PDA

View Full Version : guntechers TP boost

Arakasa
Mar 13, 2008, 02:21 AM
is there any stat calculator out there that takes into account the recent guntecher TP boost that happened on the JP servers? just wanna get an idea of what it will be once it hits the US servers

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2008, 02:37 AM
GT level 20 went from 104% to 140%. fT at level 20 is 170%, so it's a very nice boost.

Arakasa
Mar 13, 2008, 03:41 PM
ah sounds awsome :3 happen to know the amount of boost for a female beast guntecher 15 at level 84?

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2008, 03:49 PM
Hmm. That does sound significant. I'm kind of curious as for what it is for 15-19 as well, but still a 36% boost at 20 is interesting. I don't know how much this does for numbers (yeah that terrible word again), but it would be an interesting thing to see what my attack techs start doing with the change.

To a certain degree, I'm kind of competing with myself so that I'm not caught off-guard *not* using attack techs more, when I really should be using them more. Right now, I do use them regularly just to see when I might have a few bread and butter attack tech opportunities, when the need arises.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-13 13:52 ]</font>

Sekani
Mar 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
Level 15 - 130%
Level 16 - 132%
Level 17 - 134%
Level 18 - 136%
Level 19 - 138%
Level 20 - 140%

To put it in perspective you'll be doing slightly more damage with attack techs than wartechers.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure what that means, as I've not seen much Wartecher action doing a lot of techs. I'm more interested in seeing how it makes a difference compared to what I do now given I'm familiar with exactly what all my current weapons can do.

Many thanks for the numbers, they are a help in giving me an idea of what to expect.

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
As was stated in the original discussion thread, this boost mostly benefits Newman Guntechers, and in a big way. We're no longer limited to just Ranged, we can now fully make use of our full potential as Ranger Forces. For Beast and CAST GTs, it'll mainly be a boost to your healing abilities.

I think this makes Newmans one of the best GTs, because the racial boost they get for the class narrows down the ATP gap, but this boost makes their Technic potential shoot way above the others. If something is Ranged-resistant, it won't be Technic-resistant unless the enemy simply resists everything. Ranged and Attack Technics is truly a combo to be reckoned with. I find I can clear Train Rescue S2 faster than using Killer Shot by using a lightning Crossbow on the rogues and Technics on the robots.

pikachief
Mar 13, 2008, 05:02 PM
it also helps on gun resistant enemies D:

POlhavorhas and be killed easier now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

unicorn
Mar 13, 2008, 06:04 PM
On 2008-03-13 14:51, Typheros wrote:
As was stated in the original discussion thread, this boost mostly benefits Newman Guntechers, and in a big way. We're no longer limited to just Ranged, we can now fully make use of our full potential as Ranger Forces. For Beast and CAST GTs, it'll mainly be a boost to your healing abilities.

I think this makes Newmans one of the best GTs, because the racial boost they get for the class narrows down the ATP gap, but this boost makes their Technic potential shoot way above the others. If something is Ranged-resistant, it won't be Technic-resistant unless the enemy simply resists everything. Ranged and Attack Technics is truly a combo to be reckoned with. I find I can clear Train Rescue S2 faster than using Killer Shot by using a lightning Crossbow on the rogues and Technics on the robots.

Unless GT gets 50 bullets, thus making Beast and CAST GT ftw.

But I think Newman and Human are going to be the best choices for a while. Maybe more favoring Humans.

Syl
Mar 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
Definitely making my newman alt a GT too <_<

imfanboy
Mar 13, 2008, 07:00 PM
I dunno how serious this will be.

I DO tech as a Wartecher, and I gotta say that most of the time, the techs I find most useful even with level 30 and plenty of TP are high-damage, high-multiplier things like Diga, Nosdiga, Megid, and sometimes Ra-Technics.

The thing I see this being most useful for a guntecher is giving us a way of dealing with the horde of small creatures like Polties and the Badira family - right now we deal damage to only one or two at a time (depending on how lucky we are with shotgun bullets) but with Gi-technics we can hammer 6 at a time and with their low HP kill them in a reasonable amount of time. Right now our main choice is for small mobs is laser, and it doesn't do much good when they're up in your face.

Sekani
Mar 13, 2008, 07:05 PM
On 2008-03-13 17:00, imfanboy wrote:
The thing I see this being most useful for a guntecher is giving us a way of dealing with the horde of small creatures like Polties and the Badira family - right now we deal damage to only one or two at a time (depending on how lucky we are with shotgun bullets) but with Gi-technics we can hammer 6 at a time and with their low HP kill them in a reasonable amount of time. Right now our main choice is for small mobs is laser, and it doesn't do much good when they're up in your face.

Uh, crossbows?

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2008, 07:44 PM
The Attack Technics I chose for my Newman GT:

Foie
Diga
Rafoie
Rabarta
Razonde
Radiga
Regrant
Megiverse

Foie and Diga are used the most, as they hit really hard and are perfect for Ranged-resistant monsters. The assortment of Ra-technics are for additional SE-spreading (gets those enemies in the back rows that a Crossbow can't) and tagging. Radiga does some decent damage, as well. Regrant and Megiverse are both useful in their own ways, especially Regrant. Also, I left out Gi-technics because it's really not a good idea for a GT (those are best used on WTs), and Regrant and Megiverse handles the surrounded-by-enemies scenario quite well.

Combining these Technics with Longbows, Rifles, Laser Cannons, Twin Handguns, Cards, and Crossbows, there's nothing my Newman GT can't handle at maximum potential.

On small mobs.....for me, they're easily handled by Lasers, Crossbows, and Twin Handguns, thus I avoided the penetrating Technics. They'd be a redundancy in my particular build.

Lamak
Mar 13, 2008, 07:53 PM
On 2008-03-13 17:44, Typheros wrote:

Foie
Diga
Rafoie
Rabarta
Razonde
Radiga
Regrant
Megiverse

Foie and Diga are used the most, as they hit really hard and are perfect for Ranged-resistant monsters. The assortment of Ra-technics are for additional SE-spreading (gets those enemies in the back rows that a Crossbow can't) and tagging. Radiga does some decent damage, as well. Regrant and Megiverse are both useful in their own ways, especially Regrant. Also, I left out Gi-technics because it's really not a good idea for a GT (those are best used on WTs), and Regrant and Megiverse handles the surrounded-by-enemies scenario quite well.

Combining these Technics with Longbows, Rifles, Laser Cannons, Twin Handguns, Cards, and Crossbows, there's nothing my Newman GT can't handle at maximum potential.

On small mobs.....for me, they're easily handled by Lasers, Crossbows, and Twin Handguns, thus I avoided the penetrating Technics. They'd be a redundancy in my particular build.

I suggest you drop Megiverse.

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2008, 08:03 PM
On 2008-03-13 17:53, Lamak wrote:

On 2008-03-13 17:44, Typheros wrote:

Foie
Diga
Rafoie
Rabarta
Razonde
Radiga
Regrant
Megiverse

I suggest you drop Megiverse.

You have to level it for it to become effective, but it's been nothing but good to me. Constant damage surrounding me without the knockback of Regrant.

GreenArcher
Mar 13, 2008, 10:03 PM
On 2008-03-13 13:41, Arakasa wrote:
ah sounds awsome :3 happen to know the amount of boost for a female beast guntecher 15 at level 84?

Divide your current base TP by 1.04, then multiply by 1.40. Then subtract the larger number from the smaller one, that's your boost http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif