PDA

View Full Version : Online: Male beast GT question..

lantis-zagato
Mar 8, 2008, 08:08 AM
Hello,
Quick question for other GunTechers. I have a beast GT max player and class lvl. Now, I never bothered much with offensive techs because I had lower Tp than say a newman or human obviously. But, now that I hear we are going to get lvl 30 attack techs I am debating if I should pick up a few extra tech PA's. I currently have use Diga (lol) as well as the usual buffs, debuffs, resta, giresta, reverser. So, to get to my question: What, if any, new attack Techs should I start leveling for my male beast guntecher??? I was thinking megid because it is piercing and powerful once it levels a bit. But I was also thinking about nosdiga which i can pair with diga and get the TP boost. I really don't know. So someone please enlighten me? P.S. If you feel it is totally frivilous(SP?) to even bother with any of them as a beast feel free to let me know why. I'm just looking for some input. Thanks everyone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-08 11:10 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 8, 2008, 08:11 AM
I recommend barta, but it's evil to level up.

Dragwind
Mar 8, 2008, 09:13 AM
Ra techs.

Magus_84
Mar 8, 2008, 09:55 AM
Ramegid, Megid, Foie and probably Nosdiga. Regrants if you want to use Zagenga easily, for soloing or whatever. Hard to keep the low HP in a team, since you're probably going to be the main healer. Here's my reasoning:

Ramegid- Inflicts SE3 Confuse at level 21+. Techs, unlike bullets, can inflict SEs on shielded enemies. In other words, this is basically a free ghetto Confuse trap, with a few castings. Great for long missions with lots of shielded casters that'll run you out of your five Confuse Trap Gs quickly.

Megid- Bots. This is mainly useful because Killer Shot is such a PP vacuum. With instakill, I've found that quantity typically outweighs quality. The more instakilling stuff you can throw out there on a larger number of targets, the better you have a chance of killing them. Megid's cheaper and pierces, great for clumped-up groups of robots.

Foie- SE4 burn, at 21. Also does pretty good damage, and is faster than Diga. You can put this on a Madoog or Wand, and still have space for another tech (or 3), an off-hand gun or a dagger/saber. Compare this with Rifle and Bow, your other SE4 options, that require two hands. With GT's immense array of options, pallette space becomes valuable real estate rather quickly. Of course, you'll still want a Rifle or Bow around for bosses, but Foie may be more convenient during the mission for lighting big things on fire.

Nosdiga- Stun is good. Damage is good. This does both.

Regrants- Mainly for use when paired with Zagenga, or a one-handed replacement for the Mayalee Prism you may or may not be using.

lantis-zagato
Mar 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you for the input. Some of those options I hadn't even considered. Here's my pallet...
wand/mag -- buffs
wand/ xbow -- diga & resta
wand/ xbow -- resta & giresta
wand/ xbow -- resta & reverser
wand/ card -- debuffs
bow

All elemental xbow skills are 21+ and all card skills are 11+ with half of them being in mid 20ish range. 4 Bow skills all 21+. So I'm thinking I really want megid and nosdiga but I don't use Zagenga so Regrants is not really imperative. Do you think I should also add ramegid? And if I did add those 3 skills how should I rearrange my pallet. Also, I do use twin handguns a bit and keep a few as back up. Keep the info coming all of your answers have been extremely insightful and I really just need some different opinions before I spend time lvling up techs for the long haul. Thanks again.

JarinKail
Mar 8, 2008, 04:34 PM
Megid for sure and I'd go with Foie/Barta. I'd also ditch Resta and just use Giresta unless it's an absolute emergency, but that's just me. I'd adjust the palette as such

wand/rcsm - buffs
wand/xbow - Megid/Giresta
wand/xbow - Giresta/Reverser
wand/xbow - Foie(Barta/Diga)/Giresta
wand/card - Giresta/Barta(Diga/Foie) debuffs really aren't that important IMO

I like to have Resta/Giresta on all wands just so I can pop in a heal if need be while still being mobile and able to dish out damage and SEs.