PDA

View Full Version : Three star luck, does it effect boss box drops?

ashley50
Mar 7, 2008, 01:16 AM
I believe not...

Akio-Kasai
Mar 7, 2008, 01:16 AM
Discuss

GuardianElite
Mar 7, 2008, 01:18 AM
Poster uses "Topic"
It appears to have no effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-03-06 22:31 ]</font>

Xefi
Mar 7, 2008, 01:18 AM
probably, but doesn't mean you will get the rares.
Real luck is better than 3 stars luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

darthplagis
Mar 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
boss boxes are always gonna drop something (they are 100% drop rate) but what they drop can be (and usually is) crap.

i think since sega upped the rare drops from boss boxes less people will comlain. and more people will put it down to luck

personally i find/found all my good stuff on 2* days

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 7, 2008, 01:34 AM
no luck = win.

Xefi
Mar 7, 2008, 01:41 AM
i just got a double agito board earlier with 2 stars luck. I wonder if that is pure luck or that 2 stars luck that help. Can anyone guess? -----probably just pure luck-----

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 7, 2008, 02:22 AM
Nope.

Miyuki
Mar 7, 2008, 02:27 AM
None whatever - found rikauteris on 0, 1*, and 2* days

DarkEliteRico
Mar 7, 2008, 02:28 AM
Nope, got my Tuma 2 runs into TD a while back.....now looking for a blackbull there.....about 30 down and no such luck, usually run with 2 star luck but that's it

Xefi
Mar 7, 2008, 02:31 AM
seems like the boss drops aren't very effective for 3* luck. What is good about 3* luck is that you can hunt for materials easier. I have seen more catiliums drop with 3* luck from my previous experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-03-06 23:32 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 7, 2008, 02:39 AM
To re iterate what people have already said:
The only tests that were done were done a long time ago. But at that time, they basically showed that luck only effected the rate of items dropping, but not actually the quality of those items that were dropped. But obviously, monsters having a higher chance of dropping something means more overall rares.

Boss boxes on the other hand have a 100% rate already, so in theory, there should be no effect from lucky of any sort.

icewyrm
Mar 7, 2008, 04:17 AM
luck is garbage

Neith
Mar 7, 2008, 07:19 AM
Luck increases the chances of monsters dropping ANY item (by increasing their 'drop-anything rate'). As boss boxes always have something in (even if it is a berry), luck doesn't affect them in any way.

Cry0
Mar 7, 2008, 07:36 AM
I am 100 % sure that rare drops from bosses increase with luck. 2 days ago I had 3 star luck, and did some duel in ruins s2 runs (10 or so), and got nearly every rare the boss has to offer, (except cati/hit, what i was actually hunting :/), I even got 2 twin tornado boards and a double agito board. I also got 4 par walnas
a day later i got 1 star luck, and doe 8 or so runz. Nothing dropped, except 1 or 2 9 star weapons, and all i got were par ashes.

so this makes me conclude that this is a statistical anomaly, or 3 star luck affects bosses.

point made. do nte that is a V1 boss though. if your point was about aoi bosses, then I'd say it also increases, through the many rol le runs i did, but i do not have as concrete eveidence as with de ragnus runs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cry0 on 2008-03-07 04:37 ]</font>

PhdChristmas
Mar 7, 2008, 07:44 AM
im pretty sure map patterns/mob patterns determine the outcome of boss boxes. Now~ ~I~ am convinced that luck does affect your chances of recieving a 'rare map pattern.'

Example1
Like two years ago newman friend has 3 luck, we hunt me/quick the whole day, keeping a note of block pattern and mob spawns. It just so happens we recieved a very unique 2nd block, and the boss boxes greets us with a Me/quick!
Did the same thing again afew weeks later when i had 3 luck and we would drop the mission if the 2nd block wasnt this 'unique' one. Got my me/quick from same block pattern later in the day.

Example2
This is a more recent example, 3 luck, a solo gig in Ragan S2. I had Polty's spawn in the third wave of block 1 in the block that goes "Laser Fence > lock gate > laser fence." Having polty's spawn as a third wave there is extremely uncommon. The boss boxes dropped Storm and Kan Yu boards. I have a screenshot of the drops on another pc, i will post later~

Ithildin
Mar 7, 2008, 07:53 AM
One would hope so would one not? Especially as I am hunting Cart / Power and/or Solid / Knight (both found in boss boxes).

Then again, I've been hunting them with and w/o luck, I've been hunting for days now and still no luck (in finding them that is)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ithildin on 2008-03-07 04:55 ]</font>

Tulio07
Mar 7, 2008, 08:07 AM
people say no but my experiences make me think otherwise

Itsuki
Mar 7, 2008, 08:48 AM
On 2008-03-07 04:36, Cry0 wrote:
I am 100 % sure that rare drops from bosses increase with luck. 2 days ago I had 3 star luck, and did some duel in ruins s2 runs (10 or so), and got nearly every rare the boss has to offer, (except cati/hit, what i was actually hunting :/), I even got 2 twin tornado boards and a double agito board. I also got 4 par walnas
a day later i got 1 star luck, and doe 8 or so runz. Nothing dropped, except 1 or 2 9 star weapons, and all i got were par ashes.

Do you have any grasp of statistics? You need a larger sample size to really have any legitimate basis. 10 runs == itty bitty sample.

Lets say 10 runs, theres 2 boxes that can drop rares, and you get 5 rares. For 95% confidence, the drop rate could be anywhere from 44% to 6%. Thats a huge range. And really, theres usually only 2 boxes from a boss that can drop rares, so thats not too far off of accurate. To get an accurate estimate down to maybe a 2% range, you'd need around 7500 boxes or so. So unless you've done that area thousands of times in each luck, you can't give a definite answer.

Now, as I said before, with a log reader, a long time ago, someone did runs and found that there was a significant difference in the number of drops from monsters, but not in the actual drops themselves. To test boxes is harder though, as it can't be done with just a log parser. Perhaps that will be a job for me someday.

Angry_Panda
Mar 7, 2008, 08:48 AM
On 2008-03-07 04:36, Cry0 wrote:

so this makes me conclude that this is a statistical anomaly, or 3 star luck affects bosses.

point made.

You are confusing your "personal" (as in real life) luck with in-game luck. As already stated, boss boxes are always 100% drops and cannot be effected by luck. Your personal luck and what you found are, like you said, just a statistical anomaly. Personally I've gotten more stuffs on lvl2 luck then any other kind, but that doesn't make lvl 2 luck better then the rest...it just means I "personally" got lucky on those days...nothing to do with in-game luck.

Think of it like this...on normal enemies you are constantly rolling dice to see if any enemy drops any item. Just for kicks, let's say it'll drop an item if you roll 4-6, but if you roll 1-3 it drops nothing. Luck adds a bit to this so you have a better chance of rolling a 4-6 and getting something. Bosses however, are always a 4-6 roll, and therefore the chances of something dropping cannot be increased since it's always at max. What you get out of those boxes, though, is always random.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
True, real life statistics mixing with the game is a tough call. No matter the luck level, it's never done anything I could even perceive as a difference on Boss boxes.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 7, 2008, 09:30 AM
I have gotten some good boss box drops.

Vyre
Mar 7, 2008, 09:38 AM
I don't believe it effects boss boxes at all, however real life luck does seem to matter a lot.

The following is not fact or anything, just my PERSONAL experiences with luck.
0* luck: i've seen creas most of the time
1* luck: 5 double agitos, 2 cati/powers (before v.1 was readjusted), agito repca, 6 blackhearts.
2* luck: rappies, darbelans, jaggos (seems to be my rare monster luck)
3* luck: usually I don't even play, over a 8 month period, best I've gotten with 3* luck is a neptuline.

jobber
Mar 7, 2008, 09:57 AM
I say it does. When I have 2 or 3 star luck and my NPC/PM also have 2 or 3, I can find a rattlesnake and shigga baret in the same day.

If I only have 1 or none, it's no point in even trying.

Koji1m1
Mar 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
hmmm nope luck dosent effect boss boxes but yeah lately i have been getting crap from boxxes lately so it is kinda hard ro tell but its moslty real luck i actaully have a few friends that cfound A units and 11*s on thier very first runs so i guese its kinda random at best.

Angry_Panda
Mar 7, 2008, 11:35 AM
On 2008-03-07 06:57, jobber wrote:
I say it does. When I have 2 or 3 star luck and my NPC/PM also have 2 or 3, I can find a rattlesnake and shigga baret in the same day.

again, this is all personal luck. since you think 2 or 3* luck will yeild you something, you play more. since boss box drops are likely based on a set percent, the more you play, the more you will find.

on days with 0 or 1 luck, you don't bother playing, and cannot compare what you could *possibly* find on these days because you don't try.

statistically it looks like this - say boss boxes are set at 30% chance to drop a rattlesnake or baret on any given day regardless of luck (% is prolly way off, but the reasoning is correct). If you play 50 runs of goliath that day, 50x30%=15, so your odds would be that 15 out of those 50 runs could possibly yeild a baret or rattlesnake (if 30% drop was indeed true..not saying it is).

Now compare that to the days when you don't try. Let's for the sake of the arguement say you try a little, and do 5 runs on days where you have 0-1 luck, with that same 30% rate. Now, 5x30%=1.5. That means for every five runs you do, maybe 2 of them could possibly yeild something...most likely not.

Again, 30% boss drop rate is probably way off from what it actually is, I'm just using it as an example. If I had to guess, from personal experience, I'd say around 5-10% is more likely, so figure that back into the formula if you really want to check what your odds are.

The more you try, the more you will get with boss boxes. Luck does not add anything to them.

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 12:00 PM
Is the "drop rate boost" from GBR the same kind of boost as the drop rate boost from Luck?
GBR boost definitely affects the quality of boss box drops.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
On 2008-03-07 09:00, panzer_unit wrote:
Is the "drop rate boost" from GBR the same kind of boost as the drop rate boost from Luck?

lol. yeah without gbr, i'd never get hustle berries and note seeds!

Sekani
Mar 7, 2008, 12:22 PM

GBR apparently boosts the rare item drop rate on normal enemies (which is more than what Photon Fortune does), but neither personal nor anecdotal experience supports the claim that GBR improves boss box drops.

The truth is there is nothing in the game's code that will ever improve your odds of getting something good from a boss box. The drop rates are, have always been, and always will be pure shit.

Mikura
Mar 7, 2008, 12:25 PM
On 2008-03-07 09:22, Sekani wrote:

GBR apparently boosts the rare item drop rate on normal enemies (which is more than what Photon Fortune does), but neither personal nor anecdotal experience supports the claim that GBR improves boss box drops.

The truth is there is nothing in the game's code that will ever improve your odds of getting something good from a boss box. The drop rates are, have always been, and always will be pure shit.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that realized this...

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 12:36 PM
11* boss drops seem to come up way more often on GBR than the other missions I do... or comparing GBR boxes solo vs GBR boxes with a team at 250%+

It could be luck. It could be this freakishly long and consistent streak of luck.

Angry_Panda
Mar 7, 2008, 12:36 PM
On 2008-03-07 09:25, Mikura wrote:

nope...tried explaining to people in game since gbr was released that it did not effect boss drops in any way.

bad thing is that most of this community is as superstitious as a senior citizen in a bingo hall...if you scratch your nose or rub your jesus statue before a rare drops, suddenly every time you do it rares are dropping and that becomes the standard for your methods of getting rares.

not saying certain "methods" don't work, but in my experience, you have to beat the shit out of a stage to get what you want. and you will get it, it just takes the time and dedication, not voodoo.

Mikura
Mar 7, 2008, 12:40 PM
On 2008-03-07 09:36, Angry_Panda wrote:

nope...tried explaining to people in game since gbr was released that it did not effect boss drops in any way.

bad thing is that most of this community is as superstitious as a senior citizen in a bingo hall...if you scratch your nose or rub your jesus statue before a rare drops, suddenly every time you do it rares are dropping and that becomes the standard for your methods of getting rares.

not saying certain "methods" don't work, but in my experience, you have to beat the shit out of a stage to get what you want. and you will get it, it just takes the time and dedication, not voodoo.

I'd be more inclined to believe in these methods if they were grounded in fact rather than just hear say. But I agree, everyone seems to have their own beliefs when it comes to drops. If that's what you want to believe, fine. Just don't speak of it as if it were fact. That's what spreads rumors.

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 12:51 PM

So my anecdotal evidence doesn't count as ... what? Because why?

Where does this "truth" you claim come from? You haven't read through the game source code, so you're talking out your ass about boss drops every bit as much as I am.

Kryslin
Mar 7, 2008, 01:09 PM
What follows is purely anecdotal...

I've been running Scarred Planet A an average of 3 times daily, for the last 2 weeks. That's 28 runs.

Of 28 runs, on 2* days, I've gotten the more rare area drops (Vestaline, Junaline, Neptuline, Goldania, Armania). I've gone from having practically none to actually maxing Kerseline out...

Of those 28 runs, 15 of them have been "rare" maps - I've encountered 30 Rappy Amures. Lots of BT Lovers, A few rappy feathers, a serafi feather (but no Madam Brella!). This has been independant of photon fortune.

There are 8 boss boxes; so there are 224 chances to find the unit I'm looking for (A Hard/Night - Boss Box, Scarred Planet A) over 28 runs. A few kubara woods, some 7*-9* catalysts, but no unit. regardless of photon fortune.

I'll have to agree that photon fortune doesn't effect boss boxes, but it does affect area and creature drops (The mini-bosses at the end of Lightning beasts dropped an Bomber Noir board on a 3* day)...

Steve

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2008, 01:17 PM

You couldn't be the only one. This truth is MY life in PSU. Perserverance can help, but RL luck works more.

To tell the truth you can, and this has happened in this game, run something over 1000 times and not see 1 instance of what you're looking for. Maybe something available since right after launch, there's no guarrantee you'd ever see it if you keep running it by now. Maybe by 6 months from now, but it's possible to not see it with the time the game has currently been out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-07 10:22 ]</font>

Sekani
Mar 7, 2008, 01:21 PM
On 2008-03-07 09:51, panzer_unit wrote:

So my anecdotal evidence doesn't count as ... what? Because why?

Where does this "truth" you claim come from? You haven't read through the game source code, so you're talking out your ass about boss drops every bit as much as I am.

Statistically speaking your anecdotal sample size (one person) is inadequate, so your freakish streak of luck is not a factor.

Also there is a higher probability of me being right compared to you, because (1) I'm just that much more awesome, (2) there hasn't been a single drop rate rumor or hypothesis that has been proven true in over a year, and (3) I'm trying to do the "community" a favor by automatically invalidating every future rumor.

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
It`s all about the order of opening the boxes. Srsly. It`s meant ironic, and I say that because if I wouldn`t tell you, some people would overreact at this again.

JAFO22000
Mar 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:31, Mysterious-G wrote:
It`s all about the order of opening the boxes. Srsly. It`s meant ironic, and I say that because if I wouldn`t tell you, some people would overreact at this again.

In which order do you have to open the boxes to get the rares? I heard you start at the NORTHERN most box and open them in a clockwise manner.

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:21, Sekani wrote:
(1) I'm just that much more awesome, (2) there hasn't been a single drop rate rumor or hypothesis that has been proven true in over a year, and (3) I'm trying to do the "community" a favor by automatically invalidating every future rumor.

1) lol

2) there have been drop rate rumors and hypotheses AT ALL besides decor spot color feng-shui? I must have missed them. You get rares non-stop when you summon gohmon or use the black nanoblast and dual-wield axes, right?

GBR bonuses applying to boss boxes isn't like voodoo or anything. Supposing they apply to the chance of any drop being a rare item (seems pretty certain considering the rate 10*'s drop with the bonus closing in on 300%) ... those same rolls are made for boss boxes too, or else they'd always dump the exact same thing.

3) you're trying to keep rumors and stupidity off of the internet?

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 01:53 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:46, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2008-03-07 10:31, Mysterious-G wrote:

In which order do you have to open the boxes to get the rares? I heard you start at the NORTHERN most box and open them in a clockwise manner.

I think that thing was said in a thread a while ago.
I tried it out just to be certain, but it seems to be pretty much lamo-o.

Edit: Agh, wrong word.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-03-07 10:55 ]</font>

Angry_Panda
Mar 7, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:49, panzer_unit wrote:
GBR bonuses applying to boss boxes isn't like voodoo or anything. Supposing they apply to the chance of any drop being a rare item (seems pretty certain considering the rate 10*'s drop with the bonus closing in on 300%) ... those same rolls are made for boss boxes too, or else they'd always dump the exact same thing.

Ya, I've thought about that...and it somewhat makes sense too. Only thing I've noticed that conflicts with that theory is that the rare items ALWAYS SPAWN in the same boxes. If your theory was true, then in fact any box after a boss drop would have the potential to carry the rare board.

For example, I've only seen gudda hon boards drop in the center group of boxes, I think the back left or right (can't remember), after desert terror run.
Rattlesnakes will only spawn in the middle boxes (left hand row? again...can't remember) after golaith.

This still contributes to me believing that there is an overall boss drop % that is standalone, and not effected by anything else. If you land that %, instead of all boxes being randomized, you get a boss drop pattern that will always drop the rare boards in the exact same location.

If people have seen differently, speak up. .

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-03-07 11:10, Angry_Panda wrote:
Ya, I've thought about that...and it somewhat makes sense too. Only thing I've noticed that conflicts with that theory is that the rare items ALWAYS SPAWN in the same boxes. If your theory was true, then in fact any box after a boss drop would have the potential to carry the rare board.

I'm sure only one or maybe two specific boxes for each boss have rares in the list of stuff they can drop... I've never ever seen a rare drop in some other spot. De Rol, Fakis, Degahna, anybody. The rares - if any - are always in the same spot.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
You might have something on this. I don't really see enough to say it's a definite, but out of all rare Boss Drops, I've seen De Rol Le the most. Even if I fought him many times less than half the bosses I saw almost nothing from. However, I've seen the Carapice drop multiple times (being that to get all of it, you need 6 pieces), and I could swear I've seen it appear in the same box location each time. I could be wrong, though.

Leah
Mar 7, 2008, 03:03 PM
yes, there are only two boxes that drop anything worth noting on a lot of missions. de rol le's are the two in the center nearest the crystal, degahna's are two on the side (degahna materials come in a different box near the middle), mother brain's are in the second row up right side when facing the boxes etc. in aoi missions they usually drop note seed when they don't drop any rares, so they're easy to pick out.

also luck never effects my boss drops. personal experience.

MSAksion
Mar 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
*WARNING - RANG ALERT *klaxxon blaring

3 days this week i amazingly had max luck. And what do i have to show?

Monday - 12 hours day off straight playing day off - from the shrine lady. Not a single rare.
Tuesday - Max luck Newgirls - 8 hours straight playing - only a sanzu hiken (no one plays AF here)
Wednesday - Max luck male beasts (brother leading) - 7 hours got 3 ulteri [b] from the grove of Fanatics >__>

So max luck gets rares - NOPE. Did True Darkness S2, Grove of Fanatics with Killer shot rifles, did Demons Above S2 for a kick, did White Beast S to level Megid with friends, all the missions EVERYONE else does and we spam them. Why does max luck not get us anything?

Max luck supposedly makes regular drops more often so in grove in the red bot map at least one hirokteri NOPE. No Hirokteri and only scape dolls for boss boxes!

Because its a trick. It makes you play more and more often. Makes you order Pizza and chinese stead of making a good meal. Makes you rush home 20 minutes early with high hopes only to dissapoint. This is ridiculous how others claim they "Found another of them thar psycho wand [b]" and some of us have never seen an 11* drop.

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that Luck and GBR boost affect totally different things... Luck makes more stuff drop in-mission without changing what you're likely to see, while GBR (and FoI, 500%) modify the roll to determine the rarity of the drop.

If that's the case, Luck makes no difference at all to boss drops.

Sekani
Mar 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:49, panzer_unit wrote:
3) you're trying to keep rumors and stupidity off of the internet?

I was bored.

Vickie
Mar 7, 2008, 04:03 PM
luck does affect Boss boxes

xEndrance
Mar 7, 2008, 04:06 PM
Im not sure if the Luck affects the Boss Boxes because I spent 4 hours doing White Beasts and only got materials...

Vickie
Mar 7, 2008, 04:40 PM
naw im just Bullshittin

Ithildin
Mar 7, 2008, 04:58 PM
Heh, just found Cati / Power and I have full luck today... As you say... go figure... <.<

jobber
Mar 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
On 2008-03-07 08:35, Angry_Panda wrote:

On 2008-03-07 06:57, jobber wrote:

again, this is all personal luck. since you think 2 or 3* luck will yeild you something, you play more. since boss box drops are likely based on a set percent, the more you play, the more you will find.

on days with 0 or 1 luck, you don't bother playing, and cannot compare what you could *possibly* find on these days because you don't try.

statistically it looks like this - say boss boxes are set at 30% chance to drop a rattlesnake or baret on any given day regardless of luck (% is prolly way off, but the reasoning is correct). If you play 50 runs of goliath that day, 50x30%=15, so your odds would be that 15 out of those 50 runs could possibly yeild a baret or rattlesnake (if 30% drop was indeed true..not saying it is).

Now compare that to the days when you don't try. Let's for the sake of the arguement say you try a little, and do 5 runs on days where you have 0-1 luck, with that same 30% rate. Now, 5x30%=1.5. That means for every five runs you do, maybe 2 of them could possibly yeild something...most likely not.

Again, 30% boss drop rate is probably way off from what it actually is, I'm just using it as an example. If I had to guess, from personal experience, I'd say around 5-10% is more likely, so figure that back into the formula if you really want to check what your odds are.

The more you try, the more you will get with boss boxes. Luck does not add anything to them.

ha ha ha....I've ran atleast 25 DG runs in the last 2 weeks and I haven't found jack in the boss boxes. I haven't had 3 star luck in that time frame either.
During yesterday's run, 2 runs in a row I found 3 Mot Ebons in the boss boxes.

Leah
Mar 8, 2008, 03:56 AM
i've seen 2 blackhearts and 2 tesbras drop in 1 night on 1*. agito repca on 0*, rikauteri x2 and hirokteri x3 on 0-2*.. shigga baret on 1 and 2*. area drops seem a little better on 3*, but not really.

it's really up to how you perceive your luck, but i'd definitely say don't give up hunting for the night on 0-1*. you'd be surprised what you'd find.

also magas is one stingy m.f. when it comes to drops. i wouldn't be put off on his lack of rares. just my personal superstition though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

edit: i dunno why i keep wanting to spell his name maggas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leah on 2008-03-08 00:57 ]</font>

Satter
Mar 8, 2008, 05:33 AM
My experience has been that it doesn't effect it. I just found, and made, a Blackbull. I also found one of the armors that Dulk Fulkis drops. And this was on the first run. I had no star luck what so ever. I was also on uni 1:01 during primetime on a Friday night.

I think it's just the luck of the draw.

Kishin
Mar 8, 2008, 06:03 AM
Got 2 Cubo Tuma, 2 Tesbra and one Ank Zagza with 3 luck in mmm 3 hour.
Got 2 Rikauteri, a friend stealed one from me with luck 3,
got one Gudda Hon inone run, with luck 3,
got Psycho wand with luck 3... aah no w8 this isnt box boss... mmm
got Double Agito with luck 3...
and other things... still... I dont think is for the luck 3.
But mmm no one know this.
RubySion "Real luck is better than 3 stars luck."
Correct... and I find noobs have more luck of who
work hard for have a weapon...
Tested, 100%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kishin on 2008-03-08 03:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kishin on 2008-03-08 03:07 ]</font>

Leah
Mar 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
i don't even understand that post.

but of course, if you only play on 3 star luck, you'll only see drops on 3 star luck.

and no, it's not "tested, 100%" just because you say it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

jobber
Mar 8, 2008, 01:41 PM
hmmm

today I have 3 star luck and on my 2nd DG run, I got a rattlesnake board.

Angry_Panda
Mar 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
Just give up, it's like talking to brick walls. Reasons why luck doesn't effect boss boxes has been stated already, and instead of arguing points with proof, this is now degraded to a "your wrong, I'm right haha" situation.

It's like beating a dead horse now. You can't convince those with closed minds to think any differently then they want to. Believe whatever you want, it really doesn't matter. In the end, I'll be finding stuff any day of the week, while you guys limit yourselves to hunting only when you have luck. I win.

Kishin
Mar 8, 2008, 04:22 PM
I said I tested 100* noobs get anything without hunt for weeks a thing, and they get everything fast. I have seen some people, get a really rare items, and they was asking what that was... while other was hunting that since months... well this what I mean.
If you understand my bad english http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif of course I dont mean to say 100% tested on the luck, NO ONE can know this, so NO ONE can say " this is right, this is not", but everybody are free to believe what they want. I found too some S board with luck 1 or 0, but most with luck 3. Of course, you need real luck too. I wont convince anyone, I just said what I think. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But NO ONE can say if luck effect boss boxes or not. Unless you are one from sega XD btw leah... I play even with luck 0, 1 and 2 -.- but since sega have raise the drop,
I see good rop only with luck 3 thats all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

JarinKail
Mar 8, 2008, 04:28 PM
I thought it was fairly well proven a while back that photon fortune has NO effect on boss boxes at all.

stukasa
Mar 8, 2008, 04:49 PM
Photon Fortune increases the "drop everything" rate.
Photon Fortune does not increase the quality of drops, only the quantity.
Boss boxes already have a 100% drop rate.
Therefore, Photon Fortune has no effect on boss box drops.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Akio-Kasai
Mar 8, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm a tad confused, because I hear that the boss boxes have a 100% drop rate, which while that is true, the items inside have their own % of coming out, so wouldn't 3* luck effect that. We're don't change the enemies drop rate, because if 3* luck put the enemies drop rate to 100% then there would be no effect on the items they drop, just that they have to drop an item. Which is obviously not the case, I think that it effects the items inside the boxes, improving the chances for the rarer ones to emerge.

JarinKail
Mar 8, 2008, 06:29 PM
IIRC, boss box contents are determined at the start of the mission. Luck really has nothing to do with it.

jobber
Mar 9, 2008, 12:31 AM
that sounds like it may be true....

I'm thinking it's like 10 different variations of drops for each map.

Like Desert Goliath. It's 6 different maps that could spawn. The map I always run is the map with the 4 robots spawn at the start. I've run this map numerous times. When a Muzzlefever board drops in the 2nd room/spawn (this is the only time it drops on this map), you're getting a shigga baret board in a boss box. This has always been the case with me.

Sekani
Mar 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
On 2008-03-08 15:29, JarinKail wrote:
IIRC, boss box contents are determined at the start of the mission. Luck really has nothing to do with it.

It's all random. All the boxes are guaranteed to drop something, and a few of them have a small chance to drop something worthwhile. If you happen to be in the lucky 1 or 2 percent, congratulations.

pikachief
Mar 9, 2008, 05:53 PM
Luck increases drop rates not RARE drop rates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

boss boxes always drop something, thus cannot be increased! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif yay end of story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DEM_CIG
Mar 9, 2008, 06:15 PM
3 star luck does not effect drop rates....

Akio-Kasai
Mar 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
On 2008-03-09 15:53, pikachief wrote:
Luck increases drop rates not RARE drop rates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

boss boxes always drop something, thus cannot be increased! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif yay end of story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

This keeps being said, but that isn't what's meant, it's the items inside.

We ALL know boxes always drop something, but the items INSIDE have their own rate.

GuardianElite
Mar 9, 2008, 10:11 PM
On 2008-03-09 16:57, Akio-Kasai wrote:

We ALL know boxes always drop something, but the items INSIDE have their own rate.

Yeah called rare drop rate and 3 star luck doesnt effect it...

Akio-Kasai
Mar 10, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-03-09 20:11, GuardianElite wrote:

Then why does it effect the monsters? >_>

If it effects a monsters drop rate, it's in turn boosting all of the items drop rates, which in turn is boosting their rare drop rate >_>

DAMASCUS
Mar 10, 2008, 01:59 AM
Just to join in the fun. It DOES seem to effect the quality of level box items. I definitely see more rare materials from boxes when luck is higher.

GuardianElite
Mar 10, 2008, 03:31 AM
On 2008-03-09 23:49, Akio-Kasai wrote:

If it effects a monsters drop rate, it's in turn boosting all of the items drop rates, which in turn is boosting their rare drop rate >_>

Rare drop rate is statistic on how rare itll drop and Drop anything Rate effects how often an item is drop which could be rare or common

GuardianElite
Mar 10, 2008, 03:32 AM
On 2008-03-10 01:31, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2008-03-09 23:49, Akio-Kasai wrote:

Rare drop rate is statistic on how rare itll drop and Drop anything Rate effects how often an item is drop which could be rare or common

Boss boxes are at 100% drop anything rate only way it could go up would be to drop 2 items and turn wouldnt happen..

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 11:52 AM
On 2008-03-08 21:31, jobber wrote:
Like Desert Goliath. It's 6 different maps that could spawn. The map I always run is the map with the 4 robots spawn at the start. I've run this map numerous times. When a Muzzlefever board drops in the 2nd room/spawn (this is the only time it drops on this map), you're getting a shigga baret board in a boss box. This has always been the case with me.

I've seen the same thing on Scarred Planet S... on occasions when I get a [b] Sweet Deathic quickly in the mission, I always get a Crimson in the boss boxes too.

Angry_Panda
Mar 10, 2008, 01:14 PM
On 2008-03-10 09:52, panzer_unit wrote:
I've seen the same thing on Scarred Planet S... on occasions when I get a [b] Sweet Deathic quickly in the mission, I always get a Crimson in the boss boxes too.

It's highly likely that stage item spawns and boss boxes *could* be linked to one another.

I think you're getting into a whole area of predetermined item drop lists that would then be linked to specific boss box drop patterns [as I previously suggested]....which would be considered sacreligious to some members here who have believed random drop theories for 1+ years of psu.

What you then arrive at, is how lazy ST was when they coded the game. I firmly believe they took every possible shortcut they could to arrive at the final product quickest - which would make me think some intern was copying/pasting standard item drop lists instead of a programmer going in a manually assigning random drop patterns for every enemy on every variance of the map. With that mindset, it's much easier to visualize sega having like ie 50 standard item drop lists that are linked to boss box drop patterns, and 1 out of these 50 standard lists is chosen at the beginning of each map. The boss boxes would then be set every time (with no chance of randomness), while increases of luck would technically allow for more items on the list to be pulled (or more occurances of them).

Really, I have no idea...nobody ever will (like someone stated) until they rip apart ST's code. But it's a theory, and a fun one to think about at that.