PDA

View Full Version : favorite event so far?

SStrikerR
Mar 9, 2008, 10:16 AM
What was you're favorite event so far, and why?
(Yes I'm adding gbr to this.)

If you liked firebreak...just post it until a mod adds the fb option to the poll.

Personally..I hated them all except for one part of each of them.

Firebreak-PHOTON ERASER!!!!

1up cup-The club music was great imo

Winter Event-Gaining around 20 levels playing very casually is awesome =D

GBR-I found some great drops that made me some money. (which all left me within 2 days)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2008-03-09 08:41 ]</font>

DAMASCUS
Mar 9, 2008, 10:19 AM
Is it too late to add Firebreak? That was my favorite by far.

SStrikerR
Mar 9, 2008, 10:20 AM
On 2008-03-09 08:19, DAMASCUS wrote:
Is it too late to add Firebreak? That was my favorite by far.

oh shit I knew i forgot an event >_< Hey if a mod sees this please add firebreak in there..

darkante
Mar 9, 2008, 10:21 AM
1-Up..first time i actually got an S-rank where on that event.

The Meteor Cannon were my first drop.
And happy i were back then haha.
Hard to beat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chris28
Mar 9, 2008, 10:22 AM
i missed the first 3 events, so ill go with GBR!!! ^_^

pikachief
Mar 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
*tries to control rage at people calling GBR an event*

I'll go with 1up cup

Freeze
Mar 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
I didn't get to play Fire Break much although it had the most original play of all and if I had the oportunity to play it more it might have made the top of my list, so I'd have to say 1 Up. Winter Break was just a hash of every thing we played and got kinda boring.

Jakosifer
Mar 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
Firebreak easily, which you don't have in the poll. >_>

I say Firebreak because you actually needed to use Teamwork (And not just have x amount of people in a team either), needed actual coordination and understanding. Plus it was actually challenging to an extent. The other events are pure disappointments in comparison to Firebreak, least in my opinion, they seem more like giveaways than anything else.

(Although one mission in 1 UP was pretty teamworkish...Moatoob one I believe)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2008-03-09 09:25 ]</font>

Ithildin
Mar 9, 2008, 11:01 AM
No.1 Firebreak No.2 1up

josher_09
Mar 9, 2008, 11:21 AM
what about the carnival come on!!!!!!!!

josher_09
Mar 9, 2008, 11:24 AM
OH YEAH AND FAR AS GBR GOES MY OPINION ITS JUST THERE TO MAKE VERSION 1 WEAPONS MORE COMMON YEA ITS NOT AN EVENT THATS FOR SURE

DarkEliteRico
Mar 9, 2008, 11:42 AM
Firebreak, and then 1.up

Sylpheed
Mar 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-03-09 09:24, josher_09 wrote:
OH YEAH AND FAR AS GBR GOES MY OPINION ITS JUST THERE TO MAKE VERSION 1 WEAPONS MORE COMMON YEA ITS NOT AN EVENT THATS FOR SURE

CAPS FTW!!!!!

Anyway, i voted Firebreak for the fact that at the time of the event the game was actually still challenging which made it hell of a fun event. Also, as someone has already said the missions required teamwork to get an S. Espeically for Urgent Orders, such an awesome mission.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 9, 2008, 12:15 PM
1Up Cup was, in my opinion, the best deviation from typical play. It's also where I made and solidified a lot of connections with people I regularly party with now.

Ezodagrom
Mar 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
When I started playing firebreak was already over, so I couldn't try it, but would have liked to try it x_x
The ones I played, 1up, Winter event, GBR, I liked 1up the most.

Isabella
Mar 9, 2008, 12:40 PM
firebreak was definitely Hella fun, it turned people sour though <.<;
Puyo Fever indeed. And Twin snowy claws were <3

stukasa
Mar 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
I pick 1Up but they were all good for different reasons.

Firebreak was our first event so it'll always have a special place in my heart. It also felt the most like a "real" event since there was a story about fire-type SEED spreading across the planets and we all had to work together to purify them. One thing I didn't like is that you HAD to use teamwork to pass some of the missions (due to switches and stuff). Don't get me wrong, playing in large teams can be fun sometimes, but other times I'd rather play in a small party (like two people), and basically if I didn't have three other teammates I could only do a couple of the FB missions.

The Winter Event was good for one reason only: huge EXP and MP. A lot of people complained about n00bs leveling faster than their PAs but I didn't party with randoms anyway so it didn't affect me.

I don't consider GBR an event so that one's out.

1Up was the event we waited for the longest and it's the one I got the most out of. It was fun figuring out the locations of all the 1Up Chips and the layouts of the rare maps. Oh, and the EX Missions were great! The fact that normal players could actually get rares was a big deal back then. If anyone remembers pre-AoI drop rates, they...sucked. After a year of playing, to finally get some rares makes 1Up my choice for being the best event so far. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aorre
Mar 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
Firebreak for the cool drops, then Winter Event for experience.

Noblewine
Mar 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
Neither. My first event was group picture. It was fun to see who else would show up. However the spammers that were there kinda ruined it for me. ><

Thela
Mar 9, 2008, 03:00 PM
Firebreak for the nice setting and premise. Both 1UP and Winter Event were just 'hay guyz run through our VR simulator' which, really, is just tired and unoriginal.

Winter Event is a close second though, just because it allowed me to raise my alt to a decent level, and didn't outstay its welcome.

Weeaboolits
Mar 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
GBR, since I wasn't around for 1Up or Firebreak.

Cz
Mar 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
1up Cup was the better event so far. I want to try out MAG when it comes out! whenever i have time to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Eyce_Theon
Mar 9, 2008, 03:35 PM
Firebreak, of course.

DEM_CIG
Mar 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
Fire break since i missed the 1up, most the winter event, and missed the valantine rappy's... Jaggo slaying FTW !!!

gryphonvii
Mar 9, 2008, 06:14 PM
fire break, it was original, and the beginning of the easy days.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Firebreak has been the only event I have been here for so I guess that one takes my vote. Even if after a bajillion runs I never did get my Claws or Puyo Aura.

Packrat
Mar 9, 2008, 07:30 PM
Firebreak was my favourite. It had great missions and really got people going.. <3

ashley50
Mar 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
On 2008-03-09 09:21, josher_09 wrote:
what about the carnival come on!!!!!!!!

You do know US servers haven't gotten it yet right? >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-09 17:49 ]</font>

ITaiyshaX
Mar 9, 2008, 08:06 PM
1up was crazy and firebreak is so cool with the sonichi's

unicorn
Mar 9, 2008, 11:48 PM
Firebreak.

I met some REALLY nice people during it. The gameplay involved innocent teamwork. No dakljfdk drops, just PURE fun.

--

1up was nice too, but it introduced a very dark, corrupted side to PSU. I think people started becoming really greedy around this time. Majarra spammers and Mgun glitches got all the rarz.

Winterevent. Great for lvling, but some phucktards really thought they could get 11*s out of this. Two weeks later we get droprate increase for v1 missions, LOL. Atleast I lvled my alts during this event and didn't waste *all* of my time looking for rares that weren't going to drop. This event was butchered with the advant of Majarra, Jabroga, and Chikki. Have fun techers and gunners, fighters dont need you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-09 21:49 ]</font>

Xefi
Mar 9, 2008, 11:53 PM
i enjoyed playing 1up more than the other events, so 1up for me.

Mikura
Mar 10, 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm also going to have to say 1up. Got lots of nice rares from it and managed to meet some new friends during the event too. Plus, it helped keep me going until AotI came out. Without 1up, I probably would have quit PSU until the expansion came out.

mvffin
Mar 10, 2008, 01:03 AM
Firebreak. I just wish i was higher level back then. I only got into A rank missions on like the last day or two.

Feelmirath
Mar 10, 2008, 01:33 AM
1UP, but I would have chosen Firebreak had the game mechanisms been sorted out then.

TQS
Mar 10, 2008, 01:37 AM
1up by far. i got tired of the other events real quick. Winter break was a complete waste of time unless you wanted to lvl up all your characters to 120.

landman
Mar 10, 2008, 02:18 AM
Firebreak: challenging free missions with your Partner Machine FTW

amtalx
Mar 10, 2008, 06:43 AM
I think 1UP was pretty lame. Sure, it threw S-ranks at everyone, but it wasn't very much fun after a while. The only diffrence between a normal Free Mission and 1UP was that you had to pick up glowing orbs 1UP Chips. Creative.

At the very least, Firebreak added a couple new enemies (I still remember getting nailed for 2500 from a Fire Olgohmon...I only had 2300 HP at the time), a gameplay element that actually required teamwork via the Photon Erasers, and a point system that made me want to contribute.

EMPYREAN
Mar 10, 2008, 06:43 AM
Firebreak on the TOP, then 1UP on 2nd.
winter event was a bit boring as it had nothing to do in it but grinding. not playd GBR cuz i hate moa.

chibiLegolas
Mar 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
On 2008-03-09 21:48, super_luu wrote:
Firebreak.

I met some REALLY nice people during it. The gameplay involved innocent teamwork. No dakljfdk drops, just PURE fun.

Agree. I loved Firebreak the most for several reasons. I love timed missions to give us that urgent feeling in missions. And these required pure teamwork in all missions. PLUS, all planets have VERY different play style to what objective you needed to do.

Save Maotoob! Endless Nightmare feel BEFORE all the game/stat adjustments! NO JA/JC, old class stats, SE MEANT something. Mayalee Fury/Prism was fun and still useful to use, etc.

Parum: Love the teamwork we needed with spliting up. We needed a decoy team and purify'n team, etc.
*sniff* It feels kinda close to C-mode from PSO days....
*sniff*
Now if only they temp reduce our levels/equipement and force us to use the armor/weapon drops within the missions. Then it'll be PERFECT!

Neudiz: Eep! Death fireballs? Run away!
Finding ways to knock them down before the death foies come out were fun. Especially with the OLD death penalty rules.

ThEoRy
Mar 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
I think some may be forgetting how extremely boring Firebreak became towards the end. Lots of players took some time off during that event. I guess I'd say 1 up but the same can be said there. These events seem to drag on towards the end, and ya just wanna go back to regular missions.

MSAksion
Mar 10, 2008, 05:08 PM
Firebreak was the BEST because you could have SIX PEOPLE.

I hate the 4 people limitations. I mean even if an NPC were to join you still could have a 5th person with you. You could have say 3 people purify the big pods while the other 3 defend you it was beautiful teamwork. The time limit and the multiple rooms required good teamwork and coordination - everyone knowing their job.

1 guy does the room on the far right while 5 go to the bridge then one holds open the gate so the 6th can meet up THAT WAS FUN. Some people think its a pain but if you have good friends it was the best teamwork i've ever seen in PSU.

The 1cup and winter events - BAH !!!! . 4 peoples means you're all against each other trying to find the rares. There's no point and since it was some people's best chance to get something you had to find 3 others who weren't looking for what you wanted. Impossible of course everyone wants something.

I want an event like.... ICE AGE event where everyone takes their FLAMETHROWERS to melt ICE SEED pods while your friends defend you.

Sasamichan
Mar 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
All of them sucked.

Firebreak-everyone spamming Neudiaz

1up-Couldn't finish most Bonus Missions w/o cheating or a kick ass group.

Winter Event-everyone spamming the robot route.

GBR-everyone was spamming the 1st Moatoob mission for FoI hunting.

VetroDrago
Mar 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
I pick 1up cause it was worth getting stuff for getting S ranks on the missions and the club music ruled. I wasn't around for firebreak, and winter event made everyone high lvled, which sucks.