PDA

View Full Version : He's arrogant, he's rude, and he wears glasses!

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
I lul'd so hard when i heard that in tales of legenda

tales of legenda is to the tales series as FKL is to psoworld

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
I hated Legendia. Everything was so fluffy and weird, the main character was a total emo who did nothing but whine about his sister, and the world was all 'LIGHT BLOOM AND LENSFLARE LOL'

Weeaboolits
Mar 10, 2008, 03:01 PM
That game was disappointing, all it did was fill me with regret over having sold ToS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
I never sell games.
I still have NES cartridges and stuff like copies of Earthbound, LoZ, Super Metroid, etc.

Heck, we still have an intellivision in the basement somewhere.

PhotonDrop
Mar 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
I don't understand how people can sell their games to begin with. Stupid damn rates at EB Games makes me rage hard. 2 bucks for MY Wind Waker? I'd rather keep the damn thing.

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 03:18 PM
Haha, oh wow. Two bucks? Might as well host a garage sale yourself. Srsly.

PhotonDrop
Mar 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
The only one in my entire area is ridiculous. I know they want to make a profit, but I feel stabbed in the back when I sell a game for 2-5 dollars and see it in the bargain bin the next week for 10-15 dollars.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
yeah only reason why i'm playing legenda is because i've beaten symphonia and abyss and i was waiting for brawl but now that brawl is out ^.^

AlexCraig
Mar 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
David and I have made it a solid rule that we are NEVER to sell our video games (unless to a friend <Damn him selling Soul Calibur III to Mike and Diontae>.)

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
yeah same, the only game i've ever sold was game & watch gallery 3

AlexCraig
Mar 10, 2008, 03:35 PM
We sold Earthworm Jim a long time ago. But David had mom buy it on ebay for him, so we have it again.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 03:37 PM
i know that as soon as i sell a game i got tired of i'm going to want to play it again the next day

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
I've got a bunch of PSX games I'd never even consider selling. Breath of Fire III, Suikoden II, FF Tactics, Legend of Mana, and Star Ocean are all included in this.

AlexCraig
Mar 10, 2008, 03:39 PM
We have BoF3, BoF4, FFT, FFOrigins, FFAnthology, Ridge Racer, Frogger, Spyro, The Lost World, a few others.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2008, 03:43 PM
okami, tales of the abyss, FFXII, metroid prime 2 and 3, sa2b, golden sun 1 and 2, kirby airride, heroes III-V, all the myst games, tales of symphonia, smash bros 64, smash bros brawl, starfox adventure and command, star ocean 3, xenosage 1-3, etc

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'd compose a full list if I were at home. I can't for the life of me name them all off here. =X

Out_Kast
Mar 10, 2008, 04:11 PM
PSX game I'd never sell - Bomberman Fantasy Race.
I fell in love with it when we rented it from the local store, and cried when we had to take it back. So my parents bought it for me the next day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: Waaait, wait. Missed a point.
Why do you sell games? I see/hear about loads of people buying then selling or trading in games. That's something I'd never do, because I know I'd regret it later. I just know I'd have the urge to replay it at one stage in my life...
Then again, I do seem to have a knack for picking great games. But I'm replaying a lot of my PSX games recently (on my PS3, which oddly enough can't play PS2 games but can play PSX games...?), so I'm pretty glad I never sold those off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2008-03-10 14:15 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
I remember playing Bomberman 64 and exploiting the ability to bounce bombs in weird places, combining it with nearly impossible jumps or falls or whatever, in order to get to places I wasn't supposed to. =D

Hunting down those golden ticket things or whatever was a massive pain.

Larian
Mar 10, 2008, 04:33 PM
At first I thought you were talking about Larian! =/

But yeah Legendia is crap...Hated the entire thing but I had to play it because it was a Tales game! Still nothing can even compare to Tales of Destiny! Nuff said.

Retniwreven
Mar 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
I played ToD extensively in my younger years. I never did find that one bracelet that let you use two players at once, sadly. Also, I never beat it. Then I moved on to things like Star Ocean. =X

Sord
Mar 10, 2008, 05:45 PM
i've never sold any of my games...
because my brothers break them beyound use before i get the chance

Nitro Vordex
Mar 10, 2008, 06:02 PM
Wait wait wait, what's going on in this thread? I'm confused.

*Took Ibuprofen*

Alizarin
Mar 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
I rarely sold my games back, and if I did, I did as soon as I could so I can salvage the maximum return cost, which unfortunately isn't much. I sold them since I had some reason to at the time, and I usually forget, though I don't really regret selling them even now. To date, I count four, and it's a much smaller list than games I would never sell/currently have.

They are:
Virtual On MARZ (I really wanted to like this game, I really did...)
Inu Yasha: Feudal Combat (Returned it that same day, I liked the PSX version a lot better.)
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (Too many disappointments, sadly. I kept most of the promotional material though.)
Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity (Tried it out for a day, then returned it. I probably didn't give it a fair chance, but I don't see myself going back to try it again)