PDA

View Full Version : So, I was surprised last night...

Tystys
Mar 9, 2008, 10:35 AM
My friend dragged me to the midnight release of SSBB. There was the usual fan fare there. People wearing glasses, trading pokemon, ultimately freezing because of the 35 degree weather(I'm in Florida, jack asses, that's cold for us), and people dressed in character costumes. There was a Luigi type that had me ROFLing for quite some time. I ended up going to a Subway to cause my friend who works there some emotional torment before coming back to the line 15 minutes until release. The line was ofcourse, rather long, circling around atleast 5-7 stores...

What's worse is my friend didn't have a reservation. Now, mind you, nearly everyone in line did, save for 4 or 5 people who were just like my friend, hopeless saps thinking they were going to get their hands on a copy. I sighed, simply hoping I can get home in time to play some S4 (foreign game) before I go to bed. The time was 12, and the line was moving, people running around, taunting the others in line, jumping in joyous glee. About 3 times this happened. It would've been a fourth time if I didn't clothes li--

Accidentally trip this random 12 year old. I'm assuming he was OK, but in my mind, I hope he got mugged.

So, we're sitting there in front of the store (because they actually had to get someone there to control the flow of people), told to stay put until the "Special People with Receipts" get their copies first.

Me: "So, how does it feel knowing you wasted three hours of your life, Alex?

Him: "Pretty damn good. Especially since I brought you fuckers down with me."

A nut check was in order.

As we watched a rather odd sort of efficiency go about(with the line moving incredibly fast), it was our turn to go in. If anything, we were going to buy No More Heroes as a nice substitute, for I knew damn well there wasn't going to be a copy left....

Then I walked inside.

The shelves behind them were FULL of the damn things. I took a quick peak behind their counters and found COUNTLESS copies of the game. A literal treasure chest of Smashing goodness(so I hope, I haven't been able to play the game).

We walked out, my friend skipping and frolicking to "If I ever lose my faith in you" by Sting(don't you love the music choice for some of these town centers/malls?). Finally, he felt the need to do something idiotic, but in the end caused my immaturity drive to kick in and I proceeded to "L-O-L".

He tea bagged his copy. In the middle of the street.

So, my question is this.

How the hell were we able to get a copy of the game WITHOUT a reservation? I was sure they'd be long gone by then.

Even if there is a simple answer, I do not care. I'm still amazed we even got one.

Retniwreven
Mar 9, 2008, 10:49 AM
Because, for once, they knew how popular the dang thing was going to be.

Nidramag
Mar 9, 2008, 12:22 PM
its a damn good series.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
That's prolly why it took so long, because they were overstocking the fuck outta the stores.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
stores were smart for once... probably sold out by now though

Nidramag
Mar 10, 2008, 02:27 PM
its not that stores are bad at thinking ahead.l
you doint know anything of business?
when they UNDERstock, it creates a heavy rise in demand.
it builds tension. and ultimatley makes more sales.

'not enough stock' is bullshit

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 02:37 PM
Judging from how people have been acting all month, I think Brawl was anticipated enough to cause foaming at the mouth.

I still haven't looked into it personally. =X

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 03:00 PM
Rick James.

Larian
Mar 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
-=yawn=-

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
I haven't done anything at all for over twenty minutes now.
Yay work!
Literally. Nothing. I ate a sandwich. I've been sitting here staring into space.

Airalean
Mar 10, 2008, 05:33 PM
I got a copy yesterday, I had it of reserve. I reserved it Friday XD
Now, I need to unlock stuff, and get friend codes >_>

Nitro Vordex
Mar 10, 2008, 05:39 PM
Awesome.

http://www.foxtrot.com/

Tystys
Mar 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
That was quite funny...but that's not how it went down. I mean, you should've seen it. I asked if they were display models and they said "Nope, they're all for sale."

Maybe the east coast just got a break this time around, lol

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 11, 2008, 05:31 PM
On 2008-03-09 08:35, Tystys wrote:
The shelves behind them were FULL of the damn things. I took a quick peak behind their counters and found COUNTLESS copies of the game. A literal treasure chest of Smashing goodness(so I hope, I haven't been able to play the game).

Remember the GC version and how long they were top sellers? The whole lifespan really.

Expect sort of the same with this, I think. They'll never run out of copies of this.

Other than all the mentions of man crotch, is this the funny part or something, sounds like some life experience for a blog! kidding, FKLBLOGS =(.

Tystys
Mar 11, 2008, 08:32 PM
yes, actually, Haya.

It was your first and last taste of an FKL blog, for only Moo has awesome stories to share.

I'm still waiting on some fucking beef jerky.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 12, 2008, 02:54 AM
Get it your damn self.

Then FKL blog without all your crotch "jokes" and let me know how it was. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif