got up at 5:30, like always. I left at 7:30 to get to school at 8:20 like always.

I was almost hit three times on my way to school because none of the roads were plowed since they wait for the snow to stop falling before they do it. I got to school at 8:45.

It turned my forty-five minute walk and turned it into an hour and fifteen minutes. Out of my five classes today, only two of them had my usual teachers. The others couldn't get to school. Two of my classes had less and a third of our regular attendance, none were over half.

How they can cancel every other school, and even the bus to my school, but expect us to drive/walk is beyond me.

ShinMaruku
Mar 5, 2008, 08:52 PM
I gots college foos I can skip. XD

Powder Keg
Mar 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
While I was still in school, all of my surrounding districts would be closed while mine would be open 2 hours late. It was a mega bummer.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2008, 03:45 AM
On 2008-03-05 10:27, ABDUR101 wrote:

I realize this is an incredibly puny and pointless rant

Yeah, it is.

It won't be a big deal in a few days, possibly sooner for Sord but good to let it out. Plus we can join in with FU mother F school, professor jerkfaces!!

I liked Daikarin's story of rushing to get out the door and Sunday actually being the real day instead of a school day, that's a good bar story if there ever was one. I guess downer style, but also laugh at your misfortune style, + pat on the back we've all been there man -have another beer!

Sord
Mar 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
On 2008-03-05 10:16, AlexCraig wrote:

Really, Sord, I expected more from you. Getting this upset over a late announcement.

Oh trust me, I have far more legitimate things to rant about in life. However, unlike others, I'm not going to post something HERE of all places. The only rants I ever post here will just be petty ones that might get on my nerves. This is not the place to be ranting about lifes problems.

hollowtip
Mar 10, 2008, 03:55 PM
Shower night before, wakeup, get dressed, brush teeth, and out the door.

school started at 8:00 AM and I don't think I ever left the house earlier than 7:40. 7:45 was the average time I left and I was only late once my entire high school career (I couldn't be, my mom was attendance lady).

Honestly, I don't know how I made it my senior year. I was up playing PSO at 3:00 AM in the morning and waking up 4 1/2 hours later. Well technically, I didn't make it. I slept through half my classes.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
On 2008-03-05 17:55, Artea wrote:
While I was still in school, all of my surrounding districts would be closed while mine would be open 2 hours late. It was a mega bummer.

lol. Reminds me of my highschool days where EVERYTHING withing a 100 mile radius of our county closed down, but we stayed open. We never even got out late.
Nashville, TN - I swear. The only thing we ever got out for was a blizzard/ice storm. If the power had still been up, we would have been forced to get through 3 feet of snow to school.

Calamity
Mar 13, 2008, 01:22 AM
well i live in alabama so it doesnt snow haha wich equals no snow days, you guys are so lucky so the only time we do miss days is when we have like ten tornadoes throughout the south so then were scared about losing houses or dieing wow i wanna move haha