PDA

View Full Version : Should Set Bonus stats be shown?

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
I think that if you are wearing an item(s) set then the stats should be shown in the form of + numbers in Gold or Green, basically some other color that makes it visible- not hidden.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?

PS. (I will not be casting a vote in this poll. I want to know what you guys think.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-10 09:08 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, as well as a lot of other information as far as items and their abilities go. In-game information in PSO/PSU has always been pathetic.

Dhylec
Mar 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
It'd nice to see, but I won't care less. ;]

Lighthero
Mar 10, 2008, 11:27 AM
Would be nice. Comparing your stats with extra status stuff.

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
In this department I think PSO/PSU should take a page from Diablo II's book of skill.

Wait a second.....Didn't they show most of the final stats in PSO??? Hmmmm, another gapping hole in PSU's programming

Iduno
Mar 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
no finding them out yourself is more fun

(loved the little clues in the walkerline description to it pairing with nightwalkers)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2008-03-10 09:45 ]</font>

stukasa
Mar 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
Yes, I think they should show it. Casual players shouldn't have to hunt down that information on forums. There's a lot of stuff about the game I wouldn't know if I didn't come here, that's for sure.

Dhylec
Mar 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-03-10 09:43, stukasa wrote:
Yes, I think they should show it. Casual players shouldn't have to hunt down that information on forums. There's a lot of stuff about the game I wouldn't know if I didn't come here, that's for sure.

We have a page listed the bonus for sets, but that didn't stop topics popping up asking for them. ;]

Danny_Dark
Mar 10, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, I think they should show it.

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
I just think instead of using the trigger for a chat logs and secondary selection, they could ustilized the convience of the trigger being a "TOTAL sum of damge and character stats." I just think that this is the way of thinking that is much more relaxing as far as game play. The ease of having a game that shows you the stats instead of you calculating everything on websites.

ThEoRy
Mar 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yes, and while were at it Buffed stats should be shown as well. No?

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yes, and while were at it Buffed stats should be shown as well. No?

1 Right Trigger Click::::::

Character Base stats, Type, Exp, Class.

2 Right Trigger Clicks:::::

Character Base stats + Weapon stats, With calculated skill level PAs + BONUS SET stats in GREEN

3 Right Trigger Clicks:::::

All Character Stats + Status Effect(s) Totals. BUFFS and DEBUFFS

beatrixkiddo
Mar 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
So what about people who use the chat log?

Andy1423
Mar 10, 2008, 02:23 PM
howa bout holding left trigger in addition to holding the right.

Or when the software keyboard is up utilize come of those commands....and make them parallel with the USB keyboard function.

It's really not hard to find an easy solution to this.

Right Trigger is as I said, plus while that menu is up, tab the bumper to toggle the chat log.

There has got to be a better solution than the current. Chat logs are secondary problem, not a primary. I think not showing the STATUS in detail is a primary need that is not addressed

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 04:14 PM
On 2008-03-10 12:23, Andy1423 wrote:
Chat logs are secondary problem, not a primary. I think not showing the STATUS in detail is a primary need that is not addressed

I think playing the actual game is primary over stat screens. Next people would want to be able to pop a snapshot of their total ATP as a cut-in chat. Maybe add an /ATP emote?

I wouldn't bother looking at my stats even if the listed values were accurate, that's less time spent chatting with friends and killing monsters. Set bonuses are quite visible in the white numbers over monsters' heads, which are what anyone could quickly to quickly estimate their actual damage output.

Dragwind
Mar 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
On 2008-03-10 09:14, amtalx wrote:
Yes, as well as a lot of other information as far as items and their abilities go. In-game information in PSO/PSU has always been pathetic.

I whole heartedly agree.

Aries2384
Mar 10, 2008, 06:28 PM
PSO had better stat programs. Hell, they even added in for Buffs! I always liked casting shifta and watching my ATP go up. It was fun.