PDA

View Full Version : Tylor: an NPC worth one thousand

panzer_unit
Mar 7, 2008, 11:03 AM
I didn't get a chance to bring Tylor along on a mission until last night, holy crap he's awesome.

Really aggressive with constant Rising Strikes, really damaging... like I've seen 3000 on a proper-element PA critical, and he uses the full combo on Assault Crush with his alseva whateva's. He blasts a lot too.

If only ST could give a matching tune-up to match for other NPCs, all the bosses, and all the regular monsters.

Chris28
Mar 7, 2008, 11:12 AM
yeah i bring him along on my Electronic Brain S runs because the added damage is very nice.

Andy1423
Mar 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
If they beefed up the A.I. just a bit more to match that of Alford's, and if we had the ability to equip our PM's then the support we would get from our AI counterparts would be awesome

Darius_Drake
Mar 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
So Alfort is that much better than all the other npc you can bring? That is sweet. What do you have to do to get his card. I did all the missions in episode 2, but he didn't give me his card.

Chris28
Mar 7, 2008, 11:24 AM
umm defeat him, shake his hand, and i think thats it?

Darius_Drake
Mar 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
Ok. I am going to try that when I get home. Hopefully that is all I need to get is card.

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2008, 11:30 AM
Yea he's great, he actually ended a Mother Brain fight for me, got a Grand Cross out of it...Shit was SO cash.

Darius_Drake
Mar 7, 2008, 11:41 AM
Dang, now I want to call off just to get home and get Tylor. I think I have 3 star luck today. Nice pick up with the Grand Cross.

darkante
Mar 7, 2008, 11:52 AM
Tylor and Leo really helps me when i use my FT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
They are a big help for me when i battle those 3 Svaltus on SW S2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-03-07 08:26, Darius_Drake wrote:
Ok. I am going to try that when I get home. Hopefully that is all I need to get is card.

Meh, that hand shaking is not true.
@Topic: I actually get pretty bored of Tylor`s sentences... And I think Tonnio is shlightly better.
But oh well. *shrugs*

Mag_Launcher
Mar 7, 2008, 01:38 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:05, Mysterious-G wrote:

On 2008-03-07 08:26, Darius_Drake wrote:

@Topic: I actually get pretty bored of Tylor`s sentences... And I think Tonnio is shlightly better.
But oh well. *shrugs*

Uhhh... actually, it is. Though what was NOT mentioned in this thread so far is that you MUST have the entirety of episode 2 completed (online, of course) on your character attempting to get the card for it to give it to you.

Also, it goes something like this:
-Skip to trial part 1, beat it, blah
-Choose "We can't bow down to Tylor!" (though I hear this choice has no bearing on the card)
-Then of course, defeat Tylor
-Choose "You weren't the only ones hit by tragedy"
-Choose "I'll go save them myself" (not the exact wording here but you'll get it.)
-Choose "Go to the northern continent" (don't think this one is important but do it anyway)
-Skip to trial part 2, beat it, etc...
-Choose "Shake Tylor's hand"

That is the EXACT way I obtained his card, so this should work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2008-03-07 10:47 ]</font>

LaughingMan
Mar 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
On 2008-03-07 08:30, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Yea he's great, he actually ended a Mother Brain fight for me, got a Grand Cross out of it...Shit was SO cash.

/b/tard in mai psu board more likely then you think

and ya someone had him in a party i was in and he was doing some sick damage and didn't spam text chat with obvious or irrelevant side notes. He's good in my book

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 02:00 PM
I didn`t shake his hand. And only cleared it once. Got his card. So how am I supposed to think it`s neccesary? :/

Chris28
Mar 7, 2008, 02:02 PM
doesnt seem logical for tylor to give you his card after you say that you want to fight him again. lol

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 02:05 PM
He laughs and says that he don`t want to stay between the famous duo. (Something like that.)
But yeah, I got his card.
(I took "fight him again", cause I really thought I would get another chance to get a bh from him. :3)

EDIT: How the hell could I write femous??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-03-07 11:15 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Mar 7, 2008, 02:13 PM
Huh... well, ok, but I agree with Sinow, it does seem to be a bit off to still get his card after that choice.

Dragwind
Mar 7, 2008, 02:15 PM

Shit was SO rad? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2008, 02:19 PM
By the way you're talking (and the topic title), are you sure that Tylor is the Dynasty Warrior General of this game?

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
It can`t be.. Am I the only one who chose to not shake his hand but still got his card??
Cause I feel pretty dumb right now, too bad I can`t prove it anymore.

ThePendragon
Mar 7, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I always bring him along. He's pretty awesome.

stukasa
Mar 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
Oh, Tylor's that good? I got his card but I haven't had a chance to use him yet. I'll be sure to check him out next time I solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Whenever that may be...

desturel
Mar 7, 2008, 03:03 PM
On 2008-03-07 11:41, Mysterious-G wrote:
It can`t be.. Am I the only one who chose to not shake his hand but still got his card??

Nope. I have him with three characters. One shook his hand. Two fought him. It doesn't matter what you choose in the mission. As long as you finished all prior story missions you get his card.

On 2008-03-07 11:56, stukasa wrote:
Oh, Tylor's that good? I got his card but I haven't had a chance to use him yet. I'll be sure to check him out next time I solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Whenever that may be...

He's pretty good depending on the situation. His main power is because he's a Fortefighter 1 while most Leo and Tonnio are Hunter 1. Also he's 5 levels higher than you are and his photon arts are all level 21+. Tonnio's are only level 11+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-03-07 12:09 ]</font>

Mysterious-G
Mar 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-03-07 12:03, desturel wrote:

On 2008-03-07 11:41, Mysterious-G wrote:

Nope. I have him with three characters. One shook his hand. Two fought him. It doesn't matter what you choose in the mission. As long as you finished all prior story missions you get his card.

Jeez... Thank you!

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2008, 03:16 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:57, LaughingMan wrote:

and ya someone had him in a party i was in and he was doing some sick damage and didn't spam text chat with obvious or irrelevant side notes. He's good in my book

I don't go to that CP infested cesspool o' doom. >_>

pionear
Mar 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
On 2008-03-07 10:38, Mag_Launcher wrote:

[quote]On 2008-03-07 08:26, Darius_Drake wrote:

But oh well. *shrugs*

Uhhh... actually, it is. Though what was NOT mentioned in this thread so far is that you MUST have the entirety of episode 2 completed (online, of course) on your character attempting to get the card for it to give it to you.

-Choose "We can't bow down to Tylor!" (though I hear this choice has no bearing on the card)
-Choose "I'll go save them myself" (not the exact wording here but you'll get it.)
-Choose "Go to the northern continent" (don't think this one is important but do it anyway)

It worked for me, thanks...

LaughingMan
Mar 7, 2008, 11:50 PM
On 2008-03-07 12:16, Jakomay_07 wrote:

then stop using our memes...lol

RemiusTA
Mar 8, 2008, 12:09 AM
keep 4chan in 4chan plz, nobody cares about you losers

LaughingMan
Mar 8, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-03-07 21:09, RemiusTA wrote:
keep 4chan in 4chan plz, nobody cares about you losers

1 and 2 plZ god

Jakosifer
Mar 8, 2008, 01:35 AM
On 2008-03-07 20:50, LaughingMan wrote:

Does friend from New Jersey mean a thing to you? Not everyone knows what a dumb /b/ meme is, and now that I know that ick..*erases it from his list of things to say to annoy people after saying a sentence*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2008-03-07 22:53 ]</font>

LaughingMan
Mar 8, 2008, 02:17 AM
On 2008-03-07 22:35, Jakomay_07 wrote:

On 2008-03-07 20:50, LaughingMan wrote:

Does friend from New Jersey mean a thing to you? Not everyone knows what a dumb /b/ meme is, and now that I know that ick..*erases it from his list of things to say to annoy people after saying a sentence*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2008-03-07 22:53 ]</font>

no john doesn't mean anything to me but still it's the principle of the thing and i can already tell i'm gonna get banned from this board soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mysterious-G
Mar 8, 2008, 02:33 AM
On 2008-03-07 18:21, pionear wrote:

On 2008-03-07 10:38, Mag_Launcher wrote:

[quote]On 2008-03-07 08:26, Darius_Drake wrote:

But oh well. *shrugs*

It worked for me, thanks...

That does not mean that "Fight Tylor again" is the choice you won`t get his card. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I got it with that choice, so meh.
Now I am not sure if those questions even matter.

Deissa
Mar 8, 2008, 08:03 AM
Getting Tylor's card only requires that you beat Ep2 and shake his hand at the end. Anything else makes NO difference whatsoever.

Mysterious-G
Mar 8, 2008, 08:18 AM
On 2008-03-08 05:03, Cadamar wrote:
Getting Tylor's card only requires that you beat Ep2 and shake his hand at the end. Anything else makes NO difference whatsoever.

You DON`T have to shake his hand, damn it all! >_>*

Deissa
Mar 8, 2008, 08:24 AM
i... guess it's possible. well, let someone else test it <_<

Aries2384
Mar 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
All your theories are junk. Everyone has gotten him everyway possible. I've beaten all EP.2 and done everything everyone has said and STILL haven't gotten his card. I think its luck. Like drops unfortunately. Its aggrivating me. Im wondering if you have to do it on A rank if your character is higher lvl. I have no idea. But all your theories are shit. There's another piece of information we're all missing here, unless its just purely random.

Deissa
Mar 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
there there poppet

Libram
Mar 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
Check your card list. I tried getting Tylor's card many, many times before I noticed my list was full.

Aries2384
Mar 9, 2008, 07:51 PM
Good point Libram but I usually only keep my Card list at 1 page. 4 pages is just a pain in the ass and is waaayy too many people for me to keep track of.

Eyce_Theon
Mar 9, 2008, 08:49 PM
Beating the prior story missions is Tylor's only requirement for his card, people. I got him with two characters, who both made opposite choices in the mission.

Aries2384
Mar 9, 2008, 09:36 PM
And I am telling you that I HAVE beaten ALL prior story missions and I have not recieved his card. I think there is another factor that we are missing here.

Dragonrider29
Mar 9, 2008, 10:02 PM
I've ran Restorations 5 times now and still have not received Tylors' card.

Any idea why?

Gunslinger-08
Mar 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
On 2008-03-09 19:36, Aries2384 wrote:
And I am telling you that I HAVE beaten ALL prior story missions and I have not recieved his card. I think there is another factor that we are missing here.

I've had the same problem. I don't understand why I can't get his card... :

Kirie
Mar 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
Check if you have beat all 10 chapters in Ep. 2 there are 2 pages of missions... I missed the 2nd page and ran restoration for 5 times before finding that out.

Aries2384
Mar 10, 2008, 05:00 AM
Ill say it ONE more time. I have gone through ALL Story line missions. There is a FACTOR we are MISSING. As in, something that affects the card that we DO NOT YET KNOW ABOUT. There are way too many variables that seem to be affecting the distribution of Tylor's card. We need an official statement http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 08:56 AM
Did you win the fight against him? I didn't get him my first time through, I won the fight on my next and got his card.

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 10:31 AM
I tried the mission this morring real quick, and maybe im retarted or something, but did anyone else have trouble with the laser fence in the first part? I tried for about ten minuets going through all the possiblites, and I eventually had to quit cause I had to go to work. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Mysterious-G
Mar 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
On 2008-03-10 08:31, Andy1423 wrote:
I tried the mission this morring real quick, and maybe im retarted or something, but did anyone else have trouble with the laser fence in the first part? I tried for about ten minuets going through all the possiblites, and I eventually had to quit cause I had to go to work. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

If you think of the same one as me, I had the same problem. Until I found the warp behind a stone wall.
You should have no problem with finding it.

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
If you think of the same one as me, I had the same problem. Until I found the warp behind a stone wall.

I'm pretty sure I got that one, its the one after that. where the right side theres 4 switches, an on/off in a pair. and on the LEFT side there's two switches that only seem to reset the switches on the right....Is there a portal here?

Mysterious-G
Mar 10, 2008, 10:51 AM
On 2008-03-10 08:41, Andy1423 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I got that one, its the one after that. where the right side theres 4 switches, an on/off in a pair. and on the LEFT side there's two switches that only seem to reset the switches on the right....Is there a portal here?

Should be that one, yeah.

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I'll try it when i get off work

Detonator
Mar 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
Managed to remember correctly how I got the card. What I wrote here earlier was totally messed up. I remember following things...

S-ranked the first mission
"Cannot bow to Tylor"
Kicked Tylor's arse
"You are not the only one hit by tragedy"
Did not choose the "IŽll save them myself" but the other one, just donŽt remember what the line was
"Go to northern continent"
Took my sweet time killing stuff and C-ranked the mine mission
"Shake Tylor's hand"

His damage output is quite nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Detonator on 2008-03-10 20:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Detonator on 2008-03-10 20:20 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 10, 2008, 11:24 PM
Seeing how i know i havent done every mission, when i come home on thursday i will do every mission on the highest i can i believe it A.....

I also realized that no one mentioned what difficulty they did it on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Detonator
Mar 11, 2008, 06:15 AM
C difficulty here

desturel
Mar 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
On 2008-03-10 21:24, Charger89 wrote:
I also realized that no one mentioned what difficulty they did it on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The first time I got his card I did it on B (because I didn't want any PA frags.

"Look at Laia"
"I'll go"
"New Guardians"
"IŽll save them myself" (the other one was guardians don't abandon their friends)
"Talk to Lumia"
"Fight Tylor again"

I got his card.

The second time I got his card I did (on B rank again, still don't want PA frags):

"Show Anger"
"I'll go with you"
"Cannot bow to Tylor"
"Guardian's don't abandon their friends"
"Leave Lumia behind"
"Shake Tylor's hand"

I didn't get Tylor's card, but then I remembered I didn't do chapter 10 on this character, so I beat up Curtz and Magashi and did it over again.

Skip to trial
"We can't bow to Tylor"
"The rogues can't fight alone"
"Guardian's don't abandon their friends"
"Leave Lumia behind"
"Fight with Tylor"

I got Tylor's card again.

I can't remember what I chose the third time I got his card, but I did chose the "Fight Tylor again" option instead of "Go to northern continent".

lokey013
Mar 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
Sweet I just got him last night....thanks Mag_Launcher for the tips! Can't wait to use him tonight =)

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2008, 09:33 PM
I found something very interesting.............
go to this: http://psupedia.info/Alfort_Tylor#_note-0

it says all you need to do is.........
Alfort Tylor's partner card has three requirements: clear Episode 2 Chapter 10 Act 2 then defeat Tylor in Episode 3 Chapter 2 Act 1 then clear Episode 3 Chapter 2 Act 2

So basically what mysterious-G said is possible...you could say fight him again....

So infact i dont think it matters what you say in the game.
For some one who hasnt got Tylors card, please confirm this

Diabloverde
Mar 12, 2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you Mag_Launcher. Your info was correct.