PDA

View Full Version : Cast Wartecher

Slug
Mar 5, 2008, 12:27 PM
I was thinking of making my cast a Wartecher. I just want some opinions on the subject.

Dhylec
Mar 5, 2008, 12:41 PM
Opinons are persona preferences. I suggest try it, then check Gameplay forum's sticky for guides on how to handle the class as whatever race.

Rayokarna
Mar 5, 2008, 12:44 PM
I have one. There awesome. Just only use tech onsomething you know will die easy. The lame TP hurts, but having high HP, DFP and ATP for a half teching class makes em awesome.

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
If you want to play around with attack techs on a cast, WT is the best job for it. You can always pull out cards or melee if tech isn't working out.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2008, 01:15 PM
I can't really see a reason to try it, other than the support techs. The attack techs won't really do enough damage to be worthwhile, as even against melee resistant mobs, melee still does more damage. If you want the support techs, then it'll probably be worthwhile though.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
Good at support, attack techs won't do too much. Other then melee your best bet is cards/bows for ranged damage problem is with lvl 20 buffs popping pills would do you better but it's a good class to test out as a cast

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-03-05 10:15, Zorafim wrote:
I can't really see a reason to try it, other than the support techs.

WT can't do support significantly better than a Fighgunner using storebought consumables and bullet skills, so why bother at all?

Attack techniques are at least entertaining. Probably more damaging than their lv20 bullets with a lot of high-TP equipment backing it up.

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
Why not? Sure your techs don't pack as much punch, but who cares, so long as you're having fun. I daresay the MST would be nice to have, and and that s-rank head unit is fairly common in FoI, my beast GT has one and her resta works pretty well.

panzer_unit
Mar 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
Real techers getting their hands on Red/Force drove down the prices on stuff like Sori/TECH Charge for the rest of us who aren't so lucky.

Tita
Mar 5, 2008, 03:17 PM
casts' ATA modifier is a welcomed addition to WT's gimped ATA. i would suggest going nuts with daggers and card or shadoog/dagger combo. stack on the STA/END and crown yourself King Vanda Killer.

focus on techs with SEs (ramegid and foie are my personal favorites, as i'm a biased confuse+burn fangirl).

i'm considering testing out WT on my cast F.

3nascar3fan3
Mar 5, 2008, 03:49 PM
i have one right now (cause i pleged to do all of the classes on my cast) and i hate it personally you do ok damage with melee (i can barly brake 1000 with my fuka misaki) but other than that everything else is pretty crappy for me and im lvl 120!! i much prefer acro-techer over war-techer because my lvl 31 buffs + giresta wont be gimped at 11 and whips kick butt eitherway so my personal suggestion is acro-techer because it supports better (but i guess that is just because i like support better)

Alizarin
Mar 5, 2008, 04:28 PM
I say a CAST Wartecher is a fine match. A wartecher's notable specialty is defense, as per the description. Given that CASTs also boast a high defense would seem to complement that, yes? You also get a reasonable boost to MST that would really help out against tech damage. Wartechers were made to be defense-oriented, with a decent weapon selection and basic tech usage. Unfortunately, this game ended up with an "offense is the best defense" mindset, so it's difficult to utilize the wartecher's true role appropriately.

pikachief
Mar 5, 2008, 04:31 PM
hhmmmm cast speciallize in ranged weapons....

WAR... TECHER.... i see no guns there but y not go for it just dont go FT on that cast or i'll kill u

Tita
Mar 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
cast wartecher = super shield indestructible battle robot minion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
Go for it, a good head slot should help with the bad MST, and the fact WT has a good melee selection available to it doesn't hurt either. I like to put a resta/reverser madoog with my favorite 1-hand melee on my Beast WT, and it works out well for him. Other than that, techs for the robots oughta help, too.

unicorn
Mar 5, 2008, 04:52 PM
Kitty doesnt know what shes talkin about.
---

CASTs make great Wartechers, Guntechers, and Acrotechers. Fortetecher is out of the question though.

WT can't do support significantly better than a Fighgunner using storebought consumables and bullet skills, so why bother at all?

Well Wartechers are effin tanks. They can take more damage that Fighgunner and still support the entire party to some degree.
--

CASTs have great stats that work well with Wartecher. However, I feel all the other races play Wartecher better. Wartecher has a low ATA mod, so ATA is never going to be high no matter what race. WT's most important stats are HP, ATP, TP, and MST. The rest take a secondary role.

Naturally, CASTs would be a race you would pick if you want higher HP and ATP. But Beasts are better at that than CASTs and have marginally more TP and MST.

Humans and Newmans both are weaker than CASTs, but have more TP, MST, and EVP. By picking a CAST, you end up with 500-ish less TP than a Human and 700-ish less TP than a Newman. The HP difference between a CAST and a Human is 100-200. The HP difference between a Newman is 200-300. CASTs also have 120 less MST than Humans, and 300 less than Newmans. Both races also have over 100 more EVP.

Personally, I'd rather take the extra 500-700 TP and 100-300 MST over 100-300 more HP. The ATP difference is negligible when compared to the TP difference, especially when its muuuch easier to improve ATP over TP.

That being said, CAST WT is a "stronger" WT. CASTs deal decent damage and can stand next to Beast WTs. Unfortunately, I feel that the other races do the job better as a WHOLE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-05 13:52 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 5, 2008, 04:57 PM
On 2008-03-05 13:31, pikachief wrote:
hhmmmm cast speciallize in ranged weapons....

WAR... TECHER.... i see no guns there but y not go for it just dont go FT on that cast or i'll kill u

Well, don't forget that CASTs can make pretty good Hunters too. You shouldn't allow yourself to be forced into the Archetype that Sega is trying to enforce with their race / class things. I know some CAST WTs that do pretty good, so I just say try it. If you like it, go for it.

oskermayor
Mar 5, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just make sure you use whips on enemies with multiple hit zones.

Slug
Mar 5, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thank you every one for your support.

XenithFlare
Mar 5, 2008, 11:28 PM
I did WT on my CAST and liked it (i'll finish it sometime, but I hated not having my bullets lol), and I'm currently a GT and loving it. I say go for it

Warren683
Mar 6, 2008, 08:43 AM
My main's currently a M Cast WT and he's done just about all the classes save for the gun classes and FT. Frankly, WT feels like the most solid, easiest class to play (Or it's at a match with PT). I like my guy to be resourceful and able to mash his way through things, SUV, buff and heal, and toss in a few side bullets along the way. It's the whole package. The only thing you have to sacrifice is attach techs, and really, with a CAST you don't even need them.