PDA

View Full Version : Rarest Race/Job Combo

unicorn
Mar 10, 2008, 01:14 AM
For fun. :B

Beasts: The most n00b friendly race that does well in the most n00b friendly jobs. Face it, people who play Beasts aren't the brightest. Or they're elistists who get their panties wet from bigguh numbah. You might happen to run into a Beast gunner ever-so-often. *REAL* Beast techers are hard to come by too (ex: Beast ATs without 31+ buffs because they played WT and they're tooo lazy).

Rarest Job combo for beast: Beast Fortetecher. I can honestly say I only know two. I've seen one in a lobby. And perhaps the coolest Beast FT is Espio. =P
1. Fortetecher
2. Guntecher
3. Acrotecher (good ones)

Newmans: Every pedo's dream race. Newmans come in 3 flavours: elitist loli-techer (strawberry), I-like-being-a-male-but-need-to-play-the-optimal-race (vanilla), and "I BEES EXOTIC ELFISH AMAZON"(chocolate). Don't get me wrong, I like my strawberry and vanilla, but we need a little bit more chocolate up in hurr.

Rarest Job combo for Newman: Protranser. It has the weakest stats for a Newman, and people ph33r smallah numbah.

1. Protranser
2. Fortegunner
3. Fighgunner
4. Acrofighter
5. Fortefighter

I would throw Wartecher in the mix, but theres actually a lot of Newman WTs.

CASTs: Pwn at gunner types and can-pwn at melee types. They have horridly bad TP, MST, and EVP. So they suck at teching basically. That doesn't mean they suck at techer in general, just the attack aspect. But people don't understand this. Sssh, don't let the secret out. :B

Rarest Job combo for CASTs: Fortetecher. Well duh. Isn't this an obvious one? Pre-AoI there were a couple CASTs FTs, but GT and AT took em away. The only ones left are really passionate for their character and job, or just trying to make a joke out of it. :B
1. Fortetecher
2. Wartecher
3. Acrotecher

Theres a lot of CAST Guntechers for it to be considered "rare".

Humans: No one lieks 'em. They're all over the place. They dont suck horridly at anything, and suck at everything equally.

Rarest job combo for Humans: I honestly don't know where to go with this one. Yes, there are less Human players than Beast, Newman, and CAST; however, there isn't one specific rare combo for Human (atleast in my opinion).

If I *HAD* to break it down:
1. Fortetecher
2. Fortegunner
3. Guntecher

----

This is where you come in and throw in your two cents that probably won't change my thoughts but would be interesting to read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

So what do you guys think are "rare" race/job combos?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-09 23:23 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Mar 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
The few. The proud. Human Rangers.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Mar 10, 2008, 01:22 AM
On 2008-03-09 23:18, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
The few. The proud. Human Rangers.

I second that.
I haven't seen many Human Fortegunners,or Rangers for that matter.

Itsuki
Mar 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
On 2008-03-09 23:14, super_luu wrote:
Newmans: Every pedo's dream race. Newmans come in 3 flavours: elitist loli-techer (strawberry), I-like-being-a-male-but-need-to-play-the-optimal-race (vanilla), and "I BEES EXOTIC ELFISH AMAZON"(chocolate). Don't get me wrong, I like my strawberry and vanilla, but we need a little bit more chocolate up in hurr.

I believe you meant to say cherry flavored, not strawberry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xefi
Mar 10, 2008, 01:25 AM
among race: human
among class: Cast/fortecher.

unicorn
Mar 10, 2008, 01:26 AM
On 2008-03-09 23:23, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2008-03-09 23:14, super_luu wrote:

I believe you meant to say cherry flavored, not strawberry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking ice cream flavours though. o.o;

edit: Although I do like pistachio.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-09 23:27 ]</font>

dogg1000
Mar 10, 2008, 01:46 AM
I have a newman PT =D

Kirie
Mar 10, 2008, 01:47 AM
[='-']/ I play FG with my Newman~
But I haven't seen Cast fT at all, so I'll go with that.

P.S. Hey, chocolate flavor is nice too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LaughingMan
Mar 10, 2008, 01:53 AM
lol my cast is a guntecher and ya they aren't very rare but once he hits 120 i'm switching him to fortetecher just to go around and mess with people

Ramadonis
Mar 10, 2008, 03:07 AM
This has inspired me to make my Cast's second job...Fortetecher >_>

Ashkahn
Mar 10, 2008, 03:33 AM
You know, just for the sake of this thread, I'll put Ash on GT.

What's the worst that could happen?

LaughingMan
Mar 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
On 2008-03-10 01:07, Ramadonis wrote:
This has inspired me to make my Cast's second job...Fortetecher >_>

JOIN THE REVOLUTION

if your on 360 i'll train with ya lol

SolRiver
Mar 10, 2008, 05:21 AM
I voted for g34t4gzhsda since I have never seen one.

Libram
Mar 10, 2008, 07:09 AM
If you check in my profile you will see that I have

1. Human Male - Fortetecher
2. Human Female - Fortegunner

There aren't many other class, race, and gender combos like those two. Heck, I've only ever met one other HF fG.

DEM_CIG
Mar 10, 2008, 07:15 AM
Umm Cast/ Fortetecher... ive seen a couple of those on the 360 server...

Kerry157
Mar 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
Well if ya didnt know CAST is the best race for AT so why its rare i dont know.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 10, 2008, 07:50 AM
muwahahaahahahahaahahaha...I'm the only person I know of with a non-loli newman thats a PT.

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

*Fire trap EX goes off on thread*

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
On 2008-03-10 05:28, Kerry157 wrote:
Well if ya didnt know CAST is the best race for AT so why its rare i dont know.

Well, they're MUCH better at Fortetecher.

Shinko
Mar 10, 2008, 08:33 AM
CAST techers rare? wtf? i swear i think i see more cast techers than newman techers.

.... if i had tp pick 1 it be newman fortefighter

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 09:03 AM
Of all these rare race/job combos I've at least seen CAST/fT, newm/PT, newm/fF... never seen a human/fG. It's too plain and too functional to draw out the freaks who get a kick out of playing bad character setups.

Yuneiko
Mar 10, 2008, 09:52 AM
...Now that I finally got Acrofighter 11 (So much MP...), I'm considering switching to fortegunner. Thanks guys. Human Female player here by the way. At launch, I quickly switched to ranger as soon as I could, and have played guntecher in the past. I'll try my hand at fortegunner now.

unicorn
Mar 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
I still think there rarest jobs are: Beast FT, Newman PT, Newman FG, CAST FT, and Human FT.

I've met 9 Human FGs. Some joined my parties and I've seen some in lobbies.

chibiLegolas
Mar 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry, but none of the above. The listing is too VAGUE...

My personal vote:
1. Cast FT (I've seen PLENTY of cast AT and GT tho)
2. Human FoG (I've seen plenty cross class humans, but few pure FoG)

Danny_Dark
Mar 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
Well...I was a HUMAN Fortetecher too...

Dhylec
Mar 10, 2008, 12:52 PM
I currently have a human FT, & a newman FG. I want to get them to ay least 10 before I change, again. ;]

Skye-Fox713
Mar 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
Beast Fortegunner i have only seen 2 others

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
I've seen a lot of non-CASTs being Fortegunners. (JOE and Saiffy come to mind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

I only know Deja as the CAST fT.

I've only ever seen one newman PT, and that'd by Kazuma, Shiro's character.

Still, I'll go with newman PT.

Weeaboolits
Mar 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
Beast guntecher, as far as I can recall, I haven't run into any others yet.

Spacepest
Mar 10, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hmm, Roar is a female beast Fortegunner. (I keep meaning to eventually switch her over to Guntecher, but her damn PM is so good about healing her I haven't bothered yet. Someday, eventually.)

Now that I think about it, I havent seen alot of beast FG and GTs.

Celi-Ka
Mar 10, 2008, 03:21 PM
I've run into 1 or 2 CAST FT's in the 18 months I've been in this game. The last time I saw one was way back when Crimson Beast was "new". I also don't see a whole lot of Human Fortegunners, which is ok; I don't think that combo would work too well.

Akaimizu
Mar 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
The only other Human Female Guntechers I ever seen online were friends of mine, though they don't really count as they were simply doing that to finish up maxing every class in the game, with a single character. So they were GTs in passing, basically.

Syl
Mar 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
lol I was a cast fT for a while back in the days of Crimson Beast/Dual Sentinel. It was the second class I was leveling (a bit before I met Deja actually lol) and capped at the time. It was good for leveling my bows, support techs and debuffs. Then I just went back to GT since I missed it >.>

Dragwind
Mar 10, 2008, 04:25 PM
I think it varies more-so with all the classes. For instance, I see more newman GTs, but not many newman fGs. Same with beasts- I see more beast WTs than beast fTs or GTs, etc.

Ronin1of47
Mar 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'd say cast fortetecher, but im currently playing cast fortetecher... So ima say g34t4gzhsda cause i have no idea what that is and have never seen it before.

VetroDrago
Mar 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm a newman fighter. The g34t thing made me laugh. Beast rangers seem pretty rare to me.

mvffin
Mar 11, 2008, 12:29 AM
i've only seen one newman FI in all my time in PSU. I've seen many many newman FF's, Cast FT, and Humans are anything . Beast gunners are what I see the least.

Mjilnor
Mar 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
just want to say.. beast rangers rock/ very high atp and ata... i do so much damage... put it this way.. at a capped level fighgunner it takes me about 16 min (with a 38% high grind light rucar)and using all my trimates to run true darkness... with a fortfighter.. about 10 minutes and only 60 of my trimates... i think its a wonderful and powerful type/race combo.

Sidney
Mar 11, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'd say... Beast fT! I have yet to meet one of those yet. :3
I've seen a few CAST fT, but LU is definitely my favorite.

*noms*
Hi LU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Red_Sasori
Mar 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
O.O Never thought I'd see you here sou XD

But ya, I said Beast FG, I've only seen one during my entire 17 months on PSU

Sidney
Mar 11, 2008, 09:40 AM
XD Well, me neither! But I had to reply to LU's post, just because, he is LU. :D
(I just get on here to lurk!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soubrette on 2008-03-11 07:41 ]</font>

Grimhart
Mar 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
Beast FG, I suppose. I hear they're around, but I haven't seen any myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
On 2008-03-10 05:50, Dragon_Knight wrote:
muwahahaahahahahaahahaha...I'm the only person I know of with a non-loli newman thats a PT.

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

*Fire trap EX goes off on thread*

My newman chick is not a loli either. She is:

Fighgunner 15
Fortefighter 15
Fortegunner 15
Protranser 15

She's almost always fortefighter, but I often switch to Fortegunner if I'm in the mood for twin handguns. On the flip side, my caseal is an Acrotecher main.

Newmans: Every pedo's dream race. Newmans come in 3 flavours: elitist loli-techer (strawberry), I-like-being-a-male-but-need-to-play-the-optimal-race (vanilla), and "I BEES EXOTIC ELFISH AMAZON"(chocolate).

Rarest Job combo for Newman: Protranser. It has the weakest stats for a Newman, and people ph33r smallah numbah.

There's another flavor: 4) I'm a chick and I want to play a character who loosely resembles myself (normal) [except for the ears obviously]. Smaller numbers? It's not THAT small. I've hit 7693 in one hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-03-11 15:43 ]</font>

unicorn
Mar 11, 2008, 11:35 PM
On 2008-03-11 07:24, soubrette wrote:
I'd say... Beast fT! I have yet to meet one of those yet. :3
I've seen a few CAST fT, but LU is definitely my favorite.

*noms*
Hi LU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SOUUUUUUU ~

But yeah, I think Beast FT is the rarest out there. Newman Fortegunner would follow second mainly because Newmans playing outside techer often play a HUNTER role, not so much a Ranger role. CAST FT would be third.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-11 21:36 ]</font>

icewyrm
Apr 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hmm, i'm pretty sure I've played with beast fortetechers before. Maybe they've just all finished their ft capping phase http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif