PDA

View Full Version : Idiots on the Trade forum

Gunslinger-08
Mar 10, 2008, 04:32 PM
This is just one of those moments where I have to stand back and ask: wtf? I check the trade forums about once every couple days, and on the occasion that someone has something that grabs my interest, I naturally go and look into it.
My problem is that half the time I bother to go into one of those threads, whether I post or not, the person wants cash. Nothing else. Only cash. Oh, my bad, I thought this was a TRADING forum. Heck, ask for a monomate and the money your wanting, but if all you want is cash, there's something in the game called a player shop! Why is it there?!?!? So you can get cash (only) for your items! If no one buys your items in the player shop, what makes you think that coming into a trading forum will make a difference? Ok, I'm done. Just had to blow a little steam.

panzer_unit
Mar 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
It makes some sense... there's no 'auction' system in player shops, where you list at a certain price and then hope there's a huge bidding war over your item. Either you list at a reasonable price and sell, or you list at a ripoff price and watch your thing collect dust.

My favorite are trade board guys like this:

OMG I HAVE [b] RARE WEP! WILL TRADE FOR...
* made item of equal rarity (must be high % if melee)
* two boards of equal rarity
* most rare unit in game
* most rare armor in game
* any combination of the above

Or, not naming names, the guys who don't post some insane list of wants but you PM them and they come up with half a dozen excuses why they don't want the specific item you've got on offer.

Randomness
Mar 17, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-03-10 14:42, panzer_unit wrote:
It makes some sense... there's no 'auction' system in player shops, where you list at a certain price and then hope there's a huge bidding war over your item. Either you list at a reasonable price and sell, or you list at a ripoff price and watch your thing collect dust.

* most rare unit in game

Or, not naming names, the guys who don't post some insane list of wants but you PM them and they come up with half a dozen excuses why they don't want the specific item you've got on offer.

Now, if only I could get them to accept a random 9* gun for a Degahna Cannon board, lol.

If someone wants to sell, they should tag that in the title. If someone has absurd wants... they need a slice of humble pie... get that greed in check. Unless the item JUST came out in the last few days, in which case the demand may be enough for such a crazy price. (Economics ftw, in that case)

Nitro Vordex
Mar 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
On 2008-03-17 14:11, Randomness wrote:
Now, if only I could get them to accept a random 9* gun for a Degahna Cannon board, lol.

If someone wants to sell, they should tag that in the title. If someone has absurd wants... they need a slice of humble pie... get that greed in check. Unless the item JUST came out in the last few days, in which case the demand may be enough for such a crazy price. (Economics ftw, in that case)

Mind you, that pie sometimes goes down great with a nice glass of STFU.
Really, there are some idiots who just keep talking even after the trade.

Tetsaru
Mar 18, 2008, 07:10 AM
I'm sick of this trend as well. It seems like recently, whenever I look for a gun weapon I'm wanting to trade for, it's always meseta, meseta, motherfucking meseta. I dunno about you guys, but I only sell equipment when I feel that it is useless to me, or if I'm REALLY hard-pressed for cash, in which I'll usually just devote a day towards spamming White Beast S runs or something (it's a good place for leveling my alts anyway, and there's good loot there). Besides, I'd prefer to save my cash for consumable stuff, like all those Trimates and traps I burn when soloing, or those Catiliums and Neu Walnas I need to synth a weapon board I found... stuff like that. =/

Sekani
Mar 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
On 2008-03-10 14:42, panzer_unit wrote:

* most rare unit in game

This is why I stopped reading the trade forum a long time ago.

Sol_B4dguy
Mar 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
Agreed. Of course, my pet peeve is the people who find a somewhat rare melee weap and what a Rattlesnake for it. >_<

Seority
Mar 18, 2008, 01:01 PM
I also dislike those who don't haggle. Sure you didn't get exactly what you wanted, but the deal was fair and you get something you want rather then the item you didn't and wanted to trade.

And if I'm trading something really big, I expect something to be big in return, and vice versa. I'm not gonna offer crap items for a really good one. That just tells the person I'm an idoit who doesn't take into account what they are losing.

panzer_unit
Mar 18, 2008, 02:38 PM
I only bother with the trade board when I've got an even trade I want to make and something I'm DESPERATE to get, or when I've got a really good item more or less by accident and I'm willing to trade "down" for something else that I actually want + meseta and misc goods.

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 09:02 PM
I love when they have something worthless and try to trade if for insanely rare things nowhere near their item in value and get pissed when it doesnt sell in 10 minutes.

amtalx
Mar 21, 2008, 06:41 AM
I don't understand why the Trading forum has to equal NO MESETA, JUST ITEMS. To me, the trading forum is just a place where people can hock their items, advertise their shop, etc.

Raine_Loire
Mar 24, 2008, 10:38 AM
Technically, the people who only want meseta are still trading. They're trading their item for your equal value amount of meseta. Since meseta is an in game item, it's not REAL money. At least... ideally it's EQUAL VALUE of meseta...

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2008, 04:27 PM
On 2008-03-24 08:38, Raine_Loire wrote:
Technically, the people who only want meseta are still trading. They're trading their item for your equal value amount of meseta. Since meseta is an in game item, it's not REAL money. At least... ideally it's EQUAL VALUE of meseta...

That would be a SELLING forum.

panzer_unit
Mar 25, 2008, 09:04 AM
If you just want money, put it in your shop. Don't bother with the board... it's a huge waste of everyone's time including yours.

Retniwreven
Mar 25, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm a proponent of the 'Either meseta OR...' policy in my shops.
Of course, I rarely, if ever, use the trade forum to sell anything unless it's a significantly rare find. If it'd make 1-2mil I just let it sit in the PM until I might need it in the future.

amtalx
Mar 25, 2008, 12:18 PM
Shenanigans! Trade forum rules make allowances for trades and auctions, selling an item for meseta. Trade != No Meseta

^Totally dick mod move^ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Raine_Loire
Mar 25, 2008, 04:04 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:27, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-03-24 08:38, Raine_Loire wrote:

That would be a SELLING forum.

Um, yeah I guess... especially since one of the definitions of trading is a purchase or sale; business deal or transaction... Free trade agreements prevent taxes from the SALE of items between 2 parties. Giving goods in exchange for other goods, money, or services, are all considered trade.

*Edit* for the literal minded, the description of the Trading forum:
Set up game items for buys, sales and trades & all related topics here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2008-03-25 14:05 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 26, 2008, 02:52 AM
I think the problem isn't wanting money for an item but rather ONLY ACCEPTING money for an item. If you only want money, there's this thing called a search function other players use. They use it to find the best price. Try to match it.

Now if you are asking for money and/or items for something, that's a bit more reasonable. But there's not reason for you to only be requesting cash in the trade forum. Especially if you're not charging the lowest price.

Raine_Loire
Mar 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
Well at the very least they should put something on the ad SAYING they only want money...

I could see using it for money only under 2 conditions:

1) the search function doesn't seem right and you want to check what people would pay in an environment that people may actually read it

2) you have it in your store a long time and it isn't selling. (it happens... sometimes my store won't show up for weeks for searches, even if you search by name).

But like I said- putting cash only up front is a quick way to make sure no one's time is wasted.

stukasa
Mar 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-03-26 13:16, Raine_Loire wrote:
(it happens... sometimes my store won't show up for weeks for searches, even if you search by name)

For some reason maintenance causes shop items to disappear from the search list. Changing something in your shop after maintenance should fix that. You only have to make one change and it doesn't matter what it is--adjust the price of an item, for example--and your items should show up in the search again. Try doing that after each maintenance and see if that fixes your problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Raine_Loire
Mar 26, 2008, 04:15 PM
TY ^_^

Cracka_J
Mar 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
Frankly, I'm on the opposite side of this argument, and I'm getting really fed up with seeing multiple posts by the same people (you know who you are) complaining that they don't have said monies to buy the items they desire. It gets annnoying and aggrivating at the same time. Money IS an ITEM, and it should be allowed to be traded freely as one. In all actuality, meseta is the most surefire investment you can make in psu - *pending any future hacks*, meseta will NEVER lose or gain value, it is 100% constant, and will always be a more viable means of maintaining your personal value out of a trade - whereas weapon worth can flux depending on missions released.

I mean the only thing you should really be complaining about is the people who only have intentions to sell an item for pure meseta and tag their threads with a T>(such and such item). If they put a selling note in the topic and make their intentions clear in their post, I've got no beef with that. Why shouldn't they be able to get free advertising for an item that would just sit around in their shop for a few days? Personally I've moved multiple 45+ mil sales in under 12 hour periods due to the exposure you get on the boards, and it's for that reason alone I'm still a member here >.>

I think a lot of people didn't think meseta would retain value, and held onto their random 9 and 10* weapons that they thought were 1337, instead of making moves and cashing out on their items, and are now bitter that others capitalized on their situations. Your items are only worth as much as their current drop rates, I really don't think I can stress that enough. If someone wants to make a more stable trade for their goods, I really don't see why they shouldn't be entitled to.

darkante
Mar 27, 2008, 11:07 PM
Well it pretty much annoyes me like hell that people spam my trading topics with immature messages like "Lol"

GROW UP!
If itīs really a bad offer..you can hold your tongue.