PDA

View Full Version : Ascension Gift

KulturHorror
Mar 6, 2008, 10:58 PM
is it worth it?

EspioKaos
Mar 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
Purely for the humorous aspect of it, I say yes. But if you're looking for power, not really.

Turb0
Mar 6, 2008, 11:02 PM
Depends. As long as you know that it sucks for damage, sometimes even heals and buffs the enemies, and is mostly there to be random and have fun with, then sure it's worth it. Just don't go blowing 20 silver and expect it to out damage a grom or sturm attacker.

KulturHorror
Mar 6, 2008, 11:02 PM
so it would be best to invest 25 silver on a chainsawd instead?

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 7, 2008, 01:09 AM
If you like the chainsaw but if you have money for something else I personally waste money on room decorations, like sandbags and such they're pretty sweet.

ashley50
Mar 7, 2008, 01:15 AM
On 2008-03-06 20:02, KulturHorror wrote:
so it would be best to invest 25 silver on a chainsawd instead?

that's up to you...its your silver to spent so choose wisely

PhdChristmas
Mar 7, 2008, 08:31 AM
first time i used Ascension Gift, a toilet fell out of the sky and healed all the enemies for 400 each.

second time, a huge mushroom landed on a target and again healed all enemies for 400 each.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
I don't know th enemies are so tuff that it is a risk to use an suv that doesnt totally killerize them yeah?

amtalx
Mar 7, 2008, 09:25 AM
Ascension Gift is my favorite SUV. The game is so easy now SUVs aren't really necessary most of the time.

@PhdChristmas: The mushroom does ~1500 damage and inflicts poison. Only the toilet and small weight heal enemies.

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
I want that SUV, but I'm waiting till after I get my Tippies /c.

chibiLegolas
Mar 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
On 2008-03-06 19:58, KulturHorror wrote:
is it worth it?

Hell yea it is!
True, it's for shits 'n giggles. But that's the point of playing, no? To have fun and a good time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I personally think it's hilarious and always look forward to seeing what comes out whenever I build up the SUV. Hell, I even unleash it on bosses while chanting "one ton, one ton, come ON... ONE TON!". (for it's max damage from that SUV).

amtalx's right, the extra damage from other damage dealing suv's aren't really needed anymore at end game stats. So you might as well have fun with it.

I wouldn't recommend it when solo'n tho. Nothing more boring then telling a joke to only yourself.

necman
Mar 8, 2008, 07:57 AM
I was in a c run and the cosmo fountain killed the little lizard things. You sure it buffs them? I seen a beast summoned from it once. It apeared hit a group of seed and disapeared. It was not my ascention gift as mine is yet to do that. My giant mushroom also damages enemies and poisons them. Maybe there is some factor that allows them to be simular but slightly different.