PDA

View Full Version : Should I jump back into PS?

azz0r
Mar 6, 2008, 06:40 AM
Hello http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My fondest memories of gaming are PSO for the Dreamcast, I was literally addicted to that game, I came across a youtube video today and the music and sounds just light a fire under my butt to play again...

SO, the nearest I can get really is the 360 versions. Basically I want your guys opinions on it in a sense: is it worth buying it or should I seek an alternate game?

Also, do many people still play it on the 360?

Miyoko
Mar 6, 2008, 06:52 AM
You should -backflip- into PS.

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
The 360 version does, indeed, have a sizable population.

azz0r
Mar 6, 2008, 07:42 AM
gamertag: azz0r

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2008, 07:45 AM
I'm on PC/PS2, but have fun anyway. ;o

Yuneiko
Mar 6, 2008, 09:52 AM
PC/PS2 here as well, good luck with the game. Many people complain about the game, but as long as you're having fun, that's the important part.

ThEoRy
Mar 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
Do it do it do it! All things in moderation of course.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 6, 2008, 11:53 AM
I have only heard of bad things about the 360 version. So you should just come to the PC/Ps2 servers.

Seriously now I just came back to PSU and it is at least 100x better then it was and it only looks like it is going to get better as time goes on.

Yunfa
Mar 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
On 2008-03-06 08:53, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I have only heard of bad things about Pedobear So you should just come to 4chan. -Fixed

azz0r
Mar 6, 2008, 05:47 PM
I had a good game today, met a really nice guy who helped me level up.

However, what I'm finding most jarring is no-one wants to group up. I see people sitting around doing nothing, whereas in the PSO lobby people would bunch up with people they like the look off and then go on...

Any tips for PSU?

Retehi
Mar 6, 2008, 05:50 PM
On 2008-03-06 14:47, azz0r wrote:

However, what I'm finding most jarring is no-one wants to group up. I see people sitting around doing nothing, whereas in the PSO lobby people would bunch up with people they like the look off and then go on...

Any tips for PSU?

"If you build it, they will come"

Make a game, and people will join. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Telina

Any tips for PSU?

Play in MODERATION. You WILL run out of things to do if you play this game like a real MMORPG. So take your time and have fun doing so.

wgpfly
azz0r add my GT wgpfly i could send you my card later but most people it seems dont want to group up with randoms i suppose. I just try to run with friends it seems

Reven
Mar 6, 2008, 06:00 PM

Any tips for PSU?

Your best bet is to find where the current hot spot is and join an open game, usually about half the games are open at hot spots, look for ones with a decent party size.

Since you're starting out I'd recommend White Beast on Neudaiz. You can also check and see if anything is still going on with GBR (Guardians Boost Road) on Moatoob and the new Dark Planet mission. All 3 of those will probably have alot of people running missions you can join.

If you need directions check out psupedia, it has an excellent mission map for finding what missions lie in what lobbies.

I'd show ya around but I'm on PC. Have fun and good luck.