PDA

View Full Version : A couple of ideas (bored)

Apone
Mar 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
So I was thinking... Instead of just a difference in stats for various classes why not some new weapon or running animations. My problem has always been that the only way you can tell what someone is is to look at their stats...
For example.

Say a fighgunner would swing a sword the way it is now, cumbersome and heavy, but a Fortefighter would swing the same weapon with not only more of an appearance of experience but with new animations reflecting the expertise of a Fortefighter.

A fortegunner should hold and fire weapons in much the same way, with experience as say a guntecher would carry and fire the weopon in a different less gun oriented manner.

of course not ALL the animations would be different but it would definately bring some veriety to the old hackin' and slashin'

How about when a fortetecher casts a level 31+ spell they would hold their weapon in a completely different way? reflecting the experience of the fortetecher on top of the spell level?

I also think certain classes should carry themselves diifernt on the battlefeild like protransers should have a brisk jogging animation because they're gonna run in there and drop a trap.

I know that this stuff is probably impossible due to the playstations small RAM but I just thout Id throw out some ideas since idea threads are my favorite and I havent seen any recently.

ThEoRy
Mar 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah I wish you could cast technics like the Vol brothers, all spinnin round and whatnot. That's what we need, more flashy animations, spinning dodges, rolls, back flips.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2008, 12:15 PM
To a certain degree, I don't remember such variety of animations in a game. At least for weapons. The offline PC game Blades of Darkness was good for it, though. (Used to love trying to swing heavy weapons with a small frame. The visable struggle made it worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) For run animations, Guild Wars does come to mind, though. I believe those differed by class. (Still getting used to the Ranger run.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-06 09:19 ]</font>

Yoshimatsue
Mar 6, 2008, 12:17 PM
that would add some diversity to the characters in general

Yuneiko
Mar 6, 2008, 12:28 PM
If you have seen the OLD E3 preview movies of PSU, you can see that weapon swing animations are MUCH different, I.E the sword is swung in low to high strikes in a few scenes. Also, does anyone know what happened to that one girl with the horns? I wonder what happened with those old animations, especially that odd saber PA that ethan keeps spamming, it's kinda slow but has them doing graceful(?) dancing with a one hand saber and apparently has a kick in the middle of it as well.

blackeye08
Mar 6, 2008, 07:26 PM
this sounds neat but how long do you think it would take for them to do this...the right way.. and then give it too us? At least a year or two plus many many more rollbacks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif